It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix Shooting Rampage: Barking may have led to massacre that left neighbors, dogs, gunman dead, p

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Just guessing, but probably wasn't the only thing they did to piss off their neighbor. If he was a complainer about this or that they may have taken pleasure in disturbing his peace. Some people do that. Have you ever shared a wall with someone that plays music too loud or parties late on week nights? You try and talk to them and you know they jus laugh you off behind your back and then do it again the next day.

Tee hee hee.

But then they played the wrong person one time to many.

They ran into someone even more like them.

What a great big f***ing surprise that was.

I doubt he shot them in the back. He wanted to see the look on their faces.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Wow. I guess I never thought how some people can react badly to a dog barking.
This guy was insane.

I live in the country, and across the street from a hunting dog breeder. I don't even notice them anymore, but those dogs bark morning, noon and night. I can't even imagine harming them for that. In the country, that's what they do. There are always wild animals in the woods behind their kennels, so they bark.

My heart goes out as well, to this family that lost their lives to a crazy man.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I can't believe some of those comments on yahoo.... what's wrong with people? It must be Cesar Millan fault... he says, "a dog needs as an animal are not being met." I think when people watch this show they are taking it the wrong way... It's natural for dogs to bark and communicate, but not natural to bark at the toilet flushing etc... and it seems by those yahoo comments that people think a barking dog is it's owners fault, when in fact it's natural for them to bark when like a jogger runs by a house etc...

It's natural territorial dog pack behavior, it has nothing to do with the owners... sure one can teach a dog not to bark at certain things, but when it comes to protecting the pack forget about it... certain breeds like German Shepherds are genetically inclined to bark and jump on people, they are very protective and territorial, it would be unnatural for them to not do this!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yeah I wondered if that was a possibility too, the making things worse because he complained. I think I'm really lucky, I too live in the country but my neighbors, including a dog/cat/horse rescue are all really considerate when it comes to barking dogs. I've told friends many times I'd live in my truck before I lived in a city or tract home pretty much for the reason it is far enough away that I CAN learn to block out some stuff.

Like RedCairo I could actually see myself going nuts if something like this happened to me. I wouldn't kill but I'd find some way to make their lives as bad as whatever they were doing to mine. The comments on the Yahoo site actually had some really good ideas on how to deal with this. I can't even imagine living through this, I know if my dogs bark I go look and see if it is coyotes, mountain lions, bobcats or someone who doesn't belong and then I bring them inside right away if they won't stop, after like a minute heh.

Bad dogs aren't the only thing bad about neighbors though. God I have stories that would make people squirm, one of which I came really close to something like this about 30 years ago. The neighbors kids(around 11 and 13 or so) got BB guns and bows and arrows and would CONSTANTLY be in the field next to my house shooting my dogs, horses and goats. My dogs were very well trained and behaved Akitas. They HATED these kids. After about $2000 in vet bills, talking to the parents more times than I can count and calling the cops and being told "sorry that's a private road we can't help you. I told the cop "Oh that's cool so I can get my shotgun and blow the little m'frs heads off and you won't come arrest me because it's a private road? They are SHOOTING my animals and COSTING me a ton of money I don't have to get the BBs and arrows out!!!"

Needless to say a cop came like 3 minutes later and took the kids away from my house to theirs. So I thought I was done with it, not so! I hear my dogs going insane about 20 minutes later and look out and the little cretins were laying on the ground in front of my gate with SQUIRT GUNS shooting my dogs through the fence! I'd had enough so I went outside and they laughed at me and told me the cops nor their parents gave a #! So I said fine looking at my dogs (who by this time were so MAD they were snarling and frothing at the mouth) and I said "I'll give you this one chance to NEVER come near my property again or I'm opening the gate and what the dogs don''t eat ill shoot with a real gun!"

We lived next door to them for 15 more years and I kid you not they NEVER came near my house again. New kids moved in with ATVs and dirt bikes and would drive down our road past my house with these two.... not these boys they'd go a street over and around to stay away. So yeah if he had it bad I can sympathize cause I really WANTED to kill these kids and their parents, but sane people really don't go there.

I'm SO happy we got to move to a really nice area away from the idiots who live in the cities. My old house was 2 acre plots but still right in the middle of a 100k+ city just a country'ish one, now we live 30 minutes from the nearest big city and I love it. I hope I die here it's really that nice.

Anyway off to work! Have a nice day and I hope your neighbors are as good as mine!

Lil

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
"An armed society is a polite society."

A Christian gun fetishist made that comment no me with a straight face as one of the litany of reasons why guns are a moral imperative in our society. What is the endpoint of that path? Every person has 10 guns pointed at them 24/7?

It's madness.

If you are reading this and want to affect change, stop using violence and destruction as entertainment.

No more "cop dramas", no more war movies, no more casual killing and for humanities' sake, don't give kids guns as toys. Reject it all.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Lilroanie

Thanks for sharing that. It speaks to the not so nice intentions of some people (and their kids).

