It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any Evidence that the Ancient Alien Theorist have put forth that has not been Debunked?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Why should I have to prove anything to you? Did I say they was real? Nope! I said those topics haven't been debunked.

If you want to see a working stargate I suggest you contact the American Military...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

interupt42
reply to post by Galileo400

As far as I know Giorgio A. Tsoukalos Hair is real and hasn't been debunked.

edit on 31-10-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

Georgio happens to be a member here.Or was...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Galileo400

Panic2k11

Did ALL the dinosaurs die 65 MYA?
It depends on how you define dinosaur...

You are absolutely correct. I like to kid around with people by referring to chickens as dinosaurs. Also, dinosaur eggs! Seriously though, I was going for the classic stegosaurus (seen in carvings), big theropods, and long necks (seen in paintings).

You know, archeologist found a T-Rex in the western US that had soft tissue inside the bones. They were stunned. How could that survive 65 Million years? I say, maybe it didn't? Maybe it's only a few thousand years old?

The Stegosaurus one is massively misleading as arguably in the carving of which you speak, it shows a four legged animal against a background of some kind of vegetation that makes it look like it has the protrusions that species is known for. That theory is I believe more sound unless it can be proven otherwise.

The T-Rex, are you sure that one is actually substantiated? I seem to remember reading about it in one of those mystery type books that came out in the '70's and '80's that covered everything from the Bermuda Triangle to spontaneous combustion and fairly much everything inbetween. Not sure I've ever seen anything that shows it as verified, but could be wrong. Even if verified, I don't see how that give a dating on when it lived/died?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

helius

Being an AA-theorist, I have learned that there are lots of different opinions, ideas and interpretations on pretty much everything that this theory is theorizing about. Thus the theory about the animals (that we today call “Dinosaurs”) which i am about to present, is entirely my personal view on the subject. Also. My views are basically based on my personal interpretations and on several different ancient texts.

Here we have a first-person example of what I was talking about earlier, it even starts out saying....

"my personal view on the subject"
"based on my personal interpretations"
"It is my view"

Everyone, that's 3 shots! Should we keep playing this game or not? Where is the evidence, real evidence, not based upon some story book references....but, real, hard, evidence that would hold up in a court of law (which is vastly less stringent than scientific peer review I may add).

IMO, debunking is a red herring and the AA folks know that. There should be no need for "debunking", there should be AA folks showing evidence, presenting for peer review (which will question and offer terrestrial answers), then AA proponents should regroup and find more compelling evidence and resubmit for more peer review. This cycle goes on and one until the majority of peer reviewers are satisfied the hypothesis are valid enough to be a theory.

Seems to me the AA proponents want to shortcut this long process, and jump to the end of theory and total unquestioning belief.

I'm not buying....sorry. Show me evidence, show me an alien body part, show me a piece of alien manufactured material (something that has an element that does not exist on earth or found in meteorites).

edit on 11/1/2013 by Krakatoa because: Hit "edit" instead of "preview", so went back to finish my thoughts.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Alienboy2012

How the Dogon ppl of Mali who are believed to be of Egyptian origins knew that Sirius had 2 companion stars A & B when there was NO modern equiptment available to confirm that claim, they have maintained this from 3200bc. The Dogon's stated that the Nommo who arrived in sky ships told them they originate from the Sirius system and in turn told them about the 3 (2 unknown at the time) stars B & C) A french anthroplogist studied the Dogan from 1931 - 56 and was blown away by how a tribe of ppl who possess no modern equipment knew the position and rotational times for unseen and unknown stars..

This is just one. 2, How Lt. Col. Corso (The Day After Roswell) named names, dates & times & was no one named has ever come fwd. to say he is liar.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Saying Ancient Aliens was debunked is like saying Popular Mechanics "911 conspiracies: Debunked" debunked 911 conspiracy theories...

Don't worry, this Debunks Ancient Aliens Debunked...

Pyramids - Revelation of
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPCVHxUBZho
www.youtube.com...

^^They are yanking this odd youtube left and right.....why?....Its educational.....

edit on 1-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Alienboy2012

Alienboy2012

How the Dogon ppl of Mali who are believed to be of Egyptian origins knew that Sirius had 2 companion stars A & B when there was NO modern equiptment available to confirm that claim, they have maintained this from 3200bc. The Dogon's stated that the Nommo who arrived in sky ships told them they originate from the Sirius system and in turn told them about the 3 (2 unknown at the time) stars B & C) A french anthroplogist studied the Dogan from 1931 - 56 and was blown away by how a tribe of ppl who possess no modern equipment knew the position and rotational times for unseen and unknown stars..

This is just one. 2, How Lt. Col. Corso (The Day After Roswell) named names, dates & times & was no one named has ever come fwd. to say he is liar.

