It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's Largest Publisher of Children's Books Erases Israel from Map

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Those who claim that Native American Indian lands do not exist have never taken a drive through Oklahoma I guess.
They are still there, and working pretty good now that the US is not murdering them at will.
Unlike a certain middle east terrorist nation I wont mention.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
This thread is such a convincing proof that national boundaries and nationality, are the hooks on which we hang our prejudice and fear of the unknown.

We may not have the power to abolish national borders, but we certainly have independence of mind, and can disregard them if we wish to.

Without the concept of nationality, which encourages insularity and selfishness, our politicians would lack their present ability to subvert the natural compassion which is mankind's greatest attribute.

mistersmith.

Imagine all the people, sharing all the world ... John Lennon.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

BASSPLYR
Nobody else was offended. Just israel. Doens't that say something.

- It wasn't the entire country of Israel, it was some parents who read books to children.
- You don't understand the sociology and psychology of the area. Israel exists and yet many around them refuse to admit it. This would get rather annoying after a while. So the parents want to make sure the books reflect that their country does indeed exist. They want to be sure that the children aren't indoctrinated into the anti-Israel rhetoric that goes on with the Muslim countries ... that being that Israel doesn't exist.

From a psychological point of view, it's understandable.

(that's my psychology degree talking as well as me being a mom
.... I can see why the parents, who are continually subjected to anti-Israel bias, would be concerned)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

buster2010

jjkenobi

buster2010
Funny she doesn't mention that Palestine isn't on the map either and it's right next door. I wonder why?

Israel is a country. Palestine is not. It's pretty simple.

Wrong the UN does recognize Palestine as a state.

No it doesn't. I gave the list of countries recognized by the United Nations.
Palestine is not a sovereign country according to the UN.
(See previous post)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

buster2010
The book doesn't say in what time period the story takes place. Just because a book is published this year that doesn't mean the story in it is also takes place this year. Had you ever done reading you would know this.

OMG that's seriously LAME.

- The characters in the book didn't go into a wayback machine and get transferred back 100 years.
- 'Had I ever done reading' ... really? That goes beyond silly and into the region of really pathetic.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

But noone said anything about the fact that mice can't talk and don''t wear clothes?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

combatmaster

buster2010
reply to post by tanda7

I completely understand that Palestine does not exist as a nation just like whatever the native Americans called their territory no longer exist as a nation. They were conquered.

Where do you get your history from? The Native Americans were conquered the Palestinians land was stolen. Great Britain had no right giving away land that didn't belong to them.

edit on 2013-11-14T20:55:25-06:00201311bpm3011pm2530 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

Palestinian land stolen? The land did not belong to those refugees you call 'palestinians' either!
edit on 2013-11-14T20:57:42-06:00201311bpm3011pm4230 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

Seeing how their are families that have lived there for generations the land does belong to them. Unlike a bunch of Europeans that claims the land belongs to them because God said so. Who would be so stupid as to believe that?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

FlyersFan

buster2010
The book doesn't say in what time period the story takes place. Just because a book is published this year that doesn't mean the story in it is also takes place this year. Had you ever done reading you would know this.

OMG that's seriously LAME.

- The characters in the book didn't go into a wayback machine and get transferred back 100 years.
- 'Had I ever done reading' ... really? That goes beyond silly and into the region of really pathetic.

You are so simple. You can tell the time period by the style of clothing they are wearing.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

FlyersFan

buster2010

jjkenobi

buster2010
Funny she doesn't mention that Palestine isn't on the map either and it's right next door. I wonder why?

Israel is a country. Palestine is not. It's pretty simple.

Wrong the UN does recognize Palestine as a state.

No it doesn't. I gave the list of countries recognized by the United Nations.
Palestine is not a sovereign country according to the UN.
(See previous post)

2012 United Nations observer state status

On Thursday, November 29, 2012, in a 138-9 vote (with 41 abstentions and 5 absences), General Assembly resolution 67/19 passed, upgrading Palestine to "non-member observer state" status in the United Nations. The new status equates Palestine's with that of the Holy See. Switzerland was also a non-member observer state until 2002.The change in status was described by The Independent as "de facto recognition of the sovereign state of Palestine".

