Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

End this media-promoted, "kung-fu" madness!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
End this media-promoted, "kung-fu" madness!

by John SkieSwanne

~

The use of a gun is currently under heavy debate because the bullet of a gun can break bones, damage organs, and thus have the potential to be lethal.

Kung-fu, along with many other martial "art", is also capable of all these things. Yet no one ever talks about this little detail.

I used to study Kung-fu, with a local master - then I got sickened by it all. I am fully aware of its capability. It is classified as martial "art", but it is no art. It is a bloody weapon, designed to inflict injuries. Are guns classified as "martial art"?

Tiger Style is oriented in training to grab the insides of one's targets. Snake Style often targets the neck, and in this style you also quickly learn how to break the neck by twisting the head of your target, a move which will of course kill your victim. But such tutorials are easier and easier to find. And these are only few of a long list of styles, which also includes Chen style, Okinawa, Wing-chung, Chin-na, etc.

There has been and still are efforts in Big Media to romanticize Kung-fu, so to widen its acceptance by our (already violence-prone) society, and this trend sickens me. Now they are basically teaching anyone who is interested (regardless if it's a kid, a normal adult or a psychopath) techniques to injure a fellow man or woman.

Guns (especially revolvers, which are often chosen over pistols because pistols tend to jam) have a limit of bullet, usually 5. There is virtually no limit to how many injuries a wannabe kung-fu practitioner (let alone skilled ones) can inflict to innocent victims. It is not unrealistic to realize that as more bullies learn martial "arts", more innocent people will be victims of bullying.

~

I firmly believe that martial "arts" and other forms of violence, including Kung-Fu, should be eliminated. For the sake of our kid's future. It's a weapon created by mankind to damage mankind. I sure wouldn't trust mankind with such a weapon.

The true battle is not in the amount of blood one spills, but in the very concepts which one lets take hold of one's action.

At Time's End,

Swan

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
so what you are saying is:"people don't kill people ...people do"
cool...

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

What? (puzzled)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Kung Fu is essentially slapping and hair pulling. Yes, highly romanticized in the movies but watch some really old footage from the 50s of kung fu competitions in China and it looks like a bunch of teenage girls trying to rip each others hair out.

Now maybe you could argue Wushu? But then again that is all done with weapons intended to maim or kill the opponent.

In fact, nearly all martial arts done with hand to hand combat are to disable the opponent, not kill them, as killing them is inefficient with the hands.

If you believe otherwise you've watched too much Kill Bill and truly believe the five finger exploding heart technique is real…

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

guns don't kill peolpe ...people do
no?
while we are at it lets get rid of steak knives too

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

boncho
In fact, nearly all martial arts done with hand to hand combat are to disable the opponent, not kill them

This is also true for guns. Most gun wounds are not lethal. yet guns are subject to severe regulations (at least in Canada).

Not only isnt' kung-fu regulated, it's actually heavily promoted to the masses.

edit on 4-11-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Danbones
reply to post by swanne

guns don't kill peolpe ...people do
no?
while we are at it lets get rid of steak knives too

And alcohol. That kills tons of people and destroys families as well.

It's too much to ask for people to have some "personal responsibility" these days I guess.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Alcohol... that's why there's things like AA to re-hab alcoholics.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

swanne

boncho
In fact, nearly all martial arts done with hand to hand combat are to disable the opponent, not kill them

This is also true for guns. Most gun wounds are not lethal. yet guns are subject to severe regulations (at least in Canada).

Not only isnt' kung-fu regulated, it's actually heavily promoted to the masses.

edit on 4-11-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

Very stupid argument. If you are trying to make a point about guns, make a point about guns. Saying the guys below are natural born killers is nonsense.

Oh, and here's one to test your logic, would you rather go in the ring with them, or someone with a 9mm? Which fight do you think you might walk away from.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
here is an interesting read

5 reasons Karate is useless

dysfunctionalparrot.com...

25 years in the bar biz and the stuff that works i learned from cops, mob enforcers, and bug house guards...and midget wrestlers
ie: scoolyard stuff that is now and always will be part of the fabric of humanity ...
edit on 4-11-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

boncho
Oh, and here's one to test your logic, would you rather go in the ring with them, or someone with a 9mm?