I'm SO happy we got to move to a really nice area away from the idiots who live in the cities. My old house was 2 acre plots but still right in the middle of a 100k+ city just a country'ish one, now we live 30 minutes from the nearest big city and I love it. I hope I die here it's really that nice.

From a jealous city idiot… you can be my neighbor anytime.
edit on 30-10-2013 by intrptr because: spacing

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Sometimes a person has to explain it in terms that misfits will understand. I think you accomplished it.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by imitator

You can teach a dog to stop barking on command. I am no dog trainer and I did it as a kid.

Hold the muzzle shut and say NO BARK! if the dog barks again hold his muzzle shut and repeat the command with a light tap on the muzzle. If it doesn't work after several tries use a nice broad rubber band that will not hurt the dog and remove in a few minutes after he quits trying to bark....

If you have a half crazy irate neighbor screaming at you you either train the dog to quit barking on command or you get rid of the dog.

I really hate people who put the 'Happiness' of their ill trained pets above that of their neighbors.

Now if a dog comes on my property the owners get warned ONCE. The second time if I catch them chasing or killing my livestock they get SHOT. (This is legal in my state.)

(We lost 16 head of livestock before we resorted to shooting the dogs belonging to the idiot who collected strays and would not discipline or confine them or find them better homes.)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

The loud neighbors and their loud dogs are now quiet. To me that constitutes polite.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

Apparently you've never seen police dogs. All behavior can be modified.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

My pets are my family. I see defending them even with violence as completely fair. If someone were harming my pets I'd be lucky to not flip out completely. Easily see how you got to the end of the rope over that.

The sad thing about my neighbor's former dog is that I am not even uptight about it, it really was an extreme situation. I love dogs. I wish the neighbor's dogs all had better lives. I tend to think that it's a real lack of moral compass in parenting if you cannot teach your children to treat animals and neighbors well and be concerned for the welfare of both.

I'm reminded of that what, 19 year old or so guy on the news years ago who sawed off a baseball bat and broke into a man's privately run animal shelter and killed and mutilated/injured tons of cats, bludgeoning them. He got like 30 days, I think one day for each cat that officially died. The news had his family on it and I had expected they might make some excuse but they didn't even bother, they were just like, "They're just cats." As if that made it ok. Removing people like that from the gene pool, before they breed any more let alone raise any more, would be a real favor to society, so it is too bad the people wise enough to see this are also sane enough not to do it.

I'm led to think some dog breeds or perhaps just some dogs are incapable of living in neighborhoods though. I mean, the dogs around me (and 13 is a LOT of dogs for immediate neighbors!) bark so much, but I let it slide. They are trapped in yards, they need to talk to each other and react as dogs do, it's not a bad thing even if inconvenient. But they aren't like that one was. It was just that ONE damn dog that NEVER stopped.

It was like the chinese water torture by audio, where that drip-drip-drip of slight annoyance at the precisely same frequency over and over without stop for hours, days, weeks, just triggers something in the brain finally where the body wants to react as if anything to make it stop is literally a matter of self-defense. Some people have noise sensitivity issues where this is really much worse for them. I seriously bet there is some kind of science that would back up that being forcibly exposed to this and unable to escape it for ongoing periods could have serious physical effects.

I had already priced those bark-stoppers on amazon (I hesitated as I worried it would hurt/bother all the non-horrid dogs around), and muzzles (was trying to think of a way I could get it ON the dog, let alone without starting a war with my neighbors, who I'd talked with nicely about it more than once), and was even reading on what kind of natural substances (e.g. herbs) might make him very woozy for awhile if I put it in some meat just so he might be 'calmer' for a few hours when I desperately needed to SLEEP. Ongoing sleep deprivation can make even sane people into lunatics.

My teen says the reason it got better is because the dog appears to have gotten out and never came home. They often get out. I was injured by another of them when trying to get him out of the street to save his life, though it wasn't the dog's fault. I had the sudden realization that I probably could have solved the problem nearly a year sooner had I thought of just letting the dog out myself. Then I felt guilty for even thinking of that, because it could be hurt by a car, or hurt someone's cat (like mine, which are very old and don't leave the porch where their big house is).

Not sure if there is any solution besides threat or chaos sometimes when the owners of a dog don't care though.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

Yeah my pets are my family too. I have tile/concrete floors in whole house, no living room furniture, easy to sweep/clean pretty much everything that IS there. Barking dogs make me nuts even if it is my own, 2 of mine do not bark one does but it's no biggie he gets one "Rocky shut it!!" and then in he comes and everyone, especially me, is happy lol. My littlest one is under my blanket next to me right now, she's such a bed hog

I Have 7 cats(to keep the mice down they are bad here), a cockatoo and a cocaktiel and my sisters in laws blue and gold macaw(god the bird stories, they are SO scary smart), 3 lizards, a tarantula, a goldfish, and 5 dogs, 3 mine 2 my mom's. We have 3 generations living in one house, me, my mom, my kid(well if you think 21 is a kid), my sis in law and her 4 kids lol. Bad economy? Pool resources, we are all way better off now than when we all had separate homes and being together is just awesome too.