The French anthropologist was named Marcel Griaule & wrote a book in 1938 detailing his work on the Dogons and there sky gods the Nommo. Also Griaule's work was re-evaluated in 1991 by Walkter Van Beek in a book titled "dogon Restudied: A Field Evaluation of the Work of Marcel Griaule"

In my personal opinion to believe that humans are the highest and most intelligent beings in the vast universe is incredibly naive. Certain groups governmental & religious would like keep certain knowledge closed to the masses as a form of control. Only now in the past 50 years are we traveling off earth it's certainly probable that life forms who have been around millions of years before the 1st humans were created on this planet would and most likely did travel to other planets as we are attempting now, but I'm sure it was thru rockets using fossil fuel. Oil is a very dirty & limited supply item so technologically advanced beings have certainly found how to use a clean energy source & I'm sure we here on earth know what it is and how to use it. The masses will never be given this power or knowledge as oil is a source of wealth & unfortunately at this time on our planet wealth = power...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
If you are truly a fan of the show then you'll know that AA doesn't present Anything as fact. Most segments and wrapups are prefaced with "what if...".

I see this as entertainment first (for it let's the imagination work) and educational second as it relates historical tales and examines exotic locations.

Those that make a living by criticizing it most likely feel threatened. Threatened that the belief-system they've grown up in can offer no physical evidence that it's based on fact while much of what's covered in AAs does.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Alienboy2012

The French anthropologist was named Marcel Griaule & wrote a book in 1938 detailing his work on the Dogons and there sky gods the Nommo. Also Griaule's work was re-evaluated in 1991 by Walkter Van Beek in a book titled "dogon Restudied: A Field Evaluation of the Work of Marcel Griaule"

In my personal opinion to believe that humans are the highest and most intelligent beings in the vast universe is incredibly naive. Certain groups governmental & religious would like keep certain knowledge closed to the masses as a form of control. Only now in the past 50 years are we traveling off earth it's certainly probable that life forms who have been around millions of years before the 1st humans were created on this planet would and most likely did travel to other planets as we are attempting now, but I'm sure it was thru rockets using fossil fuel. Oil is a very dirty & limited supply item so technologically advanced beings have certainly found how to use a clean energy source & I'm sure we here on earth know what it is and how to use it. The masses will never be given this power or knowledge as oil is a source of wealth & unfortunately at this time on our planet wealth = power...

Let's deconstruct this response so we can address actual/facutal statements, etc..

"In my personal opinion to believe that humans are the highest and most intelligent beings in the vast universe is incredibly naive. "

I do not believe anyone has made claim that the human race is the pinnacle of life in the Universe. So, this is another red-herring, and should be discarded wholesale. Side-note, take a shot, he said "In my personal opinion"....

"Certain groups governmental & religious would like keep certain knowledge closed to the masses as a form of control."

Again, a statement that cannot be backed up by anything but speculation and paranoia, and is unrelated, So lets discard this one as well.

"Only now in the past 50 years are we traveling off earth it's certainly probable that life forms who have been around millions of years before the 1st humans were created on this planet would and most likely did travel to other planets as we are attempting now, but I'm sure it was thru rockets using fossil fuel."

The first part is true, we are only in the past 50 years ventured into space beyond Earth. However, the remaining claim quickly sprials away toward more speculation about alien intelligences when it uses the phrase "most likely". We have zero evidence of any life form beyond Earth.....ZERO. Do I believe there is, heck yes, the laws of probability practically guarantee it. However, until such time as we have real evidence of life beyond Earth (even microbial life), we cannot make any claims of what that life "would likely do"....sorry, another red-herring....discarding the rest of the statement.

So, what do we have left to debate regarding this statement? Ahhh..... < crickets > .... nothing. I would LOVE to see real evidence of extra-terrestrial life, I would, really. But, until we do, we cannot claim how "they" would behave, what "they allegedly did in the past", etc...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

CB328

I can't understand why so many people are on a conspiracy site only to try to shout down every conspiracy put forth.

Well join some of the other mutual backslapping sites of the internet were everyone will agree with you no matter what you claim have a quick look, this place gets more posts in a day than others get in a year!!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Jchristopher5
I personally see a number of things that have not been adequately debunked.

1. Certain megalithic structures defy rational explanation of their origin. Often times these monuments were quarried many miles away, and stone weighting hundreds of thousands of tons are somehow moved to the sites.

The largest stone ever moved by human beings weighed only 1500 tons. link
Claims like the lie you posted are what make up the bulk of AA "Theory."

Jchristopher5
These are often apparent where our historians believe that the society was primitive, lacking basic tools, including the wheel and lever. Yet, they constructed Punka Puna, the Great Pyramid, Stonehenge, and many others?

All done with the tech of the time - with evidence left behind proving it.

Of course, the fringers won't tell you about this.

Jchristopher5
2. Our religious texts, including the Christian Bible, tell of strange "alien" encounters.

In fact, they do not. Religious texts relate faith-based stories.

Jchristopher5
3. Our earliest cave drawings have drawings of alien-looking creatures.

People that study rock art for their entire lives believe differently. It is hardly up to some internet parvenu to announce to the world that a century of study is completely wrong.

Jchristopher5
4. Our first writings, from ancient Summeria, tell of Encounters and even our creation by off-world creatures.

Not even close. Please quote your source.
The Gods of Sumer were not "off-world."

Harte

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

skyblueworld

Why should I have to prove anything to you? Did I say they was real? Nope! I said those topics haven't been debunked.

