It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP's Little Rule Change They Hoped You Wouldn't Notice

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

ownbestenemy

kmb08753
Wow. Dumbfounded is the right word.

I know it is not law, but can we ALL match on Washington, go to the capital building and remove them from office?

This is beyond out of control. I am frustrated. I am tired of these two parties playing chicken with our country.

Why? It is Constitutionally sound for the Houses to establish their own rules. What grounds are you going to use when you try and remove them from office? Don't like it? Actually participate in the process beyond voting in November.

It is time to take up arms against our own government, but instead I am just going to read a thousand more threads about this crap.

What options do we Americans have?

Plenty and even though I do not like the way the politics are playing out and I believe our policies are moving in the wrong direction; I condemn the calling to arms as you have made.

When 300 million plus citizens show up and physically remove them, we won't need legal grounds.

No. I am not for civil war. Our system is a great one, on paper at the least. I am just pissed and feeling helpless to resolve the current situation. This is my frustrated/helpless feeling rant. But really, very soon, what other choices are we going to have? When our economy crumbles and the 99% can't feed themselves, what are we going to do?

It is not just the issue in this thread. As a whole, our politicians are not trying to fix the problem, they are pushing their own agendas and jockeying for control. They are only looking out for themselves and the people who control them. I do not believe at all that they feel they are doing the right thing to fix our country. (I am sure you can point to a few representatives that are trying, but apparently a few are not enough)

When will enough be enough?

edit on 13-10-2013 by kmb08753 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

MidnightTide
Get rid of them all - Democrats and Republicans.

What to replace them with...no knows. But I do know what there is now isn't working at all.

MT,

My exact sentiments.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I am embarrassed by Eric Cantor as he is from my state of Virginia.

He gave the Capitol police a standing ovation for shooting an unarmed woman then has the stupidity to lump in Social Security with "entitlement" programs and now he wants to hold the future of the entire nation in his greedy little paws.

He was my rep when I lived in Richmond taking over Tom Bliliey's seat who retired.

The guy has had a bizarre metoric rise to the top (or is it bottom?) of the political ladder:
Check this out -

His daddy was campaign treasurer for Ronald Reagan's 1980 presidential ca mpaign and on graduation from George Washington University he was an intern for Tom Bliley.

After winning Bliley's seat in 2000 Cantor was made Chairman of the Congressional Task Force on Terrorism and Unconventional Warfare. - First term??!???!!!!??

He was also on the House Financial Services Committee, the House International Relations Committee and the House Ways and Means Committee in his first term.

In 2002 he was appointed Chief Deputy Republican Whip, the highest appointed position in the Republican caucus.[10] Only in his 2nd term? WTH??!!??

In 2010 0r 11 he was made Majority Leader 2nd only to Boehner

As of December 2010, Cantor is the only Jewish Republican in the United States Congress
en.wikipedia.org...-Barone2008-6

He voted for CAFTA
Voted for TARP Bailouts
Sponsored bills to end all aid to Palestine
and to make flag burning illegal

He wrote a book called Young Guns and my favorite quote from it is:

"The idea is that the government can be counted on to spend more wisely than the people."[32]

Now he wants to be Caesar and decide the fate of our Nation.
A real people's champion...not!
I feel like going outside and having a good scream right about now.
edit on 13-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Just realized I put this in the wrong forum lol.
I meant to put it in US Political Madness.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

"Obama is the last US "president" of any party."

Possibly so. There are prophecies that state just that. Here's one right nere.

prophecies-2012.blogspot.com...

If things aren't fixed soon then there will be problems for Obama and Congress from the people.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Kali74
Just realized I put this in the wrong forum lol.
I meant to put it in US Political Madness.

Don't worry about it. This forum works just as well. Even though we disagree on things at times, I think that that this one deserves a S&F. Thanks for pointing this out. I had no clue.

As has been said here and all around the web ad nausem...vote 'em all out!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Time for some citizen town hall meetings, nationwide and broadcast on the web I think.
This has to stop.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
And for anyone curious who voted for this:

Link

YEA 228 53% Republican 221 Democrat 7
NAY 199 46% Republican 9 Democrat 190
NOT VOTING 4 1% Republican 1 Democrat 3
REQUIRED: Simple Majority

Names at the link.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

kmb08753
Wow. Dumbfounded is the right word.

I know it is not law, but can we ALL match on Washington, go to the capital building and remove them from office? I am up for a roadtrip, you can count me in.

This is beyond out of control. I am frustrated. I am tired of these two parties playing chicken with our country.

Blah blah blah. 1000 posts saying everything is messed up, but none giving us any options to do anything about it.

It is time to take up arms against our own government, but instead I am just going to read a thousand more threads about this crap.

What options do we Americans have?

Grrrr AAHHHHHHH! ... No I don't feel any better.

