It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The light seen after death. If we have a choice, what to do?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Check out this thread by Wildtimes, OP. You might find it interesting. www.abovetopsecret.com...

You might also look up Mellen Thomas Benedict on YT. There are a bunch of videos of him. Note that I am not vouching for his authenticity. But I do find his story unique.

edit on 10/25/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Night Star
I have never heard of the light being a negative thing before, so I think I would seek it out. As for reincarnation, I sure hope we have the choice because no way am I coming back here again!
edit on 25-10-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

Yes, what a kick in the ass to have to come back. My first question will be what the hell was that all about, referring to my existence as a human.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Off to visit hubby in the hospital and do errands. will reply in here later today.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'd hate to burst your bubble but that light is nothing more than the last chemical processes firing like crazy as the brain winds down. You can get a completely similar experience by inducing ego-death via lucy sky diamonds or mushroooms, and it's quite pretty.

The interesting part is it will be what you want it to be... simply because it's going on inside your mind. Hence, a chrisitian will see the tunnel with the light at the end etc. A muslim would see it in another and so on.

My experience (which I intend to chase down next time) was that I was lying down, wearing a black suit. I was drifting on a placid quicksilver ocean as far as I could see. The sky was pitch black and creeping over the horizon was a bright light which I was drifting towards.

Now if you go and read various trip reports... and look up and listen to some of Terrence McKennas lectures, you'll soon realise that the so-called tunnel of light, is nothing more than you brain, robbed of sensory input, starts working on its own.
This is PROVEN by science this very year, when scientists discover what happens chemically in the brain when psilocybin is introduced. It actually shuts down the communication between the front brain and the back part.
They saw this by scanning the brain under controlled situations.... It appears as the bloodflow is also reduced, which explains why you tend to be very still when tripping on mushrooms.

Weak blood flow is the same that happens just before the brain dies.

As such, the experience you can get from ingesting enough mushrooms, comes very close if not exceeds the experience of dying.

The best part of doing the ego-death thing is that, if you are able to let go and "die", you'll be taken to a place where people re-call being at complete peace... no feelings what so ever, just being and intense light along with a feeling of being loved. Some non-religious people even report that they felt being carried by God or a god.

I can easily see how people with near death experiences would see what they see, how ever "culture" has taught us that this is "heaven" or this is "paradise".... but merely, it's simply the representation of the amazing universe that lives inside our own brain.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

In regards to wether or not you should go to the light? Well... if you are truly dying, decide... is death better, do you understand what I understand; that life is nothing more than a journey and that what we call a body ie merely a vessel that our energy can inhabit while enduring "life"? If you do understand, by all means, go to it... because it doesn't end here, but you wont go to heaven either, because heaven is a figment of imagination made by culture to give you something concrete to relate to, because "culture" actually can't explain what it is.

If you don't understand and you are grasping on to life for no apparent reason, then don't. The thing is... once you go into the light, that is the first step towards ego-death, and once the ego is dead, you loose control over your body.

How do people come back from near death? Well, my guess is that they are some of the few "lucky" ones that have such strong egos that it managed to fight the moving on process.
Normally when you go into ego-death and you start being in that beautiful light where there are no emotions, you also loose incentive to go back. It's simply that nice... no worries no recollection of yourself or "life", time becomes unimportant and you are everything and everything is you.

You can also obtain something that resembles this through meditation, but my guess is that it will take long hard work to slay the ego to obtain transcendence that way.

Best of luck to ya.

