It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public Revolts Against Obama & GOP Amnesty Efforts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

And the irony has always been that from the melting pot emerges an alloy stronger than steel. Our diversity is what makes America great.

Yeah just look at our steel-like strength now. I'm all for legal immigration for diversity and strengthening our country. I am not for turning a blind eye to illegals.

The democrats and republicans have allowed us to be buried under illegal aliens. The nod goes to Reagan first and now this new "amnesty" madness under Obama. They could give a rats a$$ about people, this is all manipulation for specific benefits. For dems it's increasing a voting bloc, for reps it's pandering to big business by flooding the work force with cheap labor.

Edit to add - Regardless of the polls it looks like some politicians are not so willing to embrace this idea publicly. Wonder why if so many people "support" immigration reform.

Even moderates in the GOP like New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie are running scared from comprehensive immigration reform, knowing that such a plan is politically devastating for any of them.

Christie's approach makes perfect sense after what happened to Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)—who has since effectively withdrawn his support for the Senate's "Gang of Eight" immigration bill of which he was the lead cosponsor—in polling data and what is starting to happen to House Budget Committee chairman Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI).Source

Guess it's not so popular after all.
edit on 040pm0303pm52013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Indigo5

Lets look at a question that actually polled amnesty?

88% Approve.
www.gallup.com...

That didn't poll amnesty, 88% were in favor making illegal immigrants learn English, pay taxes and meet other requirements If it were part of legislation dealing with immigration reform.
Around 80% also favored tightening border controls and enforcing immigration laws on the books.
Consistently more people either didn't care or were in favor of reducing immigration.

Data is nice to have.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Asktheanimals

Indigo5

88% Approve.
www.gallup.com...

That didn't poll amnesty, 88% were in favor making illegal immigrants learn English, pay taxes and meet other requirements If it were part of legislation dealing with immigration reform.
Around 80% also favored tightening border controls and enforcing immigration laws on the books.
Consistently more people either didn't care or were in favor of reducing immigration.

Data is nice to have.

In other words, assimilate!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Yeah i saw this the other day. The US can't afford amnesty, and we need to lock down our borders first. The borders need locked down for security sake, to prevent a massive run for our borders, and to protect our economy. Then we can talk illegal immigration.

Anyways, I just stopped by to support you.
edit on 11-11-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by buster2010

I see.

So if I steal something from my neighbor and give it to my son, he should be allowed to keep it because he didn't have anything to do with it being stolen?

I'm sorry, but they still came here illegally.

They took our jobz!

Sorry couldnt resist

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Let's send millions of illegal mexicans back to mexico. Let's give all those laborous field jobs to the unemployed americans.

If there is an inflation on fruit and produce i will kindly raise hell

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Doesn't the UK have it's own immigration problems (illegal or otherwise) due to EU policies? How's that open border working out for you?

From what I've read about it in the Guardian and Torygraph this is causing a bit of resentment, employment and housing issues.

Not to mention the Romanian and Bulgarian caravan parks setting up on your soccer fields.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

So... I'm a conservative white heterosexual married career professional male from Canada, if I illegally entered the US and took up residence, would I get amnesty? Or is this a one sided law that only applies to non-white PC liberal slackers that will in the future vote democrat as required, once Obama has created the Obama-nation?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Sorry you wouldn't stand a chance. The progressives would peg you as a conservative (Canada notwithstanding) and deport you.

Unless... you could make a really big donation to the DNC. That would probably save you. If it was big enough Obama might invite you to the White House for next Christmas and ask you to build his next web site.

edit on 273pm4646pm112013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Asktheanimals

Indigo5

88% Approve.
www.gallup.com...

Please don't BS ... I expect some posters to clarify the truth, not obfuscate or distort it.

The Question:

Allowing Illegal Immigrants already in the United States the opportunity to become US Citizens if they meet certain requirements over a period of time, including paying taxes and a penalty, passing a criminal background check and learning English

88% IN FAVOR
www.gallup.com...

THAT is what you are calling "Amnesty" ...NO ONE is PROPOSING DIFFERENT.

