It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestine Exists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+63 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have seen a lot of members claim that Palestine never existed and that the Palestinians are a made up people. Newt Gingrich seems to believe this as well.

I disagree, I even came across a reference to Palestine from 1920's pop culture.

If Palestine is made up, then who is Lena from Palesteena?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Someone beat you to it, and posted about 40 seconds before you. Sorry

+55 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MahmoudAhmadinejad

LOL yeah I saw it, I posted on the other thread.

I guess this thread just wasn't meant to be

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Hey Corruption Expos'd

'Palestina' was another Roman name given to the area from Lebanon to the Negev over as far as present day Jordan after the 2nd Failed Jewish revolt against Rome under ANOTHER armed Daviddic Messiah-leader Bar-Kosiba (aka BarKokhba) in 136 CE (100 years AFTER the OTHER Daviddic Messiah leader R. Yehoshua bar Yosef the Galilean Nazir (BCE 12 - 36 CE) led an armed revolt against Rome at Passover in 36 CE - at the 100th anniversary of the Roman invasion of Jerusalem by General Pompey (c. 63 BCE) - and well, look how that turned out...

The Romans derived the name PALESTINA from FILISTIN i.e. 'philistia'.

The Palestinian people call themselves FILISTIN, i.e. Philistines - and seem to-day still to be partially racially descended from the Filistine's of the 'Hebrew Bible' - a group of sea faring (originally non-shemitic i.e. Hellenistic) peoples who came by boat escaping from the Greek islands around the Minoan islands after the eruption of the volcano Thera in c. 1620 BCE - you can tell from their pottery they were originally Minoan Greek-related.

Later their 'Minoan' or possibly 'Mycenian' racial blood-groups began to get inbred-racially-mixed in with the local Cannanite Shemitic Arabic peoples (e.g. the Amorites, the Jebusites, the Girga#es, the (non-shemitic) Hittites, Amalekites, Hiv vites etc.) but still held sway in their old Capitol of GAZA from c. 1400 BCE to at least 900 BCE - then (especially after c. 1000 BCE) slowly began racially to inter-breed (i.e. marry in with) the benei Yisro'el (aka the 'Yisroelites' of the Hebrew 'biible') who were oroginally Syrian-Amorite tent-dwelling nomadic highland invaders (c. 1100 - 721 BCE) who forced their way into 'Palestine' -

The benei Yisroel (now more or less extinct to-day, largely thanks to Rome in 70 CE who dispersed them abroad--again!) AND ALSO the local Canaanite-Filistin palestinian peoples then fuirther interbread with the Assyrian invaders (721 - 701 BCE) and later again with the Babylonian invaders (621 - 587 BCE) and later with the non-Shemitic Persian invaders (c. 531 - 331 BCE) and later with the Greek invaders (331-163 BCE) and later with the Roman invaders (63 BCE - 70 CE) -

The present day 'Palestinian people" still have racial haplotypes which show traces of pan-Arabic (Iraqi-Amorite) blood, Hellenistic-Greek, Anatolian-Turkish (i.e. Hittite), Yisroelite, Persian & (you guessed it !) the ancient Shemitic Judean stock - they are one of the few surviving haplotypes that encode a good deal of the genetic makeup of the original Judaeans (if one can speak of 'original' since they were invaded so often by gentiles, including non-shemitic ones like Persians !!)

Present day 'Sefardi' Jews also share a good deal of haplotype blood groupings with the modern Filistin - except that the Sefardi genotype was HEAVILLY interbred with the Berbers (north African and southern Spain) who converted to Judaeism between 72 and 1500 CE.

So why are Sefardim and Filistin still fighting each other, if they really are blood cousins with come common haplotypes - probably because the Hebrew scriptures especially the TORAH states emphatically 'to genocide (i.e. racially exterminate) the Amalekite from the land, sparing neither man, women, children or animals !!!

Sad, really....

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
They cannot claim to be children of The Light of Greece with eyes fixed on Mecca.

They need but turn towards the Light.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Are you freaking serious???

Palestine was an administrative REGION - not a "people". Any nomad moving in and out of the region would be coming in and out of Palestine. It doesn't mean there is a distinct people called "the Palestinians" now.

By 1920, 10% of the British Mandate for Palestine was Jewish. Which means 90% was Arab.