PS. I'll slay my ego in a couple of weeks... I'll report back here what I saw... if that will at all be possible for me. Supposedly most of it lacks explanation due to there being no words to describe it.
edit on 25/10/13 by flice because: (no reason given)

edit on 25/10/13 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
@flice....
''that light is nothing more than the last chemical processes firing like crazy as the brain winds down. You can get a completely similar experience by inducing ego-death via lucy sky diamonds or mushroooms, and it's quite pretty''.
@I was actually about to reply on thise lines. The white light that people see are most probably symptoms of a brain shutting down. The feelings of euphoria and calm are probablysimilar to those caused by mind altering drugs, The mind becomes expanded leading to feelings / thoughts about the universe that wouldn't arise under normal circumstances. Maybe we are so hardwired to subconsciously link death with the afterlife and meeting God, so a person going through NdE automatically makes these associations. Or maybe there really is sonething to NDEs. I dont know, but I wouldn't try and convince someone who's had an NDE that it was all the chemicals in his brain.
edit on 25-10-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Well when my son had his NDE, it was midnight but he was standing out his body. The entire world was bathed in light brighter than the noon day sun, and he said there was a light image on the wall. He couldn't look down or move his feet, but he knew that he had a choice to make. he was super aware, he could hear a pin drop for miles, had expanded consciousnes and awareness. He knew going home would be the happiest thing he could wish for but that he loved his family and wanted to help here. And so he couldn't move or look down and the light being, who he thought was either an angel or his Higher Self, assisted. He was standing over a 5 foot vortex, half on the bed and half off, and suddenly woke up in his body.

But as for the it being a brain chemistry event. He was extremely deathly ill when the swine flu killing people in mexico, and had collapsed at the bed, after waking on the couch and going upstairs around midnight.

When he opened his eyes, he was completely cured. His health completely restored.
edit on 25-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Near Death Experiences ... It's All About Love

Near Death Experiences are very interesting. They tell the direct story of what is going to happen and of who God really is and what is expected of us in this life time.

People who have Near Death Experiences pop out of their bodies and see things and hear things at great distances that they couldn't have seen or heard while their bodies lay dead. That's proof that these things are real and not just 'brain chemicals misfiring'.

What people find out in these near death experiences ... that what matters is LOVE.

God doesn't stand there and demand to know if you went to Confession.
God doesn't stand there and demand to know if you had premarital sex.
God doesn't stand there and demand to know if you threw rocks at an imaginary demon.
God doesn't stand there and demand to know if you converted Catholics or Jews.
God doesn't stand there and demand to know if you ran between two hills.

God wants to know if you were loving towards each other. THAT IS IT.
That's what these Near Death Experiences say.
And many are proven to be real because of the information given while out of the body.
(seeing & hearing things far away that would be impossible to see and hear)

The behavior that we see from many of the religiously indoctrinated fundamentalists
(both Christian and Muslim) don't seem to have
a whole lot of love in it. I"m thinking they'll be in for a shocker when they die.
They'll get to the gates of heaven and be asked about LOVE ... not about how
they called people names who don't believe like them ... not about how they
beat women who dared to uncover their heads .. not about how they lied to further
their own religious cult ... not about how they clung to religious indoctrination even
when proven wrong. They'll be asked about LOVE ... and many of these religious
folks are going to fall seriously short.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Can you tell us about love?
edit on 26-10-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

The dictionary responses ...

- an intense feeling of deep affection.
- unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another
- the fatherly concern of God for humankind
- brotherly concern for others

The scripture responses - (1 Corinthians 13 )

Love is patient; love is kind. Love is not jealous, it does not put on airs, it is not snobbish. Love is never rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not prone to anger; neither does it brood over injuries. Love does not rejoice in what is wrong but rejoices with the truth. There is no limit to love's forbearance, to its trust, its hope, its power to endure.

Now ... take that and measure your life with it. THAT is what the Near Death Experiences say you will be measured by at the end of your life.

It isn't going to be ... 'did you have homosexual sex' ... 'did you cling to religious indoctrination even though you were given proof that it was error' ... 'did you bow five times a day toward a city or pray your rosary out of duty' ... 'did you threaten to hurt or kill people who didn't believe like you' ... 'did you tell people who didn't believe like you that they were evil or 'garbage'' ...

What nearly all the near death experiences say the question is ... did you LOVE.

