It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger intends to challenge law and run for president

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I agree but we already have the morally corrupt in office and we are all so focused on their sex life that huge things slip by with no one noticing. That's all I was trying to say. In a perfect world what you say would be true but we are stuck with what we have so we need to focus on what affects us directly rather than what outrages us morally until we can clean house, ya know?

Lil

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

badgerprints

jheated5

badgerprints
I don't think it would be that hard.
Arnold can buy a Hawaiian birth certificate off the internet.

At least he's trying to change a law instead of breaking one...

Sense the sarcasm.
I've got no problem with changing laws as long as it's done properly.

This is one law that shouldn't be changed. The only thing it needs is the natural born citizen should be defined better. No foreign born citizen should ever be president.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
A Presidential Precedent would be set, and the "Great American Experiment" would come to an end in short order.

But then allowing corporations and banks to become as powerful as they have become pretty much put an end to it anyway.

There is only one way to fix this, and nobody wants to go there because they are too addicted to their toys and useless luxuries.

Nobody wants to go there, out there where it's cold.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

It will happen...disclosure was already given for this in a Hollywood blockbuster Demolition Man.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Lilroanie

Clinton did way worse things than Monica for sure. It's a good indication of character in my opinion, if a person cannot keep their own personal oathes and promises intact, can't trust anything they say at all. I have never been married before, but have been in exclusive relationships, and I took that very seriously. Have had attractive girls throw themselves at me before, and rejected the tempting offers. Then, I was raised that my word actually mean something, and not weapons used to get what I want at any cost. I guess I would make a horrible politician

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Skynet in disguise. He wants access to the little red button.

(post by coolcatt removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

buster2010

This is one law that shouldn't be changed. The only thing it needs is the natural born citizen should be defined better. No foreign born citizen should ever be president.

And why not?
All of our natural born citizen politicians seem pretty intent on destroying our economy and screwing the taxpayer.
Maybe someone from another country would actually represent the citizens who voted him in.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

buster2010

badgerprints

jheated5

badgerprints
I don't think it would be that hard.
Arnold can buy a Hawaiian birth certificate off the internet.

At least he's trying to change a law instead of breaking one...

Sense the sarcasm.
I've got no problem with changing laws as long as it's done properly.

Why not? They can represent people as members of congress, senate, mayor, governor, etc. They can vote on foreign policy but they can't have a veto? Is that what people lose their minds over? Actually asking because I don't understand it.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Ahhnold would be ze berfekt gandidate foah ze Bressidendt off course. He hass groped ze TV hottie. He hass banged hiss maid. He ztrongly zuppoahted Bressidendt Bush, a mann who doss not back down and doss not taig "No" foah an answer. He hass governed Colliefornia. He rebrezents ze Amerikan scary dream, ze taigover off ze kuntry by foreign interests. Hiss vader vass a Nazi. He's berfect. He iss vut Amerika iss drying to be. He iss ass Amerikan ass apple schtrudel.

Vode Ahhnold in 2016 girlymen and girlygirls.

Id's dime foah Amerika to really kick ze world's ass again. Hasta la vista Baby!!

Did I menschen he iss good mit hiss Oozie?
edit on 20-10-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by Lilroanie

If someone cannot even run their little bubble of a personal life with integrity, honor and dignity, how can they possibly lead a country with any positive direction? It's like saying, "Oh, you can barely drive your VW bug? That's OK, here drive this big rig pulling multiple trailers, what could possibly go wrong?"

Boy you must really think poorly of the Founding Fathers then. Not mention FDR seemed ok running a World War and Ike some little invasion while having affairs. If their is one thing histoy has made clear many great leaders have had terribly run personal lives. Of course many would say being a succesful world leader is the easier of the two.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I vote conservative but I think Arnold is a total skank because of the way he treated his wife and housemaid. No way I'd ever vote for him. EVER.
Sal

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Arnold Schwarzenegger on Gun Control

Republican CA Governor

Strong supporter of the second amendment
Q: Where do you stand on gun control?
A: I am a strong supporter of the second amendment. The U.S. constitution allows for law-abiding citizens to own a firearm.

Source: 2003 Gubernatorial campaign website, JoinArnold.com , Aug 29, 2003

Support Brady Bill; assault weapon ban; safety locks
I [support the second amendment, but I] also believe that there are responsibilities that gun owners must follow in owning a firearm. I support the Brady bill, I support the current assault weapons ban and I believe that guns must have safety devices or be stored as to prevent accidental discharge.
Source: 2003 Gubernatorial campaign website, JoinArnold.com , Aug 29, 2003

Close the gun show loophole
Schwarzenegger supports the Brady Bill, which tightened gun control measures. “I would also like to close the loophole of the gun shows,” Schwarzenegger said, referring to the fact that people can buy weapons at such exhibitions without a background check.
Source: CNN.com , Aug 28, 2003

I’m for gun control; I’m a peace-loving guy
[The National Rifle Association] probably won’t like Schwarzenegger either. In The Terminator Schwarzenegger goes into a gun store and picks out a “12-gauge auto loader, a .45 long slide, a phase plasma rifle and an Uzi 9 mm.” (Then he kills the guy behind the counter.) But as Schwarzenegger began to think of himself as a potential political candidate, he became sensitive on the gun issue, telling one interviewer, “I’m for gun control. I’m a peace-loving guy

Never confuse an actor with what is really their thoughts on anything....

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
What would be the logic in electing a president who in reality, could very well be dead before 2020?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

No, no, no...No! You are confused, you see, he screwed around with the maid BEFORE he comes into office so its out of his system and therefore less likely to happen when he is in office.

Apparently, Some studies show about 50% of Americans have an extramarital affair. So I would expect that a significant percentage of our elected officials are having affairs. I think we can just say they are trying to relate to their constituency and show they have more in common with the American public.

Damn it people! Don't you see, you have to have a pre-extra-marital affair before you get to hold a public office in this country to get your warmed up for the important one later in life. Its like an appetizer, its what you eat before you eat to make you more hungry.

...its all right here in the Political Candidate handbook, Chapter 4, Section 3.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
If he intends to run on his record as governor of California, then let him.

Obama has a better chance of winning a third term than this guy does.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

i am sorry but didn't the govenator almost run cali in to the ocean? urs i know some f that wasn't his fault but do we want to risk country on it. i say its time to put someone in office who knows how to work for a living and ban all lobbyist

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Like 'terminating' the Californian economy wasn't enough...

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I don't think there is a chance in hell there will be a constitutional amendment waiting for him before 2016. I think he is just raising his political/celebrity profile for something else. Another office, maybe promoting for a huge movie coming out, or whatever.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join