It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nail In Obamacare Coffin - Whitehouse Projected 156 Million More To Lose Insurance Plans

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

abecedarian

That's exactly what it is.

Obama, as I've posted before, has received nearly twice as much from the health-care industry, as donations to his campaigns, than the next closest did.

That, in and of itself is suspect, and in my opinion should be scrutinized under RICO and similar laws.
20 million in one year, donated, by healthcare related industries ought to be raising red flags somewhere.

jimmyx
really?...this plan was the ONLY one acceptable to a small group republicans at the time, that helped it pass into law. it was a heritage think tank (republican) plan, it was modeled after Romney's (republican) Massachusetts plan....this was the only way he could get the right-wing to help out the uninsured....by the mega health-insurance companies making a profit off of people sickness....talk about a red-flag being raised

Time for a refresher.

Zero Republicans voted for PPACA --- *ZERO*

All changes and lobbying resulted in the law we now have.

Democrats are the 100% proud owners.

And I think RomneyCare had some changes made by a Democrat legislature ? (this is a question)

And, when was that decades old "heritage think tank (republican) plan" ever voted on ? Hmmm.

By your thinking, it looks like the Corporatist Democrats swallowed their own bait hook line and sinker

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by jimmyx

So, basically you just displayed how the country was actually setup.
The individual states are allowed to do this, regardless if they are run by Dems or Reps.

The Federal Govt is not supposed to do this crap.

Thanks for proving the issue correct. The 0bama lead Federal Govt can't get it straight.
The States can.

first....the states were ALWAYS allowed to do this....and as far as the federal government site?....the republicans have, and are, doing everything they possibly can, to completely sabotage the ACA, I'm surprised it isn't worse, because of the republican governors acting like a bunch of babies, who don't give a damn about the poor in their states, their motto should be..."got sick, just die"

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

jimmyx
gee, good thing you republicans don't blame insurance companies, because they have nothing to do with this, right?...

by the way, the California exchange is working just fine, so is Kentucky's, so is Washington's, so is Connecticut's, so is Minnesota's...I wonder what could be the reason?...let me see...oh, they all have democratic governors

here's a couple of examples:
www.spokesman.com...
coveredcanews.blogspot.com...

Hmmm.

Warning that the latest ObamaCare "fix" could compel the federal government to bail out insurance companies, Republican senators have introduced a bill to prevent taxpayer funds from being used to prop up the industry.

Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., along with a half-dozen other Republican senators, introduced the "ObamaCare Taxpayer Bailout Prevention Act" on Tuesday. It would strip a provision in the Affordable Care Act pertaining to so-called "risk corridors," which could allow the government to pay insurance companies to offset financial losses.

Rubio calls it a "blank check" for the industry.

"The idea that the federal government should be bailing out insurance companies in order to make ObamaCare work, that's not something a lot of people are aware of," Rubio told Fox News. "And I haven't taken a poll on it, but I guarantee you it would be hugely unpopular."

source

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

So, now it is the fault of the Republicans.

Hmmmm, where did I see this excuse???? www.realclearpolitics.com...

At least we all know where you get your talking points from.

I guess your next retort will be something like "well, you don't have a solution".

The Republicans didn't vote for it. It is all on Dems and 0bama.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

all of the other first world governments have some type of government healthcare. only the most poor and wretched countries don't have it, and America, of course

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

The same 4-5 lame retreaded responses.

You might as well just open a notepad, type the handfull of responses you have and copy and paste them here for your retorts.

Here.

"It is the republicans Fault"

"It is Bush's fault"

"You just want the sick and poor to die"

"Well, you don't have a solution"

"We are the only First World Country without Single Payer"

You don't even have to thank me.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by jimmyx

So, now it is the fault of the Republicans.

Hmmmm, where did I see this excuse???? www.realclearpolitics.com...

At least we all know where you get your talking points from.

I guess your next retort will be something like "well, you don't have a solution".

The Republicans didn't vote for it. It is all on Dems and 0bama.

oh absolutely it's their fault....same as with VA benefits...the republicans are all gung ho for "support our troops when they have to deploy, but, when the vets get back and actually need some help, the republicans give them the finger

www.veteranstoday.com...
www.dailykos.com...#
www.disabledveterans.org...
www.disabledveterans.org...

see a pattern here?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

jimmyx
reply to post by xuenchen

all of the other first world governments have some type of government healthcare. only the most poor and wretched countries don't have it, and America, of course

Well then.

Why oh Why haven't the Corporatist Progressive Democrats been able to offer a valid solution ?

Why have they failed to fix ObamaCare ?

Why have they turned their backs on the public ?

Why do they continue to slap our faces ?

Why do they lie ?

They had control of Congress from 2007 thru 2010, and control of Congress and the Executive Branch from 2009 thru 2010.

