It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nail In Obamacare Coffin - Whitehouse Projected 156 Million More To Lose Insurance Plans

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

guohua

gariac
reply to post by guohua

Hint: the past is the past. It is different from the future or the present. We will try this again.

In the PAST, were insurance rates rising or falling.?

Hint: the answer is one of the two words: [rising, falling]

Is English even your Native Language? You can read English can't you?
It's not mine and I understand my answers of 2007 through 2009 is pas-tense.
If you'd like me to translate this to Mandarin Chinese for you or Vietnamese I can.
I just have to believe you're so very young or a Obama Supporter who can't see the Truth.
You didn't answer my question, but then you can't with out telling untruths like Obama, That's Known as LIES!

Some advice,,, don't buy the Obama Swampland like you bought into ACA.
Now, I'm done with you, I've proved you to be misleading, get a hold of your supervisor there in Obamas basement and tell him or her that you need some new talking points for Obamacare because people are just to Smart in the Real World.
edit on 20-11-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

The answer is binary. There are two choices.

In the past, have insurance rates increased or decreased.

It is pretty obvious you don't want to answer the question. Thanks for playing.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
After the government finishes raping health care plans....

They will start raping 401k plans.

I think they like to rape us....

Blazing Saddles
edit on 20-11-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

We already were raped during the bailouts to the banks, now they want our souls by mandate AKA taxes under the no so affordable health care reform.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

elouina

Considering the huge expense of the new Obamacare plans, this just may happen. Just like millions of Americans are choosing to opt out, the employers may decide to also by paying a fine. You see they also have to pay an Obamacare fee for each employee on top of the increased insurance costs.

It will be too much for a lot of small businesses to handle unfortunately. Its going to be hard enough on the big corporations. Which is why they said most companies are planning on taking their full time employees down to part time. Granted they approved it to be postponed a little while, but at this point when people have already taken a beating and are waiting for the other shoe to fall... this is one heck of a big shoe.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I'm a little confused.

If 156 million are loosing coverage, that's 1/2 the population, give or take.
And this ACABS was enacted to give some 40 million coverage?

/me does some math....
So nearly 1/2 the population was sacrificed for the benefit of 1/6 the population?

The needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many... apparently.
And let's forget the fact the few were already covered under existing programs.

Democratic Democrats are far removed from their namesake.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
More on how insurance premiums are increasing sharply under the ACA and will keep increasing for now on, no just "temporarily".

Is no longer "if" or "how" is already happening and people all over the nation are feeling the pinch that will come to their pockets due to mandatory slavery to private insurance soon to become the biggest monopoly in the nation, in America no even the Market Crash of 2008 stop the corruption in Wall Street from the financial institutions, our government just forced the tax payer to pay for the bailouts, because in America is a corporate dictatorship that runs the nation and help themselves to laws to protect them including ACA.

ACA is not going to make insurance affordable for the targeted class that they are to gouge, the able and healthy tax payer class.

Health Insurers Raise Some Rates by Double Digits

Health insurance companies across the country are seeking and winning double-digit increases in premiums for some customers, even though one of the biggest objectives of the Obama administration’s health care law was to stem the rapid rise in insurance costs for consumers.

www.nytimes.com...

Heath care cost were not increasing much before the ACA

Health Insurers Threaten To Increase Premiums, Even As Profits Soar,

Some of the nation’s largest health insurance companies are warning investors that they’ll raise insurance premiums by as much as 116 percent next year, as the coverage expansion provisions in the Affordable Care Act go into effect and millions of uninsured Americans begin purchasing coverage.

The threats of premium increases come as the industry is experiencing record profits and are part of a well-coordinated publicity campaign to alarm Americans about the cost of coverage, while downplaying mechanisms in the law that will cushion them from rate shock. The effort comes as insurers seek more favorable regulatory changes that would, in part, allow companies to charge older people more for coverage.

thinkprogress.org...

Already the Wall Street investors firms now "banks" due to the bailouts after 2008, are salivating from the huge profits that insurance will bring to the table thanks to ACA and no government caps on premiums increases.

Why Obamacare could raise your premiums at work

Open enrollment for 2014 is about to begin at thousands of companies, and many employers are blaming Obamacare—at least in part—for cost increases they are passing on to their workers.

