It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunning Morning That Makes You Wonder & Something New (To Me)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
It was a clear morning here in the UK (Cheshire) and shortly after the sun came out the sky got pretty busy!

The views were stunning BUT made me wonder if there might be more to 'chemtrails' than I thought ....

These were taken today just after 8am. I'm sure that there are going to be plenty of people for and against but I have to say that to me they are stunning either way
What I did find was fantastic was seeing something that I've never seen before - I'm sure it's just the light/clouds and it's not done justice in this image - it was really bright and looked strange to me - probably because I've never seen anything like it before lol. Almost like a rainbow shrunk right down and turned on it's side

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Normal contrails that caused a prism effect. I've seen it before when driving around the country. You're right though it does make for an interesting morning. You may see some weather through soon.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kellys

They're called sun dogs and they're nothing new, Aristotle wrote about them in 350BC

classics.mit.edu...

www.atoptics.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I can't speak about the "chemtrails" but I saw something similar to you a while back and asked ATS to help me identify it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was the same rainbow turned on it's side sort of thing that is in your pic!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mrthumpy

Thanks

It really was quite beautiful and the picture hasn't caugt it all that well - I didn't think it would be a new discovery lol - it's good to have a name to put to it though.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kellys

I would check your weather forecast. See if there isn't some rain moving through in the next day or two. The contrails are a great indicator of the future weather.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Even if you live right next to a major airport (we're talking Chicago or NYC), THAT amount of contrails/whatever for 8 am is NOT NORMAL.

Check your local airport and find out exactly how many flights leave within a 1/2 window of that time, and where the hell they were going or coming back in from to cause that amount of criss-crossing.

When I was a kid, the sky never looked like that. Ever. And by 'when I was a kid', I mean the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s.
edit on 4004711amMondayf04Mon, 25 Nov 2013 07:04:40 -0600America/Chicago by signalfire because: forgot a decade...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

These 'trails' are nothing new, we have them all the time - we always joke that when the sky is blue that it won't be long before the sky becomes more of a criss cross. The area we live in is well known for having large amounts of these trails.

It's just that today everything looked very pretty and I took a lot of pictures whilst out walking my dog and it got me thinking about what could be going on up there
No rain due for the next five days or so .

edit on 25/11/13 by Kellys because: spelling

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Even if you live right next to a major airport (we're talking Chicago or NYC), THAT amount of contrails/whatever for 8 am is NOT NORMAL.

It's quite normal if the upper atmospheric conditions are conducive to the formation of contrails.

Check your local airport and find out exactly how many flights leave within a 1/2 window of that time, and where the hell they were going or coming back in from to cause that amount of criss-crossing.

Why call a local airport?....those contrails are probably formed from aircraft that left airports all over the world, they just happen to be flying over that part of the UK.

When I was a kid, the sky never looked like that. Ever. And by 'when I was a kid', I mean the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s.

Your a similar age to me, I remember contrails in the sky as a kid on many occasions....as many as we see today?....no....but then there are a hell of a lot more aircraft in the sky than there were 50 years ago.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

You can do that, but it will be a waste of time as those aren't from any planes taking off or landing as they are from overflights.

And the crisscrossing would be from the routes planes fly, as they don't all fly in just one direction.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kellys

Actually, I looked up your weather just after I posted that to see if it was true everywhere, (it is spot on where I live) and I noticed you have two days of FOG predicted. That is heavy wet air, much like precipitation. We don't get fog here often, and it's usually gone when the sun comes up, but I had heard about the odd weather you get in the UK.

If you had two days of sunshine predicted, I would say I was very wrong, but based on the forecast, I think it's still a great indicator.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
We had a beautiful blood red sunset last night with a bunch of purple above it. Anything so beautiful can't hurt us, my wife and I were staring at it out the window last night. Well, maybe I am wrong about it not hurting us
Who cares though, it was a great work of art.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Kellys
reply to post by mrthumpy

Thanks

It really was quite beautiful and the picture hasn't caugt it all that well - I didn't think it would be a new discovery lol - it's good to have a name to put to it though.

Beautiful aren't they. We've been getting a lot of trails over Newcastle too but they're not nearly as persistent as yours so the sky is clear blue (as usual round here )
edit on 25-11-2013 by mrthumpy because: (no reason given)

Keep your eye out for circumzenithal arcs too, my favourite

edit on 25-11-2013 by mrthumpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

network dude
reply to post by Kellys

Actually, I looked up your weather just after I posted that to see if it was true everywhere, (it is spot on where I live) and I noticed you have two days of FOG predicted. That is heavy wet air, much like precipitation. We don't get fog here often, and it's usually gone when the sun comes up, but I had heard about the odd weather you get in the UK.

If you had two days of sunshine predicted, I would say I was very wrong, but based on the forecast, I think it's still a great indicator.

We've got a high stuck over us for a few days ahead but there are various fronts skirting us to the north west.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

signalfire

edit on 4004711amMondayf04Mon, 25 Nov 2013 07:04:40 -0600America/Chicago by signalfire because: forgot a decade...

LOL RLMFAO!!!

Isn't it interesting? You're being told, by those claiming to be scientific, to not to bother investigating or denying ignorance, hmmm?

just drink the koolaid they're serving/ take their word for it

flag[on one of your threads] and a star.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Metaphysique

Yea, all that "science" stuff is so last month. I think the new "point and lie" aspect you seem to engage in is much more productive.

Persistent contrails = weather change. Who would have thought?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Metaphysique

Isn't it interesting? You're being told, by those claiming to be scientific, to not to bother investigating or denying ignorance, hmmm?

And with investigation one finds these trails whether they be contrails or chemtrails as claimed by some are at 30000 feet.

This is where the trails form so an airport wont be an indication of more or less contrails/chemtrails it just means planes are flying overhead at a height high enough where the conditions are right to create the trails, they could be from anywhere but not a nearby airport.

That is what investigation will get you.

You can ring the airport and discover this for yourself, some posters are attempting to be helpful instead of just posting off topic with the two post posted.

(post by Metaphysique removed for a manners violation)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join