It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End this media-promoted, "kung-fu" madness!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

capoeira is awesome. i love it. i would love to see a demonstration in person sometime.
i could see how it would be very frustrating to spar with someone who represents capoeira.

cant wait to read what you have to say about bas rutten.
i love bas. he was a monster. he was lie a caged animal that was let out to play when he fought.
he seems like such a nice guy too. i have not really heard anyone speak badly of bas.
he was a pioneer of the sport. he was one of the first mainstream guys that was a serious advocate for cross training. he proved what it was like to be a well rounded fighter.
he has some serious power when he connects. i can not imagine what jason delucia felt like when bas laid that liver strike on him.

i was watching a video where they were at his gym in california and he was training with i think mark kerr and ricco rodriguez. i am not a ricco fan but he is/was no slouch.
anyway, he and bas were going kind of light, back and forth and bas connected and knocked him out. it was too funny.

he knew what he did right away though. as soon as it happened, before ricco was even all the way down bas was down there holding his head saying he was sorry.
he was just a beast.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Violence does not solve violence - it only extends it.

I just don't see the logic behind fighting against fights with even more fights. Just recently a very good martial art master here in Montreal resigned, because every students he taught became cocky and arrogant, and were just looking for fights. One of them even started challenging people to duals for no reason. When I listen to these accounts from fellow men, I don't see how martial arts will solve street fights; they will only extend them.

It's like fuelling both sides of a middle-eastern war with machine guns. Neither sides will stop, the war will simply go on. It's been 2,000 years now.

edit on 13-1-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Food for though, for those who think that fists are less violent than guns:

FBI: More People Killed with Fists & Hammers than Guns

new topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join