It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Family says they tipped gay waitress, didn't leave note about 'lifestyle'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

pasiphae

Laxpla
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Which the family provided the credit-card statement which also said that they tipped.

but that wasn't an actual statement. it was a print out of their online statement which could be "fixed" in about 5 minutes and printed out.

If you watch the video, the reporter states, "I have the Visa bill showing the charge.." when the manager makes the same accusation. The didn't show the bill, but did provide it to the reporter. The one shown on the video is the printed statement from online.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

pasiphae

Helious

intrepid
reply to post by Helious

Actually you may have proved the opposite. Look at the stub that says the total with tip is $111.55. Then look below on the same stub. Computer print says $93.55.

The computer print out below the signature area can not reflect the total amount after tip, only the amount before hand as the tip is entered separately when the check is closed. Until the check is finalized in the POS the slip that the customer signs is only a preauthorization and could not under any circumstances show the final amount including tip, the POS system provides a different receipt upon the closing of the check that in most restaurants is stapled to the check that has the customers signature.

For the customer, the only place the tip shows up as hard proof it has been entered is their credit card statement which in this case has been reviewed and has been shown to have the full amount of the bill + the tip added which is concrete proof that either the server or manager entered the tip when they closed the check.

It's the ONE thing on ATS I really am an expert on lol! I have worked at 18 different restaurants and have intimate knowledge operating and managing no less than a dozen different POS systems!
edit on 26-11-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

here's where i'm stumped on this story and wonder if there was more to this.

don't POS systems print "copy" or "reprint" if you have to make another copy of a transaction? i haven't worked one in a very long time but i do remember then ones i did use always said that which prevents fraud.

my other "scenario" that seems plausible is: customers don't a leave tip. waitress or manager at the end of the night goes ahead and adds in a tip because they try to pull a fast one on some customers that stiffed a waitress. customers see the stuff on the news and then when they look at their bill they see that a tip was added in that they didn't intend to leave (i know restaurants and bars do that sometimes). they are "receipt keepers" (i'm not one of those types) and decide to write in the tip and go to the news to make the waitress look bad because they are pissed that a tip was added when they didn't want it to be.

is that even plausible? possibly?

so far everyone is claiming the handwriting doesn't belong to them. whose handwriting is it??

No, that is entirely rediculous. The couple could not have retroactively gone back to edit the credit card bill.

Here is the simple fact of the matter, this can not be disputed.

The server or manager of that restaurant, entered in the amount of the tip when they closed that check. In almost all cases it would have been before the end of the night as the reports that need to be printed upon closing must have all checks closed out.

Even if that were not the case, somebody at that restaurant entered in the tip on that check, it's the only way it ends up on the credit card statement. Do you really expect me or anyone else to believe this was some elaborate hoax pulled off by a deeply racist family dead set on ruining this girls life despite all the evidence she is guilty of lying and fraud?

You would have to ignore significant facts and suspend all realistic beliefs to think that is the case.

She lied, for whatever reason, that is the cold hard fact in this case.
edit on 27-11-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

mikeone718
Not surprising considering the gay agenda we're all forced to live with these days.

This isn't a 'gay agenda' thing. It's a 'serial liar' thing.
She lied about her military record. She lied about being in combat.
She lied about being blown up by a road side bomb.
SHe lied about being the sole survivor of her unit that got wiped out in combat.
She lied about being pregnant. SHe lied about the baby dying from cancer.
She lied about herself having cancer.

She lies to get sympathy and attention.
MORE
edit on 11/28/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I have no problem with the government recognizing civil unions. I wish that was all it did. A lot of people call that a marriage, and I'm fine with that.

If you want more than just legal recognition, then you go for the spiritual aspect. There are religious groups that freely recognize same sex unions, even some Christian denoms, and I'm fine with that, too.

All of this is freedom at work. That's what it's all about, or what it's supposed to be all about.

However, if you go that route. It means there will still be some religions and some denoms that will not recognize same sex unions. If I'm fine with the ones who do, homosexuals should also tolerate the ones who do not. Live and let live, right?

Somehow, their behavior over business owners who will serve them freely right up until being asked to participate in a ceremony they don't believe in and believe violates their conscience leads me to believe otherwise.

Well, my Catholic wife has learned to live with the fact that not only do I detest what Catholicism has been for centuries, but that I will never give her a wedding through the Catholic church. Oh well. She is a harlot living in sin. For the last 20 years. LOL

Who cares what a church thinks about you? Just because they legitimize themselves with the fallacy of "institution", people are supposed to care?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Fraudfinder

Typical; the people screaming the most about their "rights" being trampled are the ones doing the trampling, and the lying. I think the couple should file a lawsuit for defamation of character, libel, etc; whatever they can get. teach this lying twerp a lesson!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Typical; the people screaming the most about their "rights" being trampled are the ones doing the trampling

Person. She is a bad person. She is not the leader of gay people. Her actions are in no way indicative of how the majority of gay people act. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that gay people everywhere were pissed about what she'd done before it came to light she had lied. Get it out of your head that gay people are all that different. They are not. They just like fishing for a different kind of trout than us straighties. All they really want is a fishing license. That's not so scary an agenda.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

LadyGreenEyes

Typical; the people screaming the most about their "rights" being trampled are the ones doing the trampling, and the lying. I think the couple should file a lawsuit for defamation of character, libel, etc; whatever they can get. teach this lying twerp a lesson!

I believe Ted Bundy was straight. All those straight people mass murdering.....typical.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

LadyGreenEyes

I believe Ted Bundy was straight. All those straight people mass murdering.....typical.

Dahmer wasn't. Do you really want to go there? I have college-level knowledge of serial killers.

