It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russel Brand: The time for Revolution is now.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I like Russell Brand I think he's funny and sharp minded and if we had a system where he could stand for election as leader of my country I would vote for him .
It is time for a revolution but the people of this country are drowning in apathy , spoon fed their news and lobotomised by what passes for entertainment .... the revolution will not be televised because no one can be bothered to start it .

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

AndyMayhew
Well run along and listen to what your Celebs tell you, like good little boys and girls. That's what they want ...... After all, they must be telling you the truth without agenda. Unlike everyone else, eh?

I see what you're getting at and you have a point. For now, I'd like to think Brands only agenda is to wake people up. He seems passionate and driven in his argument which makes me think he is putting a lot at risk (in regards to his personal wealth, gain and status) in order to get this message across.

Many before him have tried to do the same but have been made to look like fools and then left for dead. If there is any dishonesty in his intentions he will no doubt slip up and it will become apparent.

For now though, I encourage him to keep doing what he's doing as he seems to be good at it.
edit on 24/10/2013 by heliopolis because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/10/2013 by heliopolis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

You're totally missing the point, he's not telling me anything.

He's on television saying he feels the same was as a lot of us, he feels how many of us have felt for a long time...he's not educating us, he's stating an opinion we agree with.

You can't even see that simple truth, one has to wonder what your motivations are, since you're working so hard to shoot the messenger and obscure the message.

People like it when someone like brand says what they've been thinking and feeling for a while...it's just another indication that more people are waking up, but more to the point, more people are speaking out.

I'll listen to brand because I like him...you assume that because I like him I'm some OK magazine reading celebrity obsessed nut, but you're wrong in that assumption.

Run along and listen to mr Foggert...you're probably the only audience he has.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Given that all depictions of Christ were drawn by western artists, many years after his passing, and that all modern assumptions about his appearance are based on those bits of art, I would have said that the chances are that Mr Brand looks nothing like the original Jesus Christ, who was probably curly of hair, fairly wide of nose, and possessed of a distinctly Arab look, rather than the European appearance normally accredited to his good self, and which Mr Brand would more closely fit.

But if he was a re-incarnation, he could come back any colour from anywhere.

And I must apologize as I didn't know about the Messiah Complex thing.
edit on 24-10-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Many thanks to the 'OP' for posting the video link, it showed that for once that Paxman can be backed up and held at arms length, because he doesn't have the confidence, but more specifically, the remit he stands upon as a journalistic reporter is very shaky ground. That remit isn't Paxman's personal and private remit, it is the BBC's policy remit the boundaries of which determine what Paxman can say or do.

Russell Brand echoed much of what we are all thinking, regardless of which country we come from. He was articulate and importantly, repetitive on his main claims. I would assume most members to this forum don't want to be complicit in a system that does not work for them, that seemingly does not include them on equal terms as those it serves most. Parity in wealth has to occur, we have to find a way in order that wealth is created for all and not for the few whom hoard it away.

Social disparity enforced on people is what will cause societal breakdown. It won't be the militias or the survivalists that kick start it, it will be some ordinary Joe suddenly deciding enough is enough, and it will be the treatment of him that will ignite the fuse. Western societies are literally balanced on a knife edge, taut and tensioned to breaking point, and politicians over-confidently think they can control the fire that will rage. Let them believe so, they will be overwhelmed and engulfed and disposed.

It doesn't have to go like this, but there are very few politicians in the system whom are capable of empathetic management of the people for the people in equal terms. Their mindsets are all wrong.

We are all angry, we have all had aspects of our life taken away by others whom have not suffered as we do, inured as they are by their wealth. They simply have no incentive at all to implement a fair and equitable society. They have wandered so far from the centre of good society they have caused it to be lopsided and ready to fall...they need bringing back to its middle. If it takes a revolution to do this, then so be it.

It hasn't happened yet because we are all fearful of the disruption it will bring to our lives. That, and that alone is the only reason why nothing has happened yet. I fear, it is a complacency from which we will all be shaken, and our blinkers will be ripped off. The rich and wealthy, the elite, have this thought that they are untouchable, and can act with impunity, that they can be as prejudicial as they want with no accountability.

Well, I got news for them. They are just another human being. They # and pee like the rest of us, and are just as fragile. The society they believe they created, that justifies their rule (in their minds) over everyone else will be ripped apart if they do not make the change. Not token changes, but full, uncompromising changes to the benefit of everyone else. They will do it voluntarily, or it will be made for them. It's their choice, but it won't remain a choice forever. As soon as it starts in one country it will quickly and rapidly spread to other countries. The revolution will be as globalised as corporatocracy which it will combat.
edit on 24/10/13 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/10/13 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:"

so ,,,,, see Jesus comming back,as Russel Brand.

and only those who cling too re-incarnation,,belief,,,ummmmm sorry.

