It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public Revolts Against Obama & GOP Amnesty Efforts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
For one let me say that I'm glad to hear this. After the bag of lies that is obamacare can anyone really believe anything coming out of this presidents mouth? I don't think so. This mad drive by the administration to "reform" US immigration policies is a total lie to increase the democratic party base and help big business increase it's pool of cheap (slave) labor. Hopefully Americans won't fall for yet another scam.

Public Revolts Against Obama, Political Establishment's Amnesty Efforts

According to new national polling data from Pew Research, the American people have revolted against President Barack Obama’s and the GOP establishment’s efforts to grant amnesty to America’s at least 11 million illegal immigrants through comprehensive immigration reform.

Interesting to note the "GOP establishment" is also behind this travesty. Just goes to show they and the democrats are one and the same.

“Only about a third of the public (32%) approves of the job Obama is doing on immigration policy; 60% disapprove,” Pew wrote.

Obama’s immigration disapproval rating has skyrocketed as he has ramped up his efforts to lobby Congress for the passage of an amnesty—particularly the Senate’s “Gang of Eight” immigration bill.

As the American people have learned more and more about the Gang of Eight bill and the effects which amnesty and a drastic influx of millions of new workers would have on the hurting economy, they have grown more and more outraged with what Washington, D.C.

Over the next several months, the Obama administration worked with the Senate Democrats and a handful of Senate Republicans to develop the more-than-thousand-page-long Gang of Eight bill. The administration helped Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid rush the bill to the floor with hardly any substantive review from members, staffers, the media, and the American people.

Here is a big part of the problem, these d-bags scramble some crappy laws together and try to jam them through just because they think it will benefit them. No review, no thought of consequences it's pathetic. Reminds you of Nancy Pelosi's statement on obamacare that "We have to pass it to see what's in it." We've seen how well that worked out and they want to do it again?

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Legal immigrants? Cool.

Giving amnesty to a bunch of people who felt they should just be able to walk over our border and do whatever they like including protest using the flags of their native countries instead of our own? Not cool.

I understand that their own countries are a mess, but they should do the hard work to fix them, not come here and act like Californians tend to when they move to other states. Namely, vote for the same kinds of policies that made their homes such crap holes to begin with. This, incidentally, is why everyone wants to give them amnesty - large block of people who will work for nothing and vote for serfdom.

The rest of us, whether you are for or against big government, will be screwed.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The things Congress and the White House won't try to pull is astounding. They don't seem to care if everybody else were against something, if they want it they will vote for it. I find this trend extremely worrisome because what does it mean when politicians don't care about their numbers or re-election? What the hell is coming down the pipe to make those things irrelevant?

Americans are fed up with having to obey a zillion different laws many of which seem to exist for no other purpose than to aggravate us or nickel and dime us dry while the very rich and those who cross the border illegally seem to get away with everything. Why confer advantages on them that your own citizens don't have? Nothing like equality under the law exists and we all know it. This is just more evidence they intend to widen the gap as much as possible.

Eta: That 11 million number may well be low and the final count once you add in the family members currently not in the US could shoot over 30 million. It's not like Hispanics are well known for having small families)
edit on 11-11-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
The things Congress and the White House won't try to pull is astounding. They don't seem to care if everybody else were against something, if they want it they will vote for it. I find this trend extremely worrisome because what does it mean when politicians don't care about their numbers or re-election? What the hell is coming down the pipe to make those things irrelevant?

Americans are fed up with having to obey a zillion different laws many of which seem to exist for no other purpose than to aggravate us or nickel and dime us dry while the very rich and those who cross the border illegally seem to get away with everything.

Even the WSJ article about trying to tally the number of laws indicated that "You will have died and resurrected three times," and still be trying to figure out the answer." Now with Holders DOJ picking and choosing which laws to enforce we have a situation of rampant abuse.

Eta: That 11 million number may well be low and the final count once you add in the family members currently not in the US could shoot over 30 million. It's not like Hispanics are well known for having small families)

Agreed. I've always doubted "official" government propaganda, er... I mean numbers. Back in the 60's the population of the US was a bit over 150 million. To reach the figure we have today would have meant families would have to have 4 children each. Granted we had millions of legal immigrants which is fine but if we judge illegal immigrant figures by the same lies we are told about inflation and job numbers we are probably closer to 50 million illegals.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

ketsuko
Legal immigrants? Cool.

Giving amnesty to a bunch of people who felt they should just be able to walk over our border and do whatever they like including protest using the flags of their native countries instead of our own? Not cool.