As Zuheir Mohsen said:

The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct Palestinian people to oppose Zionism.

For tactical reasons, Jordan, which is a sovereign state with defined borders, cannot raise claims to Haifa and Jaffa, while as a Palestinian, I can undoubtedly demand Haifa, Jaffa, Beer-Sheva and Jerusalem. However, the moment we reclaim our right to all of Palestine, we will not wait even a minute to unite Palestine and Jordan.

Link

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

*SNIP*

The Philistines came from the Greek Isles - Crete - and took their Aegean/Mycenaean culture with them. This is COMMON Knowledge.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Skyfloating because: Snipped for Civility and Decorum

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

The people of Palastine like other people of the earth deserve to belong to a nation....

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

And what about the Jews? Who meet the 3 criteria of anthropologists and sociologists: a unique language, culture and religion..They don't deserve freedom from the hell that the nations of the west have put them through?

What is unique and so different about the Palestinian Arabs? Arabic? Islam? A different culture?

Read the quote above. That quote got Zuheir Mohsen killed. He made a mistake speaking leaking the truth to a Dutch magazine - a big no no for someone supposed to follow the rules for radicals handbook.
edit on 10-12-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Indeed because Israel did not exist before 1948. In terms of sovereign nations, etc., Modern Israel is NOT the same as ancient Israel. Modern Israel simply did not exist.

So I am having a problem seeing how they can make any more claim for "existance" than the people that happened to be there when their land was taken from them?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Just as the Jewish people of Israel.

See what I did there? See how this gets us no where?

Soo.. If Palistine claims Israel, then they will claim Jordan too... Hmm Guess that gives Jordan a reason to fight against this movement as well as Israel.

How is this any diffrent than what the Jews believe about the land they live in today? How is it justified on one side, yet not the other?

Just a note... I addressed two diffrent posters in one post, I forgot to quote the other. Sorry for the confusion.
edit on 10-12-2011 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

sssooo
that makes those that think they a have a right to just steal the land using the exucuse Palistinians didn't exist
guilty of what they are accusing the Palistians of...?

if the palisitinians didn't exist because there is no "Palistien"
then how could Jews exist if there is no Jewistien?

ahhhh
so thats the so called big "BIG LIE"

if there was no Palistien how come they call them PALISTIN(d)IANS in the first place?

Of course they say that the Palistinians are the ACTUAL GENETIC DECENDANTS of the Biblical Hebrews
not the ashcanazi pretenders...they should go to their home land and settle there...in ashcaNAZI stan

No wonder BBs shrink slashed up..he was probably a good man
edit on 10-12-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2011 by Danbones because: Grammer spelling

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Palestinian Passport under the British mandate, nuff said:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

you da sherrif
star

MAPS
Palestine under the British Mandate 1923-48
www.passia.org...
edit on 10-12-2011 by Danbones because: added map link

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
As a counter to those who think a debate is just to insult the OP...

The present-day Palestinians’ ancestral heritage
“But all these [different peoples who had come into Canaan] were additions,
sprigs grafted onto the parent tree…And that parent tree was Canaanite…
[The Arab invaders of the 7th century A.D.] made Moslem converts of the
natives, settled down as residents, and intermarried with them, with the result
that all are now so completely Arabized that we can’t tell where the Canaanites
leave off and the Arabs begin.” Ilene Beatty, “Arab and Jew in the Land of Canaan.”...

...The Jewish kingdoms were only one of many periods in ancient Palestine
“The extended kingdoms of David and Solomon, on which the Zionists
base their territorial demands, endured for only about 73 years…Then it fell
apart…[Even] if we allow independence to the entire life of the ancient Jewish
kingdoms, from David’s conquest of Canaan in 1000 B.C. to the wiping out of
Judah in 586 B.C., we arrive at [only] a 414-year Jewish rule.” Ilene Beatty,
“Arab and Jew in the Land of Canaan.”

www.ifamericaknew.org...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Thanks for stopping by guys
I thought this thread had died.

Thanks for the contributions The Proffesional and Dan. I find it insulting that people deny Palestine ever existing.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

HAHAHA......

I should start posting the very many quotes i've culled from 'rules for radicals', because almost everyone of you "SNIP" use it..