I would rather go with neither of them.

That's my point.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

avoiding violence because it really doesn't solve anything
( except when its might makes right I guess ) is commendable

sometimes you don't get a choice...
at least if you practiced martial arts at a school you ask a higher belt to be your stand in

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Man I'm with you on this one op. I too do martial arts. In my case Kali/ silat. Sometimes I have to sit down in the middle if training and repeat mantras to prevent my self from depressing myself. All they make me do in class is drill into me how to viciously hurt people. It makes me sick! I often wonder what kind of man my instructor is who would spend his time teaching others how to do this violent stuff. Does his adorable 4 year old know hat daddy is probably a assassin for some secret Asian triad. I'm not what he does yet but with his kind of knowledge he can't be using the martial arts for spiritual development. There Are no mirrors in the studio I train in lest the students scare themselves when they see themselves train. Also we are required to train with bags over our heads not so we learn to sense the opponents strikes but so that we don't see and scare each other when we are training.

But it sickens me that men like these are allowed to teach the weak and insecure to become psychotic lightning fast unstoppable mystical killers. This is why I never leave my house or go outside. To protect the public from me lest I snap and use my deadly silat. I'm actually thinking of calling the cops on myself and registering the Palms if my hands as leathal weapons. Wonder if during the weapons grabs to protect the public they'll take those away from me?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Please tell me this is a joke? If not I'll stand 50m away with a pistol, you can use your fists and we'll see who gets hit first.
edit on 4-11-2013 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

swanne

boncho
Oh, and here's one to test your logic, would you rather go in the ring with them, or someone with a 9mm?

I would rather go with neither of them.

That's my point.

Well, your point is moot. So is the author's of the article. Many martial arts, or grappling styles (which date back to Roman times) are not only a form of self control, but education and exercise. Plenty are nonsense, which kinda makes the article silly.

And most importantly, many are used to stop bullying in its tracks. And if it's not a martial art, it might be a push or a throw (judo?). Many bullies stop bullying after getting their clock cleaned. If you want to change something, you will have to change human nature. Because since we've been around, the weak have been getting picked on…

The idea with marital arts training, even boxing, is that you are supposed to keep it in the gym.

reply to post by BASSPLYR

Man I'm with you on this one op. I too do martial arts. In my case Kali/ silat. Sometimes I have to sit down in the middle if training and repeat mantras to prevent my self from...

D e a r …. g… o… d…

cannot

stop

laughing

Hurts to breath.

That was brilliant sir.
edit on 4-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

bastion
reply to post by swanne

Please tell me this is a joke? If not I'll stand 50m away with a pistol, you can use your fists and we'll see who gets hit first.
edit on 4-11-2013 by bastion because: (no reason given)

I won't be using a fist. I'll be using a shield.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

boncho
The idea with marital arts training, even boxing, is that you are supposed to keep it in the gym.

You know that many do not follow that rule.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

boncho
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Man I'm with you on this one op. I too do martial arts. In my case Kali/ silat. Sometimes I have to sit down in the middle if training and repeat mantras to prevent my self from...

D e a r …. g… o… d…

cannot

stop

laughing

Hurts to breath.

That was brilliant sir.

Obviously you never trained to know what it is like.

We actually know what it is like. BASSPLYR's description of the training is coherent with my own experience.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

swanne

boncho

You know that many do not follow that rule.

What rule? There are no rules for some people, which probably means they don't have the discipline to adhere to a regimen.

That's what's called natural fighters, or the naturally violent. Like Kimbo Slice,

Who tried his hand at MMA and got his ass handed to him fighting schleps. People that are naturally violent don't hang around in gyms trying to improve their skill, they beat up people weaker than them.

On the other hand, look at a disciplined family like the Gracies, whose techniques were technically rooted in from the "street", but the mindset they have revolutionized a form of martial arts. Coming from people that get up at 5 in the morning, do insane daily exercise programs, and have diets that are more strict than Muslim Ramadan.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.graciejiujitsudurham.com...

What the media needs to do about martial arts is properly educate people like yourself. That's about it…

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

boncho
What the media needs to do about martial arts is properly educate people like yourself. That's about it…

I doubt Fox news or any other big media is a proper source for education...

I already studied martial "art". that's why I made the thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join