It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger intends to challenge law and run for president

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

Starr he would make the perfect president... two heads ... no brains ..... I guess we are going for the trifecta?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I highly doubt that will work out well for him. The rules are pretty clear and he is clearly not in line with those rules. I bet he is trying to see if he can run for president anyway under a special clause that says he can run for president and let `the people` decide if he should be president. Considering the mountain of election laws in America he will have to spend all campaign reserve money simply getting around strict ballot rules.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Are you folks aware that George Bush senior was quoted as saying he could see Schwarzenegger being president in 2012? This was said back in like 88'.
(Someone should try to find that quote it was at a dinner party or something)

I've told that story for the past two decades.
Same pattern as Ronald Reagan.
Movie star- governor - president..
Wonder if his presidency is supposed to be timed with an 'alien invasion'.. or war with China...blockbuster super action hero leading the world against Martians.'..... who woulda thunk.. how quaint.. I mean I don't take what comes out of a former director of CIA, former head of the republican party, former vice president former president...lightly..by any means..

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Never happen..would never get past the congress...but its ok if he wants to try...knock yourself out Gov! Ain't gonna happen, at least in my lifetime...lol.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'll just leave this here.

edit on 21-10-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'm sure someone has already pointed out the obvious but...
Have we not learned what the last non U.S. citizen in the president's seat has taken us?
No thank Arnie, keep doing action movies, it's much more your forte.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Hr2burn
Have we not learned what the last non U.S. citizen in the president's seat has taken us?

Just who would that have been? Andrew Jackson? As he was born before the USA existed....

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

Should I be shocked you posted no link to your source? Of course not because all of the sources are hogwash sources linking eachother.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

According to documents obtained in 2003 from the Austrian State Archives by the Los Angeles Times, which was after the expiration of a 30-year seal of his records under Austrian privacy law, Gustav Schwarzenegger voluntarily applied to join the Nazi Party on 1 March 1938.

Gustav Schwarzenegger (17 August 1907 – 1 December 1972) was an Austrian police chief (Gendarmeriekommandant), postal inspector, a senior non-commissioned military police officer, who later became notable as the father of bodybuilder, Hollywood star and Governor of California Arnold Schwarzenegger.

There is a lot of buzz on the Internet over this week's issue of Time Magazine which pictures California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger with a Nazi belt buckle. There are many that are outraged that he would wear something like this for such an important photo shoot.

That apple falls a little too close to the tree for my liking...

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

*IF* this ever happens [it won't], I imagine his would be a Slick Willie presidency complete with sex scandals

So? If you want a estrogen for the presidency vote for Hillary!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Star and flag OP. I always thought this would happen. However why does he need to change the law when we don't even know where our current president was born? Couldn't he just run for president like Obama did?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Pimpintology
However why does he need to change the law when we don't even know where our current president was born?

What makes you claim that? We know he was born a natural born US citizen in Hawaii....

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Ha ha ha, Ha ha ha, Ha ha, Ahem...

Why aren't you laughing?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Interesting is the fact that our first president was not born here either. Nor our second, third, fourth....well, you get it.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

We've already had one famous actor as our President, how about putting someone in office that isn't filthy rich and cannot take endorsements.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Ahhh----Demolition Man. Ahead of it's time. Like always we are slowly indoctrinated into the big plan.

Strange that we are seeing another rash of Arnie and Sly movies coming out.?????

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

tothetenthpower
Well isn't that interesting?

Actor and former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is working to change the law so he can mount a 2016 presidential run, according to a New York Post report.

The newspaper quotes unnamed sources who say the actor, who’s in New York City to promote his latest movie, “has been talking openly about working on getting the constitutional rules changed.”

The source said the 66-year-old Schwarzenegger, a Republican, intends to file the necessary paperwork to challenge the rules.

The U.S. Constitution forbids foreign-born citizens from holding the chief executive position, but some legal experts have said it’s not completely clear that courts would enforce the law instead of letting voters decide.

So Arnold, may decide to go ahead and mount that challenge, let's see how that works out. I wonder if the GOP will support his bid considering all the flack birthers game Obama about it over the years?

I wonder if he's trying to pull a Ronald Reagan in a way, popular celebrity whose been in politics gets elected to the highest office in the land?

Sure will be interesting to watch.

~Tenth

If anyone from Hollywood should be President then it should be Ben Affleck.
If he can be Batman then why not President.

Seriously though. I say no to this. I don't even support anyone with dual citizenship being able to serve in government office at all though. It should be banned across the board. There are a lot of dual citizens of Israel serving in some of the highest offices of our Nation and have been for a long time. Conflict of interest. Look it up.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

The "buckle" never falls far from the tree............

This constitutional amendment bid merely begins the process, so it really doesn't matter all that much if he (AS) accomplishes it or not - he's doing his Nazi masters bidding so as to inject the idea into the public consciousness once and for all - that its an actual possibility that this can - and will happen.

edit on 23-10-2013 by XionZap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
There is a concerted effort by certain American Powers That Be to bring Canadian citizens into the loving arms of the US as 11 or so new states of the union.
If they were to succeed in their efforts, where would that leave us if a natural born Canadian were to make a run for the Presidency?
Just curious.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
Well isn't that interesting?

Actor and former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is working to change the law so he can mount a 2016 presidential run, according to a New York Post report.

The newspaper quotes unnamed sources who say the actor, who’s in New York City to promote his latest movie, “has been talking openly about working on getting the constitutional rules changed.”

The source said the 66-year-old Schwarzenegger, a Republican, intends to file the necessary paperwork to challenge the rules.

The U.S. Constitution forbids foreign-born citizens from holding the chief executive position, but some legal experts have said it’s not completely clear that courts would enforce the law instead of letting voters decide.

So Arnold, may decide to go ahead and mount that challenge, let's see how that works out. I wonder if the GOP will support his bid considering all the flack birthers game Obama about it over the years?

I wonder if he's trying to pull a Ronald Reagan in a way, popular celebrity whose been in politics gets elected to the highest office in the land?

Sure will be interesting to watch.

~Tenth

Well ever since I saw the film Demolition Man I wondered if the dialogue from one of the main characters saying he (Arnold) became president would actually become true!!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join