It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia State Senator Creigh Deeds in critical condition, son reportedly dead after assault at Va.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

And if there were any mention of gun control you'd be the first one shilling for some kind of false flag theory.

You're not looking for the truth or you wouldn't be spreading a bunch of crap that you have no way of verifying.

You're making a sick game out of the misfortune and suffering of fellow human beings.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MrLimpet

just posting the Wiki link , which by the way has already been updated , so that people can see his position on certain matters and the political and family history.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

The MSM nearly always lies and especially when there are politics involved.

The truth will probably be discerned more from looking in the opposite direction to where the media is pointing.

NOTE:- I'm not American , so have neither political persuasion.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If it's true that Gus Deeds mental health was not good for a few years, that raises questions in my mind. Firearms are not to be left accessible around such people. So who's firearm was used? If Gus owned it and his father knew he was having mental problems, he should have had the firearms removed from his possession. If Creigh owned it and it wasn't secured, that's a problem too. Has there been any reports on the firearm yet? Was it a handgun or rifle? Who is the lead investigators, FBI or VA State Police?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Why is the media saying that no beds were available, when that's not the truth?

3 area hospitals had space for Austin Deeds before attack on father.

The Washington Post reported Wednesday a magistrate issued an emergency custody order for Austin Deeds after he was evaluated by officials at the Rockbridge County Community Services Board. Mary Ann Bergeron, executive director of the Virginia Association of Community Services Boards, told the newspaper the facility called area hospitals to admit the younger Deeds, but couldn't find one.

However, the newspaper reported later Wednesday officials at three hospitals near the Deeds' Bath County home said they had beds available for Austin Deeds. John Beghtol, director of community services at Western State Hospital, a state-run facility, told the Post, "We had beds and we were not called." Rockingham Memorial Hospital spokeswoman Debra Thompson said the hospital had space in its mental health unit Monday evening and would have been able to take the younger Deeds in if he met screening requirements. Mary Kay Campbell, a spokeswoman for the University of Virginia Medical Center in Charlottesville, told the Post the hospital had a bed available for Austin Deeds Monday.

www.upi.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I'll go with entitled rich kid with drug problems who stabs his father for 500 Alex.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Maybe the father had the gun out to stop the son, son stabbed the father took the gun then shot himself?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

ltheghost

Maybe the father had the gun out to stop the son, son stabbed the father took the gun then shot himself?

Yes, that sounds like a good guess. If he knew his son was nuts, it would have been wise to be armed. He should have hidden all the knives.I found something about Gus having lived in Chesterton, IN in 2010. I wonder what that is about? That's close to Chicago!

What is in Chesterton, IN? That is what I want to know!

edit on 20-11-2013 by Mikeultra because: knives

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Interesting quirk of fate:-

Named after Colonel Vergil Ivan Grissom, more commonly known as Gus Grissom, the Grissom Air Reserve Base is located in Indiana. Colonel Guss Grissom lost his life during the Apollo accident in Florida. First established during th...

militarybases.com...

That's the boys nick name isn't it?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

Speculation is hogwash as I can easily come up with dozens of scenarios based on the information released so far, and none of them are likely true.

I mean, what's with the fascination with the kid converting to Islam? Because he spoke Arabic? Perhaps he wanted to work for the State Department? Those who speak fluent Arabic can earn quite a bit more than those who, say, barely speak one language.

Maybe we can start a pool? My money is on a "Janey's got a gun" scenario. I mean, it seems about as likely as "some wealthy white kid from VA suddenly converts to Islam and gets all stabbity."

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I found this article that says the firearm was a rifle. So I think that it was located after the stabbing attack.

The Virginia State Police offered new details Wednesday on the attack. Police said the altercation took place outside the Deeds home. They also disclosed that the sheriff’s office had been called to the home Monday for “a non-emergency call for assistance,” but they would not detail the purpose of the call or confirm that it was to transport Austin Deeds to his psychiatric evaluation. There were no other records of 911 or non-emergency calls to the residence prior to that, police said. In addition, an autopsy by the Office of the Medical Examiner in Roanoke confirmed the gunshot wound was self-inflicted and fired from a rifle.

www.washingtonpost.com... 3-9fe0-fd2ca728e67c_story.html

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Ya know some of you would do well to take a good look at what's important in your life and get your priorities straight. I am beginning to wonder, if there is anything sacred on this site anymore.

This is a tragedy no matter how you look at. A father almost killed and a son who is dead. Does there have to be a conspiracy in everything? Yeah, yeah I know this is a conspiracy website, it doesn't mean you can't still show some respect for the grieving.

The Senator's condition has been upgraded to good which is wonderful news. Still this family has to deal with putting their family back together minus one child.

Who cares what the reason was for his suicide.. Yes, he was depressed, most people whom commit suicide are. He obviously had other mental health issues that were not addressed for whatever reason. It's really none of my business and it's none of yours.

This is not about politics, or religion, let it go...There are no winners only losers in this situation. Some of you need to learn a little respect and drop the comedy hour..

My signature says something it says "The whole point in trying to see through something is to see something else through it." Everything is NOT a conspiracy.

Pax
edit on 11/20/2013 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Pinkorchid

Interesting quirk of fate:-

Named after Colonel Vergil Ivan Grissom, more commonly known as Gus Grissom, the Grissom Air Reserve Base is located in Indiana. Colonel Guss Grissom lost his life during the Apollo accident in Florida. First established during th...

militarybases.com...

