It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The majority thinks Christians are judgemental and stupid

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
i want to clarify what i meant by "YOU are creating the heavens and the earth."
the reason you are creating/manifesting the heavens and the earth is because you
are created/copied in the image of god and god gave you this ability. in fact,
you don't even have to think about it, to manifest it, you just have to consciously record the data.

edit on 27-10-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

“Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ.

What is a/the "Christ"?

Did you know that "Christ" Christos/Chrestus was an ancient cult, and that many people were called "Christs", including Caasar, who was wearing the title at the time, during the life of Jesus?

"Give back to Caesar what is Caesar's" (Mark 12:17)

Do you really think that Jesus would accept a title that was pagan and that Caesar was using?

Jesus "Christ" certainly never existed. Jesus the Nazarene, perhaps.

edit on 27-10-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

Right. Christ is the greek work Christos and is equivalent to the Hebrew word mashiach, or messiah. It means "anointed one". To use this label for oneself means that you're claiming to be anointed. Most often this title was given to Kings because, most kings were anointed during their coronation rather than receiving a crown. And we see that Jesus of Nazareth, when questioned by Pilate whether he was "King of the Jews" affirmed that indeed he is a King. Luke 23:2-3 Would Jesus accept the title that is frequently given to kings? I don't see why not, being that he is KING OF KINGS. Jesus "Christ" is our way of identifying who Jesus is and was...He is the king...He is the Messiah....referring to him as Jesus of Nazareth is our way of humanizing him while Jesus the Christ is our way of confirming his kingship and divine anointing.

A2D

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

The thing is, Paul taught about a false Jesus, one that came to die for sins. Not once does Jesus ever say you must believe he died for your sins to be saved, in fact he taught that good works are what save, hence "love thy neighbor" and "keep my commandments".

I believe in Jesus and keep his commandments, yet I am going to hell because of what Paul said? The guy who said to walk blindly? Sorry, but I'm not going to let a man who taught blindness to lead me into a pit.

Do you even realize just how many loopholes you have to jump through in order to justify your beliefs? Even the OP said he would keep believing even if his belief was proved wrong. There are some major problems with your faith because it is blind faith.

You even agreed that you are blind! How much more obvious can it be?
edit on 27-10-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

This saddens me.

Paul and Christ were in total agreement. Luke recorded Paul's conversion in the book of Acts and we clearly see that Paul was chosen by Christ. And as for the scriptures...

Jesus - "For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes," (John 5:21).
Paul - "For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all shall be made alive," (1 Cor. 15:22).

Jesus - "I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep," (John 10:11)
Paul - "and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you, and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma," (Eph. 5:2).

Jesus - "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am," (John 8:58)
Paul - "For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form," (Col. 2:9).

Jesus - "For if you forgive men for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you," (Matt. 6:14).
Paul - "And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you," (Eph. 4:32).

Jesus - "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life," (John 5:24).
Paul - "Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,"

Jesus - "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill,"
Paul - "Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law,"

Jesus - "You shall not commit murder; You shall not commit adultery; You shall not steal; You shall not bear false witness; 19 Honor your father and mother; and You shall love your neighbor as yourself,"
Paul - "Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. 9 For this, "You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet," and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." 10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor; love therefore is the fulfillment of the law," (Rom. 13:8-10)

Paul and Jesus were in direct agreement. Can you point to anything which says they weren't? Can you also point out where Paul denies that Jesus is THE Christ, the messiah...the anointed one of God? Anywhere?

You are not going to hell because of what Paul said...If you believe in Jesus as Christ and keep His commands then you also are keeping everything Paul has written about because THOSE ARE ALSO COMMANDS OF CHRIST.

If a king sends a messenger to a peasant with some sort of command....Does the peasant say, "well surely the king will not imprison me for not following the command of this messenger..."

I jump through ZERO loopholes. For there are no loopholes. There are no holes. And there are no loops.

A2D

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I really hate that this turned into a Paul vs Jesus thread, because it is off topic, but I will indulge it one last time. Here are just a few examples of how Paul contradicts Jesus:

Romans 13
12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

Paul says that the time is near.

Luke 21
8 And He said, "See to it that you are not misled; for many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not go after them.

Jesus says not to follow someone claiming the time is near.

