It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: World Reacts To Mosque Shooting; Muslim Rage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I think that it is safe to assert and possibly conclude that the media, be it on a national level or worldwide level, is definitely against the war in Iraq.

Are you sure it's safe to say that?

So... let's say 97% of the media, and of the world's population that receives any coverage of this foreign incursion, is against it... what would it be safe to assert and possibly conclude as a result of that?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
As a former Marine I can tell you all that what that Marine did is a crime under the UCMJ, the Geneva Convention, and against all his training of how to handle POWs. There will be an investigation to find out if he was acting on his own or under orders, and there will be courts martial. Personally it's sickening that this happened. It's not behavior that should be 'understood,' tolerated, or accepted from a Marine or any member of the US Armed Services.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

PLease Muaddib, explain how this is the fault of the liberal media, and why or how you think they would have 'made' this story.

Are you saying this was a fabrication?

That somehow this story was created for the anti-war bunch?

Please if you don't mind explain what you mean.

Notice that I said, he left out some facts, like for example that Marines were being killed by booby-trapped bodies and injured insurgents, that that same soldier had been shot in the face the day before. That's what I meant...

The story was made in a way that was detrimental and biased against the U.S. forces. The reporter sure did nothing to try to make it unbiased and informative.

How is it the fault of the liberal media?...because they continue to post stories like this one "without presenting all the facts," and making them biased against the coalition.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I dont blame the poor guy. In a life or death situation you only have those two choices. Better to be a live pariah than a dead sucker. I wonder what further 'details' will emerge with this story though and if we will here much about it in the Australian media???

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Accidental post.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by taibunsuu]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
There have been so many instances of booby trapped bodies, actors playing wounded, hijacked ambulances being used to kill, that, combined with the very recent extenuating circumstances surrounding this soldier, make his reaction perfectly understood and warranted.

Maybe there was no AK- visible, but who's to say the guy wasn't laying on a grenade?

How can people fail to see that?

Combine that with the anti-war bias of Sites, the journalist, and we may see another unfortunate casualty of this war - the court martial of this young soldier.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
you americans allways defend yourself and want to be allways right..Go ahead..shoot everyone after now..whenever you see wounded move,shoot couple of times to just be safe he isn�t booby trapped. Maybe their will to fight will raise a bit when they realise that you shoot everyone on your crusade.
-ap

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I think your response is more the result of a personal agenda than analysis of the facts. Consider the situation that this marine was in. He probably was in a sleep deprived and high stress state. I have heard that this particular marine had been woued in combat previously and anyone with military knowledge will realise that a retreating enemy will be likely to use somekind of delaying action to cover their retreat.I would point out some of the tactics used in WW2 as examples, especially by German forces who subscribed whole-heartdlyto the 'scorched earth'policy.I am not just talking about poisened wells and booby trapped paintings but their tactic of sending juvenile conscripts who were sometimes as young as 14 yrs old, armed to the teeth, toward the enemy lines. Occaisionally an allied column would be held up for 3 hours by a 16 year old kid with a panzerfaust. Thes e are the sort of tactics that desparate combatants use in a retreat situation. The tried and true method of 'playing dead' therefore must be a factor that weighs heavily on the mind of anybody faced with a situation such as is discussed here and I would expect that many people who had not been exposed to the experience of the marine in question would react in asimilar way.
Also, just so you know, I am not American, I am Aussie.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by aape
you americans allways defend yourself and want to be allways right..Go ahead..shoot everyone after now..whenever you see wounded move,shoot couple of times to just be safe he isn�t booby trapped. Maybe their will to fight will raise a bit when they realise that you shoot everyone on your crusade.
-ap

And you don't say anything about the "disarmed" people in the Ivory coast that French troops have been shooting at and killing?....I posted a link to a report by reuters and a picture of a French soldier looking with disdain at the body of an Ivorian child that was shot at by French troops.... what do you have to say about that?.... the french kill disarmed people protesting and are caled "peacekeepers".....U.S. and coalition troops fight against insurgents and terrorists armed and they are "murderers"?.....

[edit on 18-11-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   

And you don't say anything about the "disarmed" people in the Ivory coast that French troops have been shooting at and killing?....

[edit on 18-11-2004 by Muaddib]

Yup they are murderers too..
-ap

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
these are people that have declared a jihad (holy war) on us.these are people that use thier mosques (holy places) as arsenals and hideouts for militants.these are people that strap bombs to pregnent women and children to blow people up.these are people that are to cowardly to stand and fight like the japanese or the nazis.instead they dress like women and civilians.and strap bombs to themselves to blow up a bus full of women and children .the same people that crashed planes into the twin towers.killing more innocent people because they are to cowardly to face an army on a battlefield.the american people need to wake up and realize the muslim world has declared war on us and we need to do the same. almost every islamic country has attacked us at one time or another and they will never stop until they are eliminated.the american people to easily forget the cole in yemen,the twin towers which were mostly saudis,the suicide bomb in beiruit,the dragging around of our dead soldiers in somalia,the shooting of tourists in egypt,and much, much, more do the research get a list from the internet its them or us and i would much rather it be them. so i dont feel sorry for some crazy iraqi that had a chance to leave falluja before we attacked, but chose to stay and fight and got what he deserved.and according to the koran hes in paradise with 72 virgins well lets do them all a favor and send them all to paradise.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
We can sit here and pass judgment upon this Marine until we are blue in the face.

We will never know the curcumstances around the event: did the terrorist have a hidden weapon, did the marine put him out of his misery, what was the state of mind of the marine was he sh*t scared (i know i would be)

We can all sit here and pass judgement in our cosy living rooms while our boys are fighting and dying in an unpleasent war. (as if)

Want to blame anyone: blame the fools Bush and Blair that sent them over there to start with and everyone take a step away from the news channels for a second.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Do some people not find it strange how these days we are all too willing to change and shift our moral code to suit the news item of the day. What happened was cold blooded murder. What the kidnappers do is cold blooded murder. And what all terrorists do is cold blooded murder. So to bemoan them and make them out you are a more civilised species and have a higher moral occupation then applaude or excuse the same acts by your soldiers is quite unnerving.
Have it one way or the other. Either murder is murder and is diaboliacal and should be punished, or it is not and should not. This is begining to sound like the start of an elitist society who remoulds the moral fibre of its citizens to fit the propagoanda and politics it desires to convey to gain the higher ground.
Let's have some sense back into this world please. Re-draw the line that divides right and wrong for this kind of thing and stop rubbing it with our collective feet and drawing it closer or further away from us to suit the bigotry we are all starting to use as conviction of our right to feedom,security and peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join