It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please hands off. :D

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Ok what are the things you don't like other people touching when they visit?

For me it's my kitchen. STAY OUT! If you think you are helping, you are not. Please don't try and help by putting dishes away, nobody puts them away properly even though my cabinets are OBSESSIVELY organized! I like to entertain so there is no need to be in the kitchen. I will get you whatever you want! You can get a drink but please for the love of god either fill the ice cube trays or turn the ice maker on so it makes more ice! NEVER leave either empty!

Stay out of my bathroom and bedroom. There is no need for you to be in there. The spare bathroom is the guest bathroom and it's fully stocked with everything. IF you don't see something in there ask, don't just help yourself to my bathroom. It's my zen area! lol

Don't touch my computer. I am very weird about people being on my computer. It's a personal thing and if I let you on then I have to log out of my sites and I like staying logged in.

I am allowed my personal space and these are the few things I don't want people touching when they visit. I don't mind people in the kitchen just don't put dishes away and please fill the ice. If I am cooking I don't need help. I know many people do this as a means of being polite but for me the best thing to do is stay out of the kitchen. I like the mess and I like cleaning it. lol

So what is off limits at your place?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Everything. If you're in my place, you were just leaving...

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

You're welcome in my kitchen

but DON'T EVER TOUCH MY KNIVES, they were custom made and will not suit you

You're welcome to use my laptop, BUT LEAVE MY PC ALONE

you're welcome to look at my bike, BUT DON'T TOUCH HER

you may admire my favourite guitar, BUT DON'T TOUCH HER

you may also admire my wife, BUT DON'T TOUCH HER

Get the message ?

Cody

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
My front door, don't touch it! By all means do not pass over the threshold either. My entire house is my domain and I don't have guests. If I wanted to be social, I'd be out there. Call me I will be happy to talk to you, but don't come over.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
THE KITCHEN, if you are in there you should be washing/drying/putting away dishes. I don't care where they go, I will find them eventually and there is no organization in there whatsoever. Just clean them for christ sake I don't care if you hang them on the wall!

MY PHONE, it's a cheap non-smart phone you load money into but it does have the ability to connect to the internet. If you touch it the wrong way or butt dial someone and the internet pulls up even for a minute or two, that's all the money I put into it GONE.

MY LAPTOP. But, it's rarely off of my lap anyway.

THE TV DURING FOOTBALL GAMES. If Dallas is playing, that's it. That's all that will play. My husband tried to pull one over me and pull up a niners game on his computer on low volume. NOPE. My team and I need to concentrate.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

I don't get what's so crazy awesome about football games. Honestly, that's money we could be using to cure cancer or something. But that's just me.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Iamschist
My front door, don't touch it! By all means do not pass over the threshold either. My entire house is my domain and I don't have guests. If I wanted to be social, I'd be out there. Call me I will be happy to talk to you, but don't come over.

Ok this is interesting.

You never have anyone over? Ever?

I am curious. I have never met or heard of anyone who never has guests.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

ValentineWiggin
THE KITCHEN, if you are in there you should be washing/drying/putting away dishes. I don't care where they go, I will find them eventually and there is no organization in there whatsoever. Just clean them for christ sake I don't care if you hang them on the wall!

HAHA I'm the opposite. Please don't clean or put anything away. If you do then please put it back where it belongs. My kitchen is organized in a ridiculously easy way and I even organize my tupperware WHICH people tease me for...but I always have the lids

The kitchen to me IS my version of a man cave or garage. lol It's my place!

MY PHONE, it's a cheap non-smart phone you load money into but it does have the ability to connect to the internet. If you touch it the wrong way or butt dial someone and the internet pulls up even for a minute or two, that's all the money I put into it GONE.

I don't care if people touch this phone but when I used my iPhones no way, don't touch. I know a lot of people who drop phones and well if the screen was going to break I wanted it to be my fault lol. My mom is actually quite proud she has figured out a smart phone now after having mine for a day

MY LAPTOP. But, it's rarely off of my lap anyway.

Same goes for my laptop even though I'm nut currently using it. I've been trying to get use to the new iMac I got earlier this year.

THE TV DURING FOOTBALL GAMES. If Dallas is playing, that's it. That's all that will play. My husband tried to pull one over me and pull up a niners game on his computer on low volume. NOPE. My team and I need to concentrate.

HAHA! Im in charge of the remote since I'm home 75% of the time. When my husband is home I let him have the remote since he doesn't get a chance to watch anything when he is working out on that island. We don't have cable but use a Roku and have channels so there is ALWAYS something on. lol

One more thing. Don't eat all the chocolate or wine I have in the house. I have little bowls of chocolate all over. One bag literally lasts me like 6 mths because I don't eat it daily. I have a piece here or there and by piece I mean one piece. It kills my chocolate craving! When certain people come over it disappears. I really don't like when the wine disappears because I don't drink wine, my wine is to cook with. So when I go to make Coq au Vin and have no wine I am not too happy. This has happened so many times over the years and each time i get so pissed. Now what those certain people come over I just put those things up so it looks like i have none.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

I don't get what's so crazy awesome about football games. Honestly, that's money we could be using to cure cancer or something. But that's just me.

