It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Family says they tipped gay waitress, didn't leave note about 'lifestyle'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
In an age of big brother technology couldn't the couple ask to see the video, there has got to be video of the restaurant?

I would, if I was being slandered like that. Someone wrote it for sure but who? it could have been the waitress but it could have been a coworker who thought it would be a fun joke or because they disagree with her lifestyle. I think it is her though.

Also the waitress is bad for business most assuredly driving customers away by making such a fuss, big deal not everyone likes gays and like or not they are entitled to their opinions, she should be fired.

They should look at the tape find out for sure and sue if it is the waitress.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

She didn't do it for 18 bucks, she did it for 3k.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Fraudfinder

My grandfather was gay, married to my grandmother because he wanted children. But he was getting lucky, and this was from 1940-1979. He felt free enough to walk around the Catholic community dressed as a woman. He never was beaten or turned down for a job.

But not once did I hear him talk about being oppressed for being gay. The whole issue today of gay rights, and I will say again that the gay community is not being honest about this, is that the gay marriage issue has been fronted and promoted by NAMBLA, and again this fact will be argued with by the very people who know it is true.

And you know, lesbians have a joke "The preferred lesbian vehicle is a U-Haul". Why is that? Why did they make that joke? Is it because they are oppressed or that long term relationships are more difficult in the gay community? Well bully for gays if they can achieve long term relationships, but they are demanding the privilege of marriage, not a right.

That's the whole issue, that marriage is a privilege in this country, even for heterosexual couples. When you have to get a license, then it is a privilege. Co-habitation does not require a license, but is that a right? Do people have the right to co-habitate?

And gay couples who do not make wills, then why did they not take care of that one provision for the one they say they love? Gay people have been living together for a very long time, nothing has changed in that. But if someone is so careless about not making a will to include the one they love, then perhaps they didn't feel it was going to be long term?

People will money to pets and the argument is that it isn't honored for a life partner? That should have been taken care of, if the expectation was for long term.

These are the issues, wills, long term relationships, insurance, and tax rates. Did you know heterosexual married people pay more taxes than those simply co-habitating? Let's bring equal rights in and make gay couples pay the same tax rate, that sounds fair enough.

But what about the Down Low men with wives...and for the Down Low women with husbands, those aren't concerned with long term relationships at all, the same with heterosexuals. Gay people want the privilege of marriage, then let them, but at the same time they should be expected then to pay the same tax rates, pay the same for insurance and make wills, which they should have been doing in the first place, if they were really honest about their long term commitment.

Oppressed? No, just gay-baiting. And the woman who did this, was gay-baiting, nothing more. She was simply trying to garner more sympathy to get money for her U-Haul.

My grandfather who was gay, never mentioned oppression or the desire for privileges, he was just happy to get lucky. So it seems to me that the issues really aren't about equal rights, but the privilege to get stuck in a marriage. And as long as gay couples have been co-habitating, why haven't they drawn contracts to deal with what would happen if one of them dies? That's usually the first thing heterosexual men do for their women. But for the gays, they think of it last, then cry when there is no will. Make the will if you are really honest, if not, don't cry for privileges. That's the way I see it and don't think WarminIndy is homophobic, I loved my grandfather.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
From the evidence presented by the couple in question here, it's difficult to come to any conclusion other than that the whole incident was a hoax designed to garner sympathy and, of course, money.

That being said, and hopefully accepted by all, the idea that a person's sexual orientation should for any reason be a cause of concern is ridiculous. The state I live in recently had a motion in place to legalize gay marriage, and without exaggerating I can say that on the way to work every day I personally witnessed scores of people standing on the side of the road waving huge, expensive signs in protest of the proposed law.

Maybe it's me, but I just don't get it. I could not possibly care less if gay people want to marry. It means nothing to me, and I can not understand why someone would spend their day in the hot sun protesting against it. Just seems to be one of those wedge issues designed to keep us apart that leads to absurd stories like this.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Helious

intrepid
reply to post by Helious

Actually you may have proved the opposite. Look at the stub that says the total with tip is $111.55. Then look below on the same stub. Computer print says $93.55.

The computer print out below the signature area can not reflect the total amount after tip, only the amount before hand as the tip is entered separately when the check is closed. Until the check is finalized in the POS the slip that the customer signs is only a preauthorization and could not under any circumstances show the final amount including tip, the POS system provides a different receipt upon the closing of the check that in most restaurants is stapled to the check that has the customers signature.

