It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama denies ‘you can keep it’ videotaped promises

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
That is the thing. I have heard staunch defense for the law, but this is not about the law (so much; it is though in the context). This is about the President of the United States of America lying about lying then then proclaiming that isn't what he said.

I am sorry, that is just bull squeeze nonsense. The last president we had that tried to play this game and tried to weasel their way out, we at least impeached him. On that matter, no president has ever been removed by formal impeachment, but I digress.

Maybe we just do not care about lying anymore -- maybe campaign promises or even speeches about a championed law do not matter anymore. Maybe we can all just fall back onto partisan talking points and just live our lives believing that the "other" guy is just wanting to "get" the President.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

thesaneone
reply to post by Propulsion

Not going to happen.
One would think after three pages you would have at least one defender.

hmm maybe now we know who are the real shills on here.
edit on 5-11-2013 by thesaneone because: forgot how to count

As many are rubbing their hands and foaming at the mouth, they are unaware of the afflictions.

One obvious affliction I think, is the *Political Stockholm Syndrome*.

Very scary as we see tyranny accelerating, we also see blind support do or die.

The Democratic Party counts on a political version of the Stockholm Syndrome on most issues, for almost all of the debates in Washington revolve around “saving” the people from crises Democratic policies exposed them to in the first place. The way it usually works is that the Democrats create a program the federal government shouldn’t have established at all, the program inevitably fails, and then they rush in to “reform” it. Obama has talked about “education reform” in this way, as if his party had nothing to do with the failed policies and programs under discussion, as if he favors releasing children from unionized public schools with vouchers in hand.

The Obama-Stockholm Syndrome

Many Suffer From Political Stockholm Syndrome

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'm a healthy young man that doesn't even need health insurance, I would like the option to say no or at the least pay the cheapest plan I could find in case of an emergency but noooo, I have to pay a premium for that poop plan or else be fined. Personally, I would rather pay the fine as a sign of protest which is what I'm going to do.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rocktsar

Sadly healthy young men are what the Obama ACA wants right now to used as milking cows for the those with pre existing conditions so the big Insurance companies will not go bankrupted.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yeah, and I for one would like to meet the GENIUS that actually came up with the idea that made the numbers dependent upon young adults signing up for independent insurance. I mean, what kind of psychedelic drugs were they taking to have this scale of hallucination?? Seriously!! When I was young, buying insurance was NOT even on my list of things to do with my spare money.

edit on 11/6/2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

Sadly that is what is call the "socialized part of the ACA" they really don't care who they can gouge to pay for somebody else I guess gouging the productive class with taxes is not enough. And remember insurance needs their profits too.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I was thinking the same thing, they are only forcing this on everyone so as to supplement the nanny state. In that case we would all be served better to do away with the idea of insurance all together and fix the price gouging at hospitals. After all the whole idea behind insurance is the house has the numbers advantage and although I'm a blackjack dealer I never gamble.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

justreleased
He's a dirty rotten lying son of a [female dog].

You can't believe a damn thing that comes out of his mouth. It's the same with most politicians but I can't remember such baltant lies since President Clinton denied b*ning Monica. Aren't they both Dems? Coincidence?

I agree completely with you on your description of Obama, but saying you can't remember such blatant lies by a politician since President Clinton denied his liaison with Lewinsky? Seriously? How about Bush II's claiming that Iraq had WMDs and was in league with Al Qaeda, which led to the US invading Iraq? How about Bush II's claim that the US only wiretaps when it has a warrant? Those both seem to be far bigger deals than Clinton's lie.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

rocktsar
I'm a healthy young man that doesn't even need health insurance, I would like the option to say no or at the least pay the cheapest plan I could find in case of an emergency but noooo, I have to pay a premium for that poop plan or else be fined. Personally, I would rather pay the fine as a sign of protest which is what I'm going to do.