Why did they fail to help you ?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Here.

"It is Bush's fault"

Please chose for this topic.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Too bad the VA has been run by Federal Employees that are for the most part Dems & Progressives.

But, you go ahead and blame the Reps on their piss poor service, terrible management and everything else on not having a certain amount of funding.

Like every Dems/Progressive, the issue has to be the lack of Money going to the Govt agency not performing well.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by jimmyx

The same 4-5 lame retreaded responses.

You might as well just open a notepad, type the handfull of responses you have and copy and paste them here for your retorts.

Here.

"It is Bush's fault"

You don't even have to thank me.

well, if the shoes fits....except for (bush's fault) , he was sharp as a marble intellectually. my son, who was in high school at the time used to make fun of bush's logic, and critical-thinking skills. I remember my son saying "he wouldn't last long in an AP class"

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by jimmyx

Too bad the VA has been run by Federal Employees that are for the most part Dems & Progressives.

But, you go ahead and blame the Reps on their piss poor service, terrible management and everything else on not having a certain amount of funding.

Like every Dems/Progressive, the issue has to be the lack of Money going to the Govt agency not performing well.

i'll run with your logic.....let's see... hundreds of thousands more vets, cost of livng going up....yeah...we need to cut back on all that VA money because there is just too much wasteful spending.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I will give you credit. At least you own your process.

Kudos.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Too much wasteful spending is the motto of the Govt. It doesn't stop there.

Again, at least you admit the only way to solve a problem, is for the Govt to spend more money. On top of what they already piss away.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

jimmyx
gee, good thing you republicans don't blame insurance companies, because they have nothing to do with this, right?...
by the way, the California exchange is working just fine, so is Kentucky's, so is Washington's, so is Connecticut's, so is Minnesota's...I wonder what could be the reason?...let me see...oh, they all have democratic governors

here's a couple of examples:
www.spokesman.com...
coveredcanews.blogspot.com...

So, you're Happy that you are paying Higher Premiums on the average of 24% to 27% on California.
Thank your Democrat Governor for That!
www.forbes.com... -of-24/

While you're at it, I understand California has Another City getting ready to File for their Second Federal Bankruptcy, how many cities in California now have filed or looked at filing?
www.fresnobee.com...
I'm sure your citizens can Really Afford a 24% increase in Healthcare Premiums.
Yes, you can Thank your Democratic Leaders.
Three California Cities went Bankrupt by July of 2013, Gee, that's after Bush and during Obamas Recovery,,,,and now you have Desert Hot Springs California. So that's Four.
Take Government Out Of Healthcare, Period!

edit on 20-11-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by jimmyx

Kudos.

look, I worked hard all my life, paid my taxes, paid off my mortgage, and saved up enough for retirement by being cheap all my life, and putting up with a lot of crap. I never took a dime in disability, food stamps, or welfare. so the bastards that use the system to cheat, I want to see them put in jail. however, there are millions of honest hard-working poor people, or lower middle-class, who work in low wage, part-time jobs, that need help and ideas from both parties on how to improve and get ahead. I play golf with a long-time republican friend of mine and we argue politics all the time, but, there have been agreements between both of us, on how to keep America going in the right direction...iI'll give you an example...Clintons NAFTA and GATT trade agreements killed so many jobs here in the states, that I was more upset about that, than him getting uhmm...pleasured in the white house by Monica.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

jimmyx

macman
reply to post by jimmyx

Kudos.

double post

edit on 20-11-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

It seems that states do better work than the Federal government after all, that is the way is supposed to be, no the other way around.

I apologize for my posts, "grammar" before somebody else bash me for my language, my spell check is playing games with me, but is fun anyway.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Yes they do, you are right about that, but none of them, none, have something like ACA, completely run by private interest insurance companies, the government only part of it is that they made it into law that nobody can be deny and that hard working tax payers Americans belong to the private insurance companies as milking cows under the law.

ACA is unique to America.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

look, I worked hard all my life, paid my taxes, paid off my mortgage, and saved up enough for retirement by being cheap all my life, and putting up with a lot of crap. I never took a dime in disability, food stamps, or welfare. so the bastards that use the system to cheat, I want to see them put in jail. however, there are millions of honest hard-working poor people, or lower middle-class, who work in low wage, part-time jobs, that need help and ideas from both parties on how to improve and get ahead. I play golf with a long-time republican friend of mine and we argue politics all the time, but, there have been agreements between both of us, on how to keep America going in the right direction...iI'll give you an example...Clintons NAFTA and GATT trade agreements killed so many jobs here in the states, that I was more upset about that, than him getting uhmm...pleasured in the white house by Monica.

My hat is off to you!
This is a post that I can't find any disagreement with.
Very good!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join