There are going to be a lot of so-called religious people who are in for a big surprise when they self righteously get to the gates of heaven and find that they completely FAILED in life ...

ETA -

Itisnowagain
Do you consider yourself safe when the time comes? Are you loving?

That'll be for God to measure. He see's things very differently than we do.
He's the ultimate psychologist .. understanding our moods and temperaments and
ability to understand ... etc etc etc ....
edit on 10/26/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Do you consider yourself safe when the time comes?
Do you see yourself as loving?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I'll look back at my body...if it's F.U.B.A.R..... I'll go towards the Light.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Soloprotocol

If I ever see it ... I"m outta' here! Seriously .... I'm looking forward to it. And I hope never to be
reincarnated into an organic body again. (if there is reincarnation) YUK. SIckness, disease, pain, suffering, being at the mercy of really stupid people running the planet and other really stupid people pushing their stupidity onto others .... UGH.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

FlyersFan

Soloprotocol

If I ever see it ... I"m outta' here! Seriously .... I'm looking forward to it. And I hope never to be
reincarnated into an organic body again. (if there is reincarnation) YUK. SIckness, disease, pain, suffering, being at the mercy of really stupid people running the planet and other really stupid people pushing their stupidity onto others .... UGH.

It seems that you are not enjoying yourself so are not loving it.
If it is about loving then you will not be safe when the time comes.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Itisnowagain
It seems that you are not enjoying yourself so are not loving it.
If it is about loving then you will not be safe when the time comes.

It's not about loving life or loving being here .. it's about GIVING LOVE and BEING LOVING TOWARD EACH OTHER. Big difference.

As I said ... it's up to GOD to judge if people have been loving toward each other
or not. He's the ultimate psychologist and he can see intent and ability whereas
people here can not.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Do you consider this being loving to another?

FlyersFan
Deal with it. (and try not to have a hissy-fit and
scream at the scientists who have proven you wrong ... that's immature and ignorant)

End of discussion.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

There is nothing wrong with what I said. It's just fine. So no .. I"m not headed to hell because I told people to deal with the truth and not to yell at those who bring them the truth.

Better luck next time pushing me over the cliff into hell.

I'll let GOD be the judge. He does a better job.

ETA ... oh ... and I'm NOT the topic of the thread.
So you really should be getting back on topic.

edit on 10/26/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

FlyersFan

There is nothing wrong with what I said. It's just fine. So no .. I"m not headed to hell because I told people to deal with the truth and not to yell at those who bring them the truth.

So 'your truth' is right so you can be unloving to those who do not believe 'your truth'?
I get it.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Itisnowagain
So 'your truth' is right so you can be unloving to those who do not believe 'your truth'?
I get it.

You don't get squat. Looks like my post just irked you. That's your problem. Not mine.
And it's not 'my truth' .. it's just truth. Again .. deal with it.

The Near Death Experiences said it's about LOVE.
It isn't about 'converting' homosexuals to live a heterosexual life.
It's not about going to confession.
It's not about screaming at those who don't worship the same as you.
It's not about memorizing bible verses or the Qu'ran.

It's about love of neighbor. That's it.

You don't like it?? Take it up with God. He's the one who set this whole thing up.

AND I"M NOT THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD.
You did exactly what I said not to ... you went all trippy on the messenger.
Get on topic .. and I"m not it. Near Death Experiences are.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
ON TOPIC

The light seen after death. If we have a choice, what to do?

From what I've read, there is no choice. Eventually everyone has to go in front of 'the light'.
Maybe some folks can put it off and be ghosts for a while .. but eventually everyone goes.
That's what I've read anyways. Like everyone else I have no idea if that's true or not.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Without the light you will not appear to exist. Nothing will appear to exist without the light being present.
There would be just pure awareness with nothing appearing.

In deep sleep you have no idea that you are in a bed - you do not know you exist - when dreaming happens there is a light show seen, experienced. On waking nothingness becomes full of light and a world is experienced.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join