It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug Widens Immunity to Flu

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
One big problem with vaccines is that they leave the body defenceless against any flu strains not included in the mix. In comparison, a natural infection with flu triggers an immune response that provides broad immunity against other strains.

Now, researchers have discovered that an immunosuppressant drug called rapomycin helps fight many flu strains when given with a vaccine. Quite a surprise as immunosuppressants suppress the immune response! So now scientists are thinking they need to dampen the immune response for a better effect, and hope this finding will lead to the holy grail - a universal flu vaccine.

Drug Widens Immunity to Flu

An immune suppressive drug can unexpectedly help immunized mice fight off many strains of flu.
The immunosuppressant drug rapamycin paradoxically helped to protect mice against a diverse range of influenza viruses after the animals were vaccinated against just one flu strain.

Rachael Keating from St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital said it seems that rapamycin steers immune cells away from producing antibodies that strongly target a particular flu strain, in favor of those that block a wide variety of strains. ...

“We’re definitely not advocating that we use rapamycin [in humans],” said McGargill. However, her group’s discovery could point to other ways of achieving the same effect, perhaps by manipulating the immune system into producing more cross-reactive antibodies. “Maybe instead of trying to enhance the immune response, we need to dampen it a little bit, and allow it to be more diverse,” she added.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I will still pass,.
CDC, WHO and FDA have already admitted that vaccines for flu dont really work.
got mercury?

or while we are at it, sounds like mirochipping campaign
edit on 21-10-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Here's the thing: I might be willing to trust the word of "pure" scientists, research scientists. I have no doubt that the scientists and the authors of the article idealistically believe that this will be a good thing for mankind.

And then Big Pharma gets ahold of it....

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Now, researchers have discovered that an immunosuppressant drug called rapomycin helps fight many flu strains when given with a vaccine. Quite a surprise as immunosuppressants suppress the immune response! So now scientists are thinking they need to dampen the immune response for a better effect

Is it me or does not this statement fly in the face of common sense? Do they think that we are that stupid? I would say the answer to that is yes.

Unless of course, anybody can back up this claim.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

soficrow
One big problem with vaccines is that they leave the body defenceless against any flu strains not included in the mix. In comparison, a natural infection with flu triggers an immune response that provides broad immunity against other strains.....

“We’re definitely not advocating that we use rapamycin [in humans],” said McGargill. However, her group’s discovery could point to other ways of achieving the same effect, perhaps by manipulating the immune system into producing more cross-reactive antibodies. “Maybe instead of trying to enhance the immune response, we need to dampen it a little bit, and allow it to be more diverse,” she added.

The answer to solving the flu virus is in the beginning of the post where they acknowledge that "a natural infection with flu triggers an immune response that provides broad immunity against other strains". So then why do they need or want to manipulate and weaken peoples immunity? Oh, that's right. Natural immunity doesn't bring any money in.

It doesn't matter anyway. The same people that take the vaccines will take whatever they're told to unless something opens their eyes and they start checking out alternative views and news. And the people that know better will never take them. At least they are fully admitting now that they will be weakening people's immune systems. They decline to admit that vaccines already do that now by all the nasty toxins in them. Convenient.

So long story short.... I too will not be taking this if they come out with it. But once again, I don't get the flu due to my strong immune system, so I will just continue to keep it strong

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

katndew

So long story short.... I too will not be taking this if they come out with it. But once again, I don't get the flu due to my strong immune system, so I will just continue to keep it strong

Apparently I too have a strong immune system. I can't count the number of times I've injured myself and pretty much fixed it myself or with the help of family.

Then I discovered duct tape. That stuff works wonders but will leave a scar. LOL

I had stage 2 pneumonia 4 years ago and didn't go to the doc until I coughed up blood one day. He gave me antibiotics, but after I read the side effects I didn't take them after all. I was fine within the week. (I did keep them for a bit and did watch as to how I was feeling though...just in case) But I haven't been sick since.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by katndew

The answer to solving the flu virus is in the beginning of the post where [sic]they acknowledge[/sic] that "a natural infection with flu triggers an immune response that provides broad immunity against other strains". ...

"THEY" didn't acknowledge that - I said it. Please see one of my previous threads: Proof: Vaccines Can Be Harmful. "A new Dutch study shows that flu vaccines prevent children from building their natural immunity, specifically to other flu viruses. By comparison, a natural infection induces cross-immunity. This means that regularly vaccinated kids are sitting ducks in a pandemic - because they haven't built up their immunity."

FYI - Un-boxed comments are the post author's words (unless they're plagiarizing). If you actually read the source article, you will see what is summarized by the post author and what is added info. My opening paragraph added info not available in the source article.