"appointed unto men once to die,",,,so says GOD.
edit on 10/24/2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
All this revolution talk will equal one thing... A Russel Brand overdose, that will be HIGHLY suspicious. When you go against the grain like he is, expect someone or something to be brought in to make him go away... I hope I'm wrong, but don't be surprised if you see a report one day that reads "Russel Brand dies of apparent drug overdose".. With his drug past, the "people" (you know who I'm talking about) have a perfect built-in excuse to get rid of him that many won't question.
edit on 24-10-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
Where did Russell Brand suddenly appear from?
Who is this guy and why should anyone listen to him regardless of wit or intelligence?
What's he done to make him worth listening to is what I'm asking?

He looks like some GQ model they decided to throw at the public for a diversion.
Anyone with sudden popularity and everywhere on the MSM should be viewed with suspicion in this day and age.

ETA: Don't think the PTB aren't smart enough to know nobody would follow the pied piper if he were homely. Reading through his wiki page it should be obvious you don't get as many 2nd chances as he does unless you're ______ a little _____. He has a film company that works for Warner. That's all I need to know.
edit on 24-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

Have you ever tried to listening to RB message and genuinely come up with your own opinion? RB message is pure and logical and reasonable and true. He brings awareness to corrupt political structure to the younger crowd. Is there anything out of ordinary from his own genuine message that you should be suspicious of?

Your post seems as though that all you care about is the superficial things about Russell and you're judging him base on your poorly understood assumptions about him because pop celeb and works for Warner?

We all know the PTB run those companies but I'm not going to assume just because you're a celeb or work for the company doesn't mean that you're part of the corruption and I wouldn't focus so much on that either.

I think it's very backwards thinking to judge someone in that way with out listening to his message with clarity and it really gets nowhere in life. Why not bring the contents of his message bring it out here to discuss and contribute to the thread instead of ridiculing him because of his superficial status

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I don't know about Brand I see good things in him as well as bad motives too. It reminds me of the tv series " Angel " where they go and work for their rivals WolfRam & Hart they managed to get into power and destroy the evil inside well at least damage them. The evil senior partners threw everything they had at Angel and his team. Now could this Russell be Angel? working for the bad guys at the beginning and slowly fighting the evil from the inside. Now that would be a very stupid thing to do if he has no team behind him. But if he is for real and he does want to beat the evils of the world then he has the public behind him. Also he could be the senior partners weapon the Antichrist to fool us all and get the public to bow down to him until his master arrives on Earth. So what do we do? Do you believe him and get tricked by the senior partners deadly weapon against mankind or do we keep an eye on him and see if we can see his true colours. I'm just saying to follow your heart, If you feel that this man has bad mojo stay away.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I believe I've seen you infer before that tptb want the people to rise up and revolt

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
*stands and applauds* ..and that's from someone who can't #ing stand Russell Brand.

Though I think Muzz is right.. its all about treading carefully and not falling into the hands and well made plans of the illuminati. They want a revolution. .an uprising and complete dismantling of the government to implement a military run state and a nwo.

Government is important, but the slate has to be wiped clean and all the bad apples removed.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Id like him a lot more if he didnt repeat so much. Say it once and if you have to say it again, say "ive already covered this".

drumming out the same lines is annoying, which is double annoying because in the delicate complex strings of rarely used words there is some good points and sense.

EDIT (i forgot about the message!): He is right and wrong. Democracy can work and it hasnt done great so far. So thank you for making those two main points Mr Brand. But we really need some sort of comments for adjustment to the current system, or an alternative.

Mr Brand is pulling a "captain hindsight", if you know your south park.

edit on 24-10-2013 by Biigs because: forgot major part of post like a dumbass

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Hello Chum,

In saying..."I do not know if he has been sponsored to do so by persons waiting in the wings. What I do know, is that wherever, and why ever the truth be spoken, the important thing is that it is spoken, not who speaks it or why." ... you really clear up a thing or two in my head. So thank you very much. Well spoken.
edit on 24-10-2013 by f4andHALFtoads because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This thread has become very childish. He is not trying to brainwash anybody or get you to do something you shouldnt or dont want to do. He is giving his opinion. He has as much right to do that as any one of us. His opinion may not be the truth, whole truth and nothing but the truth so help him god, but lets all remember that actually NOT one of us knows the whole truth either. He has put his view out there for many years but now he has the perfect platform to do so and ppl will listen , they will hear him even if they dont agree with him and in my book thats a good thing for anybody to get to a soap box large enough for the world to be able to hear and to shake things up is all good. 3rd time lucky well done mate

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I'm sorry but as intelligent as he may seem, I cannot listen to someone stating he has never voted in his life.
People who vote until their 50 have got a say, those people tried to believe the system and work it. And if by then they come to this conclusion so be it.

