It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ison Splits in Two? I Dont Think So, Ison Just Fragmented..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Thanks cheesy, a moving mass, changes form or fragments, can be effected differently by gravitational forces, therefore changing it's path due to these forces. all bets are off if this thing does fragment, who knows where it will go....and what peices where?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

teslahowitzer
Thanks cheesy, a moving mass, changes form or fragments, can be effected differently by gravitational forces, therefore changing it's path due to these forces. all bets are off if this thing does fragment, who knows where it will go....and what peices where?

No, changing form or fragmenting does not change the path. The pieces would continue on the same trajectory as the comet.

BTW, thanks for the link Cheesy, it's a good reality check! I hope ISON hasn't disintegrated.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

cheesy
reply to post by cheesy

another great Frgment Picture Ison Get Hot!

Taken by Maximilian Teodorescu on November 16, 2013 @ Dumitrana, Romania

The first picture looks like a jellyfish!
Thank you for keeping us updated on comet Ison; I really count on your threads to stay informed!
LOVE your enthusiasm = it's contagious!

Ms. Nugget

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Chevy,

Thanks for the pictures, you are making me lazy, I am not doing as much research as I used to, and I have to get back in my groove. Not that I don't trust you it is just a bad habit to get into, not doing your own research, and taking any information as fact without checking.

This picture is stunning and it immediately brought to mind the image of Jelly Fish crop circle from a year or more ago.

Now I have to wait until after work to do any research but from the top of my memory it looks like a good match.

Thanks again for knocking the cob webs from the old brain cells this morning.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Is it possible that the "jelly fish pic, was at the moment that ISON encountered a CME?

So wish the Electric Universe guys had a chat line for questions?

Please, allow me to consider that idea whether or not you agree. Not you Cheesy, but it is one of those subjects that can derail any thread. Sorry...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
it seems even brighter now... I am so upset, that the last days have always been cloudy.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

This is a great article.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
If Ison did fragmented I think the pieces will plunge right into the sun... So we are seeing the last remnants of this mysterious and upsetting comet , the first companion seen close by have now multiplied and make its way around,
and the battle for Los Angeles starts.... Nah

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

wildespace

teslahowitzer

No, changing form or fragmenting does not change the path. The pieces would continue on the same trajectory as the comet.

Why is everyone suddenly sayin' that? If it was true then all 21 pieces of Comet Shoemaker–Levy 9 would end in one particular spot on Jupiter. Would a planet sized body have the same trajectory? Every piece has also it's own inertia and resistance against solar wind etc. I don't think it's a complete truth.
edit on 18/11/2013 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Great pictures there Cheesy ! Thanks!

I can't help to think about Norse mythology about the Midgard Serpent, which was later demonised by earlier religion.

Maybe the ancient Vikings saw a similar thing in the sky, and called this the Midgard serpent ? Probably far out, but just a thought.
Your fault my mind wanders lol. I wonder if there is anybody who had this thought too, and maybe there are some stuff out there about it ?

Keep up you good work cheesy, and stay safe

edit on 18/11/2013 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Great pictures, Cheesy, thank you very much for sharing!

2nd

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Beautiful pics - thanks for posting.

For those of us who subscribe to an Electric Model rather than the Standard Model of cosmology or physics, the explanation for tails and brightening are different from what you might have heard explained.

I'll briefly state the explanation below from the electric model.

Comet brightening is due to increased arcing. More dust, gas and plasma are generated as electrical activity increases.

Increases in arcing occurs as the negatively charged comet moves through the suns electric field, electric currents, and plasma. Generally the intensity increases in proximity to the sun, but the electric field, current flow and plasma density is not homogeneous, and there are regions through which a comet might move that might cause higher or lower intensity.

The comet halo is brighter as the increased potential causes the surrounding plasma to become more luminous. The tails are plasma filaments that carry current away from the charged body, filaments are magnetically attracted to each other, and usually form twisting or spiraling threads. The source of the plasma streams are points on the comet surface on which arcing occurs between a high and low points, having an electrical potential between them obviously.

Comets can break apart due to extremely violent arcing which can occur when the electric potentials in the comet get to extreme levels.

Due to the violence of electrical breakup - then the body would usually be shattered into many non homogeneous pieces - so a neat split in two seems very unlikely. Also, the destructive force would be expected to cause some scattering of the comet's debris - so a more spread out and diffuse looking comet would be expected if it had broken up.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

starred and flagged

your threads are a breath of fresh air thanks for your hard work cheesy

and keep it up tq sir

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
What is the ETA of comet ison to pass by the earth, in the nearest proximity?

And great pics cheezy did you take them?
edit on 18-11-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

GArnold
reply to post by cheesy

Cheesy.. I think you are too heavily invested in this and your "respect at ATS" to remain in any way objective about this any further. Thanks for the links and information however but please remain open minded and allow for the possibility it may have actually done what the images suggest it has.

I fail to see where it is in this thread that suggests cheesy is in disagreement with the images ? Sorry but I think you are mistaken. All I can see is a very nice person reporting on something he is interested in. Deny ignorance and all.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Comet ISON looks fantastic in latest pictures..

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Very nice.... It is like a giant bullet traveling at 133,000 mph. By the time it passes closest to the sun on its speed will increase to 425,000 mph!!. If it survives...

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The science or history channel is airing a program on ISON very soon just thought you might be interested Cheesy. Great pics btw i love the arc with that electric blue green its wild.
Ok it airs December 7 says its 3 miles wide and moving at 91000mph just saw the preview looks good.
edit on 19-11-2013 by ed1320 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

PapagiorgioCZ

wildespace

teslahowitzer

Why is everyone suddenly sayin' that? If it was true then all 21 pieces of Comet Shoemaker–Levy 9 would end in one particular spot on Jupiter. Would a planet sized body have the same trajectory? Every piece has also it's own inertia and resistance against solar wind etc. I don't think it's a complete truth.
edit on 18/11/2013 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

The Shoemaker-Levy comet did follow the same path...but don't forget that planets rotate...that's why the fragments didn't end up in exactly the same spot - planetary rotation, or put another way, the target area was always moving.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GreyGoo

Do not get me wrong. I like Cheesy and enjoy his/her posts about ISON very much. I was not being critical of them so much as saying it might be wrong to discount the notion the Comet split into two. From reading the OP that was what I thought he/she was alluding to. Again.. Thank you Cheesy for the posts and all the research you have done.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join