For the customer, the only place the tip shows up as hard proof it has been entered is their credit card statement which in this case has been reviewed and has been shown to have the full amount of the bill + the tip added which is concrete proof that either the server or manager entered the tip when they closed the check.

It's the ONE thing on ATS I really am an expert on lol! I have worked at 18 different restaurants and have intimate knowledge operating and managing no less than a dozen different POS systems!
edit on 26-11-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

yup, they bring the print out bill and you fill it in, they cash you out and give you the full total receipt.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

mikeone718
Not surprising considering the gay agenda we're all forced to live with these days.

Then maybe straight people should stop having gay children.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

charles1952
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Dear DeadSeraph,

I, too, am a sinner. At least in purgatory there is still hope. (Yeah, I look at miini-profiles.) I'm debating whether to stay in rant mode. Haven't decided. We'll see how it plays out.

As I wrote, I have no knowledge of what happens in the big cities, and I'm not aware of it in my little town. Obviously, I have an abundance of ignorance. As far as other countries go, we are frequently, and on ATS daily, told that we are not the policemen of the world, and we should respect other countries' cultures. So for the purposes of this thread, I don't care what other countries are doing.

Besides, Christians aren't faring so well around the world either. Neither Christians or gays are getting lynched in the US.

Looking at ATS in particular, and the US in general, is a little more up my alley. Glaring double standards on ATS, with the Christians taking the hit. OK, we can put that behind us. Except, and this bleeds into the US as a whole, what effect are these double standards having?

Are the actions of the Federal and State governments designed more to protect the individual who is gay, or the individual who is Christian? Forget for a moment all of the historical stuff which declares we should return the US to the Natives, and the Natives should return it to the Europeans who crossed the Bering Strait. We're facing a problem today.

I'm trying to put myself in the shoes of both individuals, gay and straight (or Christian, your call). I assume the gay says "we don't have everything we should have. It's not fair, and we'll do whatever we can to get it." Makes sense, and I can see it.

The straight says "The curriculum in our schools have changed, the laws are being written to give protections to the gays which we don't have, they parade in a fashion which is gross at best, obscene at worst, and if we say anything we're called names, fired, or sued."

How do the attacks on Chick-fil-A (including spray paint vandalism), the shooting at the Family Research offices, suing bakeries, etc., and finally, double standards, affect the straight? Isn't it possible, heck it is, a reaction to what Christians see as an overaggressive assault?

It's wrong to minimize the issues facing the gay community. However I'd say it's equally reprehensible for people to support the hatred of Christians because of those issues.
Rather than comment at length, I'd say your use of the word "equally," might be unfortunate. Supporting hatred of a group? Isn't that the problem?

Well, it looks as though I stayed in rant mode. Your polite and thoughtful post didn't deserve such. If we want to find a solution, Christian individuals should learn some respect for individuals. What appears to be a very noticeable, if not majority group of gays have a different lesson to learn. One which I think is harder, and which they don't seem to want to learn.

If the steam I vented burned you, I'm deeply sorry. My frustration is placed elsewhere.

With respect,
Charles1952

you rock, charles!

you are so right.

where i live now, it doesn't matter if you are gay, my wife's boss is gay, alot of her/our friends are. they are welcome at our house, anytime, and my wife hosts BBQ's and they all come. not for them, exactly, lol!

i've known gays all my adult life, i'm 60.

we are christian and most of them are, too, some are other, like buddhist or tao.
i know of no christian, that would ever write something like that.

even in the states, back in the day. how would one know?
i call BS on that claim of "no tip, because..."

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Fraudfinder

She fabricated the note to get attention and then then to avoid a possible criminal charge of fraud for receiving any monetary gain out of it, donated the money to a worthwhile charity( Wounded Warriors Project). She's slime. Its like being black and burning a cross in your own yard or being jewish and spray painting a swastika on your synagogue. Or a white kid ditching school and saying a black man abducted you. All of that's been done. The black waitress in Tennessee pulled the same scam, she wrote a racist note and cashed in all because she was miffed at not receiving a tip.
Another scam that will be pulled this season is the fake theft of family Christmas gifts and the families sob story and plea for help from the community.
You have to come down hard on these con artists, both criminally and in the court of public opinion.
There's another case that doesn't pass the smell test, a gay man who's running for public office and some mysterious anti gay posters showed up that he was very quick to exploit to gain public sympathy.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
They are oppressed the same way modern blacks are oppressed ...in their own mind.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

tmeister182
They are oppressed the same way modern blacks are oppressed ...in their own mind.

