It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nail In Obamacare Coffin - Whitehouse Projected 156 Million More To Lose Insurance Plans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Really???????????? if you have not noticed I speak three languages more than most people can say this days around here, so English is not my first language but I am still a born American just not raised in America.

How about that, you need to make sure of what you speak before you target people for language my dear, life littler surprises, language is not always a sign of mental challenge, but intelligence is and the irrationality of taking and understanding issues.

ACA is been hated all over the US by hard working Americas, yes productive ones, not free loaders and the poor and needy.

I can fill pages with links to how ACA is failing and about to fail and how insurance will become the next monopolies, along with how even Democrats are dissenting from the ACA and going against it.

You have no clue what is going around at least I been nice enough, no to point it out until you targeted me personally.

What a pity, only when people have nothing else to say they do what you just did in your last post, directed to me.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

OpenMindedRealist
reply to post by gariac

Refusal, or inability, to comprehend something does not make it any less true. Nor will confidence make an ignorant delusion any more real.
At this point, I have to dismiss you as a either unreachable or a paid defender of Obamacare.

I urge others in this thread to resist wasting any more words on gariac. The information has been provided, and the resources are out there for confirmation.

You are right, my friend. More and more people - even Obama supporters - can see that this is a horribly written law designed to fill up the ol' coffers. Nothing at all to do with providing affordable health care to the masses.

I will be exiting this thread now as I don't care to be drawn into a senseless argument any more than I already have.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

notquitesure

JayinAR
reply to post by FlyingFox

I am a libertarian and have zero problems with the idea of socialized medicine.

I think health care should fall under one of Gov's very, very limited responsibilities in that we employ them to protect us. Protection should include basic medical service, free of charge.

Its one of a few things our NUMEROUS nonsensical taxes should go to.

All you should have to do is show freakin' proof of citizenship to get all the care you need.

Unfortunately our taxes go to pie in the sky defense military projects that you and I will never see because the idiots at the DOD are a bunch of paranoid weirdos, among many other useless appropriations.

It is beyond time people put their collective foot down.

I sort of agree with this.

I think we should all have a catastrophic level of coverage, as well as annual or twice annual screenings covered.

Where that gets a little sticky is that there should be no mandatory required treatments. For instance, if your screening says you're at risk for high blood pressure, you shouldn't be forced onto meds. As a free American, you should have the right to take that information and decide on your best course of action (diet, exercise, etc.) if you so choose.

Make all minor medical examinations and procedures out of pocket. Doing this would suck a ton of cash out of the system and lower prices across the board.

The real problem is that the lobbyists that write the laws rather like the idea of MORE money being spent on insurance, medicine, and so forth. Throw in a passel of politicians bent on creating a majority dependent class and you have a recipe for disaster...which we are facing.
edit on 19-11-2013 by notquitesure because: typo

This is a very good idea...

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I think what is happening is that there is a big tax taken off of corporations and employers. Cost of insurance is going to be shifted more to the individual, and public sector, government. Question is, is this a good thing? Does it make the American worker more competitive not having the cost of his health care as baggage. As this happens more and more individuals are going to insist on a larger government participation to subsidize and regulate costs.

In the end it's hard to figure where the insurance companies fit in. The selling of health insurance may become a dieing industry. Insurance will still be around, but health insurance not so much.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

bigfootgurl
Obama could have just cut to the chase and issued an executive order making healthcare illegal for anyone but himself, his family and his buddies. Why beat around the bush like this?

Cause they all got paid.

nuff said.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by okyouwin

That could happen if the government would enforce the regulations of insurance companies, but in America the private interest is the ones that runs the show, Insurance will become bigger than the banks if ACA gets to stay, only a few big insurance companies will have control, all the government is doing is just giving away tax dollars to them as subsidies just like they do with the billions of QEs and the now to humongous to fail banks in Walls street, this nothing but another bailout to keep the insurance business profiting.

The problem is that those insurance providers that are big will buy out the smaller companies and in states that is more poor and needy may not be much competition leaving one big insurance to monopolized the able and healthy in order to profit, this is what will bring the prices up to make over for the loses in some states.

Healthcare Insurance Monopolies Difficult to Unseat, Even Under ACA

www.nonprofitquarterly.org...

edit on 19-11-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

gariac
Hint. Ah screw it, let me just this out loud.

Why? There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to raise the volume on such complete and utter nonsense.

YOU WOULD NEED TO BE SICK TO USE HEALTH INSURANCE. Who has the time to waste going to the doctor for no good reason.

Do you understand that when you have a physician and are prescribed drugs, you have to come back for frequent visits in order to refill those bottles? Just stop and think for a minute or two here, ok? This is about making a profit off of drug addicts who are addicted to Pills, who are in the millions and millions these days.