How does a passport from an administrative region which the British controlled, prove the existence of a Palestinian people, indistinguishable from Arabs living in Syria, or Lebanon, or Egypt??

In Eastern Europe, for instance, there are nation states which are formed by peoples who speak a distinctive language, with their own unique culture. In Romania, they speak Romanian, and they have a distinct Romanian culture. Likewise, in Serbia, in Bulgaria, in Poland, in the Czech Republic. These are authentic peoples with authentic differences...

What are the authentic differences of the Palestinians, from, the above farcical British and French created nation states stated above? Do they speak a different form of Arabic? Or follow a different brand of Islam? Or possess a unique culture, in accord with the arbitrary boundaries set by the British???

Of course not! This is a ludicrous question.

I wonder how many of you are here for no other purpose but to serve your idiotic radical liberal agenda.
edit on 12/11/2011 by benevolent tyrant because: MOD EDIT to delete condescending expletive.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Newt is always so full of surprises

Gingrich Stands by 'Invented' People Remark

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I wonder how many of you are here for no other purpose but to serve your idiotic radical liberal agenda.

What makes you think Im liberal? I am actually right wing libertarian. Personal insults and name calling and you dont have any evidence to disprove what I said. Typical arguments of those people who do not understand.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I don't have any evidence??

Do you know what your using as "evidence" for Palestinians being a "people"? A Palestinian Passport. That's akin to holding up an Ontario drivers license and saying "See, there's a distinct Ontario people, with a unique cultural identity".

It proves nothing, at all. It merely shows that, yes, there is such a administrative district called "Palestine", just as their is a Canadian province called Ontario.

Do you even know the history of the region? Palestine is an idea resurrected by the British, echoing the Roman falsification 1800 years earlier, when Hadrian, in his anger and disdain for the Jewish people, renamed the province of Judea to "Palestina", after the Biblical nemesis of the Israelites - the Philistines.

At no point, EVER, was their a continuity between the Philistines, who were an Aegean Greek sea people, and the Arabs who invaded the Levant in the the late 7th and early 8th centuries, which todays Palestines trace their ancestry to. These are two, entirely different groups of people. In between them stands nearly 2 millenia of Jewish sovereignty in the land. After the destruction of the 2nd Temple, and the subsequent dispersion of the Jews to the 4 corners of the world, to Spain, Morocco, France, Germany, Italy, Iran, Iraq etc, and following the internecine conflicts between Abbasid and Omayyad caliphates, and the battles of the middle ages between the European crusaders and the Muslims, through Ottoman rule, up until the British mandate, there has NEVER been a sovereign nation set up in the land.

As a matter of fact, if you know your history, the Arabs of whats called "Palestine""Jordan""Lebanon" and "Syria" fared far worse, and were dealing with much more excruciating living conditions, at the end of the ottoman caliphate, due to the increased centralization and heavy taxes imposes by Arab effendis on the locals. Truth is, when the Jews came, they brought prosperity with them. Of course, no one hears this side. Who cares, right??? The Jews brought investment, which brought jobs, and infrastructure, and improved standards of living. This of course was not meant for the Arab - but the Arab nonetheless came and invaded those areas of Jewish settled Palestine - the Tel Aviv/Jaffa/Haifa region, and cleverly took those jobs Jewish investment intended for the suffering Jews of eastern Europe and Russia (again, look up the history of that painful time in Jewish history)

How many massacres did the Arabs commit before the Jews did anything? How many times did these poor, defenseless, peace loving men and women get ravaged by mobs of Muslim men girded on by a warmongering imam and Sheik?

It is such a sad thing you people don't understand this issue in context. In context, the JEWS ARE RIGHT. End of case. Does the Israeli government act corruptly? yes. Does it bring bad press. Yes. Is that probably the intention of the gnostic-liberal, Israeli establishment? You bet your ass.

This is why I'm a religious Zionist. I am for the Jewish people. I am for their return to their native and spiritual land. If the Arabs don't like it - go to the 22 other States God gave you. You CANT HAVE EVERYTHING. You can't make claims to the Temple mount when it is merely your "3rd most holy site". It was built on the ashes of the Jewish temple, KNOWINGLY, and truly, that thing deserves to be destroyed. THAT is justice.
edit on 11-12-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join