----------------------------------------

Romans 14
9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

Paul says that Jesus was the god of both the living and the dead.

Luke 20
38 He is not the God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive.

Jesus says that God is not God of the dead, only the living.

Ephesians 1
7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace

Paul says forgiveness came through Jesus dying on the cross.

Matthew 6
14 For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you

Jesus says that forgiveness comes through you forgiving others yourself.

1 Corinthians 15
31 I protest, brothers, by my pride in you, which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die every day!

Paul says that he dies every day.

John 11
26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?

Jesus says that those who believe in him will never die.

1 Corinthians 4
15 Even if you had ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel.

Paul calls himself father.

Matthew 23
9 And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

Jesus says not to call anyone on Earth father.

1 Timothy 2
11 For this I was appointed a preacher and apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying), a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.

Paul calls himself a teacher. Also notice how he insists "I am not lying". Sounds like something a liar would say to me.

Matthew 23
8 But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brethren.

Jesus says not to call yourself rabbi, a.k.a. teacher.

I'll stop right there, but I could go on. Now, let's see you try and create loop holes and jump through them.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
'Majority' of who?...

Judgemental - definitely, more often than not in the passive-agressive sense.

Stupid?...a lot of these kinds of threads veer off into the argument of whether mickey mouse had swivelling ears or not, and the illumined, quoting the documentation that supports thier view...

Å99

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

Romans 13
12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

Luke 21
8 And He said, "See to it that you are not misled; for many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not go after them.

Romans 14
9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

Luke 20
38 He is not the God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive.

Ephesians 1
7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace

Matthew 6
14 For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you

1 Corinthians 15
31 I protest, brothers, by my pride in you, which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die every day!

John 11
26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?

1 Corinthians 4
15 Even if you had ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel.

Matthew 23
9 And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

1 Timothy 2
11 For this I was appointed a preacher and apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying), a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.

Matthew 23
8 But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brethren.

Funny. Heard every single one of these before and most of them are taken out of context.

Roman 13:12 doesn't refer to the day of the coming of the Lord. Taken out of context it could appear that way.

Romans 14:9 Is Paul stating that God redeems and saves those who have died and those who are still alive
Luke 20:38 says "FOR TO HIM ALL ARE ALIVE"....that's basically Jesus saying 'God of the dead and the alive', because both the dead and the alive ARE ALIVE. There is no distinction between the two.

Matthew 6:14 is being used out of context as well. Jesus isn't saying "if you forgive others you'll be forgiven and go to heaven"...There's more to it than that. John6:28 Therefore they said to Him, "What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?" 29Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent." 30So they said to Him, "What then do You do for a sign, so that we may see, and believe You? What work do You perform?…
Jesus says you gotta believe....or as Paul puts it, you gotta have faith.
and Matthew 26:28 "This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins." Shows that Jesus acknowledges his blood is poured out for the forgiveness of sins...just like Paul reiterates.

I mean...I could go on and on...but clearly you have something against Paul and ultimately against God's chosen people....and I really don't find it necessary to continue because God has hardened your heart. He has given you over to a reprobate mind and I'd rather not cast my pearls before swine at this point....

A2D
(If you ever truly want to listen, feel free to U2U me any time.)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

akushla99
'
Stupid?...a lot of these kinds of threads veer off into the argument of whether mickey mouse had swivelling ears or not, and the illumined, quoting the documentation that supports thier view...

Å99

You mean like this one did? lol

Thank you for your contribution.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

LoneGunMan

akushla99
'

Å99

Yes - exactly the way this one has...slabs of mindless dribble, moving in a completely circular motion, using the text to verify the text - when the the OP question has absolutely nothing to do with what the text of the little golden book says, or how anybody chooses to interpret it - do mickeys' ears swivel?

You're welcome, at least I didn't report it for going waaay off topic and taking up server space with slabs of text...

Have a beautiful day/night.

Å99

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Roman 13:12 doesn't refer to the day of the coming of the Lord. Taken out of context it could appear that way.

Oh really? Because the section of the chapter in question is "The day is near".

Romans 13
11 And do this, understanding the present time: The hour has already come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.

