It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger intends to challenge law and run for president

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Well isn't that interesting?

Actor and former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is working to change the law so he can mount a 2016 presidential run, according to a New York Post report.

The newspaper quotes unnamed sources who say the actor, who’s in New York City to promote his latest movie, “has been talking openly about working on getting the constitutional rules changed.”

The source said the 66-year-old Schwarzenegger, a Republican, intends to file the necessary paperwork to challenge the rules.

The U.S. Constitution forbids foreign-born citizens from holding the chief executive position, but some legal experts have said it’s not completely clear that courts would enforce the law instead of letting voters decide.

So Arnold, may decide to go ahead and mount that challenge, let's see how that works out. I wonder if the GOP will support his bid considering all the flack birthers game Obama about it over the years?

I wonder if he's trying to pull a Ronald Reagan in a way, popular celebrity whose been in politics gets elected to the highest office in the land?

Sure will be interesting to watch.

~Tenth

+42 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I don't think it would be that hard.
Arnold can buy a Hawaiian birth certificate off the internet.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

badgerprints
I don't think it would be that hard.
Arnold can buy a Hawaiian birth certificate off the internet.

At least he's trying to change a law instead of breaking one...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I doubt that Aaaaahhhhnold could do much worse than the previous people, but, I highly doubt that the law will bend in his favor.

It will be interesting to see how it unfolds though
thanks for sharing.

S&F

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I think he could become Prez just in time to concretise that movie with Stallone, Bullock and the one playing the bad guy!

Cool!

( Sorry... My memory is lousy... )

I'm not surprised at all...

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The Pres-inator?

Sorry - someone had to say it...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
Well isn't that interesting?

The U.S. Constitution forbids foreign-born citizens from holding the chief executive position, but some legal experts have said it’s not completely clear that courts would enforce the law instead of letting voters decide.

I wonder if the GOP will support his bid considering all the flack birthers game Obama about it over the years?

The courts may not choose to uphold the law, welcome to a wonderland. I guess the will of the mob may eventually win out. That's a sad testimony to the state of our country.

I'm still waiting on Obama's school transcripts and information on him being a foreign student. Schwarzenegger is completely ineligible for the office of president at this time. I'm pretty sure Cruz is ineligible as well.

Still like Arnie's movies though.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
So... Let me see if I can understand this. I'm a little busy today so, it's taking a moment to wrap my little bunny brain around the concept.

Arnie figures the very best way to serve America as well as Support and Defend the United States, as the Oath requires of a president ....is to change that very document as a PRE-requisite to even being able to attempt to get the job?

The Terminator needs to go back to Austria, perhaps, if our system is that difficult for him to grasp and come to terms with. It's a real clear and very well thought out document we follow, in my opinion. Unfortunately for him, it's an opinion shared by a vast % of the people across the land, too.

He won't 'be back' on this topic, I'm thinking.

link   
reply to post by Bassago

I think cruz is ok cause he renounced his Canadian Citizenship.

Cruz was born in Calgary, Alberta,[1][10] where his parents, Eleanor Elizabeth Wilson Darragh[

But I guess if it's based on where you were born, he would not be.
edit on 10/19/2013 by tothetenthpower because: Typo

link   

No! I am very much against this. We have that law for a reason.

No real problem with Arnie himself and I doubt he would have subversive intentions. But future candidates might.

And Arnie just has too much drama attached. His presidency would be a farce, IMHO.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

It won't happen. All considered, it's a bad idea to put an actor whose career has never depended on doing what's right in a position where genuine honor is the greatest asset.
edit on 19-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Quite comical tenth good thread, I needed a laugh. All I have to say is,

I'll pass....

The governator can't even keep it in his pants with a house maid while he had a beautiful rich wife and family.
A man that can't control his second head is a man that does not need to control the country.. Born here or not..

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

Yeah, *IF* this ever happens [it won't], I imagine his would be a Slick Willie presidency complete with sex scandals, some globalist policies like Clinton's NAFTA, etc.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The US Constitution is pretty clear in this regard:

Article 2, Section 1:

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

So, to challenge the law will require a Constitutional Congress and will have to go through all 50 States, as such:

Article 5 :

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.

It would require a Constitutional Convention to make it happen. And that takes a couple of years and opens the door to all kinds of political mayhem.

So in a word, Good Luck with that Arnold! At least it can't happen before the next Presidential election.
edit on 19-10-2013 by LetsGoViking because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It's sort of like what my Grandpa said about Reagan...

"Why would Americans elect a person skilled and taught how to act... into a position we want honesty, transparency, and the truth? But here we are electing ACTORS to office. Stupid."

CdT

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

That's how I always felt about Reagan as well.

Makes no sense to me.

Furthermore, the 50 state constitutional challenge would NEVER pass in certain states.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't it take 2/3 State approval after it passes the Fed level to amend the Constitution? That ain't going to happen.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Yep. See above. And neither side, Right or Left, wants to open the door of a Congress...especially with one that seeks to overturn an entire major Article.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Change the law?

Wouldn't Congress have to pass a Constitutional amendment to allow someone foreign born to run???

ETA: Just saw another has just raised this very issue.

edit on 19-10-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I don't need to know any more about that guys housekeeper.

It should be interesting to see how "important" the Constitution becomes, all of a sudden, though.

Today, I think they just wipe with it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join