It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly is Obama care

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

I can tell you what it means to me and certain members of my family in real terms now. No pre-existing conditions for a herniated back disc, diabetes, hypertension, and guillian barre syndrome. We lost our family's insurance of 30 years in 2007 when my husband lost his job due to an acute auto immune disease. And we went bankrupt. This is a true story and if it did not happen to you, good.

They wanted us to buy insurance with a high premium but excluding the illnesses we needed treated. Now my daughter, son, and myself can get coverage like any other human.
edit on 19-11-2013 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I just wish when people rip on something then should also point out the positive that is coming out of this.

Not getting insurance because you are sick with X is disgusting behaviour, and people support companies that promote this?

Now the insurance companies have to fight over other companies for your money, which means they will drop their cost.

Its the other way around, you don't have to suck up to their prices but they have to lower their prices to suck up to you.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

luciddream
I just wish when people rip on something then should also point out the positive that is coming out of this.

Not getting insurance because you are sick with X is disgusting behaviour, and people support companies that promote this?

Now the insurance companies have to fight over other companies for your money, which means they will drop their cost.

Its the other way around, you don't have to suck up to their prices but they have to lower their prices to suck up to you.

Except you have to buy insurance.
So why would they lower their prices?

Prices are only going in one direction, and that direction is up.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The recruit has made a valid inquiry, what exactly is 0bamacare?

The Major will enlighten you:

0bamacare is a crap sandwich with a side of bull$heet and a warm piss soda to wash it down with. All the troops except for high command will have to consume said meal, and damn well better clean their plate and beg for seconds. It is the most unpalatable of rations ever forced down the throats of Americans.

The most vile aspect of 0bamacare is that you are meant to live off of it's "nourishment." That is the furthest from the truth.

Dismissed.
edit on 19-11-2013 by Major Discrepancy because: p's and q's

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

beezzer

luciddream
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Yes, it is MY opinion on why people hate Obama care.

The question was, "What IS Obamacare".

c'mon beezzer...you know exactly what it is...it's the name given to the (affordable care act) by republicans, who want the "stupid" in their party to think this is government welfare, rather than an competitive insurance company exchange.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

One thing it is, is the government trying to "help the poor' outside of the normal method of collecting taxes for it. Its the government going into business for itself in the health care field.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Major Discrepancy

Obanacare is a crap sandwich with a side of bull$heet and a warm piss soda to wash it down with. All the troops except for high command will have to consume said meal, and damn well better clean their plate and beg for seconds. It is the most unpalatable of rations ever forced down the throats of Americans.

The most vile aspect of 0bamacare is that you are meant to live off of it's "nourishment." That is the furthest from the truth.

Dismissed.

so, how many people do you want to have no healthcare at all?....just the blacks...or latinos and blacks...or just all the poor....or all that do not have jobs...or how about all the disabled, too young to work, and too old to work.... how about no health insurance for anyone that fits the above descriptions....does that cream your coffee there, major?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

jimmyx

Major Discrepancy

Obanacare is a crap sandwich with a side of bull$heet and a warm piss soda to wash it down with. All the troops except for high command will have to consume said meal, and damn well better clean their plate and beg for seconds. It is the most unpalatable of rations ever forced down the throats of Americans.

Dismissed.

so, how many people do you want to have no healthcare at all?....just the blacks...or latinos and blacks...or just all the poor....or all that do not have jobs...or how about all the disabled, too young to work, and too old to work.... how about no health insurance for anyone that fits the above descriptions....does that cream your coffee there, major?

Jimmy, the tone of your Q isn't really fair simply because Obama care after subsides amounts to your neighbor next door paying for yours and his. It really going to be a feather bed for those that can qualify for substantial subsides. Maybe they will pay 50 or 100 $ a month for the same thing your neighbor has to pay 800$ a month for.....which amounts to a form of slavery.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

jimmyx

Major Discrepancy

Dismissed.

How about, no healthcare for know nothing race pimps!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

jimmyx

The Major sees that a recruit has gotten his panties in a wad. The Major is never one to allow chafing to occur amongst the troops, let the Major provide said recruit with some erudite instruction.

First, among the rank and file, race baiting is an unacceptable offence. The recruit may feel that this type of argument is a force multiplier, but it is not. Race baiting is a crutch for the witless and cognitively impaired, much like profanity.

Second, and more importantly, why is the Major, or any of the recruits liable for someone else's healthcare? Where is the origin of debt? It's not in the Constitution.

If you don't understand the question, and the Major is confident the recruit does not, please review the following instructional video:

Your subsequent posts will be the de facto quiz, try not to fail recruit.

Healthcare has always been available to all, regardless of coverage, despite what may be lazily claimed by the liberal politicians and leftist media. With the implementation of 0bamcare, healthcare coverage is now suspect for millions who previously had it.

Dismissed

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
ØbamasCare was devised as a way to get revenues rolling in to the government through Exchanges or the IRS

the false reason being to help the disadvantaged and medically pressured voters that could not get reasonable health insurance even if they wanted it ...in the free market system

the supposed 40 million previously uninsured were supposed to make the federal government balance sheet look sweet and un-risky so that Treasury bonds would still be bought by the G-20 community of Nations...(even though the Treasury is being supported by the Federal Reserve as the investor-of-last-resort (now some $4 Trillion in the Red)

ØbamasCare was a scheme to make the government balance sheet look attractive
and to Award a 10 year Windfall Profits model for the pharmecuticals & health insurance industry--- who were expected to dump campaign donations into the 'leaders' of the ACA-ØbamasCare rip-off scheme...
and all the Democraps that support & passed the screw-the-taxpayer Act

gotta stop before i get in trouble... thanks

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Let me correct you there, jimmy. Obama himself explicitly accepted and promoted the term 'Obamacare.' He and the Democrat party OWN this thing to the end.