Employees' costs are expected to rise 5 to 7 percent next year, according to early estimates. Those annual increases have been a fixture for years. But in some 2014 open enrollment documents reviewed by CNBC, companies are specifically citing the law as a factor in next year's pricing.

money.msn.com...

The discussion is over, this is the reality of ACA this is what is happening and now with millions cut from their existing insurance premiums is going to get worstACA is full of loopholes that were left open for whatever insurance companies feel they need them for, our government have an incredible bad reputation when it comes to enforcing regulations, the too big to fail are the biggest example of that, they were allowed to get banks status to keep getting bailout money in the name of QEs, insurance companies will surpass that in the future if they are to fail due to the mess that ACA will become.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

That is another issue that is falling within the cracks how companies with 50 or more employees, will find loopholes to stay away from paying penalties while screwing their employees with part time status.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

I can find a link that explain exactly what you just found out looking at the disparity between those that were in need of insurance vs those that already were under insurance either by personal choice or by their employers, see in order for the insurance commission to support the ACA it was plenty of close doors meetings with the administration, (they are still going on) if the administration wanted to protect the majority in the nation they would have forced the insurance to give care to those with pre existing conditions, while expanding Medicaid to the needy, but in order to make the insurance companies happy, they got in a silver platter the working able class to be mandated.

Like you say it doesn't add and it makes no sense, unless you see it for what it is, obviously some are fine and happy with having a big sector of the tax payer class screwed to make a small percentage happy.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

How can you be Libertarian and want Govt run Medicine.

Giant Shrimp???

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

marg6043
Like you say it doesn't add and it makes no sense, unless you see it for what it is, obviously some are fine and happy with having a big sector of the tax payer class screwed to make a small percentage happy.

That's exactly what it is.

Obama, as I've posted before, has received nearly twice as much from the health-care industry, as donations to his campaigns, than the next closest did.

That, in and of itself is suspect, and in my opinion should be scrutinized under RICO and similar laws.
20 million in one year, donated, by healthcare related industries ought to be raising red flags somewhere.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

So a slow and snail paced increase. Or.............a meth fueled rocket ship set to hyperspeed.

Yeah, great defense there.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

The link provided is a break down of who were the uninsured in America, interestingly the lie about having the needy and poor under ACA is just that a like, those within the poverty line will never quality for ACA and they will be lucky if their state offers expanded Medicaid, supposedly this is about 10 percent of the population.

Over 47 million nonelderly Americans were uninsured in 2012. Decreasing the number of uninsured is a key goal of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), which will provide Medicaid or subsidized coverage to qualifying individuals with incomes up to 400% of poverty beginning in 2014. This brief answers some basic questions about the uninsured, including why people are uninsured, trends in the uninsured, who the uninsured are, access and financial implications of not having coverage, and the likely impact of the ACA on Medicaid and the uninsured.

Also within the 47 million is a portion of illegals also added.

kff.org...

Like I say many can see it for what it is, I mean ACA, the government lie, when they said that ACA will help the needy and poor, so to sacrifice the majority in the nation for a portion that will never benefit from ACA was the biggest blunder of the administration, ACA is a bailout and a tax plain and simple, a reform to expand Medicaid and to force insurance into offering insurance to those with pre existing conditions was all that was need it, but we know what is going on now.

Remember this? We have to pass it to see what is in it.

edit on 20-11-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It is just frustrating because this is all stuff that was brought up since the beginning. Several of us all over America TRIED to keep this from happening since the beginning. Not because we were racist or we believe some people don't deserve health care, but because after learning what details we were given it was obvious this was not going to work. We were called names, disrespected, spat on, slandered. Now all those doing the spitting are shocked at what is happening? Like this is some big surprise? Some went so far as to shut down the government to try and keep this from happening. Again crucified for their efforts by the same group of people. Despite being shown over and over again that the president has no qualms about telling lies to get what he wants, people are genuinely shocked and disheartened to find out that this too was a lie. Knowledge is freedom. Don't just listen to what people in politics tell you because they are going to tell you whatever you want to hear. I'm really sad that it has come this far. There are A LOT of people out there who are really hurt by the consequences of all this. There were other options, good ones.

