It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Evidence of US War Crimes in Falluja

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I wonder how many atrocities were not taken on camera by chance ...

Top news: 16 November 2004, Tuesday.

An American TV crew has filmed a US Marine shooting dead an unarmed Iraqi as he was lying on the floor of a Fallujah mosque.

A reporter at the scene said the marine shot in the head the Iraqi - apparently wounded - after saying he was "faking" death.

If the man had posed no threat to US troops, his death would be in breach of the US-led coalition's rules of engagement, CNN commented.

The footage, part of a television pool report by NBC, was not aired entirely because of its graphic pictures of violence, though audio of fired shots were broadcast.

The Marine seen shooting the man was part of a squad from the 3rd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment, which had been part of intense house-to-house fighting in southern Falluja.

The Marine in the videotape has been removed from his unit and taken to the headquarters of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force.

The US military has launched an investigating into a possible war crime.

www.novinite.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Your title should read:

Video evidence of a possible US war crime in Iraq. Of course there is no doubt that the enemy commits war crimes on regular basis, but what the hey. They're the enemy.

One young Marine stressed out from days of house to house combat, who was himself wounded the day before, who has seen his friends killed by insurgents faking death and bodies rigged with explosives, makes an error in judgement and the whole world is yelling "War Crimes."

You people make me sick.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   

One young Marine stressed out from days of house to house combat, who was himself wounded the day before, who has seen his friends killed by insurgents faking death and bodies rigged with explosives, makes an error in judgement and the whole world is yelling "War Crimes."

Grady, you took the words right out of my mouth!! These SOB's are doing everything imaginable to kill us, then one US soldier screws up and we're the bad guys. Rest assured the US press will make this event THE story of the week. Never mind these thugs have been killing our guys left and right...WE'RE the bad guys! These "insurgents" want to make Iraq and the entire globe a Muslim dictatorship with "Allah" at the head and them doing his dirty work. Give me a break! I have an idea for the peacenicks on ATS...let's stick our heads back in the sand just like the Clinton years and ignore the rest of the globe. If we don't p!ss them off, they won't bother us...never mind they kill women and children daily to suit their needs. If it's not happening in the CONUS, it ain't happening! Naieve at best...sad at the very least.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
That's irrelevent Grady. The U.S. does not only advocate against such measures such as the Geneva Accord, but uses it against other countries; these 'enemies' are not a 'nation', per sa, and did not sign a contract that warrants them to abide by such war measures.

Stressed out or not, it does not justify breaking such measures and killing a wounded enemy. And the rest of what you stated is subjective. I could give a rats ass what he went through the day before, you abide by Geneva when in said circumstance no matter what. You are there to bring 'civilized' society to these people, you don't shoot them when they are down. Also, that did not seem like an error in judgement, esp not with his remarks after killing the man.

You can keep that last remark to yourself, please, don't degrade the forums with such speak.

Deep

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The atrocity was taken on camera only by chance there are probably hundreds more of these cases. The US Marines, in general, do not seem to adhere to international conventions : the reports about war crimes (shooting into civilian crowds, use of forbidden weapons, etc...) are numerous. This single case is therefore representative of the whole US Marines crazed mentality 'Satan is in Falluja' in general. US Marines should not be allowed into combat zones, as long as they do not rebabtize into SS Marines, because they simply seem unable to respect the elementary rules of modern civilized warfare.

[edit on 16-11-2004 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Openminded.

The Clinton years? You mean the very same president who break article 13 (14??) of the U.D - Universal declaration of Human Rights - after he sent all those Haitiens packing after they escaped from political prosecution ?

Right...

These "insurgents" want to make Iraq and the entire globe a Muslim dictatorship with "Allah" at the head and them doing his dirty work.

Who are these 'insurgents', i mean, they must be affliated with a certian Islamic fundamentalist group, no ? Can you give me that name please, i would really like to know 'WHO' we are fighting. I would also like to know how you concluded that these 'insurgents' are fighting to take over the world ?

Also, remember something, 'GOD' is at the head of the United States Goverenment; remember, America is still a country that has disregarded it's pluralistic ideals and replaced them with Christian ones instead..

Deep

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   

US Marines should not be allowed into combat zones

Question....who are you gonna send in their place? Freedom is NOT free and these guys are the best at WAR. Hey, I don't like seeing women and kids wounded but if they're fighting for Al Quaida then death is their due toll. How soon we forget, THEY STARTED THIS SH!T and our Marines are gonna END it!

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
That's irrelevent Grady. The U.S. does not only advocate against such measures such as the Geneva Accord, but uses it against other countries; these 'enemies' are not a 'nation', per sa, and did not sign a contract that warrants them to abide by such war measures.

Anyone with the intelligence of a ham sandwich would have noticed that the United States investigates and prosecutes its war criminals, Zero.

Of course having never been in combat you wouldn't understand anything about being in mortal danger and what it does to your central nervous system.

And of course, I have never seen you respond to the crimes commited by these thugs on a daily basis.

The news was awash with news of the insurgents having wiped out an entire family just two days ago.

Where were you then, Zero?

[edit on 04/11/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Can you give me that name please, i would really like to know 'WHO' we are fighting.

ISLAMIC RADICALS. Yeah we have Cristian freaks inside our borders too, but last time I checked, they didn't fly airplanes into buildings.

[edit on 11/16/2004 by OpenMinded]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpenMinded

US Marines should not be allowed into combat zones

Question....who are you gonna send in their place? Freedom is NOT free and these guys are the best at WAR. Hey, I don't like seeing women and kids wounded but if they're fighting for Al Quaida then death is their due toll. How soon we forget, THEY STARTED THIS SH!T and our Marines are gonna END it!