To the OP, I doubt you are going to get a complete answer here. Not necessarily because all replies have a partisan bias, but because it is an extremely complex piece of legislation. To see the various ways it will affect American life, one must first have a thorough understanding of the current healthcare/insurance industry as well as the labyrinthian Federal tax code.

Even in political and medical circles, the full impact has not been widely recognized.

My best attempt to summarize Obamacare:
1. Federal government sets minimum standards for all health insurance plans. These standards are far above what the average person needs, forcing insurance companies to charge higher premiums. They will also have to charge more in order to cover those who were previously considered uninsurable.

2. Federal government imposes a tax/fine on any person/business who/which does not comply and purchase health insurance. This is purportedly to pay for those who sign up and cannot afford to pay anything at all. Interestingly, the law is written so that there is no way for the IRS to confiscate this tax from those who do not participate, other than to withhold it from tax refunds.

3. The numbers simply do not add up. The rising quality, and therefore rising cost, of modern healthcare means that if insurance companies have to pay for every single American they will have to charge monumental premiums to those who can afford it. This will not mean much to the wealthy, but we are talking 50% or more of a middle-class family's income going to health insurance. Those who cannot afford to pay anything will be the ones who benefit because the middle-class and the wealthy will be paying the bill...until the insurance companies stop doing business altogether.

4. As private insurance companies are forced to fold, the people will look to the government for a solution. From here on I will be overtly partisan. I foresee Obama blaming the evil, greedy insurance companies for leaving America hanging. Hillary Clinton will run in 2016 on a platform of replacing Obamacare with what Democrats wanted from the beginning: single-payer healthcare paid for solely with Federal money. Taxpayers' money. HHS secretary Sebellius is quoted in an interview saying a single-payer system would have been preferable, but they just couldn't have convinced the public to go for it at this time. This is where the death panels come in, as the public will not be able to afford enough taxes to pay for every single person to have the optimum healthcare that is available in America today. Some of the architects of Obamacare have spoken about children under 5 and seniors over 65 being unworthy of expensive healthcare, as they have too little to offer to society.

So that's my answer for you. To those who argue that a single-payer system really is best, I must use the cliche of pointing to Canada. Every informed evaluation of the Canadian healthcare system is basically the same: it's great if you get the flu or break your arm; walk right in and they fix you up for free. However if you need surgery or treatment that can be in any way rationalized as not a critical need, you had better get used to waiting. That is, assuming you are not deemed a lost cause.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

and that's how they get you.

Generally speaking, if you were offered a product or an advantage of some sort (the good you take out of it), but in the end, by you accepting it, it would eventually pale in comparison to the negative impacts to the overall big picture...would you still argue that you we should focus on the good, and ignore any collateral damage and repocussions we are ensured to endure?

I don't understand that way of thinking. Impractical and unsustainable. EXACTLY why we are where we are today. =) have a nice day.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'm all for the ACA, it's that dang Obamacare I can't stand.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

Quote:
" Now my daughter, son, and myself can get coverage like any other human. "

Am I to assume you have not gotten coverage yet? And that you don't know how affordable your premiums are going to be?

I hope things work out well for you.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

I am 62 and waiting for medicare. I know no matter the system, I am screwed.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Major Discrepancy

jimmyx

The Major sees that a recruit has gotten his panties in a wad. The Major is never one to allow chafing to occur amongst the troops, let the Major provide said recruit with some erudite instruction.

First, among the rank and file, race baiting is an unacceptable offence. The recruit may feel that this type of argument is a force multiplier, but it is not. Race baiting is a crutch for the witless and cognitively impaired, much like profanity.

Second, and more importantly, why is the Major, or any of the recruits liable for someone else's healthcare? Where is the origin of debt? It's not in the Constitution.

If you don't understand the question, and the Major is confident the recruit does not, please review the following instructional video:

Your subsequent posts will be the de facto quiz, try not to fail recruit.

Healthcare has always been available to all, regardless of coverage, despite what may be lazily claimed by the liberal politicians and leftist media. With the implementation of 0bamcare, healthcare coverage is now suspect for millions who previously had it.

Dismissed

I think you need some obama care

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by OpenMindedRealist

If I were a congressman or senator and someone brought in a 2000+ page bill about ANYTHING and put it on my desk to sign of on, not only would I not read it, but I would also toss it into the trash can and run them out of my office.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Thank You.... Finally somebody asks the question

I have heard so much argument over this, but nobody has managed to explain what the hell Obamacare actually is, without pushing their own politically motivated agenda in the process.

Im starting to think that this whole Obamacare thing was never really meant to work to begin with!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

combatmaster

Thank You.... Finally somebody asks the question

I have heard so much argument over this, but nobody has managed to explain what the hell Obamacare actually is, without pushing their own politically motivated agenda in the process.

Im starting to think that this whole Obamacare thing was never really meant to work to begin with!

I think it is doing exactly what is was designed to do, just not sure what that is. I also would bet that the website was sabotaged by some group. I would think it would be easy to pay off a program design team member.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join