They must be paranormal, they made their mind make whole set of physical attacks and provocation against them!

en.wikipedia.org...

www.wcadv.org...

Just look at LGBT people in Russia, they must have just imagine all hate and anger against them.

I guess we have imagined as well that they just recently can get married (not everywhere in USA) and get benefits from their partners...

Get real...

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

tmeister182

We are all oppressed. One thing about humans: we love harming each other, even in the most subtle ways.

Even worse, that people believe they are able to control others. This belief causes so many dumb/bad laws which further oppress us.

But as it relates to gay people....there are institutions which have great power that spend enormous amounts of time/resources to with hold basic rights from homosexuals. The religion whose founder chose to hang around with the worst of his contemporary society seems to be the religion that most likes to find ways to oppress gay people.

Until my son can have a mate and fully share in all the benefits/penalties that my wife and I share, gay people are oppressed.

Find institutions that are committed to with holding rights from black people (especially while recieving non profit status), and your dumb one line post has merits. Otherwise...its just dumb.

(post by LiberLegit removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LiberLegit

You made an excellent point, homosexuality is still technically deviant behavior.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

LiberLegit
I love watching everyone go out of their way to show how tolerant they are in topics like these. Being gay is just legally recognized sexual degeneracy. People are angry and frustrated with their perverse needs, so they make up stories like these to gain sympathy. This post will probably get sacked by mods as "hate speech" but i'm just being honest, and for some reason posts against ATS status-quo or differing opinions aren't welcome so much here anymore.

If you are being honest, then you are being honestly hateful.

By the way, masturbating is degeneracy. See you in hell.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Besides, Christians aren't faring so well around the world either

No they aren't, and it is high time that we have one-anothers backs, because there will come a day when the bottom is going to fall out of all freedom, freedom to worship, and freedom not to worship, all those progressive freedoms including gay rights, freedom to be pagan, wiccan, Buddhist.

Either we all stand together, or we are all going to fall together.

Making war on Christians, is just as bad as making war on atheist.

Because the new powers that be wont like either one.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
My biggest worry about legal legitimacy to gay unions is that they want to use the word "marriage" for it. I have two big objections to it.

My first is just language based. I believe that words have meaning, and that we shouldn't just arbitrarily redefine them especially when marriage has always centered around some male/female arrangement and been understood to mean the contract between them for the begetting and rearing of children made to try to ensure a secure and stable family for the rearing of those youngsters which is why societies generally encourage marriages (not to put some kind of stamp of approval on anyone's love). Well-adjusted children, after all, are the future of any society. Gay unions cannot produce children. They should have their own term (or terms if lesbians and gay men want to differentiate). English is a rich and varied language. There is plenty of room for one or two new words to describe these two unions.

My second objection is my worry that if the word marry is used the gay lobby will keep pushing until they attempt to use the courts to force every church in the nation to both perform and recognize gay marriages and to stop preaching the gospels as written. I have no problem with churches that freely choose to do these things, but as we have seen with the rash of lawsuits aimed at businesses that have refused to participate in gay ceremonies, I don't think they will stop with some churches who decide to acknowledge gay marriages. They'll go for all. Pretty soon, we'll have a Constitutional crisis between the 1st and 14th amendments, and no matter how that case ends up, everyone will lose in the end - both gays and straights.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

The Slippery Slope is a recognized informal fallacy.

And words have meaning, but only the meaning that the person hearing them ascribes to them.

Our first mistake as a nation was to allow the Church to monopolize civil unions. Separation of church and state, indeed!

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I have no problem with the government recognizing civil unions. I wish that was all it did. A lot of people call that a marriage, and I'm fine with that.

If you want more than just legal recognition, then you go for the spiritual aspect. There are religious groups that freely recognize same sex unions, even some Christian denoms, and I'm fine with that, too.

All of this is freedom at work. That's what it's all about, or what it's supposed to be all about.

However, if you go that route. It means there will still be some religions and some denoms that will not recognize same sex unions. If I'm fine with the ones who do, homosexuals should also tolerate the ones who do not. Live and let live, right?