…I don't get the flu due to my strong immune system, so I will just continue to keep it strong

FYI - the truly deadly super flu's tend to strike the young and healthy, not the already sick, infirm and elderly. H5N1 for example, seems to hijack healthy immune systems to create a cytokine storm. It's the cytokine storm that kills. …Perhaps "healthy" immune systems are overly resistant to adaptive change.

The cytokine storm (hypercytokinemia) is the systemic expression of a healthy and vigorous immune system resulting in the release of more than 150 known inflammatory mediators (cytokines, oxygen free radicals, and coagulation factors). …

It is believed that cytokine storms were responsible for many of the deaths during the 1918 influenza pandemic, which killed a disproportionate number of young adults.[1] In this case, a healthy immune system may have been a liability rather than an asset. Preliminary research results from Hong Kong also indicated this as the probable reason for many deaths during the SARS epidemic in 2003.[8] Human deaths from the bird flu H5N1 usually involve cytokine storms as well.[9] …

Into the eye of the cytokine storm.

Cytokine storms are associated with a wide variety of infectious and noninfectious diseases. The term was popularized largely in the context of avian H5N1 influenza virus infection, bringing the term into popular media.

Dynamics of a Cytokine Storm

This study illuminates details of a cytokine storm event, and it demonstrates the value of linear modeling for interpreting complex, coupled biological system dynamics from empirical data.

Also interesting, prions hijack the immune system and use it to spread in the body. Viruses are known to carry prions - I suspect prions enable cytokine storms.

"Mad Cow" Disease Uses Immune System to Spread in Body

edit on 22/10/13 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

RE: "now scientists are thinking they need to dampen the immune response for a better effect"

Is it me or does not this statement fly in the face of common sense? Do they think that we are that stupid? I would say the answer to that is yes.

Unless of course, anybody can back up this claim.

Yes - it is counter-intuitive to think suppressing the immune system will make it work better. It's probably easier to understand the "sense" of it if we look at related info that's also counter-intuitive.

1. The new deadly flus like H5N1 and H7N9 tend to kill people with healthy, vigorous immune systems - NOT babies, the elderly and infirm. These new diseases hijack the immune system, causing an overreaction and triggering an often deadly cytokine storm. [NOTE: For this reason, I consider self-proclaimed "experts" who push immune-building tips to be horrifically irresponsible.]
* See my post above for cytokine storm references.

2. The only recognized prion diseases affect the brain and brain tissue - BUT - we get prion diseases by ingesting contaminated food and water. Think about it. How do prions get from the gut to the brain? …Turns out they hijack the immune system and use it to spread throiugh the body.

"Mad Cow" Disease Uses Immune System to Spread in Body

…Much in life is counter-intuitive. Perhaps more important, much scientific dogma is pure drivel. Add to that the fact that we have quite literally changed the biological foundations of life on our planet - and well, you just can't trust much as "given."

edit on 22/10/13 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Thanks for the info & links. I didn't mean to come off as arrogant but I do think that a overall healthy immune system is a good thing. Now I find out, not so mush. LOL

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

soficrow
Now, researchers have discovered that an immunosuppressant drug called rapomycin helps fight many flu strains when given with a vaccine.

I wonder if that would work with any other immunosuppressant drug? Or even with Plaquinel (I'm on that) that isn't totally immunosuppressant but it does steer the immune system in other directions. hmmm ..... This could get interesting.

Thanks for posting the article.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yep - very interesting. I can hardly wait for all the new studies and claims.

(Not.)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Hi Soficrow. I'm kind of burnt out at the moment, but I wonder if you saw this tie-in with the flu vaccine? Link

To be honest I heard the interview with the cardiologist this morning but didn't check it out.
edit on 22-10-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Thanks for clarifying the quotes section and the links. Yet, I will still never receive any vaccines. For the simple fact that they lie repeatedly. For instance, the historic swine flu epidemic of 1918 was considered a Cytokine storm also where they found the strong immune reactions of young adults ravaged the body, whereas the weaker immune systems of children and middle-aged adults resulted in fewer deaths among those groups. Sounds like they're sounding the same alarm. Only problem was the reason why the young, healthy, and mostly military men were dropping dead was due to the fact it was the first time in history they were forced to get vaccines. Hmmm. And no one will ever convince me this was just a coincidence. I will quote the following link... healthfreedoms.org...

"If we check back in history to that 1918 flu period, we will see that it suddenly struck just after the end of World War I when our soldiers were returning home from overseas. That was the first war in which all the known vaccines were forced on all the servicemen. This mish-mash of poison drugs and putrid protein of which the vaccines were composed, caused such widespread disease and death among the soldiers that it was the common talk of the day, that more of our men were being killed by medical shots than by enemy shots from guns. Thousands were invalided home or to military hospitals, as hopeless wrecks, before they ever saw a day of battle. The death and disease rate among the vaccinated soldiers was four times higher than among the unvaccinated civilians. But this did not stop the vaccine promoters. Vaccine has always been big business, and so it was continued doggedly.