The UN has, after the resolution was passed, permitted Palestine to title its representative office to the UN as 'The Permanent Observer Mission of the State of Palestine to the United Nations', seen by many as a reflexion of the UN's de facto recognition of the State of Palestine's sovereignty, and Palestine has started to re-title its name accordingly on postal stamps, official documents and passports. The Palestinian authorities have also instructed its diplomats to officially represent 'The State of Palestine', as opposed to the 'Palestine National Authority'. On 17 December 2012, UN Chief of Protocol Yeocheol Yoon decided that 'the designation of "State of Palestine" shall be used by the Secretariat in all official United Nations documents'.

Guess you Israeli supporters need to learn how to use a search engine properly.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

buster2010
You are so simple. You can tell the time period by the style of clothing they are wearing.

Oh please ... that's seriously lame. Now you are just grasping at straws ...
(most likely for the next strawman you build )

buster2010
Guess you Israeli supporters need to learn how to use a search engine properly.

I guess you hate-isreal-no-matter-what people need to learn how to read.
'non member observer state' is NOT the same as declaring a sovereign nation.

Official Countries of the World - Listed by the United Nations
Israel is there. Founded again in 1949.
There is no country of Palestine. None.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

buster2010

combatmaster

buster2010
reply to post by tanda7

I completely understand that Palestine does not exist as a nation just like whatever the native Americans called their territory no longer exist as a nation. They were conquered.

Where do you get your history from? The Native Americans were conquered the Palestinians land was stolen. Great Britain had no right giving away land that didn't belong to them.

edit on 2013-11-14T20:55:25-06:00201311bpm3011pm2530 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

Palestinian land stolen? The land did not belong to those refugees you call 'palestinians' either!
edit on 2013-11-14T20:57:42-06:00201311bpm3011pm4230 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

Seeing how their are families that have lived there for generations the land does belong to them. Unlike a bunch of Europeans that claims the land belongs to them because God said so. Who would be so stupid as to believe that?

Non unlike the palestinian issue, these so called 'Europeans' you speak of, are actually the descendants of Jewish refugees that were expelled from Zion thousands of years ago.
After many years of pogroms, inquisitions, and of course, the holocaust, these refugees decided to return to the land that they were once expelled from.

Why dont the palestinians return to their land of origin?

I agree with you buster, about the fact that there are arab families that have lived there for generations, but this is only a small minority out of the whole 'palestinian' population and they are not claiming what the majority of palestinians are. If you have ever visited Israel you would have realized that there are Arabs everywhere undiscriminated upon and their culture flourishes over anything that could be called Israeli culture.

If those descendants of mostly Jordanian refugees have claim to Israel/Zion. Then the descendants of the Jewish victims of the holocaust and russian pogroms have claim to Germany/Russia and all the assets and land they owned there!

The Jews have been in the palestinians' shoes far longer (2000 years actually). Hence, any claim the palestinians hold, the Jews hold twenty-fold!

edit on 2013-11-15T09:37:19-06:00201311bam3011am1930 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

All these "Palestine has never and does not exist" people need to get their heads out of the sand...

Corruption Exposed
I have seen a lot of members claim that Palestine never existed and that the Palestinians are a made up people. Newt Gingrich seems to believe this as well.

I disagree, I even came across a reference to Palestine from 1920's pop culture.

If Palestine is made up, then who is Lena from Palesteena?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Corruption Exposed
I recently authored this thread due to Newt's recent comments claiming that the Palestinian people are invented and don't really exist. I have always thought that it is very ignorant to believe this.

I felt that some of these pictures and videos deserved their own thread since I didn't want this information to get buried in the other thread. There is way too much evidence that indicates Palestine exists to deny it's existence. The Palestinian people are very real and are not made up. The world will always know this regardless of all the propaganda that's presented to the people of the world.

This picture comes courtesy of The Professional. Thanks again BTW!

There is plenty of other evidence supporting my stance on this issue. Palestine existed and still exists even though it's almost gone.

Does anyone still think that Palestinians are a made up people?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

OK Palestine does not exist...puts head in sand...

Where the # is the thumbs down button?
edit on 11/15/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Maybe you missed my post on page three, so I'll quote it again, for simplicities sake.

Actually, as someone who has read several of the Geronimo and Thea Stilton books as I have young children, the books take place in current times. I haven't read this one in particular but have read maybe ten of them and they all take place current times.

I won't be reading anymore of the books though as I won't order another book from Scholastic. My kids can choose other books, there are millions of them.