For me he sounds like a guy who never did anything and looked for excuses why he never did something.
I'm not saying that he doesn't make sense, he had alot of good arguments, but I highly doubt these are his words.
edit on 24-10-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Remember, remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see of no reason, why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Lmao sorry brother, I'm a 21 year old college student. Little low on assets

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

AndyMayhew
Well run along and listen to what your Celebs tell you, like good little boys and girls. That's what they want ...... After all, they must be telling you the truth without agenda. Unlike everyone else, eh?

Of course he has an agenda. That our Western left/right political system is a farce...the same agenda shared by millions including me.

Wake up! If your neighbor said the same thing on an international scale and I were to hear it, I would be praising him/her for telling what is a factual truth...that there has not been real change in many generations because of our fake political systems which only simulate choice.

Let's not lose the message. Here in America it is time to do away with these phony left/right, democrat/republican, blue/red tricks. Each hand is apart of the same body, so until you switch the body, you will always get the same outcomes.

Firstly, let's eliminate the Federal Reserve system and the IRS!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

If you will, try making the thread title for your think tank more dramatic to catch people's eye. Something like, "Peaceful Revolution Think Tank: if we put our minds together, any problem can be solved." I would love to see a 100 page thread with everyone constructively contributing.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
muzzleflash:

Also talk of Revolution means : Death, Murder, Chaos, Insanity. Revolt this time will only bring Evil to our lands. Airstrikes, tanks on street, entire city blocks raided like in Nazi times. They are being LED BY THIS MEDIA off the cliff! All this anger is fabricated and facilitated by forces that want them eliminated from the world politic equation. Its about dissolving our Nation actually. Only we can defeat the USA thats why they are manipulating citizens into massive anti gov mentality.

Death, murder, chaos could be aspects of a revolution, no denying that, but what's the alternative, maintain the current trend of creating an underclass to be thought of as parasites and pariahs to society? If we ignore them, it will be that underclass that will light the fuse to a revolution we all fear the most, where society breaks down in anarchic violence. Nobody wants that, but we cannot disenfranchise millions out of society either by economic strangulation or social stigmatizing. They have a right to the same life as you or I with the same equal opportunities.

Your fear to the response of revolution does not justify not doing anything. Like you, I believe in boycotting, withdrawing patronage and custom. I won't mind the inconvenience, but no one is boycotting anything, nothing is happening, the inequality is not being addressed. You can educate all you want, but ultimately, it always comes down to putting the theory into practice...to coming out of the classroom and hitting the streets, preferably peacefully.

Unfortunately, the inequality will not be addressed or be fixed without pain. The problems won't go away simply by educating the people to their causes, all education does is to put them on notice, but what you really want is people to be pro-active and demonstrable in their convictions. The underclass is getting larger and getting more angry, try educating them and see how patient they are. They are suffering now, they are struggling now, they need help from the likes of you and I...now. They don't need to be told how bad things are, they already know, they are living it.

Of course, it's not just the so-called 'underclass' that is affected or angry. Many, not suffering in the way the underclass is, are struggling to make ends meet, while the rich and wealthy look on with indifference. Who the hell says this is how life has to be. We are all human beings, we all share the attribute of intelligence in varying degrees. Would it not be better to have a more equitable society, and a less competitive one? Is it really beyond the wit of our intelligence to create one and maintain it?

Yes the cry is idealistic, of course it is, but the idea is worth the dream. How the hell can I enjoy the wealth of my own endeavours if my neighbour is poor? I don't have an insular or indifferent bone in my body, I have to give aid where I can, when I can. Not just with food or money, but ideologically where the glue of society is found. We have to care for each other as the price for the peace we want in our lives, for the stability we want for our societies.

The current system is rank and gross, putrid and stagnant, and it feeds the mindsets that wallow in their cruel indifference, and because the feeding is in frenzy unto itself, there is no incentive in those we elect to manage the country to make it more fairer. Should all Western countries become Brazil, with its corrupt wealth hiding behind high-gated policed communities, while the poor and the disenfranchised living in their favelas make a meagre poverty life from the scraps tossed at them from the tables of the elite? No, I don't think so either. It isn't right. It isn't moral.

So, if a violent revolution truly breaks out, it will be because the likes of you and I did nothing to implement an alternative way...if there truly is one?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join