It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I were a prophet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I would never give a date and time about when events would occur. Not because I didn�t believe that what I was shown was true, but because any prediction that I have ever heard of has almost NEVER fallen on the date or time of when it was predicted to occur.

Also, the bible does say that no one will know when the end will occur. That many will try to predict but no one will have that information. I believe it warns us to beware of false prophets. Do these two statements of the bible go hand in hand?

If someone predicts an end of the world event and gives a time and date as to when it is going to occur, should we write them off as false prophets because according to the bible no one will know? Wouldn�t it be smarter for any one who is going to predict something NOT to give a date, knowing that if the prediction doesn�t occur on that date, then their credibility as a prophesier is gone?

Definition of
Prophecy:
a prediction of something to come
the function or vocation of a prophet; specifically : the inspired declaration of divine will and purpose

Am I way off here?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Sometimes people just have a feeling about something or some type of event, and go with their gut feeling.I wouldn't want to tempt fate if posible

P

[edit on 17-11-2004 by parker]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   
If I could see the future, if I knew the events which would occur, I don't think I would say anything at all. It is far more probable that ones mind just made up an event, created a day dream. I sure wouldn't want to risk my name on a possibility. There's just no way to be sure anything would happen at all.

Besides, how do these guys come up with dates and times anyhow? In these "visions" do they see a newspaper with a date on it as well as a clock? Or in fact do they just "know" it will happen at a specific time on a specific day?

Anyways, in reference to the Bible, I believe it says "if one tells of of events to come and these events don't take place, then I have no shown him the events. If they do take place, then I did show him" or something to that effect. It's a very vague description of who is a prophet and who is not.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I don't think that a real prophet would have a specific date in time. I know that people are given visions and that some people just know things that are going to occur. What I believe could happen is that this person tries to get the message out there to the public to forwarn them of the event and is pressured by us to give them a date and time. Think about it. What is the number one question that is asked when someone forsees a future event?
"when is it supposed to happen?"
If that person can't give us a date in time, what do most people tend to do?
We right it off as a hoax. Because that person doesn't have all the "facts".

We use the date in time as a validity of their prophecy, instead of using the information they have given us itself.

I'm more apt to believe someone who says an event is supposed to happen sometime in the near future then someone who narrows it down to a specific date. No one could or would be given that information.
I would believe someone who gave me specifics events that were going to occur previous to the main event. Sort of like markers or signs that the major event was comming. Like the Hopi prophacies. From what I've read, their is no specific Time given, just events that lead up to the major one. That is real to me. That is validating.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
There are different time zones. And in them the hour is different (which includes whether it's am or pm too), but the minutes are always the same. And in all that the date (mouth, day, and sometimes the year) is different depening on the time in the time zone concerning the international date line.

So the predictor (or forecaster) of an event should make it clear to the specifics to help others better understand. I mean, hey, they could be going by the time zone they're in or etc, you know?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
yeah i would do the same thing if i really was a real "prophet"

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I agree with you, the first thing that debunks a prophesy is when its timed and dated, as so many are. Everyone waits for the day wondering and nothing happens. Not that i want anything to happen
but why not give the prophesy and say its coming maybe within the next year?
Wouldnt that be the smart thing to do?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Yes, i see your point to a degree... But most predictions don't come down to a time that would make times zones come into effect. If they got that close I would have to believe. usually, (and i know someone will correct me if I am wrong) they are talking about time in terms of months or years.

And please, if you know of any predictions that came real close to the time they predicted it..let me know.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The thing is that no one really does know. Just because you had a vision doesn't necessarily mean it's right. I mean...how many people on ATS had a vision that actually came true? Pretty few, right?

If you have a vision, you are pretty skeptical, no matter what. Which means you don't actually know. Therefore, if you have a vision of the End, then most likely, it's true. ...That is, unless you're fabricating a story to get attention fron ATS.

-Chris

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I see your point. And agree. But knowing that if you were given a number within your vision, it could have a plethora of other meanings, would you automatically assume it is in correlation to a time the prophecy will occur in?
I wouldn't. Because 90 percent of the visions that people have are sporadic at best. usually you get bits and pieces of what is going to occur, not a whole picture. And if you are wrong about the time, you will be referred to as a false prophet.

I believe some people can foretell the future. I just don't believe that the vision would be clear enough that they would be given a date or year it would occur in. Which is justified by the amount of inaccurate time frames that have been given.

top topics

join