It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Citizen.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Good post.
Star citizen will be PC only Iam afraid no console could run it.
I see star citizen as a 15 year game what will keep on improving and evolving just cutting out the publisher did it for me because they only have to answer to us the backers.
The rift will take some getting used to I just hope facebook don't screw it up lol.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Just look at this screenshot.

In game.

Also I just read that a single cruiser has over 7 million polygons :O
Gotta be a record lol.

wccftech.com...

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
At the moment (looking like monday now for the AC) we only have the hanger module and we can walk about our ships etc, what got me though the design of the ships take everything on board..my Cutlass has a toilet one bed and 4 cryo chambers...As you open up the back you walk in and no you are not teleported to a different place the ship is rendered as a complete unit. Here have a look at my ship the Cutlass.

Imagine me flying and another guy behind me sorting out the radar etc and another on the turret

I can't even imagine how many players will be needed to run a big ship lol lucky we can hire NPCs.

I still can't think what to call her lol.
edit on 30-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Just been reading about PBR Physical Based Rendering...aparently this is the dogs bollocks in up to date graphic design.
I got worried that it would bump the min spec right up but apparently it will only add a 1 to 2 % more stuff needed.

The Avenger in PBR.

Wow.

The AC mod has been debugged and is being tested all over weekend a meeting on Monday and It may be a go Tuesday

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I wouldn't say it couldn't be done on console. It would not be prudent, but it can be done on PC its easier because you can update it constantly both hardware and software, but 15 or even 5 years is a long time and really who knows what will be out by then. I think even the current VR gigs they got only go to 720P or so, and by the time some games come out which may be years, they should have that fixed. As for a 15 year game, ya sure why not if you want to. But then again there are still people playing Halo 2 and starcraft and to tell the truth. Or at least for me any game that takes up so much time and effort after a while, well it just becomes a job, so I would not want to be playing star citizen 10 years hence either way. The game looks good and it looks like lots of fun for about a year or two at most. But hey to each there own.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

It has been said by Chris Roberts no console ever.
Consoles will be obsolete soon anyhow streaming is the future.
You miss my point this game will evolve with time expanding the actual universe or verse (as we call it) you can mod the game and run your own servers.
Anyhow My full internet attention is going on my ORG for the next few months we have lots of work to do so I will be leaving ATS for a while (just does mehead in sometimes).
If you get into the game pm my on the forums boymonkey74.
Cya all I have a nebula to discover

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

www.rockpapershotgun.com...

“Star Citizen IS a PC game. It will NEVER be dumbed down for a lesser platform. We will NOT limit the input options or supported peripherals to the lowest common denominator. We will NOT pass on features and technology just because they will only run on some hardware configurations.”

“I LOVE the PC as a platform because it is open, is always moving forward, with new powerful components (usually at cheaper prices) becoming available to gamers available every year. A $3,000 high end PC gaming rig of today wipes the floor of dedicated graphics supercomputers costing over $1M 10 years ago. People were amazed at being able to get Giga flops of performance. Now we can obtain over 5 TERA flops on a single PCI-E GPU!!! The PC platform is great because it isn’t static. It doesn’t have rules or some controlling entity that decides what will and won’t be in the eco system. If a cool new disruptive technology like the Oculus Rift comes along it can have a chance to gain traction and become the next big thing. Because of this Star Citizen will always be primarily a PC game and will embrace the best and newest tech.”

I feel sorry for console users lol.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

This is probably a response to X: Rebirth that moved to a platform and it's a TERRIBLE game and completely destroyed a long running franchise.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Good post.

I see star citizen as a 15 year game what will keep on improving and evolving just cutting out the publisher did it for me because they only have to answer to us the backers.

The rift will take some getting used to I just hope facebook don't screw it up lol.

X3: The Reunion came out in 2005 and I still play it. The latest version is X3: Albion Prelude. It's a modders paradise.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
OK OK, just saying it can be done on console, and while the game looks great it is not something overtly special. Besides like I said before when a game requires so much from you, it sort of becomes a job and not a game, while it may be fun I would get bored of it in one year tops, but most likely a few months. Its why I would rather get the eve Valkyrie game, its got more of an arcade feel to it, instead of a Sims feel to it. I never could stand those type of games, after a while I just say to myself "ah whats the point of this" and it just end up in the closet.

So ya dude, take it easy not insulting your PC gods or whatever, jeez the game looks promising, but there are many other games out there I could say the same of. But ya if I ever get a new PC or even upgrade this one and get the game, I'll Pm you since you seem to be so into it. I admit it would be fun to raid and blow your ships and stuff to kingdom come, as they say in space nobody can hear the sound you make when you facepalm yourself.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Star Citizen Arena Commander Gameplay

Lookin' good.
edit on 12-7-2014 by PraiseTheHighestOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
X: Rebirth was awful. Just awful. I wish I could get my money back. I only got it because they claimed they had made so many improvements since it's original launch. But if the version I got was improved, then the game must have been almost unplayable at launch.

I was extremely excited for Star Citizen as well, but it is looking like the bulk of the gameplay is going to be multiplayer and the singleplayer portion sounds like it's going to be a lame campaign without all of the options and freedom found in the multiplayer universe.

So now, unfortunately, since I live in the sticks and have a satellite internet connection, I will not be getting it.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: allenidaho

Wrong in the multiplayer you will have a slider which can ne adjusted so even you are playing multiplayer you can choose how much multiplayer you want. You can go around the verse just playing againat ai if you want.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You can mod sc also you can have your own server and invite others to play in your modded verse.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: allenidaho
X: Rebirth was awful. Just awful. I wish I could get my money back. I only got it because they claimed they had made so many improvements since it's original launch. But if the version I got was improved, then the game must have been almost unplayable at launch.

I was extremely excited for Star Citizen as well, but it is looking like the bulk of the gameplay is going to be multiplayer and the singleplayer portion sounds like it's going to be a lame campaign without all of the options and freedom found in the multiplayer universe.

So now, unfortunately, since I live in the sticks and have a satellite internet connection, I will not be getting it.

X:Rebirth is a steaming pile of Junk. I went back to playing X:3 Albion Prelude with some heavy mods.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

You can mod sc also you can have your own server and invite others to play in your modded verse.

I am looking forward to SC. Is there a monthly sub?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I think you pay insurance and your ship so if destroyed you get it back.
With one of the ship packages uou get six months or so but you can buy insurance with in game currency.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I think you pay insurance and your ship so if destroyed you get it back.
With one of the ship packages uou get six months or so but you can buy insurance with in game currency.

Hmm will have to see how that goes.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

That is great news. If I can play the game singleplayer, then I am back in.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Yeah read that just the other day.

Not being a PC gamer I guess I will settle for "No Mans Sky" being released for PS4 which is said to be quite massive itself but it seems the graphics and other technical accomplishments that will be experienced by gamers in Star Citizen will be something special for those that have hardware to handle the game.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join