I understand that their own countries are a mess, but they should do the hard work to fix them, not come here and act like Californians tend to when they move to other states. Namely, vote for the same kinds of policies that made their homes such crap holes to begin with. This, incidentally, is why everyone wants to give them amnesty - large block of people who will work for nothing and vote for serfdom.

The rest of us, whether you are for or against big government, will be screwed.

Do you know anything about this bill? This is amnesty for people who were brought here as children and grew up here not people who just walk across the border.

If people look at this and think that this will increase the Dems voter base ask yourself did it increase the GOP voter base when Reagan gave blanket amnesty to all illegals.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I wonder what will happen when you let millions upon millions of people into a country that is on the verge of collapse.........This was planned good readers just like the influx of Muslims in Europe they wanted the tipping points to be reached.

The question we have to ask ourselves is why.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I see.

So if I steal something from my neighbor and give it to my son, he should be allowed to keep it because he didn't have anything to do with it being stolen?

I'm sorry, but they still came here illegally.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

SubTruth
reply to post by Bassago

The question we have to ask ourselves is why.

The only logical answer is that middle class citizens are not beneficial to the upper classes and wealthy. Simply put the middle class is taking to big a piece of the pie and must be eliminated. Whether that wealthy class is simply the rich, the political elite, multinational corporations or all of them remains to be determined. Probably collusion of them all but proving it or better yet stopping it will be very difficult.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The title is misleading as is the interpritation of the poll. The Poll showing people are not happy with Obama's and the GOPs handling of immigration is not because they oppose it but, because it is not happening fast enough. Notice the biased site declares it is because people are against the bill when the the poll has nothing to do with it. In fact the polls just from last week that ask if people supported a path way for children to citizenship (termed amnesty by some) has a 71% approval rating. These are the polls that have the GOP all running around trying to get their ducks in a row to pass it and try and salvage the 2014 elections because they show key battle ground states in favor. The failure to pass it is now reflecting poorly on both parties. I expect both parties will be rushing to be the one to reform the most over the next couple of months to get ready for the next election battle.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

This is not about Obama being a POTUS any more, he and the people who installed him could care less about poles. I have no doubt that liberal base know exactly what to say when they are poled, poles are a ruse for those of us that still believe we have a functional political system.

The 11+ million illegals and all there family members they will bring over are not here for work anymore, they have been shown the way to retirement on the tax payer dime and they are well informed as to who to keep in power if they want it to stay that way.

2014 elections will be an eye opener for those that think we are still a country of free people and if we make it to 2016 we will see the election of a woman that makes Obama look like a boy scout, game over.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I stand corrected. Some would have thought my number were high. I was being conservative.

. Under current law, we will provide approximately 10 million grants of permanent residency (green cards) over the next decade. Under the Senate bill, that number will triple to more than 30 million.

www.breitbart.com...

Your estimate of 50+ million would probably be closer to correct than mine. Were this legislation to go through Hispanics would not only be the largest demographic In the US by 2050 as currently estimated but would move that up to a year much closer to present, say 2025.

Who gave Congress the power to change over the demographic of an entire nation? This is not to disparage Hispanics, their culture and citizenship is as valuable to our country as any. Flooding the country with immigrants from anywhere on the planet can only depress wages and make it harder to find jobs, including Hispanics already living in the US.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Bassago

“Only about a third of the public (32%) approves of the job Obama is doing on immigration policy; 60% disapprove,” Pew wrote.

Obama’s immigration disapproval rating has skyrocketed as he has ramped up his efforts to lobby Congress for the passage of an amnesty—particularly the Senate’s “Gang of Eight” immigration bill.

This is what you get when you use Briebart as a source.

You are confusing correlation with causation.

"Disapproving" on how the President is doing on "Immigration Policy" is not the same as opposing "Amnesty"...nor is "Amnesty" in the sense of what Reagan and Bush did...what Obama is proposing.

It's like saying that 90% disapprove of Congress, so 90% must oppose each policy Congress proposes.

The 60% that are unhappy with Pres. Obama's immigration policy include people that think he is too tough on immigrants...people that are frustrated amnesty hasn't happened etc.

Correlation vs. Causation in the stat...aka...BS stupid people.
edit on 11-11-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Where was this to vote on? I will guarantee every single person reading this post that number is not this high! I wish they would send out a vote just like a stimulus packet, this way you can get a REAL number....It would disappoint our current leaders I think.....

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Indigo5

This is what you get when you use Briebart as a source.

You are confusing correlation with causation.