What could he possibly mean by this other than the coming of the Lord? The thing is, I'm not taking anything out of context, you are creating your own. If he is not talking about the day of the Lord, what is he talking about? Please enlighten me.

Romans 14:9 Is Paul stating that God redeems and saves those who have died and those who are still alive
Luke 20:38 says "FOR TO HIM ALL ARE ALIVE"....that's basically Jesus saying 'God of the dead and the alive', because both the dead and the alive ARE ALIVE. There is no distinction between the two.

There most definitely IS a distinction between the two, otherwise Jesus wouldn't have said what he said. If all are alive in the eyes of God, then why does Paul imply there are such things as dead people?

You are ignoring the contradiction and creating one of those loopholes that you say doesn't exist.

Matthew 6:14 is being used out of context as well. Jesus isn't saying "if you forgive others you'll be forgiven and go to heaven"...There's more to it than that. John6:28 Therefore they said to Him, "What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?" 29Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent." 30So they said to Him, "What then do You do for a sign, so that we may see, and believe You? What work do You perform?…
Jesus says you gotta believe....or as Paul puts it, you gotta have faith.
and Matthew 26:28 "This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins." Shows that Jesus acknowledges his blood is poured out for the forgiveness of sins...just like Paul reiterates.

The best way to create loopholes is to cross reference completely unrelated books and chapters. Classic case of denial.

Jesus says that to be forgiven, you must first forgive. It's all right there, you just refuse to see it.

I mean...I could go on and on...but clearly you have something against Paul and ultimately against God's chosen people....and I really don't find it necessary to continue because God has hardened your heart. He has given you over to a reprobate mind and I'd rather not cast my pearls before swine at this point....

No, by all means continue. You've gone this far, why not explain the rest away with loopholes? Why did Paul call himself father when Jesus forbid it? Why did he call himself a teacher when Jesus forbid it?

I think the real reason you decided to cut it off there is because you can't explain why. You don't understand why there is a contradiction, but you still believe anyways. That's called blind faith.

I like the pearls and swine verse, it seems to be the typical get out of jail free card for Christians.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

How about this, instead of getting caught up in 'theology'....let me just ask you one question.

What was the core message of Jesus' ministry? And how does that core differ from any of the other core messages found within any of the NT books?

While I served in the USMC we often heard the phrase "keep it simple stupid" or "break it down Barney style"....so that's what I'll attempt to do here....Theological debates will lead nowhere if we do not have a solid grasp on the actual message and intent of the gospels...

A2D

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

"I like the pearls and swine verse, it seems to be the typical get out of jail free card for Christians. " Quote 3NL1GHT3N3D1

We have some pretty accomplished jewellers here on ATS, that can spot a fake pearl when they see one...

The OP's story is a great one...why did it all go pear shaped...again...

Å99

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Right. Christ is the greek work Christos and is equivalent to the Hebrew word mashiach, or messiah.

The Greek and Roman followers of the Chrestus and Christos cults were NOT Jews, and were not looking forward to a Messiah.

What is being revealed here is that what is written literally in the sacred writings of the people we call Pagans, is not the true and genuine message that is being conveyed to the enlightened members of the Pagan religions -- who by reason of their enlightenment, were called Christians. All these many stories and myths pertaining to gods and goddesses were in reality pertaining to the manifestation of the laws and divine powers throughout all of Creation.

Thus, if we are truly perceptive, we must begin to admit that we haven’t the slightest idea what the true Pagan initiate believed. Moreover, what we should really take to heart and be concerned about from our own religious perspective is the fact that these initiates were referred to as Christians prior to the time of Jesus -- and their gods where spoken of as the Christos, or Christ.
nazirene.org...

Early followers of Jesus the Nazarene were called Nazarenes or Nazorites. They weren't referred to as Christians until almost the 4th century.

Act 24:5
For we have found this man a pestilent fellow, and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes:

It means "anointed one". To use this label for oneself means that you're claiming to be anointed.

There are lots of people from Bible stories that were anointed, but, Jesus was never anointed. And don't tell me that some woman, who used to be a prostitute and was supposedly possessed with 7 demons anointed Jesus' feet. Feet are not ceremonially anointed.

...when questioned by Pilate whether he was "King of the Jews" affirmed that indeed he is a King.

No he didn't.

