It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Evidence of US War Crimes in Falluja

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
More of the same. This turned in to yet another thread talking about why the Iraq war is unjustified and the usual troop of comments about Americans in general. Nothing will come from the glorified broadcasting of an American Marine who obviously developed a mental problem committing this act except a ratings blitz for NBC and fodder for groups that didn't like the US army to begin with.

Why is this such a damn joke to some of you. Someone died. Someone else acted irrationally because the stress of being injured the day before by the same situation freaked him out.

If i stick an electric cattle prod into you every time you sit on your couch, you probably will get freaked by sitting on your couch won't you?

Let me bold this statement so my fellow members who excel in word twisting and villification won't get orgasmic over what I just said.

I am not in any way excusing this incident. I am saying that it is a tragedy. It is a tragedy that a man snapped under circumstances that some of us enjoy criticizing from the comfort of our living rooms. It is a tragedy that this event will be used to represent other servicemen as well. It is a tragedy that this event has been exploited by media outlets for ratings and attention. It is a tragedy that this event, as awful as it is in EXACTLY what certain enemies of the US Army and America in general have been praying for. What a shame.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Didn't Kerry get a Silver Star for doing the same thing in Nam?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
redpig:

You sit there and call this guy a murdering bastard from the comfy quarters of your computers, well thats real easy to do. You can't possibly understand the stress these guys are faced with every single day. Adrenaline and fear will make anyone act first and question later. His unit had been under constant attack, the guy had been wounded, seen a buddy killed by a booby trapped wounded combatant and you have the nerve to call this guy a murderer!

Yes, I can understand the stress these guys are under. They are trained for it. They expect it. If they snap because of it, they are not fit to be there. That's the rule, isn't it? Isn't there Rules of Engagement to follow?

Can I judge him from the comfort of my own home? Damn right I can, and I will. I live in a free country where I am free to express my opinion, and if I think this particular Marine is guilty of murder, I have the freedom to say so.

Where's all the world outrage at the kidnapping, torture and murder of Civilian non-combatants, that are shot thru the head or beaten, disembowed mutilated, head chopped off brutally for trying to help your average iraqi citizen??? Hypocrites![/

One is a highly trained military man with the latest technological killing machines, and one is a wacko with a knife and a crazy agenda. See the difference?

One is supposed to be "liberating the country" and "promoting freedom", the other is a fundamentalist killer trying to drive out any and all Westerners.

Iraq USED to be one of the most Westernized countries in the middle east, barring Israel. Look at it now. Who is to blame for making the current situation in Iraq the way it is? Who is responsible for the security?

I call em as I see em, and this was coldblooded murder by a trained soldier who should know better. I don't care if he got shot the day before, if one of his buddies died or if he just had some bad falafel, it's all excuses.

jako

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The terrorists in falluja had plenty of time to evacuate or at the very least get rid of their weapons and stay out of the way but they didnt:

1, They knew they could be killed by US troops.
2, The terrorist in question was shooting at troops from a mosque.
3, He could have been wired to detonate himself (they know the US troops encounter this frequently).
4, It is not worth risking a troops life for a terrorists.
5, If let free he could escape and go on fighting, possibly killing more soldiers.
6, These are the same people that wouldnt hesitate in beheading a westerner.
7, If they will not play by the rules then why should everybody else? To be at a disadvantage and risk your life even more than u already are? I think not!

I have no sympathy for this man at all, if i were in his shoes i would expect to be killed if i were caught and unfortunately for him that happened.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Maybe i'm an idiot, but why the hell would they let tape such actions??

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join