It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama denies ‘you can keep it’ videotaped promises

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Hmmmm....Seems this quote is appropiate:

Oh what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practise to deceive! --Sir Walter Scott 1808

edit on 11/5/2013 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Obama is the flip flop king. Never seen anyone lie like this guy. Listening to Alex Jones tonight and hes playing all the clips of him saying "If you like your health plan you can keep your health plan, period". As well as "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor, period". Hes done this from day one. I dunno if it's the tap water of what but people have such a short attention span they just forget about it or don't care about it. He knows exactly what hes doing that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

hebegbes
reply to post by justreleased

Aw, c'mon. It's not just the Dems. How about weapons of mass destruction.... remember that one?

Except can you provide a continued chain of appearances that the previous administration made to try and say they didn't really say that?

This one is 2 for 2 now: the "red line" issue and now this. I cannot recall any official coming out and saying "We didn't say that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, only that if we did nothing they would have had them"....besides, it has been proven that they had them, just not in the capacity that the administration portrayed. There is also a question on how much of the Syrian stockpile could be Iraqi....

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Is only one statement to his denial, is call dishonesty, yes Obama just shows how dishonest he is and guess what he doesn't care because he doesn't have to run for re election and he still have 3 more years to keep denying anything he does.

The true face of politicians this days, all of then happen to be dishonest among other things, now they don't have to hide it anymore.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I LOVE how not a SINGLE democrat or obama supporter has stepped forward in here and DEFENDED him...
They jumping ship?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

HomerinNC
I LOVE how not a SINGLE democrat or obama supporter has stepped forward in here and DEFENDED him...
They jumping ship?

I think many of them are trying to figure out where they stand right now....

Remember, grieving is a personal process that has no time limit, nor one “right” way to do it.

The 5 Stages of Loss and Grief

somewhere between 4 and 5 by now.

edit on Nov-05-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It is amazing. My brother and sister-in-law are full supporters of President Obama and this law. They are going with this notion that he never said what he said.

It was recorded, in black and white, for all to see; just like his "red-line" statement. If we accept this, but threw our arms up on a president lying about sex, what does that say about the People? Their representatives? Their Senators? Their Government?

I have gone to bat (scarcely) for the President but how can you defend a man who will lie about a lie just to save face? I am exact in my words and will call out others who try to weasel; he is lucky I am not an adviser because I would get fired day one calling this nonsense out.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

They are still trying to sign up on the website or figure out how they are going to make that monthly premium payment.

Hint: Drop internet, cable, cell phone, electric, water, trash and grocery bills for the month and you might be halfway there or better. Or you can always quit your job and the savings in gasoline might cover the rest of it...but then you would qualify for Medicaid maybe.
edit on 5-11-2013 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

justreleased
He's a dirty rotten lying son of a bitch.

You can't believe a damn thing that comes out of his mouth. It's the same with most politicians but I can't remember such baltant lies since President Clinton denied boning Monica. Aren't they both Dems? Coincidence?

Are you suggesting that Republican presidents are not prolific liars?

GHWB promised in the campaign: read my lips - no new taxes. Then he raised taxes.

The simple fact is that no man, regardless of party, can achieve the office of president unless he is a skilled liar.

The only president that I know of who could be trusted was Harry Truman.

(Truman was also a prophet. He said: the republicans like our democratic form of government so much they would like to buy it.)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Here is a little news flash...

How many of you know what Tricare Prime is? If you don't, Tricare Prime is the insurance for every retired military member. It cost about 565 per year with 12 dollar copayments. WELL, with Obamacare Tricare Prime went the way of the dodo bird and now it is called Tricare Standard that will run about 3k per year for basically the same service.

We all liked Tricare Prime, why can't we keep it?

edit on 5-11-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

leostokes

justreleased
He's a dirty rotten lying son of a bitch.

You can't believe a damn thing that comes out of his mouth. It's the same with most politicians but I can't remember such baltant lies since President Clinton denied boning Monica. Aren't they both Dems? Coincidence?

Are you suggesting that Republican presidents are not prolific liars?

GHWB promised in the campaign: read my lips - no new taxes. Then he raised taxes.

And he was voted out because of it -- because of a Press that did its job. No one is saying that the "other side" isn't liars. We know they are. I know you aren't making excuses, but it will serve as an excuse.

He (GHWB) was held accountable for his "lie" (which wasn't as bad as forcing people to insurance that the Government has deemed "worthy"); when will President Obama be held accountable for his?!

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Yes that is what my husband and I have, they already increased the premiums, lowered the standards and raise the co pays along with medications.

This was done when the government change providers, in October of 2012 some people in certain regions in the nation will no even be able to even used it due to availability of doctors that will take the plan.

