It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The light seen after death. If we have a choice, what to do?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Even the concept of love is too complex to be a factor as you describe, the meaning is extremely personal it can't even be described as good or evil, people kill for love and rationalize and balance feelings all their life so any concept you describe as love or an act of love is only so for you or someone that share your cultural and moral view point. Any higher conscience will not share humanity concepts and considerations (as much as you can evaluate an ant)...

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Night Star

droid56
Our memory of previous lives is wiped clean supposedly to prevent confusion. But could it be to eliminate progress made in terms of wisdom and moral level?

I never did understand that. I mean if we have previous lives, you would think we could learn from our past mistakes so that we may grow into being better human beings. If we forget those lives then what is the point?

We do learn. Even if the only thing we learn is that we didn't learn.

And we have to do it again....

edit on 10/26/2013 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

FlyersFan
Near Death Experiences ... It's All About Love

Near Death Experiences are very interesting. They tell the direct story of what is going to happen and of who God really is and what is expected of us in this life time.

People who have Near Death Experiences pop out of their bodies and see things and hear things at great distances that they couldn't have seen or heard while their bodies lay dead. That's proof that these things are real and not just 'brain chemicals misfiring'.

What people find out in these near death experiences ... that what matters is LOVE.

God doesn't stand there and demand to know if you went to Confession.
God doesn't stand there and demand to know if you had premarital sex.
God doesn't stand there and demand to know if you threw rocks at an imaginary demon.
God doesn't stand there and demand to know if you converted Catholics or Jews.
God doesn't stand there and demand to know if you ran between two hills.

God wants to know if you were loving towards each other. THAT IS IT.
That's what these Near Death Experiences say.
And many are proven to be real because of the information given while out of the body.
(seeing & hearing things far away that would be impossible to see and hear)

The behavior that we see from many of the religiously indoctrinated fundamentalists
(both Christian and Muslim) don't seem to have
a whole lot of love in it. I"m thinking they'll be in for a shocker when they die.
They'll get to the gates of heaven and be asked about LOVE ... not about how
they called people names who don't believe like them ... not about how they
beat women who dared to uncover their heads .. not about how they lied to further
their own religious cult ... not about how they clung to religious indoctrination even
when proven wrong. They'll be asked about LOVE ... and many of these religious
folks are going to fall seriously short.

You can get the exact same experience on lucy sky diamonds and mushrooms.... Down to a tie.
In fact this exactly what people are reporting when they slip into ego death.

That tells me religion is full of it... But I accept tha some people need more to make their life seem more valuable or death more pleasant. If you can achieve the same by inducing chemical processes without dying physically, then that tops so-called afterlife.
The things I saw under the influence could some times have been described as angels.
edit on 26/10/13 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

flice
You can get the exact same experience on lucy sky diamonds and mushrooms.... Down to a tie.

People having a drug trip don't pop out of their bodies and see things happening miles away .. or hear conversations that are happening in different parts of the building - all of which are confirmed later on as having happened. They do not have that ability. They hallucinate .... but they can't have out of body experiences with factual information like that without actually leaving the body.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Maybe our actual lives are over there and we have to come over here to learn how to deal with situations so we can advance in the spiritual realm.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
From Everything I've read and researched. You're right when you say many people who endure NDE's claim to sense an overwhelming light they often refer to as God or Jesus. We will never know for sure until we get there, but the latter fear that you've hinted at, about how it's a trap for souls for non human entities to feed off their energy and keep them trapped in the cycle of Re-incarnation is a lie perpetuated from The Dark realms. Scientology advocates this theory, and so do many other new age kind of beliefs. Steer clear from those teachings, you are loved. You are not meant to scramble to figure it out all and get enlightened or else experience horrifying death, reincarnation cycle because some ET's got you or something.
There is a greater plan, and it's bigger than anyone could imagine including myself. The closer you grow in tune with God, and the more your heart opens up to love him and love every soul the less and less these dangerous theories will effect you.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hate the light for trying to manipulate you with love and take control of you.

Most people talk about "merging" with the light and "destiny" and controling orders like karma.

It is just another way to control.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by truthofnitrous

i haven't died (yet) but i was also told this.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The fragility of the human ego is so considerable that in order to convince itself that it will continue after physical death it has created so many deceptions around itself, but the one it clings to the most is its greatest and oldest deceiver...religion.

Accounts of 'near death experience' (NDE) impute a connection to another self-deception...the 'afterlife'. The first and foremost aspect to consider regarding NDE is that there isn't the slightest shred of scientific evidence to support that it occurs. All that exists is ancedotal evidence. NDE is nothing more than a report, a report that rests on the pile of the 'hearsay' tray.

I'm sure that one or two of you may want others to believe in your belief of life after death, and will even recount a tale or two of having experienced your consciousness separate from your body, or even actually having experienced an NDE yourself. Well, I'm sorry, I don't believe you. You are either deluding yourself, or just being brazenly untrue.

The 'light' of the NDE is a reaction in cells as they begin to undergo their death process. Full body death of the animal (including human) does not occur instantaneously nor globally (i.e., whole bodily). Dying a natural death of old age comes modularly. Different parts of the body shutdown at different stages. If one suffers a heart attack or a cardiac arrest (and no, they are not the same), it leads to the shutting down of both the lungs and the brain, taking seconds for the former and minutes for the latter.

When a brain cell begins to undergo the death process it sends out a signal to let the body know it is dying and needs to be disposed of. When the whole brain dies, all of the cells send out the signal in one global 'light shout'. Fading consciousness is briefly re-enlivened, which leads to the lucid state experienced in NDE, using content from memory.

The physical body is the only power source available for consciousness, and once the body's power source shuts down and irrevocably shuts off...the organism dies. The state to which you return at death is the same state you held before you were born, and that is the oblivion of non-existence.

You never did pre-exist your current and only life. You don't have memories wiped before birth, because you never existed ever before this life you are living, and when this life is over, you will never exist again.

Stop deluding yourselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join