LOL you sound like me talking to my husband about college football.

I do not like either sport. I am not into sports and the one sport I don't mind is baseball even though I still think they get paid far too much money for nothing.

My husband is nuts about FSU football and it drives me crazy. He gets so upset because I don't like it. Hello I went to an actual game, that is a lot. It was torture but I went because he likes it and I even wore a shirt with FSU on it when I could careless about any of those teams. I've told him many times he will never convince me to like football. I have never liked it nor understood the football culture. I have friends who are just as crazy about the NFL like he is with FSU and I don't get them either, my mother is one of those nutty fans. lol

I guess it's something you'd have to enjoy to understand because no matter how many football nuts I've dated I still don't get it...and probably never will. Just like some won't get my love for Buffy The Vampire Slayer lol

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

cody599

Same here. As a former restaurant owner the last thing I want is you touching my knives. And my All Clad.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

AugustusMasonicus

cody599

Same here. As a former restaurant owner the last thing I want is you touching my knives. And my All Clad.

I don't mind my knives because they aren't anything special. I am slowly getting a nice set together. I have one really nice knife that I keep in a drawer so Im usually the only person who uses it or really even knows about it....hehe.

I don't want people using my All Clad either! I have some other dishes that my husband went to use a spoon in to stir and I almost went nuclear. lol I told him to use PLASTIC only since he can't seem to figure out that metal isn't for some of my pans!

The other dish or pot i have I don't want anyone touching is my Vulcania clay pot. I found it second hand but new it's over $100 bucks and if it ever got broken I could not replace it so I'd be highly upset. I just keep that one on a shelf.

I guess it's a good thing I don't let people in my kitchen. It's far too dangerous...for my kitchen items.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Howdy friend!!
hope you are doing swell

This was an interesting thread to read through.

When I have guests... They can touch and go anywhere they like. Oh except the back bathroom...only cause it's broken right now... Hehe...

I love having guests. And I just don't mind people exploring or touching and looking..I have nothing to hide and I'm a very open
I have quite a few antique items that my grandmother has given me..and so it's neat when people come over and they haven't seen things like I have.

Have a wonderful evening!!!

Peace, love and hugs~~~~>>>>
-nat

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I dislike anyone touching my head.
I have short, short, short hair. i dont like the term "skinhead" because of the image it brings up.
You would'nt believe the amount of people that touch my head without permission! A lot of people want to rub it, just go and rub someone's stubble! it would feel similar.
Grrrrrrrrr..... i hate head-touchers!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I want people to keep their hands off my Georgia Satellites.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
If people come over, I don't mind where they go or what they do, but they better get the kettle on or there would be hell to pay!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

SecretKnowledge
I dislike anyone touching my head.
I have short, short, short hair. i dont like the term "skinhead" because of the image it brings up.
You would'nt believe the amount of people that touch my head without permission! A lot of people want to rub it, just go and rub someone's stubble! it would feel similar.
Grrrrrrrrr..... i hate head-touchers!!!

LOL I have a friend who feels the same.

People are always rubbing his head for "luck" like he is the buddha belly on his head!

It's like those who want to rub your belly while pregnant. I hated that, drove me nuts!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

mblahnikluver

Iamschist

Ok this is interesting.

You never have anyone over? Ever?

I am curious. I have never met or heard of anyone who never has guests.

I used to be quite social actually. It has only been for the last 5 years or so that I have embraced hermiting. Never is a very long time, so no not never. At one point in my life I was a corporate wife, I gave cocktail parties and played bridge. Can't say it was better, just different. These days I enjoy my own company and I am set in my ways. I always longed to be a hermit, and now I am

Edited to add, I have had no guests in 5 years, zero.
edit on 2-11-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
DOES NOT TOUCH MY HAIR, WELL-MEANING STRANGER!

I have waist-length, thick red hair, and when I wear it loose, people get that "Ooo, shiny thing!" expression and just reach for it. I get it, but it makes me wicked uncomfortable. Unless it is a baby.

In which case, I am like, that is just fine, baby, you knock yourself out. I don't even mind losing a tiny fistful, I have plenty to spare.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
for me it is simple things toothbrush razor and facecloth and hair brush and that is about it really if i was any more laid back i would be asleeeeeeeeeepppp

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I hate it when I am over at someones house and they tell me to help myself, because I DO NOT want you to help yourself at my house, and I do not feel comfortable "helping myself" even for a glass of water at your house.

I used to have an ex-relative that would knock and then just walk right in and help herself at anyone's home she considered family, she expected people to do the same at her house and it drove me nuts.
If it is in my house, it is off limits period unless I hand it to you.

And please, if you don't know me, don't touch me, don't pat me on the back or tuck in my tag. I HATE it when strangers tuck in the tag on the back of your shirt.

I once had a women try and brush cat hair, fuzz or something off my back quite aggressively while waiting in line at the gas station, like it was no big deal. Yes I yelled and looked like a complete B. but, no, just no, you don't do that to strangers.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join