It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Citizen.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Just noticed the cast for the single player part (which seamlessly introduces you to the PU.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Miccey
Well its a mix up and toss up, since nothing came out. I even looked to see if they have a demo or beta, got something called squadron 42, but for what looks like a polished beta I don't understand why people would pay 42 something bucks or over $ 300 for something that may be a hit or miss, but other games deliver the same.

I will wait for this game to come out, but its full of that type of microtransactions I probably wont even bother as even in the ones were you dont have to pay real world money that stuff just turns into a camel market and is just tedious and pointless, pretty much even the fun games were such things were introduced over time it just sucked the fun out of the game to the point that it was a drudge to play them.

But anyways, the game looks promising and they may be aiming for to much and be missing a lot of there targets then lets say a game that is more focused on only certain aspects would. They may be reaching for to much and only grasping a few straws. But in the end we will see when the finished product is out and up and running on what its all about. Which does look aint going to be even in 2016, so who knows.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Mmm...
Still Im all for micro economies as long as they really are MICRO...

I have this idea of game that would BLOW the market right up
the sky.... Not fair for this thread to say here, but if any dev or
maybe sofwere company would pick it up they would be in
for a ALOOOOT of $....

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Miccey
Not me, it kills the games mostly.

Who wants to spend time even if its for minutes in a screen bargening and hagling for digital items which really are for the most part just different skins some body pasted on old digital items, most especially when people actually use real money for it. Its ridiculous, its for the most part what made me stave away from MMO's, it becomes so pointless that it kills the game. Basically it becomes to much like real life, a lot of hoopla over nothing all that special.

I suppose people can do that, but we got to keep it to a minimum. Most videogames now a day are boring as it is, if you endruge more of this stuff it just becomes as fun as growing a chea pet or that whole collection of those trollz little toys. As a fad ya! But when its taken beyond that its just a trudge fest which leads in circles.

I will wait for when this game comes out to see whats up. But so far it looks cool, but I personally would not put much time in it, it just seems that they took things from other games and just blended them together, a bit from space games, exploring games, race games, and FPS, and a few others. But here is the kicker all those games which are about that specific genera all are better then this game is at that specific genera, if it does not all come together into a fun product, it will bomb as a videogame.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Time to jump in I think it looks amazing.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Holy mother of gaming pcs....
Watch this.

Can't wait I'm holding off jumping in early.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Dont forget that everything they show in presentations/vids is not done with the normal backend (wich they failed to fix up to this day)

I was a veteran backer with 500 bucks into it but i lost hope of this game ever becomming a reality (i mean the persistent universe part, SQ42 will come out).
I received a full refund recently.

Theres been a bunch of huge red flags with this development that it makes it impossible to think they'll succeed (imo)

edit on 20-11-2016 by Justanotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This game is still progressing but painfully slowly. I also have lost hope that the PU will ever be a reality in the way they sell it, although a limited version of it is available to fly around now.

The scale of the ambition is amazing but cant see it ever being released to the promised standard.

I have a couple of ships and occasionally fly around, get killed by some pirates or kill them, and fix a few comms stations - but that is about it for the game. It's an empty world with no one in it most of the time.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join