We must remove official power and officials gradually and peacefully. Starting with town meetings, budget cuts, firings, local recall elections and, if necessary, legal action.

Without animosity, we must incorporate those newly reintegrated citizens who are ideologically sympathetic to our cause, to the cause. At each stage we stand to gain allies and informed consultants who will help us to proceed to the next stage and bring additional legitimacy to the austerity movement.

I think this is the mechanism our forefathers intended for us to employ.

Not revolution, not insurrection but vigilant, informed and relentless relibertification.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

ownbestenemy

xavi1000
GOP is living in fantasy land .Maybe Bush jr ( the worst president in US history) is the last Republican president in US?

Republicans Don't Think They Have to Raise the Debt Ceiling—They're Dangerously Wrong

www.theatlantic.com...

Except Moody's is saying otherwise that it is the President of the United States who is pushing a false narrative.

”We believe the government would continue to pay interest and principal on its debt even in the event that the debt limit is not raised, leaving its creditworthiness intact,” the memo says. “The debt limit restricts government expenditures to the amount of its incoming revenues; it does not prohibit the government from servicing its debt. There is no direct connection between the debt limit (actually the exhaustion of the Treasury’s extraordinary measures to raise funds) and a default."

Who to believe...who indeed...
Wouldn't need to raise the debt ceiling without Obamacare.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Bilk22

ownbestenemy

xavi1000
GOP is living in fantasy land .Maybe Bush jr ( the worst president in US history) is the last Republican president in US?

Republicans Don't Think They Have to Raise the Debt Ceiling—They're Dangerously Wrong

www.theatlantic.com...

Except Moody's is saying otherwise that it is the President of the United States who is pushing a false narrative.

”We believe the government would continue to pay interest and principal on its debt even in the event that the debt limit is not raised, leaving its creditworthiness intact,” the memo says. “The debt limit restricts government expenditures to the amount of its incoming revenues; it does not prohibit the government from servicing its debt. There is no direct connection between the debt limit (actually the exhaustion of the Treasury’s extraordinary measures to raise funds) and a default."

Who to believe...who indeed...
Wouldn't need to raise the debt ceiling without Obamacare.

I starred you for making a good point....
But I think they would have raised the debt ceiling without Obamacare in the equation.... they are just like that. Spend, spend, spend.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Kali74
A recent Gallup poll shows 60% of people polled perceive a need for a third party.
Gallup

That's an unfortunate number. That means that 40% of the people are still clinging to the (D) or (R). That's rather sad. I'd think by now the number of people understanding that we need viable third and fourth and fifth parties would be higher.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

FlyersFan

Kali74
A recent Gallup poll shows 60% of people polled perceive a need for a third party.
Gallup

That's an unfortunate number. That means that 40% of the people are still clinging to the (D) or (R). That's rather sad. I'd think by now the number of people understanding that we need viable third and fourth and fifth parties would be higher.

It's still a step in the right direction. Those numbers were a lot lower even in the recent past. The numbers even seem to picking up speed over the past ten years.

If Ross Perot didn't drop out of the race and then get back in, we might have already had more than two partys. But he set a third party system back by doing that.

Maybe more people will start doing research into the candidates now.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

What is stinking dirty tricks on one side is sly, clever manipulation on the other.

In the service, we would never steal from another unit.
We would, "reallocate pre-existing resources".

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Nope, doesn't need to be raised one cent. Can you explain to me how the treasury managed to report the nation's debt just slightly less than the debt ceiling without it changing for over 100+ days straight?

All this talk about the debt ceiling is much ado about nothing. The fact is its all funny money and Washington's been cooking the books for years. This is a political stunt, nothing more.

The country needs serious reforms on its entitlement programs and social security.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I'm tired of the government being run by idiots that are spending more than we have to spend. As far as I'm concerned, I say burn this mother f'er down now. It's long overdue. Don't give in one inch.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
lol at the Obama alarmists that think the world will end if we don't raise the debt ceiling. You guys do realize that Obama was running AGAINST raising the debt ceiling in 2008, right?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
A third major party, yeah that will fix everything....... We need to get rid of parties and have people run on individual merits, not fake divided propaganda and kneejerk non-issue issues. Dividing the country into halves worked so well, for them, why not further divide it, right?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

xavi1000

Bush? The worst?? Where have YOU been? Obama is working with the other liberals to destroy the Constitution and take our freedoms away so the democrats can remain in power by becoming tyrants. Seriously...where have you been. Or...are you one of them.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

The best option is to crash the market to destroy wallstreet. Then we can reset. Did u not see Wall Street and the communist Chinese threaten the American government that they better raise the debt ceiling and sign us onto more debt for them.

The hell!! Screw those guys we aren't their slave. Mine as well let it crash, that way we can start a revolution.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join