It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's Largest Publisher of Children's Books Erases Israel from Map

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Aleister

buster2010
Funny she doesn't mention that Palestine isn't on the map either and it's right next door. I wonder why?

In the OP itself Palestine is mentioned before Israel. You must mean the headline, which perhaps was an oversight.

No she doesn't say anything about Palestine this is what she said.

“I wanted to show my son where we lived in the Middle East, but it didn’t say Israel on the map; instead it said Jordan,” Golombek told The Times of Israel. “I showed him the problem and drew in the border of where Israel is today.”

If she knew anything about the history of the place then she would have known that was the map that was used before the 1920's. She must be one of those Israel has always existed people so Israel must always be on a map no matter what time period.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

gladtobehere
reply to post by jjkenobi

Well, Palestine was a country until it got "wiped off the map", oh wait...

There.... you just said it urself..... it was (past tense) a country. Just like Czechoslovakia was a country until dissolution in 93.

nobody is saying that a palestinian nationality doesnt exist. Its just that a sovereign country with borders that is internationally recognized as 'palestine' doesn't exist. maybe in the future, but not ATM.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

buster2010
If she knew anything about the history of the place then she would have known that was the map that was used before the 1920's.

This isn't 1920. It is 2013. Almost 2014.
The story doesn't take place in the 1920s, right?
Book Here

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

hey i just want to know why nobody in africa cares about this childrens book or got offended. How come nobody n lebanon cares about this childrens book. How come nobady in syria cares about this book or the map in it. Don't you think its amazing that nobody was insecure enough to get offended or even bother to care. How come its just israel that gets their pantys bunched up.

Whats this got to do with the middle east. These crazy book editors obviously think that africa is all egyptian. Why isn't anybody going ape abut this. I say it was done on purpose asa conspiracy to keep the african man down. If anything Israel should be up in arms about that injustice. What africans don't exist anymore. Infact F itI'm pissed the map wasntdrawn big enough to show the USA in it. how am i goingto explain to my kids where I live in relation to the kingdom of the talking mouse.

See it's pathetic to even careabout this. What let me guess. the omission is a secret insult to the people of israel that they don't exist? is that where your going with this. The real message I guess is that africans arn't important maybe they are goyim, who knows. but israel is an exception. All bow down and kiss their ass, they are more important than any othe country in that region. especially more so than africa in its entirety.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Lots of STRAWMAN argument there. Taken to the extreme ... wow.
You could go into business selling scarecrows with all that straw .....

The funny thing .. you so are upset that some people in Israel pointed out the map error.
And you ignore the history of everyone in that part of the world wanting to ignore the
fact that Israel exists. Your education on the sociology and psychological issues of that
area are a bit .... lacking. Or you dont' care. Whatever. Enjoy your faux outrage at Israel.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
uhh I would go with I don't care. I too have read a history book or two. This sort of bickering goes on over there since the dawn of history. It's a I don't care thing. It's a get over it thing. Everyone else has. Nobody else was offended. Just Israel. And why because some mom couldn't show her kid where israel is on a map in a childrens book about a talking indiana jones mouse. Nobody in africa cared. Might have real problems to deal with or just aren't that insecure,...... , or......, or.... their ego isn't that fragile that the reality that not everybody considers israels preferences to be treated as exceptional as valid and don't even want to spend the time bothering with listening to them whine about how nobody is making a special case for them since their country is sooo soo precious and special. only to them it. is. the rest of the world doesn;t care. so yeah its a don't give a crap thing that their egos got shattered so easily.

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY WHY NO OUTRAGE OVER AFRICA BEING SLIGHTED SO HEAVILY IN THIS CHILDRENS BOOK'S MAP!!!! I guess not recognizing 54 FING countries on just the left side of that ma alone wans't a big deal.. but offending israel inadvertently is.

Faux outrage indeed flyer.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It simply looks like a low detailed map commensurate with a children's book. A book about traveling mice....

I guess we could argue on the far upper reaches of the map, why aren't Lebanon or Syria annotated? How come the topographical features are not annotated? Is that river discrimination? The Red Sea is not good enough?

Matter of fact, why are those mice in Egypt at all!? Why are they not visiting the Temple on the Mount? The Western Wall? I smell a much larger anti-semitic rat here.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

BASSPLYR
BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY WHY NO OUTRAGE OVER AFRICA BEING SLIGHTED SO HEAVILY IN THIS CHILDRENS BOOK'S MAP!!!!

So much shouting of faux outrage for Africa.