It's also about trying to force the healthy to pay for the unhealthy. Look, These young people can't afford the mandated coverage! They can barely afford their rent or to feed themselves other than maybe being lucky enough to grab a package of Ramen noodles, and you people want to fine them for not being able to afford it?

That is why your herO Obama made this huge deal with big Pharm. Take note...........

MadMan Obama's Sinister International Drug Company Scam

Worse yet, you can get a finger where it doesn't belong or other less desirable treatment.

You only get that if you need a physical as an older Male, a rectal exam for various reasons, or that you need to be checked for polyps or possible colon cancer. I guess it's nice for a good laugh though eh?

Well thanks for a good laugh.

I guess it is. Yeah, you sure gave us all one.
~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
My employer was advised to change our group health insurance plan by the companies broker simply because after Jan. 1st the rates for our current insurance would be slightly higher. We are in the process of changing to another plan.

Not only will I get a better plan with the new insurance company, but it is now cheaper (for the company of course). Not sure how that worked out.
edit on 19-11-2013 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

tallcool1
You are right, my friend. More and more people - even Obama supporters - can see that this is a horribly written law designed to fill up the ol' coffers. Nothing at all to do with providing affordable health care to the masses.

That is completely wrong.

Now that health insurance is mandatory, health care prices will now decrease significantly in the next few years and beyond, making it cheaper and more affordable for everybody soon. A small price to pay now for some, but it will be worth it in the end.

Right now, people without health insurance whom usually end up in Urgent Care often will use fake names and addresses, receive their treatment, then skip out on paying the bill. To make up for their loses, health care providers jack up their rates for people who do have insurance, or pass the bill to people who do pay. That is why health care is so expensive, and insurance too.
edit on 19-11-2013 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAre0ne

How are you deductibles and out of pocket expenses, usually in order for employers to offer less expensive plans they offer insurance with higher deductibles.

Also, already the statistics show that insurance companies will be steadily increasing under the ACA no decreasing due to the fact that now they have to offer insurance to higher risk people with pre existing conditions.

Actually CBO predictions even acknowledge a steady increase of private insurance premiums for the next 10 years under ACA.

This predictions were done in 2011 before private insurance companies dumped millions out of their existing insurance this year, I am sure that the "predictions have changed considerably"

www.cbo.gov...

Example of insurance coverage increased in one STATE alone, the State of Indiana, ACA Premium Impact – Variability of
Individual Market Premium Rate Changes

Increases of 75% to 95% after ACA is implemented fully.

So far all over the US states will have increases of premiums not decreases, only those that will fall under Medicare expansion will no only be able to receive care but it will be free.

The expansion of Medicaid will result in the increases of cost per states and taxes, after all ACA is a tax.

www.in.gov...

The increases under the STATE of Ohio as another example as increases varies by state, ODI: Health insurance premiums to increase 41% due to ACA [Toledo Business Journal]

In addition, ODI confirmed previously released preliminary calculations that insurance companies' costs to provide individual health coverage will increase by 83%

insurancenewsnet.com... Io5PY

I can go on and on, one thing that I could not find is one single state where insurance premiums will decrease under ACA

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Here is a tough question. What direction did insurance rate go before the ACA?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

President Obama repeatedly promised that his signature health law, the Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. Obamacare, would reduce insurance premiums by $2,500 for the typical family. Instead, premiums have increased by a comparable amount. Video compilation by Naked Emperor News of TheBlaze.com. For more on how Obama came up with this faulty projection, read this account in the New York Times

even IF rates go down, the deductibles are up.

edit on Nov-19-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
My company insurance is BlueCross/BlueShield and it is free for me. My family is Tricare Prime after 28 years of military service. Since my Tricare Prime (12 dollar copays) has been changed to Tricare Standard (20 to 25% of the bill copays) my cost is going up 400%, so I'm switching my family over to my company's insurance plan that will cost me a few 1000s per year now.

Thank you Obama for the free healthcare promised me for my 28 years of military service...
edit on 19-11-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

gariac

Excuse Me

You are at this Again, you have no Idea what you're talking about.
It is already a proven fact that Healthcare rates have increased, some as much as 17% to 41 %.
Prior to ACA:

www.forbes.com... ow-to-elderly/
What they discovered so far is that Obamacare has increased premiums by 41% in some states.
It is the Young and Healthy that are taking the Big Hit, they are the ones paying for Obamacares Tax Payers Funded Subsidies.
So,,, so me your Proof that Health Care Premiums have Not Increased Mr. or Mrs. gariac.
You may need to Expand your choose of News Outlets other than the Huff and NPR.
You may read up on your misconceptions of How Great and How People Love Obamacare, Here:
www.forbes.com...

