It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Citizen.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I have one regret....every now and then they will do a ship sale with rare one time only ships....many expensive but everyone I have seen lately being sold on places like reddit etc have made around 3 4 times what they paid....they reckon some like the Scythe will be worth 1000% more when the PU launches....oh and people are paying for them.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Another over view of the game for anyone not in the know.

Lovely video btw all ingame vids are in game btw.
edit on 10-4-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yeah I seen one of those being sold for $250. It seems like after buying into the game, you still will have to continue to spend a lot of money to stay alive and compete?

I mean this is real money, not credits when going forward in the game? Cause it seems like if you're rich, you will have a major advantage over others who are not.

A $250 ship combined with buying the game, you could almost buy an XBOX or sweet video card. How much does life long insurance on a ship cost anyway? ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Every ship will be viable and you will be able to buy any ship with in game credits but this isn't going to be biggest ship = best this game is offering you a chance to do pretty much anything you want sandbox style.
Yes there are already Organizations running in with 100's of members who have clubbed together to buy the big capitol ships because they will go out find a spot in the universe and hold it.
Single players with big expensive ships still have to crew it be it NPC or player so one guy with a big expensive ship will not do well against a small pirate player fleet intending to disable, board and steal the big ship.
I understand people saying it is pay to win...but that is only if you have the mindset of biggest ship is winning.
A player in a single seat starter ship will still have fun carving a profession of his/her choice in the PU.
Insurance will be able to be bought every 6 months for peanuts they have said, they have said you will be able to make the cost in a few days in game.

I'm in a small org with only 10 members mostly starter ships and Cutlasses with a couple of decent fighters and we are planning on pirating/conning/ fake transport protection and all sorts.
After making enough credits who knows? I plan to roleplay my character and already have a few ideas to make the game fun...afterall we can pretty do what we want in SC.

Honstlt watch the video above the guy explains it much better than I.
edit on 10-4-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Oh and lifelong means that til you die.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Bit os a ship run down here.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
If they give me the ability to MAKE the money it COST
i´ll play...

And no... I mean REAL money...

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Miccey

Yeah cos all games do that....also no I want to play games for fun not for the chance to make it into a job.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miccey
If they give me the ability to MAKE the money it COST
i´ll play...

And no... I mean REAL money...

Actually yes, you will be able to do this. Much like Eve Online, if you build your empire, you will eventually make real world money.

But this will be after a hundred hours plus of actual game play and paying close attention.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Have they said that it is allowed?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Have they said that it is allowed?

Yes they have. It will be available to those who are CONTENT creators. For example, once you get to a certain point, they will allow you to take over a whole system and start creating things in game. Such as...armor factories or weapons depots etc.

Trade ships and routes and trade companies. You'll be able to create your own custom quests for other players to do for you, setting your own rewards based on what you want. You'll be able to build an entire empire and use other players as the people who run it, as opposed to NPC's.

They haven't released the exact details of how the payout mechanics work or anything, but they will be there eventually.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Damn, Those ships look sweet, the detail is amazing. I like the Constellation a lot. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Problem with these kind of systems is,
as soon as i do not have the means of getting a new
ship, after im blown out of the sky by the "pirates".
I´ll stop playing...
Ill have to pay real money for a new ship everytime...
If i cant MAKE that money INGAME, im not interested...

Afterall, a game is just a game...
edit on 2015/4/13 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Miccey

Erm no.
Once a ship is destroyed your character either dies (then is rebuilt and spawns near a hospital/ship) and your ship which will be insured can be ordered and picked up at a spaceport.
Insurance at the moment comes with pledges (buying the game basically) with either lifetime insurance or 6 month insurance (been told it is at most a few quid or ingame credits).
You can buy in game credits with real cash but they are limiting it to what the average person earn in two hours game play per day.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Wow cheers for that...given me some ideas

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Oh the Connie...I hope by launch to own one but If not I will use my Cutlass and eventually buy one.
Thing is I may just buy some basic ships because If you own different accounts you can use that avatar as an NPC on your ship and named as your air (brain burp forgot how to spell) when the final death happens.
If I had 4 accounts I could have 4 NPCs ready for when I can't find pals to fly with.(You can hire NPCs to crew ships anyhow but these would be named and designed by you
. Your own crew

I think by the way we are all talking in my corp is that many times we may only take out one ship with us all in or maybe 2 or 3 If we are attempting to board a ship with 6 or 7 of us being the raiding party....the strike team.

If you check the massive orgs out they have many different divisions.

When it is closer to launch I will make an ATS org....specialty will be political sabotage, spying and anything else which would run close to the stuff we read on here.

What type of stuff do you all want to do in game?.
edit on 13-4-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

What type of stuff do you all want to do in game?.

Grief.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Thing is I may just buy some basic ships because If you own different accounts you can use that avatar as an NPC on your ship and named as your air (brain burp forgot how to spell) when the final death happens.
If I had 4 accounts I could have 4 NPCs ready for when I can't find pals to fly with.(You can hire NPCs to crew ships anyhow but these would be named and designed by you
. Your own crew

That sounds pretty cool. I pretty much am interested in doing the same things as you, basically causing trouble and wreaking havoc like a galatic outlaw. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I may pimp my Cutlass to the medical ship version but put back all the weapons and such so everyone thinks I'm a space ambulance but actually a robber

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I may pimp my Cutlass to the medical ship version but put back all the weapons and such so everyone thinks I'm a space ambulance but actually a robber

That's a good one bro, That would be an excellent cloak. They would fly by thinking you were not a threat while leaving themselves vulnerable.

I think deception is going to end up being a very big part of this game. ~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join