"Disapproving" on how the President is doing on "Immigration Policy" is not the same as opposing "Amnesty"...nor is "Amnesty" in the sense of what Reagan and Bush did...what Obama is proposing.

The 60% that are unhappy with Pres. Obama's immigration policy include people that think he is too tough on immigrants...people that are frustrated amnesty hasn't happened etc.

Oh you're right, let me hop over to MSNBC or CNN and see what they say. Wait I can't because it's not pro-Obama and therefore must be racist. Never mind.

As far as causation I think it's pretty clear who's behind this immigration "reform" push or shall we call it as it is. Amnesty for illegal aliens who wrongfully crossed our borders. Sponsored by the democrats and RINO republicans.

I'll be clear on how "disapproving" I am about this. No reform, no amnesty and send them all back to whatever country they came from.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Bassago

I'll be clear on how "disapproving" I am about this. No reform, no amnesty and send them all back to whatever country they came from.

No offense...But why should I care about your disapproval??

Your OP claimed the PUBLIC was "revolting"?

BS...Your OP conflated correlation with causation.

Lets look at a question that actually polled amnesty?

88% Approve.
www.gallup.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

ketsuko
Legal immigrants? Cool.

Ironic given the US was formed by immigration of all and sundry at a time when passports were not required and if you arrived you could stay!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Ah, a member of the world without borders camp I see.

There is a reason why a people who are wishing to retain a cultural identity propagates and maintains a coherent immigration policy and border control. Ask my husband, as a Native American, he'd tell you what happens when you don't, and yes, he is also for coherent immigration policy because he is American now.

It's not that immigration is bad at all, but if you don't maintain a stable rate and assimilate your immigrants, you will lose your own culture. And what made you unique and worth coming to in the first place will be swamped by the culture of the place they left.

If they don't like the countries they came from (and clearly they don't or they wouldn't be coming here), they should be trying to become the type of person with the type of values that makes this country the place they wanted to come to. So, why do you see so many foreign flags flying over the protests they have where they demand we give them everything? It surely can't be because they feel so American, and why is it such an insult for students to wear American gear to school on Cinco de Mayo, for example? Surely that fine if they're coming here to be Americans, too?

But see, these attitudes are the ones that need to go by the wayside. I don't expect them to forget where they came from or cease to honor their heritage at all. We still look back to our roots in my family, but we are Americans first.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Interesting poll so thanks for that. As far as my opinion on immigration I'm a citizen of the US, doesn't it count what I think as well? Most of the poll focused on immigration, not illegals except for your one point which is valid to be sure.

So I'll ask you, hasn't America been flooded with immigration since 1965? Do we really need to legalize the status of people whose first act here was to break the law entering our country? I think not but we apparently have differing views on peoples character and the targeted leniency of our laws. When that fails then just change the law right?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

First let me say I am a veteran, and an independent. I did not vote for Obama but as commander i respect anyone who is president. In reality a veteran in my mind are the only ones who really have the right to complain about their government. Unless you actually serve the people in some way, what gives you the right to whine. Oh you were born with it you say Hmmm. What else were you born with.

I guess I just get sick of every day it is another bash Obama fest or bash the government fest. Not once is it ever a positive thread or even comments. Are we really all that miserable lol. First off the so called administration does not make laws, it can't. This is congress job, so you want to complain that is the place to start

Second, instead of bit#$ing why not do something. How many have actually talked to their representatives, mailed them. Have you started petition drives towards your goals. Have you marched. Most important did you vote. How can you complain if you don't vote. You shouldn't, instead of being part of the solution you're the problem. If you have done those things by all means continue.

Sorry, this is my day and just thought I might read something uplifting or good about my country and her veterans. I love this country and I believe it is the best place in the world. As for immigration, well you can't blame them for wanting to come, they should do it legally. All those here should get back in line period. You don't get rewarded for breaking the law in this country.

We should build a fence, an electric one. The ancient Chinese built a giant wall and we can't build a fence. Give me a break. Some will find this harsh but I would even consider mining the border. You have to secure the border period. To talk about doing anything without first securing the border is just ignorance.

The Bot

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Bassago

So I'll ask you, hasn't America been flooded with immigration since 1965?

You mean since the 17th century?

We are and have always been a melting pot. Every generation complains that the current "Immigrants" are not assimilating and they are stealing jobs.

Same as it ever was...And the irony has always been that from the melting pot emerges an alloy stronger than steel. Our diversity is what makes America great.

IRISH

ASIANS

ITALIANS

edit on 11-11-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join