It was a shorter war than the vaccine-makers had planned on, only about a year for us, so the vaccine promoters had a lot of unused, spoiling vaccines left over which they wanted to sell at a good profit. So they did what they usually do, they called a meeting behind closed doors, and plotted the whole sordid program, a nationwide (worldwide) vaccination drive using all their vaccines, and telling the people that the soldiers were coming home with many dread diseases contracted in foreign countries and that it was the patriotic duty of every man, woman and child to get “protected” by rushing down to the vaccination centers and having all the shots.

The result was, that almost the entire population submitted to the shots without question, and it was only a matter of hours until people began dropping dead in agony, while many others collapsed with a disease of such virulence that no one had ever seen anything like it before. They had all the characteristics of the diseases they had been vaccinated against, the high fever, chills, pain, cramps, diarrhea, etc. of typhoid, and the pneumonia like lung and throat congestion of diphtheria and the vomiting,
headache, weakness and misery of hepatitis from the jungle fever shots, and the outbreak of sores on the skin from the smallpox shots, along with paralysis from all the shots, etc.

The doctors were baffled, and claimed they didnt know what caused the strange and deadly disease, and they certainly had no cure. They should have known the underlying cause was the vaccinations, because the same thing happened to the soldiers after they had their shots at camp."

So, still keeping my strong immune system, and I have no fears of any diseases. But that's cause I won't allow them to "dampen it". If the strong, healthy ones start getting deathly ill again i'm sure it will be the ones that got the vaccines again.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by katndew

...Only problem was the reason why the young, healthy, and mostly military men were dropping dead was due to the fact it was the first time in history they were forced to get vaccines. ...

This is an old, old rant of mine - but you have a few facts wrong. Yes, the US military got the first mass vaccinations ever - and the best info says the flu first appeared in a military barracks in Kansas. BUT - US servicemen took the virus to the trenches and shared it with the enemy - which might have helped win the war. So even though the 1918 pandemic was called the "Spanish Flu" it started in the USA, in the military. Spain was just the first country to admit openly that there was a problem.

fyi - I think the mass vaccinations were behind an epidemic of fibromuscular dysplasia that was not acknowledged until 1938 when it was found to have been inherited in a 5 year-old boy. I also think mass vaccinations and fibromuscular dysplasia are implicated in the current chronic disease pandemic aka NCD Pandemic.

...If the strong, healthy ones start getting deathly ill again i'm sure it will be the ones that got the vaccines again.

The strong healthy children dying in Asia have NOT had vaccines for either H5N1 or H7N9 I assure you. You'll be a better conspiracy theorist if you study a bit of biology. Trust me.

edit on 28/10/13 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Rapamycin has such a bizarre and widespread set of effects on mammals that it's tough to separate out any particular improvement of another drug from what the rapamycin itself is doing.

Have you guys ever looked into rapamycin? I didn't do a search to see if anyone's written anything on it.

Rapamycin is everything from a nootropic to a longevity drug to a cancer preventative. It affects nearly every system in some way, most of them positively. In animal tests, they never develop cancer while on rapamycin, AFAIK. It's not just an immune suppressant.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

It's true, and it is common knowledge:

Flu vaccines may help reduce the risk of being hospitalized for heart attacks, strokes or unstable angina, particularly in heart patients...

The big baddie here is infection-triggered inflammation. Most doctors recommend seasonal flu vaccinations for the chronically ill, elderly and young. At least.

I do my own risk/benefit analysis - and don't take the vaccine. My doc doesn't push me anymore, although she does ask. Most chronic diseases result from chronic inflammation, likely caused by chronic low-level infection. So the choice is whether or not to live on meds with vaccines, antibiotics, etc. or trust in the body's natural processes. ...I personally try to find a balance without being stupid or a martyr - I do my homework AND consult my advisors - and then take responsibility for my own decisions. I will say making 'fully informed health decisions' is a myth - there really are too many unknowns.

Ed to add - No - I didn't see it. Thanks for the link.

edit on 28/10/13 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Thanks. Wiki has a good overview and interesting history: Sirolimus (INN/USAN), also known as rapamycin.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Oh goody...

Let's replace the human body's natural functions with a pill that controls it instead.

And while we're at it, let's make a pill that controls eyesight, and a pill that controls taste, and a pill that controls our heartbeat, and a pill that controls bowel function, and a pill that controls when we pee, and a pill that controls how we scratch out nose...

Weeeeeee !!

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

So much for GlaxoSmithKlines adjuvanted flu vaccine. Adjuvanted Flu vaccine

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Alchemst7

Wheww! But I like what CranialSponge said too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join