Under the Affordable Care Act rule of law, the IRS will only collect the penalty-tax if you have a fiscal year 2014 tax refund coming your way in 2015. It will be 1% of your income if you made over $9,500 in 2014. (2% in 2015 and 2.5% in 2016, going forward)

Other than that, there will be no other enforcement measures allowed, by law.
-cwm

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

I've heard up to 10% quite a few times, not sure how accurate that is. Either way, I don't want to pay into it and I don't demand to receive anything from it. Oh well, as long as you make foreign currency, it should be OK right?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
i'm losing my healthcare. i have an absolutely fabulous plan covering everything i need, and quite a few things that are unlikely, yet still possible.

i'm losing my healthcare plan because my current plan doesn't cover maternity leave. yes, that's right. i can't get pregnant, yet i need a new, more expensive healthcare plan for it.

i'm left with two practical choices: pay a crap ton of extra money for new insurance, or take the free ride.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

When Obama says we can " keep our handguns and hunting rifles" does anybody still believe him?
Obama also said that we can keep our crappy jobs, our crappy health insurance, our crappy guns and our crappy rights and our crappy freedoms and our crappy money. But maybe not, maybe they'll take them away and make us take something " better".
Wasn't it Obama that said that " bitter people cling to their doctors and health insurance"?
Obama is now losing the support of even the ignorant masses, all he has left are the authoritarians and the have nothings who are brand new to the country and anything they get is better than the nothing they had elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Four pages now and no Obamaphiles have come in here to call all of us racist for daring to say that the Emperor has no clothes. I would have thought someone would have claimed that it was Bush's fault that Obama lied to all of us.

My prediction? Chris Christie gets the Republican nomination for President, even though the growing amounts of Libertarian and TP voters do not want him, and he will win the election.

Then we will get 4 more years of Obama II.... or Bush III, whatever you prefer to call it.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

FlyersFan
I wonder if his non-stop lies have finally hit his 'approval rating' .
Gallup - Obama Approval at 39%
I don't understand how it can even be at 39%.

Isn't it amazing that he still has people who support and love him? Tells you a lot about the character of those 39%, whoever they are.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

ok thanks

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Hi xuenchen,

-- Key is, The Low Information Voters are quite content with being lied to. hussein soebarkah knows that.

-- Leftist news reporters are too eager to promulgate hussein's lies.

-- The "failure" of obamacare is intentional - it's part of hussein soetoro's "Plan for Us"
Blame the big bad insurance companies
Blame the Republican Party
Blame ordinary Americans
Blame the patients
Transition us to Full Socialized Medicine, Soviet style.

-- The Anti-American AARP was instrumental in getting obamacare passed, then they exempted their own employee staff.

-- Will the congress do anything about this? No, hell no, they will embrace full socialized medicine, Why?
Fear of hussein soetoro (alias obama)
Bribes
Blackmail
Corruption
Intimidation (Andrew Breitbart was poisoned)

-- Will pseudo conservative elected officials (Like John Cornyn) do anything about this? hell-NO!!! Same reasons as above.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Adonsa

I like that post, we have not seen the extend of what is in storage for us the tax payer yet, but is coming very soon after this mid term elections things are going to fall like a domino effect, the ACA will fail and the end result will be one payer system.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Ah yes. The classic redefinition. "I said YES, but yes is a complicated word. In this instance it actually means kinda but not really, with a twist of hell no." I came across this piece as well:

news.msn.com...

This piece is talking about the hidden costs to empty-nesters and childless married couples, like my wife and I. Thank God we have healthcare through our respective employers, but still this isn't good for loads of people. The best part? How people are starting to contemplate divorce to avoid the penalties. Another Trojan Horse method of destroying traditional marriage? Maybe not, but it still sucks. Check it out.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Anything hidden within 20,000 plus pages is not going to be good for the people it is simple logic. If it was good there would be spotlights shining on the hundred pages. It is beyond criminal to try to sell this scheme as anything but what it truly is ...another stake in the heart of freedom for our republic. Congress should be forced BY LAW to sign an affidavit for anything they vote on stating that they have read and understand the contents, and they understand that they will live under the laws like everyone else, then they could be held responsible for all their Fups.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JackSparrow17

Thank God we have healthcare through our respective employers,

You have it now....
What about next year when your plan changes... which is guaranteed to happen.... because of Obamacare!

Unless your healthcare plan is the result of a collective bargaining agreement (payoff to the Labor Unions for delivering votes), you are not grandfathered in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join