Luke 23:2
And they began to accuse him, saying, We found this fellow perverting the nation, and forbidding to give tribute to Caesar, saying that he himself is Christ a king.
3 And Pilate asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And he answered him and said, Thou sayest it.
4 Then said Pilate to the chief priests and to the people, I find no fault in this man.

Would Jesus accept the title that is frequently given to kings? I don't see why not, being that he is KING OF KINGS.

Jesus never claimed to be "King of the Jews" or of kings. If he had claimed to be "King of the Jews" Pilate would have found him guilty.

Jesus clearly stated that this world is NOT his kingdom.

Jesus "Christ" is our way of identifying who Jesus is and was...He is the king...He is the Messiah....referring to him as Jesus of Nazareth is our way of humanizing him while Jesus the Christ is our way of confirming his kingship and divine anointing.

Christ is a made up, interpolated name for Jesus that the Catholic church used to convert pagans. Jesus Christ never existed. Your scripture is invalid.

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

The name "Christ" is an interpolation of scripture. Jesus "Christ" never existed. Jesus the Nazarene, if he existed, would never had accepted that tittle. This verse is an attempt to justify "The Trinity" which Jesus also never taught.

edit on 27-10-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Do unto others as they would do unto you and love God with all your heart and with all your your soul and with all your mind. That's it.

Love is what saves, if everyone loved each other heaven would be on Earth. There would be no greed, war, poverty, pollution, corruption, etc. This is the promised land, and the promise has already been fulfilled, only we are destroying it from lack of love.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

akushla99

LoneGunMan

akushla99
'

Å99

Yes - exactly the way this one has...slabs of mindless dribble, moving in a completely circular motion, using the text to verify the text - when the the OP question has absolutely nothing to do with what the text of the little golden book says, or how anybody chooses to interpret it - do mickeys' ears swivel?

You're welcome, at least I didn't report it for going waaay off topic and taking up server space with slabs of text...

Å99

Here's the problem...."Many people think Christians are judgmental and stupid" BECAUSE they don't have a solid grasp of the actual foundation for Christianity....they don't UNDERSTAND what the book is saying and so they think "well this christian just told me that being homosexual is a sin, what a stupid, judgmental, ***************" ....Meanwhile they don't even bother asking WHY the christian believes that homosexuality is a sin....

And we all know that to fix a problem such as this, you need to fix the root cause...in this case the cause is misunderstanding of christian beliefs and foundations.

A2D

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

Do unto others as they would do unto you and love God with all your heart and with all your your soul and with all your mind. That's it.

Love is what saves, if everyone loved each other heaven would be on Earth. There would be no greed, war, poverty, pollution, corruption, etc. This is the promised land, and the promise has already been fulfilled, only we are destroying it from lack of love.

Sorry. This is wrong. Although love and compassion was a key point, it was not the core of his message.

Why would the Romans AND SPECIFICALLY THE JEWS have such disdain for a man preaching simple love of thy neighbor and love for God? Why would he be crucified for such a simple message? He wouldn't. His message was much more than just love.

The thing that Jesus preached most was concerning the Kingdom.

Now after John was arrested, Jesus came to Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God has come near; repent, and believe in the good news’” (Mark 1:14-15).

This is the core of Jesus' ministry....the phrase "Kingdom of God" appears over 50 times in the NTgospels...and the very similar "Kingdom of Heaven" appears over 30 times in the book of Matthew...

And even more clearly....Jesus says, “I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other cities also; for I was sent for this purpose” (Luke 4:43).

and
Luke 24:45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

He's sending the disciples out to preach what they've heard and witnessed. He isn't sending them out to preach love....What did these disciples go preach? Well, we see what they preached in the book of Acts...they preached verse 47 up there....repentance for the forgiveness of sins....

Now, can I ask you what is the "kingdom" of God?

A2D
edit on 27-10-2013 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Actually . . . WRONG,

The NT mentions that they were first called Christians in Antioch.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Agree2Disagree

akushla99

LoneGunMan

akushla99
'

Å99

Å99

Here's the problem...."Many people think Christians are judgmental and stupid" BECAUSE they don't have a solid grasp of the actual foundation for Christianity....they don't UNDERSTAND what the book is saying and so they think "well this christian just told me that being homosexual is a sin, what a stupid, judgmental, ***************" ....Meanwhile they don't even bother asking WHY the christian believes that homosexuality is a sin....