There is no reason for dogs to bark, just bring them inside /shrug. If you don't want them inside don't own dogs or train them not to bark, it isn't rocket science ya know? Your annoying barking dog was probably lonely or bored, they are pack animals and when left to their own devices can get up to all kinds of mischief. The owners should have just brought him indoors.

Lil

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This just sick and I can not get how so many people can even symphatise with something like that... Nothing justifies killing 4 innocent people. These dogs could bark 24/7 and kids yelling, still it would be not excuse for taking another human being´s life.

I do not want to derail this topic to arguing about guns, although that is one of the reasons, why I believe mental health / addiction checks are a necessity in gun control. As far as it seems to me, it was not planned solution, but impulsive. The guy was known to have issues beforehand (depression, alcohol abuse,isolation) based on her ex-wifes statements. At some point he just snapped and took an impulsive decision. Later he realized what horror he had done and shot himself. He was a walking time bomb, anything could have set him off based on her description. That is one of the people who should not have a firearm in the first place and stronger mental health requirements would have prevented such an impulsive act.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

There is no reason for dogs to bark, just bring them inside /shrug. If you don't want them inside don't own dogs or train them not to bark, it isn't rocket science ya know? Your annoying barking dog was probably lonely or bored, they are pack animals and when left to their own devices can get up to all kinds of mischief. The owners should have just brought him indoors.

That's what I do. A lab and a shihtzu. I have a neighbour with a field behind me where he sometimes puts cattle. They were all black, and I taught my lab not to bark at them. It only took about a week, and he's mostly an indoor dog - he caught on very fast. A brown cow showed up in the mix, so I had to teach him that it was also a cow - don't bark at it.
Now it's coyote season, and I used to have a coy dog til she passed away, now every coyote he sees, he wags his tail and barks like he wants a friend.

Anytime he's outside barking loudly at something, I bring him in. If there's intruders out there, I'd rather have him at my side. What good is a watchdog if they're stuck outside, and someone breaks in?

I never could figure out how dog owners can sleep if their dogs are barking outside. I live in a rural area and I never leave my dogs outside at night, or if I'm not home. Packs of coyotes, or the one crazy neighbour can be a danger to a pet.
My shihtzu is always where I am, he's too little to go out on his own, even with the fence.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well a barking dog is absolutely no reason to commit murder. With that being said, out here in California you can call animal control on a barking dog but it takes endless letters from animal control to the dog owners until they will even visit the home. You also have to write down the date and time that the dog barks every time. Eventually if they don't quiet the dog up, Animal control will remove the dog from the home.

This process can take up to a year. I know because I went through it. These idiots next door to me allowed their dog to bark non-stop 24/7 for months on end. I work from home and it drove me almost insane. Nobody in the house could get any sleep. I tried to talk to these reclusive parasites of the neighborhood, but only got a "yeah sure we will quiet it down". Course they never did, so the process started. When the moron received the first letter from animal control he came over banging on my door.

Well, I guess he figured that he was going to get the nice guy who knocked on his door and asked him to please quiet up his dog, or that same guy who built and replaced the fence that we share for no charge. Instead he got the other me and never made the same mistake again. Finally after many letters and me threatening to sue him for harassment and loss of wages cause of stress, he purchased a shock collar which shocks the dog when it barks. I guess it was too much trouble for the idiot to get the dog trained, and this guy works for the Humane Society if you can even believe it?

The dog even dug holes under the fence and entered our yard a few times. Never even a sorry for all the trouble the dog has caused us. He had the nerve to ask me to put wire under and along the fence. Finally the moron did it himself after I told him I would shoot the dog if it came into my yard again. They don't pick up it's poop during the winter, they just spray it off the back patio into their bushes. The smell is horrible. I am considering calling the health department. If it's not one thing it's another with these imbeciles. These people are absolute inconsiderate slobs. I pray everyday that they move. Ok I am done ranting now, but that's my story. ~$heopleNation

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I haven't lived around a neighbour's barking dog for a few years now, but I once fixed the problem by making friends with the barking black shepherd and bringing her into my house at night.
It turned out to be a really sweet dog that was lonely.

Then I'd send her home in the daytime

There's always a better solution than killing

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Well the dog has poop all over it's paws because they don't pick it up, so I am not inviting it into my home. Plus, I don't believe that my two felines would take it so kindly. But yeah I understand what you're saying.

Honestly, I could not shoot a dog unless I felt my life was in danger. I love dogs, just not irresponsible dog owners. It's not the dog's fault, it's just being a dog. ~$heopleNation

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

amatrine
The comments on there condoning the murderer are just sick. Shows where are society has come.
We do not even know if the dogs barked all the time or just now and then, as that is not even mentioned.

I saw that article earlier today, and it made me angry those responses!

I don't think it would matter how often the dogs barked. The guy was abused as a child so maybe he associated the family pet barking with his father coming home and being abused, and those memories were triggered whenever a dog barked.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join