I am also worried. His original intent was government ran health care. "Free" for everyone. He didn't get his way. Considering his past actions, I am worried that this was a way to make people worried and uncomfortable in order to manipulate them to embrace his original plan.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Yes, I remember how we dissected the healthcare bill for weeks until the bastardized lobbying by insurance companies option became law.

I also believe that the intention is for the ACA as it is now to fail to bring back the original version the real Obama version.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

macman
reply to post by gariac

So a slow and snail paced increase. Or.............a meth fueled rocket ship set to hyperspeed.

Yeah, great defense there.

Thank You, Thank you, Thank you,,,, you are Smarter Than the Average Obama Supporter!
I don't know why he couldn't see that or understand it, there it was in Plain Sight, in Plain English,,, but it wasn't on Obamas web site was it.
Now, in keeping with this Threads title in a way.
Nail In Obamacare Coffin, because of Obamacare and All the Lies, it has been reported today on CBS News that obamas approval rating as dropped again!!!
Maybe this will teach them to Stop Lying To the American Public. (Ok, wishful thinking )

President Barack Obama’s job approval rating has plunged to the lowest of his presidency. 37%
now approve of the job he is doing as president, down from 46% in October -- a nine point drop
in just a month. Mr. Obama’s disapproval rating is 57% -- the highest level for this president in
CBS News Polls.

A rocky beginning to the opening of the new health insurance exchanges has also taken its toll
on how Americans perceive the Affordable Care Act. Now, approval of the law has dropped to
31% - the lowest number yet recorded in CBS News Polls, and a drop of 12 points since last
month. 61% disapprove (a high for this poll), including 46% who say they disapprove strongly.

Republicans are nearly unanimous in their disapproval of the law, and now more than two-thirds
of independents agree. Almost six in ten Democrats continue to support the law, but their
support has dropped 16 points from last month – from 74% in October to 58% today. Support
has dropped 11 points among independents and five points among Republicans.

www.scribd.com...
The Last Nail as been Hammer Home I would think, The Dems that are still out there supporting this Loser Obama Program will Lose Big when reelection come around for house seats.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
gee, good thing you republicans don't blame insurance companies, because they have nothing to do with this, right?...
by the way, the California exchange is working just fine, so is Kentucky's, so is Washington's, so is Connecticut's, so is Minnesota's...I wonder what could be the reason?...let me see...oh, they all have democratic governors

here's a couple of examples:
www.spokesman.com...
coveredcanews.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

by the way, the California exchange is working just fine, so is Kentucky's, so is Washington's, so is Connecticut's, so is Minnesota's...

And they will be busy next year when up to 69% (these estimates were made by the Obama Administration) of people with employer provided healthcare lose it.... directly as a result of ACA.

See just how many people are (un)happy then.

Before ACA, the progressives could have blamed it all on the insurance companies.... but now they own a piece of that.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

So, basically you just displayed how the country was actually setup.
The individual states are allowed to do this, regardless if they are run by Dems or Reps.

The Federal Govt is not supposed to do this crap.

Thanks for proving the issue correct. The 0bama lead Federal Govt can't get it straight.
The States can.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

abecedarian

marg6043

That's exactly what it is.

Obama, as I've posted before, has received nearly twice as much from the health-care industry, as donations to his campaigns, than the next closest did.

That, in and of itself is suspect, and in my opinion should be scrutinized under RICO and similar laws.
20 million in one year, donated, by healthcare related industries ought to be raising red flags somewhere.

really?...this plan was the ONLY one acceptable to a small group republicans at the time, that helped it pass into law. it was a heritage think tank (republican) plan, it was modeled after Romney's (republican) Massachusetts plan....this was the only way he could get the right-wing to help out the uninsured....by the mega health-insurance companies making a profit off of people sickness....talk about a red-flag being raised

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

jimmyx
gee, good thing you republicans don't blame insurance companies, because they have nothing to do with this, right?...
by the way, the California exchange is working just fine, so is Kentucky's, so is Washington's, so is Connecticut's, so is Minnesota's...I wonder what could be the reason?...let me see...oh, they all have democratic governors

here's a couple of examples:
www.spokesman.com...
coveredcanews.blogspot.com...

Im in Oregon, we have a dem governer and our exchange is a hot mess, and is not working.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join