If you want to see a working stargate I suggest you contact the American Military...

You don't have to prove anything. But if you don't then the topic is debunked. The fact there are ATS posts does not mean a subject is not debunked. All kinds of debunked topics get posted (like the Ancient Egyptians sprang up out of nowhere).

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

uncommitted

Galileo400

Panic2k11

Did ALL the dinosaurs die 65 MYA?
It depends on how you define dinosaur...

You are absolutely correct. I like to kid around with people by referring to chickens as dinosaurs. Also, dinosaur eggs! Seriously though, I was going for the classic stegosaurus (seen in carvings), big theropods, and long necks (seen in paintings).

You know, archeologist found a T-Rex in the western US that had soft tissue inside the bones. They were stunned. How could that survive 65 Million years? I say, maybe it didn't? Maybe it's only a few thousand years old?

The Stegosaurus one is massively misleading as arguably in the carving of which you speak, it shows a four legged animal against a background of some kind of vegetation that makes it look like it has the protrusions that species is known for. That theory is I believe more sound unless it can be proven otherwise.

The T-Rex, are you sure that one is actually substantiated? I seem to remember reading about it in one of those mystery type books that came out in the '70's and '80's that covered everything from the Bermuda Triangle to spontaneous combustion and fairly much everything inbetween. Not sure I've ever seen anything that shows it as verified, but could be wrong. Even if verified, I don't see how that give a dating on when it lived/died?

Then what is the creature if not a stegosaurus? That's actually a pretty bad explanation. A more plausible one is that it was carved recently during renovations.

The T-Rex is substantiated, feel free to google it.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Well in one episode they claimed that the samurai sword must have been devised by aliens because napa never had samurai swords before a certain time. Never mind the fact that samurai swords are just really large fillet knives. But you know the fact that the metal was folded against its self and hammered while making the blade was probably something humans could never figure out without alien help. I mean the concept is just so complex it's hard for humans to wrap their puny little brains around it.

Also I saw one episode where they said the colt pistol was designed by aliens.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
There is a lot of stuff on the AA show that is pure crap, or at best wild speculation. Still, when looking at ancient civilizations, religions, monuments, modern day experiences etc., AA does seem to make the most sense, moreso than a massive collection of coincidences.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

We all know it...

No such thing as Coincidences or Random!!

Yeah I said it...

No Random.....Ever!!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

OMsk3ptic
There is a lot of stuff on the AA show that is pure crap, or at best wild speculation. Still, when looking at ancient civilizations, religions, monuments, modern day experiences etc., AA does seem to make the most sense, moreso than a massive collection of coincidences.

We don't have coincidences. we have factual historical data that proves AA wrong. Please detail the list of coincidences.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If you are referring to that Ancient Aliens debunked video...please....

That guy is a Christian fundamentalist, so basically he believes that the world is 6000 years old. End of story. There is so much evidence that can NEVER be debunked no matter how hard these idiots try, it's actually quite funny.

In my opinion the absolute best example of this are the petroglyphs and pictographs we have left behind from our ancestors. Not only do the myths and legends of the American Indians say EXACTLY what happened, they drew it on rocks everywhere in the southwest. You cannot debunk this evidence. It is your word against theirs, and I will take their word over yours. I have no reason to believe they were lying. That goes for every ancient civilization on this planet. Somehow debunkers think they know everything, and ALL of our ancestors were just making this # up. I will take our ancestors word over a modern human. Modern humans have PROVEN themselves to be liars.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I would disagree. After AA come T, theory. A guess seeking more evidence in a quest for a higher probability of actually occurring.

In this case X, Y, and Z are multifaceted. They are not necessarily exclusive as portions could run simultaneously. Where as a cooked chicken via ray gun or oven is pretty much A or non-A. Unless of course we assume other possibilities.

The whole AA thing has merit with many simply because the mainstream possibilities are pretty weak. In truth, we never really reach a truth until we have a time machine and can go back and witness firsthand. Or we can claim the mainstream is the unassailable moral high ground and make a career teaching college kids.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

roncoallstar
If you are referring to that Ancient Aliens debunked video...please....

That guy is a Christian fundamentalist, so basically he believes that the world is 6000 years old. End of story. There is so much evidence that can NEVER be debunked no matter how hard these idiots try, it's actually quite funny.

In my opinion the absolute best example of this are the petroglyphs and pictographs we have left behind from our ancestors. Not only do the myths and legends of the American Indians say EXACTLY what happened, they drew it on rocks everywhere in the southwest. You cannot debunk this evidence. It is your word against theirs, and I will take their word over yours. I have no reason to believe they were lying. That goes for every ancient civilization on this planet. Somehow debunkers think they know everything, and ALL of our ancestors were just making this # up. I will take our ancestors word over a modern human. Modern humans have PROVEN themselves to be liars.

well i'm a bit of a fundie, but i don't believe the earth is 6000 years old, and i like the carl munck video and i don't think the ancient aliens debunked video did a very good job of debunking some of the points in the ancient aliens show. and wrote a thread on the topic . so please don't generalize, thanks

edit on 2-11-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join