That's the boys nick name isn't it?

You think maybe he had some MkUltra training there? Could be! There's a school near Chesterton, IN that he may have been going to. www.valpo.edu... Something happened in Indiana. He moved there in 2010 according to his Facebook page. That was after his father was defeated in the November 2009 election. Politics corrupts the mind. I also found this on Fairfax underground.

Posted by: Gus Deeds () Date: November 03, 2009 01:45PM Maybe Dad should have spent less time campaigning and more time being a good parent. Dad, concede already, I need you! "Gubernatorial candidate Creigh Deeds' 20-year-old son was charged with alcohol possession May 30 for drinking at a party in his native Bath County. Austin Creigh Deeds, a student at the College of William and Mary, has an arraignment set for next Wednesday, and a court date Sept. 9. He faces a maximum penalty of 12 months in jail and a $2,500 fine."

www.fairfaxunderground.com...,266140,266379,quote=1

edit on 20-11-2013 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2013 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

MY deepest sympathies to anyone who losses a child like that.

But hey hold on there , the emotional thought police , who go around telling people they can't talk about 911 nor Sandy Hook or the Boston bombings because we are offending the family.

Need to get a little perspective.

While they never say boo to the blood soaked bodies in Syria , Libya or any of the other countries touted as the enemies of the state.

They jump up and down when anyone dares take a look into any of these public scenarios.

This man and his family were public figures and spent and were formative in the laws of this nation, to which now the U.S people have to abide.

If there is something rotten in Demark the people have a right to know.

The emotional thought police had way too much sway in 911 in my opinion.

Private lives , privacy Public lives , affecting many millions , public information.

Now do you have an objection to the people looking into why JFK was killed or should we back off because of his family?

edit on 20-11-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

I have no problem with anyone looking into anything. My posts was aimed at being respectful while digging. There are several members on here just making one crass cut after another. Regardless of the topic, we can discuss the topic without being catty.

That is all and obvious I wasn't talking to you. So carry on, not trying to stop an investigation into the real deal. But what is the big deal about a young man having some serious mental health issues? That doesn't make him "nuts" that makes him in need of some big help in a very real way.

Thanks,
Pax

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Have you seen a state run mental hospital? If you had, you would not want anyone you know going into one.
Most mental health hospitals are for the criminally insane, or prisoners. Not for some young adult seeking drug and alcohol or treatment for Bipolar illness....It is understandable why they passed that by.

Unfortunately, the parents did not realize the gravity of the situation and they lost their son.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

No problem , just one of my beefs ( emotional thought police) , you hit a sore spot.

Neat change of Avatar by the way.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

paxnatus

Have you seen a state run mental hospital? If you had, you would not want anyone you know going into one.
Most mental health hospitals are for the criminally insane, or prisoners. Not for some young adult seeking drug and alcohol or treatment for Bipolar illness....It is understandable why they passed that by.

Unfortunately, the parents did not realize the gravity of the situation and they lost their son.

What is understandable that who passed by?
No I have not personally observed what a state run mental hospital looks like. The movie, "One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest" was about as much of what I know of them. Are you saying that it's understandable that Gus reacted in the way he did because he was brought somewhere to be checked out?

There definitely was something wrong with him. To stab his father in the face is proof of that. As far as conspiracies go, there's been plenty of other cases where bad things have happened to the children of politicians. So I'm looking to see if I can find anything. From what I've read so far, it looks like this incident is going to be used for the mental health topic. I think it's important to learn if there's been any brainwashing of crazy ideas from radical university professors. Also there's been references to Virginia Tech and what has been done since that regarding mental health in that state.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

0zzymand0s
reply to post by Krakatoa

Speculation is hogwash as I can easily come up with dozens of scenarios based on the information released so far, and none of them are likely true.

I mean, what's with the fascination with the kid converting to Islam? Because he spoke Arabic? Perhaps he wanted to work for the State Department? Those who speak fluent Arabic can earn quite a bit more than those who, say, barely speak one language.

Maybe we can start a pool? My money is on a "Janey's got a gun" scenario. I mean, it seems about as likely as "some wealthy white kid from VA suddenly converts to Islam and gets all stabbity."

Whatever floats your boat dude. Nobody is stopping you from speculating either. If I am incorrect, so...

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Mikeultra
Why is the media saying that no beds were available, when that's not the truth?

3 area hospitals had space for Austin Deeds before attack on father.

The Washington Post reported Wednesday a magistrate issued an emergency custody order for Austin Deeds after he was evaluated by officials at the Rockbridge County Community Services Board. Mary Ann Bergeron, executive director of the Virginia Association of Community Services Boards, told the newspaper the facility called area hospitals to admit the younger Deeds, but couldn't find one.

However, the newspaper reported later Wednesday officials at three hospitals near the Deeds' Bath County home said they had beds available for Austin Deeds. John Beghtol, director of community services at Western State Hospital, a state-run facility, told the Post, "We had beds and we were not called." Rockingham Memorial Hospital spokeswoman Debra Thompson said the hospital had space in its mental health unit Monday evening and would have been able to take the younger Deeds in if he met screening requirements. Mary Kay Campbell, a spokeswoman for the University of Virginia Medical Center in Charlottesville, told the Post the hospital had a bed available for Austin Deeds Monday.

www.upi.com...

Could just be covering their asses

We get that all the time when someone dies outside of emergency - family says hospital turned them away hospital says the people chose to go to another hospital.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join