It was the US who illegally invaded Iraq, and not the opposite. If the US can't even stick to legal means of warfare, then i feel really sorry for you guys... Winning hearts and minds, hmm ?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   

It was the US who illegally invaded Iraq

WOW. we really could have used you in the CIA when we were gathering intelligence before this war. Why didn't you volunteer your services? We went to war based on available intel garnered by folks more qualified than you or I. Isn't it easy to Monady morning quarterback this whole thing and claim the Iraq war is unjust?

Sadaam was a WMD in and of himself who needed to be stopped. I'm amazed the civil rights and peaceknicks weren't bitching before the war about the conditions in Iraq but they're screaming at the top of their lungs now.

[edit on 11/16/2004 by OpenMinded]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Anyone with the intelligence of a ham sandwich would have noticed that the United States investigates and prosecutes its war criminals, Zero.

What a joke. A US Marines Major found guilty of killing a prisoner in AbuGhraib received a dishonorable discharge last week. You call that prosecution of war crimes ? ROFLMAO

What about the massive use of Napalm, the random pounding of civilian crowds to quell unarmed opposition, and the war itself, all being war crimes. Are they being prosecuted ?

The news was awash with news of the insurgents having wiped out an entire family just two days ago.

Fight fire with fire, hmmm ? May i remind you that the insurgents are trying to liberate their country from a brutal and illegal foreign occupation ? There's a fundamental difference there. Don't twist the facts : The US is responsible for everything happening in Iraq. Bush, and not Saddam, took the decision that lead to what we see today.

[edit on 04/11/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Of course having never been in combat you wouldn't understand anything about being in mortal danger and what it does to your central nervous system.

And of course, I have never seen you respond to the crimes commited by these thugs on a daily basis.

Where were you then, Zero?

Okay and? You just posted some irrelevent dabble. I have posted against crimes commited by Islamic peoples, remember, i've been on this site for 'quite some time', it's not my fault you were never there to witness.

Now, as for the U.S. persecuting it's war criminals, well, you know what, that's find and dandy, but what's your point? There are war crimes being commited, that's the point. These people have signed a contract to abide my measures such as the Geneva accord, and WILL abide by them, bottom line.

ISLAMIC RADICALS. Yeah we have Cristian freaks inside our borders too, but last time I checked, they didn't fly airplanes into buildings.

I'am sorry, but that's to ambigious and vauge for me. Islamic radicals apear in many shapes and sizes: to those who want to fast 7 months in a year, to those who want to self-mutilate themselves, to those who belong to more passive sects and have devoted themselves to the utter faculty of self-actualization.

Christians 'freaks' have killed abortion doctors, bombed buildings, killed millions of native americans....

Come on. But, at the same time, there are many pious Christians who hope to make the world a better place by working 'with' non-Christians, just as there are Muslims.

Deep

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   

May i remind you that the insurgents are trying to liberate their country from a brutal and illegal foreign occupation ?

If YOU think what they are fighting for is correct, then MOVE there immedeiately. This state they want to create is righteous in their eyes...and yours apparently, so I challenge you to move your entire family there. See how YOU like it.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
US Marines should not be allowed into combat zones, as long as they do not rebabtize into SS Marines, because they simply seem unable to respect the elementary rules of modern civilized warfare.

I have a little advice for you. Never open fire on a squad of Marines. For 229 years, the Marine Corps has convinced many an enemy that they don't belong in a combat zone.

If this young Marine committed a crime, he will be punished. But the Marine Corps will continue to clean up Falujah.

It is illegal to booby trap the dead, but that's what the insurgents do. It is illegal to surrender and then open fire, but that's what the insurgents do. It is worth noting that the incident took place in a mosque from which the Marines took fire. The now-decease insurgent was squirting blood out of his eye at the time he was killed by the Marine. The only way he could have been wounded was to have been wounded before the Marines entered the building. Thus he was attacking from a holy site. I think that is illegal, as well as immoral.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   

But, at the same time, there are many pious Christians who hope to make the world a better place by working 'with' non-Christians, just as there are Muslims.

Agreed.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   

It is illegal to booby trap the dead, but that's what the insurgents do. It is illegal to surrender and then open fire, but that's what the insurgents do. It is worth noting that the incident took place in a mosque from which the Marines took fire. The now-decease insurgent was squirting blood out of his eye at the time he was killed by the Marine. The only way he could have been wounded was to have been wounded before the Marines entered the building. Thus he was attacking from a holy site. I think that is illegal, as well as immoral.

Once again: "INSURGENTS ARE NOT PARTY TO THE GENEVA CONVENTION" !!!!

How hard is that to understand? The U.S. military should act in a civilized manner in situations as such, while taking precautions, but this has not been the case numerous times.

Deep

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

It is illegal to invade a foreign country because of invisible spider farts, especially when everyone tells you your claims are bogus. I know you Bush supporters have cognitive deficiencies when it comes to the concept of responsibility, that's why i'm being pedagogical with you. Let's see if you can answer this simple question : Who wanted all this # to happen ?

[edit on 16-11-2004 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

Once again: "INSURGENTS ARE NOT PARTY TO THE GENEVA CONVENTION" !!!!

How hard is that to understand? The U.S. military should act in a civilized manner in situations as such, while taking precautions, but this has not been the case numerous times.

Deep

Your narrow path of logic humors me. So I will play the advocate here; If they don't play by the rules and are not bound them, why should they apply to us?

Your argument is flawed.

EDIT: Spelling.

[edit on 16-11-2004 by crisko]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by crisko
Your narrow path of logic humors me. So I will play the advocate here; If they don't play by the rules and are not bound them, why should they apply to us?

Your argument is flawed.

EDIT: Spelling.

[edit on 16-11-2004 by crisko]

Because they didnt sign up to the Geneva convention, how hard is that to understand?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join