It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrecy still shrouds Sandy Hook investigation!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

A prosecutor is planning to release a report Monday on the investigation into the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School, but the public will have to wait longer for the state police's full accounting of the crime.

Dan Klau, a Hartford attorney who specializes in First Amendment law, said the decision to release a summary report before the full evidence file is a reversal of standard practice and one of the most unusual elements of an investigation marked by secrecy.

usa today

This is unbelievable, there is no good reason why we still don't have access to the full investigation. Since when does privacy concerns trump standard operating procedure? Let me ask you a question, should we not release future investigations of the homicides of juveniles or is it just this particular case? Aren't we outraged with every child's demise, not just the ones in this case? Is it possible to want all the info to this event, without being called a conspiracy nut? I'm a parent to two children (10, and 7), god forbid something like this were to ever happen to them, but if it did I sure as hell wouldn't be trying to conceal a full investigation.

Conspiracy theorist's, and privacy of families are being used as a massive smoke screen to set a new precedent never seen before in this country.
edit on 25-11-2013 by jaws1975 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2013 by jaws1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I say they should just lay it all out and let people come up with their own ideas about what happened. Either way you will still have people who see a conspiracy in it. And if somebody is harassing the family, can't they file harassment charges against the culprit?

Peace
edit on 25-11-2013 by jam321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

I totally agree! There have been so many incidents involving children and even other loved ones published in the news that would negatively affect the family members it's not funny. So why is this case soooo different?

What exactly have they found(or not found) that needs to be kept so secretive? Maybe if the actions of the (supposed)parents on the day of the shooting hadn't been so strange, or the "agents" hadn't been in the woods, people wouldn't be as curious. Since these things(among many others) did happen we need answers not coverup.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I will ask that discussion on this stays within the scope of the news story, if we do than there is a good chance this thread will stay open.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I believe as long as the discussion does not degenerate into personal fighting among the members nor into attacking or denigrating any of the family members affected, according to Springer's post on the topic, this thread should be OK.

Discussion of the facts of the event (or in this case the lack thereof), the handling of the event by the various authorities and the coverage of the event by the MSM are all topics that I believe would be allowed as long as we avoid the 2 things mentioned above.

Just my $.02 based on a reading of Springer's post...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

While the gunman took his own life and authorities are not contemplating any prosecutions, the lead investigator, State's Attorney Stephen Sedensky III, has gone to court to fight the release of 911 tapes, consulted privately with victims' families on what might be included in the report and resisted calls from Connecticut's governor to divulge more information sooner.

Consulted privately with victim's families on what might be included in the report?!?
What is that all about, is that really how a State's Attorney is supposed to conduct an investigation?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

It's a near unique situation for victims, scene and sheer nature of the event.

It doesn't surprise me to see and hear some unusual procedures being followed, for some of this. Consulting with families on a thing like this, to what is handed to the meat grinder of MSM and public opinion, seems the least they can do after how badly they screwed this up in initial handling from the get-go. At least the families won't feel they got hammered a second time, we hope.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

+24 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Defuse, delay, deny, is this why people interested in the case say what de _____?
Did you notice the 1 year moratorium on video and audio recordings as well?
Never heard of that.
What bothers me is how Adam Lanza is pronounced guilty of mass murder with no trial and no evidence presented to the public. The word of the authorities is believed sufficient. It isn't for me. We can't have our legal system overhauled and modified for the sake of a single incident. It only adds to the bad feelings all around.
The police report will be out ......whenever, some day, when unicorns poop rainbows and Israel and Palestine join together dancing in the streets, maybe then.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Everything the Police, Sheriff, Highway Patrol or State Attorney does is public information PERIOD. The only time that isn't the case is when it involves an active investigation.

With that said there in NO VALID reason. NONE what so ever that should prevent all and I mean ALL information in the case from being disclosed to the public. Even the pictures on the crime scene. Any thing other than FULL disclosure is a cover up in the truest definition of the word.
edit on 25-11-2013 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
According to the article, Connecticut is scrambling to produce legislation that blocks the release to the public of any information whatsoever that could be considered evidence that any of this actually happened. I find that very telling. Any recordings, photos, autopsy reports, all exempt from FOI requests. All in response to this particular case. They just keep digging themselves deeper.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

With that said there in NO VALID reason. NONE what so ever that should prevent all and I mean ALL information in the case from being disclosed to the public. Even the pictures on the crime scene. Any thing other than FULL disclosure is a cover up in the truest definition of the word.

I'm not aware of any state in the 50 that routinely release crime scene photos, diagrams or other data to the public on sensitive crimes, and specifically, those involving minor children.

Information is routinely blocked and gagged in relation to names and circumstances of underage perpetrators and victims, as well as victims of sexual assault or rape at any age, for many areas.

So, it may be unusual and it absolutely has many people in an uproar, but there is nothing about what CT has done here that sets some staggering new precedent I'm aware of, at least not at this point. It's a VERY high profile case to be playing games, how they have been. However, the end result of a public case file less than complete, is not a new thing by any stretch.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

All states release that info including crime scene photos. Now they may set time frames to extend the release but by law FOI requests on crimes and trials are public information. Only thing to change is time frames of release. They may set a ten year seal on Sandy Hook but ultimately they have to release it to the public.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

jaws1975 Is it possible to want all the info to this event, without being called a conspiracy nut?

Far less possible than it would have been without all the ludicrous conjecture and allegations connected to this story.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

jaws1975
there is no good reason why we still don't have access to the full investigation.

there is no good reason why anyone should have access to the full investigation. Morbid curiosity. Wild conspiracy theories. Bored Arm chair detectives. No one outside of the police and families (victims families and Lanza families) have any need for access to the 'full investigation'.

That's an unpopular thing to say at this site ... but there it is.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

I wish there were some kind of judicial law in place that prevented new laws to be used on cases already open during their installation.

Speaking of secrecy, word has it that even a lot of people in the town itself are suspicious of what's going on.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Here's another article from USA Today with more info from the report:

Sandy Hook Gunman Adam Lanza Acted Alone

ETA - above story was posted by USA Today @ 3:34PM EST. Seems stories about the summary report are still breaking...
edit on 11/25/2013 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't know, it just seem odd that with the Boston bombing we were not spared the gory details of blown off legs an blood stained sidewalks, the perps were paraded out in the media for all to see. Same with Colombine and other mass murders. Something is very strange about SH! Not just the secrecy involved either!

edit on 25-11-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join