And to think that it was to be another increase last march or may but it was halted in congress.

Eventually we will be paying a thousand dollar a month like most people under the ACA that can be mandated or taxed.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hebegbes

There were weapons of mass destruction, syria used them. even though those weapons were probably originaly sold to iraq by us.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
My question was why did anyone believe Obama in the first place.

The part about "any policy change" has been out there since before the blackmailing of Congress occurred putting this travesty into US code - I refuse to call it law as its blatantly against the gist of the Constitution and puhleeese don't bother with the Supremes who've been nullified by the NSA spying apparatus.

Obama reminded me of Clinton on steroids - promise anything to anybody and keep telling them what they want to hear no matter its cost, impracticality, legality or lack of Constitutional merit - wash, rinse and repeat.

You folks who voted in this inexperienced, inept and lying imposter are getting just rewards - told ya so long time ago, ya didn't listen then ya probably wont now.

Practice saying "all hail the great one" as he becomes everything you feared GWB could have been but didn't dictator wise.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

Soo true, and to think that I used to blast Bush on anything he did, calling him a dictators at the time, and many other names, Obama made Bush look like a teddy bear in comparison.

But do not forget also that the policies of Bush were the ones that made possible for the policies of today, Bush hated the constitution and went around of it with executive orders, now every other president can go around the constitution the same way, the door is open and nobody is going to close it again.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The biggest thing I have noticed is something called "Pretense"... Used to be anyone who was in the government, Military, or police, wanted to maintain the pretense of being honest and morally superior..

Man has that changed...

By losing this pretense there are more blatant examples of lies and abuse and it really is a dangerous precedence. Pretense actually made them cover their tracks better and try to multilayer their wrong doings.. Now it is more in your face and no one takes responsibility except to twist the English language to fit the story they want you to believe..

When I was young and someone got caught in a blatant lie they were basically ran out of the political town; or that was my perception. Only 8% of Obama's cabinet has ever worked in the private sector and yet they want to micro manage the economy. This helps to explain the incompetence of this administration: only 8% (I have been told) of them have ever worked in private business! These people are telling/advising the president on how our businessmen and Corporations should run their business?

How can this president stand and talk about business when he's never worked for one? Or about jobs when he has never really had one? And when it's the same for 92% of his senior staff and closest advisers?

They've spent most of their time in academia, Government and/or non-profit jobs or as "community organizers." They should have been building something.... Oh wait... Someone else built that... for this Administration that is one thing they told the truth about because I have not seen much of anything they have built only gobs and gobs of money thrown into failed policies ... Look into Solyndra and the other 30+ businesses that have cost us the tax payers, while others, who are politically connected made big bucks.. Did it go on before; no doubt but at least there was a pretense of doing right until they got caught... Clinton elevated the whole language twist thing to a new level and it has been all down hill ever since.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Can I see ONE (1) Obama supporter out there who still believes anything that comes out of this guy’s mouth?!?!

And please don’t derail and bring up bush! Isn’t going to work anymore!

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Not going to happen.
One would think after three pages you would have at least one defender.

hmm maybe now we know who are the real shills on here.
edit on 5-11-2013 by thesaneone because: forgot how to count

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

HomerinNC
They jumping ship?

Perhaps they've found the Value Penguin site? It shows what HealthCare.gov will not show on the front end. What the plans cost.

Go to: www.ValuePenguin.com... and click on your state to see just how horrific 2014 ObamaCare will be for the average person. No discrimination. Both Republicans and Democrats are screwed equally.
-cwm

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
President Obama is the best thing that has ever happened to the USA. The reason being is that he has single handedly been able to awaken the masses to the lies and deception of not only the government, but also of the corporations. Because all the laws being passed, such as the monsanto protection act, among many others.... Are all corporations showing their true power above the government.

Another thing Obama has done, is shown how obsolete the monetary system is, by raising the debt ceiling a number of times and racking up the debt more than 8 trillion in 4 years. That's more money than all of the previous presidents combined! He has shown the true colors of the federal reserve, he has shown how silly it is to work for our 50 dollar cell phone bills and 600 dollar rents, when they government just writes itself a 328 billion dollar check, that's created from nothing, and backed by nothing, and then asks us to pay our taxes on the money we earn, without ever paying a penny back to the actual debt. Instead, just waiting for the debt ceiling to be raised again.

Mr. President. THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU HAVE DONE.

Now its time the people stopped giving their power away to people that don't live from their heart, and don't see the greater good. It's time to say yes to the collapse. All those that say yes, will find each other when it does collapse, to help build a new way of life, based on the equality and well being of all. Because we're all one. It's time to stop being divided and enact E. Pluribus Unum. Out of many, one.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join