FROM THE WHITEHOUSE/PRESIDENT OBAMA

But for comprehensive immigration reform to work, it must be clear from the outset that there is a pathway to citizenship. We’ve got to lay out a path — a process that includes passing a background check, paying taxes, paying a penalty, learning English, and then going to the back of the line, behind all the folks who are trying to come here legally. That's only fair."

www.whitehouse.gov...

IDENTICAL

So...rather than the "Public Revolting" over the administration's immigration proposal ...88% are actually in favor!

This OP should be in the Hoax bin, not being propagated by a Mod.

Asktheanimals

And? You are falsely suggesting the two are mutually exclusive. They are not. Stricter enforcement combined with a pathway to citizenship.

edit on 12-11-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Guess we'll see in 2014 won't we. It's not for nothing republicans like Christie and Rubio have bailed on immigration reform including "amnesty." They know citizens are against it. In fact so against it that these republicans will do anything they can to distance themselves from the very idea.

As far as Rubio is concerned geez, he was even one of the original gang of 8. So as I said, we'll see how many Americans really approve of amnesty pretty quick. Immigration and Obamacare are going to be the two hammers that will flatten the progressives next election (if anything does.)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Indigo5

Asktheanimals

Indigo5

88% Approve.
www.gallup.com...

Please don't BS ... I expect some posters to clarify the truth, not obfuscate or distort it.

The Question:

Allowing Illegal Immigrants already in the United States the opportunity to become US Citizens if they meet certain requirements over a period of time, including paying taxes and a penalty, passing a criminal background check and learning English

88% IN FAVOR
www.gallup.com...

THAT is what you are calling "Amnesty" ...NO ONE is PROPOSING DIFFERENT.
than the "Public Revolting" over the administration's immigration proposal ...88% are actually in favor!

I'm not distorting anything.
You are leaving out what prefaces the question (that you claim supports amnesty)

[I]
Would you favor or oppose each of the following as part of legislation to address the problem of illegal immigration?

That is not showing support for amnesty but what steps they might want to include in legislation dealing with it.

The first 2 charts show every segment of society consistently wanting to lower levels of immigration. That doesn't equate to amnesty in any way shape or form.
edit on 12-11-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I will be generous and say that you are confused with what you are reading.

So 88% approve of amnesty as a component to address illegal immigration...Yet they don't approve of amnesty as part of reforming immigration?

You are OK with that logic?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

bobs_uruncle
reply to post by Bassago

So... I'm a conservative white heterosexual married career professional male from Canada, if I illegally entered the US and took up residence, would I get amnesty? Or is this a one sided law that only applies to non-white PC liberal slackers that will in the future vote democrat as required, once Obama has created the Obama-nation?

Cheers - Dave

Dave, since you're most likley white you would be welcome with open arms if you did what you said, were dealing Krokodil to jr high schoolers and running sex slavery shops.

If you weren't white, you'd be treated with the same disdain and scorn that we treat the hispanics.

Really.

Derek

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Viesczy

If you weren't white, you'd be treated with the same disdain and scorn that we treat the hispanics.

Riiiight.

The Obama Administration today announced a virtual amnesty-by-decree for hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens, whose deportations will be “indefinitely delayed”. In addition, Obama finally announced a jobs program – but for ILLEGAL ALIENS, not citizens – as those 300,000 illegals will also become eligible for “work permits“.

Source

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Viesczy

I was being facetious LOL. I am what I said, but it appears the amnesty edict from on high is geared towards people who would be expected to vote for more PC liberal crap due to the free ride. I was thoroughly expecting a reverse racism reason along with a no. I've seen it happen here in Canada where a well off Caucasian from England has taken 7 years to immigrate, but a non-Caucasian from England or Somalia, Pakistan, India, etc immigrates within months. You can hardly even mention white South Africans as refuges, external affairs almost spits on you. It seems like colonies like Canada and countries like the US and most in Europe are trying to deliberately implode.

Cheers - Dave

top topics

<< 1   >>

join