If anyone in Africa is upset .. they'll say so.
For now .. some people in Israel didn't like it so they said so.
It's still funny how you are so upset with some people in Israel for being upset.
So upset that you shout faux outrage for Africa. And they don't care.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Since Israel stole the land with the help of Britain and have no legitimate title to the land, I'm glad to see a children's book reflect the truth.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Exactly nobody cares!!! Nobody else was offended. Just israel. Doens't that say something. That doesn't stand out to you. ANother poster said something interesting too. WHy no outrage against red sea discrimination, or african discrimination, or lebanon discrimination. Maybe cause there is no discrimination going on, just some people trying to spin nothing into something to give them any sort of emotional leverage to do god knows what. So thanks for proving my point. I just see this as more whiny fauz outrage to spin crap into a tool thats usable for some purpose. THe modern day equivalent of the eskimo poop knife. Everybody smells a rat, that only one place got offended and nobody else on the whole friggen planet did.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Righteous indignation is SO satisfying.
Some people would walk ten miles to be offended.

mistersmith.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by combatmaster

I dunno.... why dont you go on British airways, virgin atlantic, american airlines and any other airliner u wish, and look for an airport in a mythical country called 'palestine'. Sorry to break it to ya, it dont exist!

What is so hard to comprehend here?

I'm not having trouble comprehending anything boss, I'm just being conversational.

I completely understand that Palestine does not exist as a nation just like whatever the native Americans called their territory no longer exist as a nation. They were conquered.

What I was asking is,
If there WERE an airport in "Palestine", I wonder how the airlines would list it. As of now they don't have to address the issue because there is no airport, but if there were...?

We agree more than you realize. I just found your observation curious.
I've read many comments about the Israel/Palestine situation, but had never heard someone point to Airlines as an indicator.

edit on 14-11-2013 by tanda7 because: eta

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Yeh, i see where your coming from bro.

I guess airlines is just a good example in this context.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

jjkenobi

buster2010
Funny she doesn't mention that Palestine isn't on the map either and it's right next door. I wonder why?

Israel is a country. Palestine is not. It's pretty simple.

Wrong the UN does recognize Palestine as a state.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

FlyersFan

buster2010
If she knew anything about the history of the place then she would have known that was the map that was used before the 1920's.

This isn't 1920. It is 2013. Almost 2014.
The story doesn't take place in the 1920s, right?
Book Here

The book doesn't say in what time period the story takes place. Just because a book is published this year that doesn't mean the story in it is also takes place this year. Had you ever done reading you would know this.
edit on 14-11-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

combatmaster

buster2010

For the same reason booking a flight to 'palestine' on an airliner website wont work, no country under that name shows up. It doesnt exist. Not as a geographically bordered area! It isnt recognized as a country with borders. Not under the name 'palestine' anyway!

That why!

They would call it the Yasser Arafat International Airport in fact there are four airports in Palestine two in Gaza and two in the west bank. Israeli supporters are too lazy to even use Google.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

I completely understand that Palestine does not exist as a nation just like whatever the native Americans called their territory no longer exist as a nation. They were conquered.

Where do you get your history from? The Native Americans were conquered the Palestinians land was stolen. Great Britain had no right giving away land that didn't belong to them.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Actually, as someone who has read several of the Geronimo and Thea Stilton books as I have young children, the books take place in current times. I haven't read this one in particular but have read maybe ten of them and they all take place current times.

I won't be reading anymore of the books though as I won't order another book from Scholastic. My kids can choose other books, there are millions of them.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

buster2010
reply to post by tanda7

Where do you get your history from? The Native Americans were conquered the Palestinians land was stolen. Great Britain had no right giving away land that didn't belong to them.

edit on 2013-11-14T20:55:25-06:00201311bpm3011pm2530 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

Palestinian land stolen? The land did not belong to those refugees you call 'palestinians' either!
edit on 2013-11-14T20:57:42-06:00201311bpm3011pm4230 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

The book doesn't say in what time period the story takes place. Just because a book is published this year that doesn't mean the story in it is also takes place this year. Had you ever done reading you would know this.
Found this episode on ytube;
www.youtube.com...
At the 6:28 mark you will see what looks like a iphone10, maybe it's in the future!

They would call it the Yasser Arafat International Airport in fact there are four airports in Palestine two in Gaza and two in the west bank. Israeli supporters are too lazy to even use Google.
Following the wiki links, of the six airlines listed as servicing YAIA, only three list Palestine as a destination, but they do list Palestine as a country.

Semantics.
Stealing land or conquering has been a part of the human experience for all of recorded history.
I'm not saying that I approve, but it's not surprising at all.

PS-Your replies seem very angry and bordering on personal insults, I, for one, would take you more seriously if that were not the case.
edit on 14-11-2013 by tanda7 because: why so angry?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join