Anything actually relevant to state? We are talking about rights, not serial killers. Stay on topic already.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Domo1
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Typical; the people screaming the most about their "rights" being trampled are the ones doing the trampling

Person. She is a bad person. She is not the leader of gay people. Her actions are in no way indicative of how the majority of gay people act. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that gay people everywhere were pissed about what she'd done before it came to light she had lied. Get it out of your head that gay people are all that different. They are not. They just like fishing for a different kind of trout than us straighties. All they really want is a fishing license. That's not so scary an agenda.

I didn't say she was the "whole group"; I stated that people who tend to be the most vocal about such issues also tend to be the ones trampling on others, and often, inventing situations to make themselves look victimized. That applies to any number of people, from any number of groups. The people I have known who were homosexual didn't behave like that; they actually never discussed any "rights" at all, and simply were what they were. It's the fanatics in any group that cause problems for the rest.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Just a point.... All the people I have meet who are homophobes also don't seem to like anyone who are different.

People get killed for being different all the time. So I believe concentrating on a single group is the epitome of ignorance.

It is a form of self entitlement.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

FlyersFan

mikeone718
Not surprising considering the gay agenda we're all forced to live with these days.

This isn't a 'gay agenda' thing. It's a 'serial liar' thing.
She lied about her military record. She lied about being in combat.
She lied about being blown up by a road side bomb.
SHe lied about being the sole survivor of her unit that got wiped out in combat.
She lied about being pregnant. SHe lied about the baby dying from cancer.
She lied about herself having cancer.

She lies to get sympathy and attention.
MORE
edit on 11/28/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

Oh, she's a drama king...ok, got it now.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If people have not kept up with the story, this is one of those "and NOW you know the REST of the story".

Her old friends, work aquaintances, and even a doctor, have come out of the woodwork to relate stories about sweet Dayna and her past, riddled with lies. She has scammed, conned, and stolen her way through life, so it seems.

The stories start with how she told people she had brain cancer, and shaved her head, pretending she had chemotherapy. Coworkers took her wigshopping, and one gent gave her his lifesavings to help her in her "last days" after she revealed she only had 3 months to live.

She claimed she was a victim of Superstorm Sandy, a boat had been thrown into the front of her home, destroying it. Again, concerned coworkers went to her aid to only find minor carpet damage at the front door, nothing more.

She presented her little brother as her child. Another lie, claiming she had needs.

The list of lies and deceptions goes on and on. Read the article, and even the comments, as more and more people come forward, even an ex-lover who kept hand written poems, who claims her writing is eerily similar to that on the check.

www.lohud.com...

edit on 30-11-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Looks like she didn't even donate the money to Wounded Warriors like she claimed she would....Source

The alleged incident made national headlines and resulted in thousands of dollars being donated to Morales, who said she would send all proceeds to the Wounded Warrior Project. But a representative of the Florida-based charity could not confirm Morales had made any donations as of Wednesday,

A representative for the nonprofit group that caters to veterans returning from overseas checked for donations by Morales’ name and within the ZIP codes for Bridgewater, N.J., where she worked, and Bedminster, where Morales said she lives, and was unable to locate any correlating donations. The donations may have been made from a different ZIP code or by a third-party, the representative told the website.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Lesbian waitress accused of anti-gay note hoax finally refunds 'gullible' well-wishers who gave her thousands of dollars

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... ve-thousands-dollars.html#ixzz2mnqw1Lav
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

You didn't do the gay and lesbian community any favors honey, what a horrible human being, now this takes nerve.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

chiefsmom
Making up stories to make people sympathetic and/or cause more hate.
Hmmm.
Where have we seen that before?

I'm really glad the couple came forward, and proved this wrong. We don't need anymore hate being spread.

First off.. if you're going to see it as "attention grabbing" why would you bother propagating criticism (or hate..) against the story that is telling of the "attention grabbing"..?

Second off..

AMEN

It seems whoever can scream the loudest and the longest receives headlines today unless you belong to a minority group (NOT RACE) than all you have to do is act hurt and start crying... the press will take it from there.

Is this even remotely true..? who screams the longest and loudest really?? the people who are actually in need yeah..? well do we see those people getting the aid they need..?? I mean, it's been 70 years of raising money to "cure cancer" and every other disease out there.. are we almost there yet??
furthermore, since man is "obviously" full of sin and Ill-will (only to be cured by Christ the superhero) then.. where's God in helping these people..??

I never understood why this news article came out in the first place?

Just like the starving children in Africa and the cameraman filming the starving children all the while the spokesperson then asking for your money

I almost want to agree with you here, but then I must ask the question: if you actually feel that way, why would you write the thread in the first place..?

Just like the Christians that do missionary trips all around the world, preaching a philosophy of supposed "selflessness" and Good-Will, but fail to leave much in the way of REAL help, besides leaving a bible in everyone's hand, and a church in every poverty-ridden town..

am I missing anything here..?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by HyphenSt1

In my opinion, yes, you are missing a lot.

Kind of derailing the thread, but, if you believe that is all Christian missionaries.do, I feel so sorry for you.

On topic, I won't call it a cry for attention as much as I will accuse her of attempting to perpetrate a scam. She opened the Paypal account the same day she posted the story with the receipt pic.

Her refunding the money donated through Paypal is likely not due to her magical "awakening" of her miserable ways of lying and cheating, as she has made no statement and refusing calls from reporters, but instead a fleeting attempt to avoid prosecution for a crime.

Too bad she likely won't be refunded the cash money that people walked up and handed her in person as "donations". That will likely go unreported for taxes as well as unrefunded.

Obvious scammer is obvious.

edit on 10-12-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join