Or maybe you didn't since you seem to ignore any post I make to you in any thread.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Corruption Exposed
reply to post by gladtobehere

OK Palestine does not exist...puts head in sand...

Where the # is the thumbs down button?
edit on 11/15/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

Not as a country, not anymore!

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

BitSlapper
But no one said anything about the fact that mice
can't talk and don''t wear clothes?

Lol so TRUE !
Parents who don't question the simple facts as
mice can't talk or do not wear clothes, yet are touchy about
details of a 'treasure map' well they have a few loose screws.

FlyersFan
- You don't understand the sociology and psychology of the area. Israel exists and yet many around them refuse to admit it. This would get rather annoying after a while. So the parents want to make sure the books reflect that their country does indeed exist. They want to be sure that the children aren't indoctrinated
(that's my psychology degree talking as well as me being a mom )

Idealist.
If you are annoyed that's your problem, don't make it into another war.
Garden of Eden also once existed, but it's not up to you
to claim to be self chosen.
We are all brothers and sisters you need to accept that.

FlyersFan
Israel is there. Founded again in 1949.

Created by the u.k colonists, just as a mad-scientist
created Frankenstein.
By the way,
The 'holy land' belongs to Christians, Muslims, Catholics, and those
who hold it as the birth place of the prophet Jesus, but it seems
that king Herod has been resurrected and doesn't want
to share the holy-land.
Catholic church slams Israel razing of its property

Jerusalem (AFP) - The head of the Roman Catholic church in the Holy Land protested Tuesday against Israel's demolition of a church-owned property

Mean while people of Palestine are true Semites, people of the books,
not just 'Muslim" : People of Palestine :

The Orthodox Church of Ramallah, an Orthodox Christian convent, Melkite Catholic Church, Evangelical Lutheran Church, Arab Episcopal (Anglican) Church, Ramallah Local Church (EvangelicalBorn Again) and Ramallah Baptist Church all operate schools in the city.[7] A large new church has been built on top of one of the highest hills of Ramallah, belonging to the Coptic Orthodox Church. A small group of Jehovah Witnesses are present in the area as well and others.

FlyersFan
If you get rid of Israel and it's 'atrocities' then you'll just have a bunch of Muslims The people living in that region ALWAYS need an 'enemy' to fight or be afraid of. It's the only thing that holds them together.

Stop your hate, it's really ugly.

Truth is the jews invented the monarchy system when they
joined with the Canaanites to over throw the 1rst nations people
of the 1rst laws.
It was done out of envy, revenge and hate.
And to this day jews still plot to keep their 'king ship'

Btw
Before israel ever gets recognized, the jews
need to apologize and give recognition for the horrendous
slavery/genocide done by Julius Popper against
the Selk'nam people, that the jewish colonialist killed into extinction.
Pay restitution $ $ $ for the jewish slave trade in Suriname too.
Julius_Popper
jewish slavery
jewish slavetrade

This is NOT what people who follow the 'book' do.
Yet there's complaining about a children's' fiction book with
talking mice ?
. . . I've lost all respect for the jewish culture.

edit on 16/11/13 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

Thanks for a good contribution, how anyone who isn't a Mom with a psychology degree can hold such a clear view of the situation is beyond my comprehension, yet you make use of someone's witless drivel to make sound points -- silk purse from sow's ear, so to speak.

If FlyersFan had not proved herself unworthy of my reading list some time ago, I might have responded in similar vein, but now, when her posts scroll up, I look at the screen, then at my bookshelf full of good reading, and the choice becomes very clear.
I simply scroll on.

I wonder if you would agree that Zionist culture, rather than Jewish culture is the source of your disappointment ?
After all, the list of famous Jews is impressive, and if we were to dismiss the contributions of Marx and Spinoza to the field of Philosophy, then there would be serious danger of the philosophers of the world going on strike !
Then where would we be ?

mistersmith.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah I get your point that muslim countries have a agenda to brainwash their children to think that israel does not exist. But what the Figglesticks does that have to do with this thread which is about a book written and published not in a muslim country, about a talking mouse who thinks he's indiana jones on vacation in egypt looking for ancient ruins...and in said book their is no mention of isreal. and how although nobody took offense to it somehow somewhere there was somebody who would use this as an opportunity to further their own agenda....whatever that may be...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join