It is not likely that the ACA will have a positive effect on health care spending, by which I mean making health care more affordable. As economist Dean Baker writes, we will continue to pay high prices for medications, medical devices and physicians. Although there are proven methods to control health care costs such as simplified administration, global budgets and negotiating bulk prices, none of them were included in the ACA. In fact, the ACA increases our already enormous administrative costs by adding new levels of administration to our health system.

www.aljazeera.com...

edit on 20-11-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

guohua

gariac

Excuse Me

You are at this Again, you have no Idea what you're talking about.
It is already a proven fact that Healthcare rates have increased, some as much as 17% to 41 %.
Prior to ACA:

What they discovered so far is that Obamacare has increased premiums by 41% in some states.
It is the Young and Healthy that are taking the Big Hit, they are the ones paying for Obamacares Tax Payers Funded Subsidies.
So,,, so me your Proof that Health Care Premiums have Not Increased Mr. or Mrs. gariac.
You may need to Expand your choose of News Outlets other than the Huff and NPR.
You may read up on your misconceptions of How Great and How People Love Obamacare, Here:
www.forbes.com...
www.aljazeera.com...

OK, I guess I overloaded your circuits. I will make this very simple. Prior to the ACA, were insurance rates rising or decreasing?

Hint: the answer is one word.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
People, of course insurance rates have increased, and probably will increase for a year because we are still stuck in the old health care paradigm, and health care is still expensive. But the increase is temporary, because the health care paradigm is shifting, and health care prices will decrease, and health insurance rates will decrease with it.

Think about it...

A lot of people don't go to the hospital because they don't have insurance. That is lost income for doctors, hospitals, and drug companies. Hospitals are expensive to run, and if their only income is from those with insurance, or people who desperately need help, they have to have high rates to pay for everything. Same for drug companies. Their factories are expensive to run, and if their only revenue is people who go to doctors and get prescriptions, their prices will be high to make up for it.

When everyone has insurance, hospitals, drug companies, and doctors will have more income. Their prices won't need to be so high to cover their operational costs, and in turn that will decrease health care and insurance costs.

It's simple... but it will take time, and is not instant change.
edit on 20-11-2013 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
mandatory anything will get more expensive. ka-ching!

unless the gov puts a cap on it. which won't happen. they eliminated any competition.

why obama didn't offer an insurance plan as an alternative for people, i'll never know.

it would be a hell of a lot cheaper and people could choose to change or not.
it wouldn't have to be funded by anyone.

i'm not a stupid guy, but i fail to see any advantage to this tax thing.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

You didn't READ did you.

White House spokesperson Jay Carney stated numerous times recently that the slowing of the rise of health care spending in the United States is a result of the Affordable Care Act. In fact, the slowing of total health care spending actually began after the economic crisis of 2008, which was prior to the ACA being signed into law in 2010. As I wrote earlier this year, the slowing of health care spending was due to self-rationing. As more of the cost of health care is shifted onto the individual, we see less utilisation of health services.

www.aljazeera.com...

They point out that the 3 percent growth from 2009 to 2010 was unusually low. While it’s tough to discern a clear, long-term trend in the growth rates, the annual increase was holding steady at around 5 percent or 5.5 percent from 2007 to 2009.

www.factcheck.org...

New research from the Manhattan Institute estimates that insurance rates for young men will rise by 99 percent. Rates for younger women will rise between 55 percent to 62 percent, according to the right-leaning New York think tank.

www.cbsnews.com...
So, now how about you show me your Obama Proof that Health Insurance Premiums where going up and because of the ACA they came down and NOW, Every Body can afford Health Care.
Please don't go to Obamas web site, we might get a Virus here at ATS from there.
OH, and My Circuits can't be Over loaded by you,,,ROFLMChineseAO

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Hint: the past is the past. It is different from the future or the present. We will try this again.

In the PAST, were insurance rates rising or falling.?

Hint: the answer is one of the two words: [rising, falling]

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

gariac
reply to post by guohua

Hint: the past is the past. It is different from the future or the present. We will try this again.

In the PAST, were insurance rates rising or falling.?

Hint: the answer is one of the two words: [rising, falling]

Is English even your Native Language? You can read English can't you?
It's not mine and I understand my answers of 2007 through 2009 is pas-tense.
If you'd like me to translate this to Mandarin Chinese for you or Vietnamese I can.
I just have to believe you're so very young or a Obama Supporter who can't see the Truth.
You didn't answer my question, but then you can't with out telling untruths like Obama, That's Known as LIES!

Some advice,,, don't buy the Obama Swampland like you bought into ACA.
Now, I'm done with you, I've proved you to be misleading, get a hold of your supervisor there in Obamas basement and tell him or her that you need some new talking points for Obamacare because people are just to Smart in the Real World.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join