It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Energy Generator Question

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Learning about, designing and testing a solar setup would be a fulfilling experience, IMHO.

If you really want to chuck some money down a rat hole, you'll need to study a lot of magnetic field theory and build yourself a polywell. If I win the lottery, it'll be one thing I do with the proceeds.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Arbitrageur
reply to post by InTheLight

That is not free in so many ways.

First, you have to own that generator setup, and that's not free.

"It's inexpensive if you DIY with used equipment."

Second, for every 250W of power you produce, you have to consume additional food with considerably more potential energy because of the body's inefficiency in converting food to mechanical motion.

"The OP has to eat in any event.

Third, there is the opportunity cost. While you're pedaling the bike, you're not out making house calls fixing PC problems for $40 an hour or whatever you do for a living, and you can buy a lot of electricity with that $40, probably more than you could generate with an entire week of cycling.

"Here's a DIY video with little effort for little wattage, which is what the OP is looking for now."

Fourth, have you ever actually tried to generate 250 watts that way? I have. It is really a lot harder than it looks, and most people would be exhausted after a few minutes. You could always get a horse and the horse can generate 746 Watts (that's 1 horsepower by definition), but the horse eats like a horse, and feeding it isn't free, not to mention the required investment in a super dooper pooper scooper to clean up your yard of the mess, a task which probably isn't that much fun.

pteridine
reply to post by cavedweller88

If you do a cost benefit analysis, you will discover that for the small amount of power that you need, it is most cost effective to buy the power from the grid.
What? No pitch for Rossi's eCat? Or have you given up on that by now? Sorry, I couldn't resist.

But joking aside, yes, I think that analysis is most probably the correct one, once the analysis is done correctly. For the other options you not only have to amortize capital costs, but have to consider maintenance costs and other factors (like you could have invested the money instead, so you're losing those investment profits).

edit on 23-10-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I've done that as well in an electric company. They had their own museum and a pedal bike was attached to a light bulb. It took a lot to keep that lightbulb running and I'm not talking about modern light bulbs either, just your old fashion 75w bulb.

Free energy doesn't exist, at least we can't make it happen any time soon. We would need to have advanced significantly farther in technology to have such abilities. I believe "free energy" exists if you can make it happen but we would have to become gods as a race, and I don't mean demi-gods, but full-fledged gods. Once you can create something out of nothing, I think that warrants god status, and no, I don't mean taking the energy from another star or universe, but to create it out of thin-air, defying what we know about physics. I don't think we'll be there within the next few thousand years, maybe a few million?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Did you notice in the middle he asks if the rider could do that for an extended duration, and the rider answers "no..."?
Also unlike the other video, we don't know how much power they are producing...they would have to measure amps as well as volts to tell us that.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

I guess I will bite the bullet here. The argument about free energy always gets heated.
So maybe this statement will prevent that.
There is free energy all around us, but harvesting that energy has always and will always cost time and money.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Thadeous

You're ignoring what Wikipedia says about "free energy" and in my experience the way Wikipedia describes it is commonly the way the term is used, which has some kind of overunity connotation, meaning against the laws of physics as we currently understand them. I would also note this overunity connotation is apparently what the OP of this thread had in mind, to use an example close at hand.

Your attempt to redefine the term financially ignores the most prevalent usage of the expression. There is no amount of money that has been demonstrated to break the laws of physics as we know them (via overunity performance), so far.

edit on 23-10-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Yes I am ignoring the Wikipedia but after this post I will go read it
But like you said until we become gods and create something from nothing we will have to stick with our gadgets
And I will always be in love with studying over unity devices and perpetual motion machines and trying to to build them.
Edward leedsknins perpetual motion holder is my favorite one to build and the easiest.
Everyone should build one
But how to harvest the energy from it I have no clue

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Thadeous

I was wondering what to do with all my extra perpetual motion.

A perpetual motion holder sounds like the perfect solution!

Here are some Wiki links for you:

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Also one from BBC:

The perpetual myth of free energy

When asked about the conservation of energy Mr McCarthy says quite frankly that he does not know where the energy that provides perpetual motion comes from.
So one way to think of "Free Energy" is the new term for "Perpetual motion", just like the term "LENR" has replaced "cold fusion" for the most part.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Thank you for the links
Build you one of them perpetual motion holders I promise it is instant happiness
And about the terminology I guess I have watched the Nassim Haramein lectures too many times and I think it might have twisted me a little

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Arbitrageur

Did you notice in the middle he asks if the rider could do that for an extended duration, and the rider answers "no..."?
Also unlike the other video, we don't know how much power they are producing...they would have to measure amps as well as volts to tell us that.

The rider was most likely not accustomed to that type of exercise, so with extended use and using this as their daily exercise (bonus), I would expect the peddler's endurance to grow and therefore create the very little power that the OP needs to power a few electric devices.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join