Somehow, their behavior over business owners who will serve them freely right up until being asked to participate in a ceremony they don't believe in and believe violates their conscience leads me to believe otherwise.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I totally agree with you. I tended bar for a few years while in college....and there were some very fun, interesting, intelligent and otherwise wonderful and fascinating individuals that I met while working in a bar.

There were also some people that made my stomach turn and it had nothing to do with their looks or odor, etc. Just watching them come through the door into the bar gave me that feeling (mostly "regulars") of doom when you realize that you will have to spend the next few hours serving one of the world's biggest douchebags and his mini-me douchebag friends. It sucks , but like you said, if you can't deal with it then you should find another line of work. That is not to say that racist,sexist,homophobic (and if you're a homophobe so be it but why be cruel or rude to gays when it is unprovoked and absolutely unnecessary?) and other behaviors are decent, however, in a restaurant,bar, or really any line of customer service you will be exposed to a very large cross section of the world. I have heard and seen many,many, too many to count , acts of savage stupid bullying (I would say infantile but that's an insult to babies) much worse than this stupid made up note.

I am going to go ahead and assume that this employee has at one time or another had to attend high school
or even junior high. If the skin hasn't thickened enough to brush off this sort of thing (comparatively mild IMO to other acts that most homosexuals will inevitably be exposed to at one time or another) than this person is unimaginably self deluded and is in some way so isolated from actual human contact that IF this incident happened and THIS was the reaction------I fear for their mental health, because the real world and everything in it is going to be much more horrible and disturbing and their mind is going to shatter into a million little pieces. I WISH that I could have a life so unencumbered by a-holes that I could fathom the possibility of even ENTERTAINING the idea that this is in any way newsworthy , relevant, or of interest. But it didn't even happen, which makes this story even worse. I mean, if you are going to perpetrate this fraud for your attention whore narcissism or whatever......and this is what you come up with.....

I mean....WOW.......

Just re-read the thread and didn't realize she set up a Paypal acct. until after my post....OMG!!!
This is officially the DUMBEST OF THE FREAKING DUMB. IT DOES NOT GET DUMBER. (But that's what I thought a few minutes ago--so never say never. Siiiiiiiiigh.
edit on 27-11-2013 by bangoli because: TO ADD

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Ive worked at a bar, in Canada and I can say for sure that this story seems very strange for the following reason:

In Canada when you pay for your bill with a credit card the diners get the option to insert a tip, and right after the waiter/waitress gets the bill and is able to check it right away

All the servers I know, are aware, a lot of times before the group even leaves what their tip was. So therefore there is no way that if the diners copy are proven without a doubt to be true that she is not lying because she would have known that they paid a tip right off the bat.

In other words there is no way she can claim innocence like she did in the video, "That's not my hand writing, i dont know!"

Unless of course you guys do things different in the states.

Also it was made apparent in the video that the diners heard her name to be Dan, and not Dana and by accident called her that, that gives pretty good motive for her to stage this whole event

Now many people could say, "Ya well they should have known she was a girl and that her name was obviously not Dan."

But I would like to make clear that that her appearance does seem to be more sided with her alternative lifestyle. There is nothing wrong with that but what it could do to a persons mentality is this:

"Maybe this woman prefers to be called Dan."

Perhaps they were just being mindful of this persons life choice, and in fact doing the opposite of what the server thought they were doing (even if it did come off wrong). Ive been there before.

And based on everything ive seen, I would argue that this seems like a more viable series of events.

Also if you study body language, take a look at hers in the video when she denies it, it tells a lot.

Therefore if we assume that this version of events is more accurate, then the true source of the problem was a lack of openness on the part of the server.

I was a bouncer at a very popular bar in Toronto, and if that happened to any of the servers I worked with, first they would ask the people about it and try to clear up the problem.

And if it turned out to truly be some sort of sexist, racist, rude or ignorant behavior, well that's when I would get involved

I realize she probably didnt have any bouncer there to support her, but that is what managers are for as well.

On a final note, the guy who said that you dont bring home problems in and dont bring work problems out, he is right, that's the way the industry works.

Everyone Ive worked with, including myself, has experienced being put down or oppressed in some way at work (and trust me bouncers get the best of it). Fact is that you work in a place of which there are tons of new people coming in with new opinions, states of mind, and attitudes. That doesnt mean that you should just sit there and take it like a pushover, but it also doesnt mean you make your whole life about the fact that you are a victim.

If any of my facts are wrong please feel free to correct me.

edit on 27-11-2013 by tankthinker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join