And we all know that to fix a problem such as this, you need to fix the root cause...in this case the cause is misunderstanding of christian beliefs and foundations.

A2D

Cheers...but here's the OTHER problem...
Assuming that all the people who might say this are unfamiliar with the golden book...or more...

Judgemental people are judgemental people - perhaps the majority of judgemental people are attracted to the motif of JUDGEMENT that ensues from a literal reading of the text?!

Stupid people are stupid people - perhaps stupid people are attracted to (in particular) Christianity because all that's needed is to quote a few bonmots from the little golden book, and bobs yer uncle!?

OP story is not that unfamiliar, even outside the christian paradigm (although it is waved away with the dismissal of being led astray by the d evil)...shame that this has become the standard response...and it kinda does smack of stupidity and a judgement beyond station to make...

Å99

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by windword

Actually . . . WRONG,

The NT mentions that they were first called Christians in Antioch.

The NT can't be trusted. You can't use the Bible to prove the Bible is true. The words "Christ" and "Christian" were interpolated into the scripture at a later date to accommodate pagans.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

If I am wrong, then why did Jesus say this?

John 15
10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.

He said to keep his commandments in order to stay in his and his Father's love.

Guess what! If we all kept his commandments, every single last one of us, the Kingdom of God would be here on Earth. The Kingdom of God is within you!

Luke 17
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

We are in the Kingdom already, only we have neglected it. The world around us is a reflection of our own inner nature, and since the ones who run things are bitter and greedy, so too is the world.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

windword

Early followers of Jesus the Nazarene were called Nazarenes or Nazorites. They weren't referred to as Christians until almost the 4th century.

Early followers of Jesus were called many things by many people....but they rarely called themselves anything in particular...Often times they used "brethren" "disciples" "apostles" "servants" "believers" "followers" "the faithful""the elect" "the called" or "saints."

In Acts we see the first appearance of the term "christian", which wasn't the 4th century as you seem to believe....The pagans at Antioch called them "christians" Acts 11:26; 26:28

There are lots of people from Bible stories that were anointed, but, Jesus was never anointed.

So when the Holy Spirit descends upon Jesus at the river Jordan at the time of his baptism...that's not an anointing?

No he didn't.

Luke 23:2
And they began to accuse him, saying, We found this fellow perverting the nation, and forbidding to give tribute to Caesar, saying that he himself is Christ a king.
3 And Pilate asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And he answered him and said, Thou sayest it.
4 Then said Pilate to the chief priests and to the people, I find no fault in this man.

He didn't? Christ never denied that he was King of the Jews, yet he never directly confirmed it either. So here's the pickle...Try Matthew 2 "Where is he that is born King of the Jews?"....Or Matthew 27...[37] "And set up over his head his accusation written, THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS."....or John 18 where Pilate himself calls Jesus king of the jews...."[39] But ye have a custom, that I should release unto you one at the passover: will ye therefore that I release unto you the King of the Jews?" or John 19 where Pilate quotes Jesus as to saying "I am King of the Jews".....[21] Then said the chief priests of the Jews to Pilate, Write not, The King of the Jews; but that he said, I am King of the Jews.....

Most astonishing that Pilate puts the words of Jesus as "I AM KING OF THE JEWS"...but you don't think Jesus ever claimed such....

Christ is a made up, interpolated name for Jesus that the Catholic church used to convert pagans. Jesus Christ never existed. Your scripture is invalid.

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

The name "Christ" is an interpolation of scripture. Jesus "Christ" never existed. Jesus the Nazarene, if he existed, would never had accepted that tittle. This verse is an attempt to justify "The Trinity" which Jesus also never taught.

I don't know if you realize this or not, but when we say Jesus Christ, we mean Jesus THE Christ, as a title not a name.......It's an important distinction to make....and Jesus clearly accepted all sorts of titles. Early disciples called him Lord. He was given the title "Son of God" which definitely points to some "anointing" of some sort...which is exactly what the title CHRIST does...It is simply a title that identifies Jesus as THE CHRIST...THE SON OF GOD....THE ANOINTED ONE...nothing less, nothing more...

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join