It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia State Senator Creigh Deeds in critical condition, son reportedly dead after assault at Va.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
And I find it strange that he says he has no religion but salvation is through Christ. Sounds like he has not found what he is looking for in Religion. Asking if he is a convert to Muslim Islam is not a a strange question. Many that covert try to look into religion and find answers. Then they expand out from there if it seems there is something missing. They could go two ways. Toss the New Testament and go backwards to Jewish roots or go forward to Islam the next Bible written.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

O.K. first, you missed the joke. You don't convert to "Muslim". Just like people don't convert to Catholic or convert to Christian. The religion is Islam.

Second, none of the information in the story points to a religious issue. I'm atheist and never stabbed my dad. I also didn't shoot myself either.

What it appears happened is that a spoiled grown up rich kid had daddy issues. Mixed with alcohol and a rebellious mindset of a teenager(even though he was adult). Maybe drugs were involved but one thing's for sure...if you are 20-21 living with parents and aren't in school and don't have job you are a little #. Has nothing to do with religion.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Mikeultra

MrLimpet

Please explain this photo. Who is in the circle? The son?

Yes, that's his son Gus after addressing supporters in 2009.

Link

I read someplace, he is 24 years old. "?"

Will see if I can find the article again.
edit on 19-11-2013 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Going by the reports so far......

SPECULATION #1
The father and son were embroiled in a heated argument over the kids conversion to Islam, and how it would negatively affect his political career (his political rivals linking him directly to those "pesky brown terrorists").

In the heat of the argument, the son grabs a kitchen knife, and stabs the father, as he is now an infidel that must die. After he realizes what he has done, he runs off and grabs a gun (which is likely his father the politician had "secretly stashed" for protection) and shoots himself.

SPECULATION #2
The father and son were embroiled in a heated argument over the kids conversion to Islam, and how it would negatively affect his political career (his political rivals linking him directly to those "pesky brown terrorists").

In the heat of the argument, the son grabs a kitchen knife, and stabs the father, as he is now an infidel that must die. The father runs off and grabs a gun (which is likely he had "secretly stashed" for protection) and shoots the son in self-defense.

The ballistics tests and fingerprints need to be CLOSELY monitored as it could be swayed due to the father's political connections and risks to his senate seat.

Now, this could get very interesting, very quickly as I see it....

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

OrphanApology
reply to post by JBA2848

O.K. first, you missed the joke. You don't convert to "Muslim". Just like people don't convert to Catholic or convert to Christian. The religion is Islam.

Second, none of the information in the story points to a religious issue. I'm atheist and never stabbed my dad. I also didn't shoot myself either.

What it appears happened is that a spoiled grown up rich kid had daddy issues. Mixed with alcohol and a rebellious mindset of a teenager(even though he was adult). Maybe drugs were involved but one thing's for sure...if you are 20-21 living with parents and aren't in school and don't have job you are a little #. Has nothing to do with religion.

I have not seen anything about drugs maybe you can show us where he has been doing drugs. He was busted for underage drink at 20 a few years ago. He goes to a Christian School of some kind and keeps dropping out to campaign for his father. He has numerous Christian Groups that he seems to go on trips with for years. So how does he not have anything to do with religion? And I find it strange with all the Christian schools Christian Groups and so on that he is involved with he has not found a religion?

Austin Gus Deeds is 24.

edit on 19-11-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Very unfortunate. Rest in peace.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by MrLimpet

I suppose it will be some time before we become aware of whether or not this attack was politically motivated, or a personal issue between a member of the Deeds family and the attacker...

Rest in peace.

yeah, we need to have the MSM hurry up and start lying..

that way we can figure out what happened.. time to check out the shouter's website for the scoop

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm surprised no one (in the MSM) has tried to blame this on the "Tea Party" or "Gun nuts" yet. I guess it would be hard in this situation though.

Wonder if there are any SSRI's in the mix here somewhere.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

That's just it, it's personal. Makes sense to me.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Usually stabbings are, at least when the wold made any sense lol. It doesn't make much sense these days, people are just getting crazier it seems.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

I am more than happy to wait. The more complicated the lie (the longer it takes to concoct) the easier it is to spot in my experience. Its like that nonsense with Eliza Lam:

www.usatoday.com...

Took ages for the coroner to come up with an accidental death ruling, and no matter which way you spin the thing, it makes no damned sense what so ever. So I am ok waiting to see what crap comes out about this. It will only make it easier to theorise about, if there are inconsitencies.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This is relatively close to me as well and I know someone who is close to the situation.

The son was taken in for psychiatric examination on Monday (I think) but they couldn't find an open psychiatric bed in western Virginia. This part is in the latest media reports.

edit on 19-11-2013 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

Creigh Deeds’ son had mental-health evaluation Monday

Sen. Creigh Deeds was stabbed multiple times early today at his Bath County home and his son, Gus, is dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. Gus Deeds had been released Monday following a mental health evaluation performed under an emergency custody order, an official said.

At a news conference in Charlottesville, a Virginia State Police spokeswoman said Deeds was stabbed numerous times in the head and torso but was alert and had given statements to authorities. She said Deeds, who was being treated at the University of Virginia Medical Center, had been seriously wounded.

Link to story

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Hmmmm, he was released? Meaning he probably wasn't nuts? Maybe he was enraged over that, would kinda explain the use of a knife then. I would be pretty angry if someone tried to have me committed, angry enough to slice them up? I kinda doubt it, but who knows.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

That may be what set it off?

Who knows what actually happened? They may have gotten into a huge argument over it, which then escalated into a fight and the kid lost it. After realizing what he had done, he took his own life knowing what the consequences of his actions would be. "?"

It's a terrible happening all the way around.
edit on 19-11-2013 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

The damn frustrating part is that if they were looking for a place for him in prison they would most certainly have found a bed.

It's also very disturbing to know someone who is friends with Deeds and then to log on here and see ignorant speculation from people who have no knowledge whatsoever of what happened. It's ghoulish and makes me wonder again why I read this site.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

TKDRL

Hmmmm, he was released? Meaning he probably wasn't nuts? Maybe he was enraged over that, would kinda explain the use of a knife then. I would be pretty angry if someone tried to have me committed, angry enough to slice them up? I kinda doubt it, but who knows.

SPECULATION
Wonder if the senator (his father) was trying to have him committed due to his recent conversion to Islam? Because, a senator cannot have an Islamic supporter and win his next election. But, if he was deemed mentally unstable, that would "explain his conversion"....and he would be out of sight, and could collect sympathies of his constituents in the next election cycle.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Bassago
I'm surprised no one (in the MSM) has tried to blame this on the "Tea Party" or "Gun nuts" yet. I guess it would be hard in this situation though.

Wonder if there are any SSRI's in the mix here somewhere.

They probably would if both had been killed.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Krakatoa

TKDRL

SPECULATION
Wonder if the senator (his father) was trying to have him committed due to his recent conversion to Islam? Because, a senator cannot have an Islamic supporter and win his next election. But, if he was deemed mentally unstable, that would "explain his conversion"....and he would be out of sight, and could collect sympathies of his constituents in the next election cycle.

Yea but then that sounds like a grown child's desperately seeking dads attention by doing something he knows will get it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join