It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret is a Powerful Thing that can change your life

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I have said all there is to say as far as the scam goes. Nothing in this world will improve as long as the masses are still not able/refuse to see scams for what they really are. Perhaps it is the Stockholm Syndrome or The Law of Attraction working. I don't know. This maybe the very same reason our financial system is the way it is too. But that's an entirely different story.

The book subscribes to the idea that not only positive but negative events (including getting cheated, poverty, rapes, abuses, etc) are caused by your own negative thoughts. In essence it is blaming the readers for those events to occur, thus absolving itself (and the perpetrators of crimes) from any responsibility (and sorry, no refund). It suggests that even if you follow the instructions in the book/videos to a tee but still unable to pull yourself out, you have nobody to blame but yourself and your own conditioning.

Well, despite the negative thoughts I have about The Secret and its author(s)/actors, I am happy to announced that I haven't fallen prey to it yet and remain content. So where is the proof of negative attraction in that?
Besides, there really is no reason to seek contentment outside your SELF....especially not from a book.

Again, if you must, get the videos and books from your community library free or from those who have no use of them anymore (there are plenty of them out there).

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

It sounds like you want a pat on the back LOL!

All of your post is about people making money. You seem to be stuck in the James Randi rut that if you call everything woo, you can have a false sense of pride that everyone else is gullible and your the only smart one that can figure it out.

Sadly, you have fallen for the skeptics Secret which I call Cybernetic Ignorance.

Cybernetic Ignorance is 2 fold.

First, you label everything you don't understand as woo and a scam.

Second, you will then get a feeling of I'm the smart one and everyone else is gullible and everyone should agree with me.

Again, if your so upset that these people made money selling books to people who wanted to buy these books, then start a website called imupsetpeoplemakemoneysellingbooks.com

What the Secret says is Like attracts Like. It's one of the things that Steve Harvey talked about in the video. All it's saying is hang around positive people and stay away from the negative crowd.

Don't parents tell their kids this in school? Stay away from that guy because he's always in trouble.

What's wrong with this message?

You say it's simple common sense so why should it be sold, it's because people build up a lot of bad habits and it's not easy for everyone to change them.

So if people feel they need things like the Secret or Tony Robbins to help them and they're willing to pay for books and videos why do you care?

Some of the people in the Secret are hired by companies to talk to their employees about these things. Some of the most successful people see Tony Robbins to hear some basic common sense and he has a Net Worth close to 500 million.

My point is who really looks like the odd man out?

The James Randi disciple that's mad because everyone doesn't believe as they do or the person who buys the Secret and starts to change his bad habits and starts forming a Mastermind group and begins to make great business connections?
edit on 18-10-2013 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

It is a display of an utter lack of compassion when someone tells you that you got cheated, raped or abused because you didn't listen to your mother or that you harbored negative thoughts attracting those ills to yourself - basically it was of no one's fault but your own. Tell that to abused victims, especially children. The only simple reason I can think of that The Secret pushes this idea is for the masses keep silent, not to protest or ask for their money back.

There really is no reason at all to be upset. I really am not. I am only presenting why I think The Secret is a big scam. Why? Because I do care and don't wish to see more people hurt, lose their hard-earned money in the process. Just because I don't think people who claim they have access to infinite riches should be taken seriously, it doesn't mean I can stop them from selling the idea or born-yesterday souls from buying it, does it?

Ok... here is a challenge for those who adamantly think The Secret truly work for them and unable to see it as a big scam....Sell everything you have, donate ALL your wealth to charities of your choice while attracting infinitely more to yourselves in the process. You can stop badgering/vilifying me and twisting my words for trying to help those who haven't fallen prey to The Secret and prove me wrong that way.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

I've never read it, but we are in an interactive universe, being tested to see if we can get the black squares out of us, so we can pull in a really positive eutopia and upgrade, thats like the master test here.

And as for the idea of karma, its a tool when used for healing, but its only personal, no one else is ever entitled to point fingers at others, its not a weapon and its illegal to use it as a karma trap. Compassion, love and understanding, realizing you'd be very much like the other person if you actually lived there lives, is how you grow up here. So anyone saying anyting else is distorted and bitter and harsh.

Mystery school pracitioners are often, if not always, distorted on these things, for they are learning from the wolves, without knowing it.

Ego the only thing that keeps one silent.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I borrowed and read the book years ago when it first came out. Honestly, I really can't blame anyone who failed to see the truth. I was just as blind too...Skeptical though I was, I was receptive to the idea that The Secret was a legitimate teaching for some people (but "knew" it was not for me). I remember the book was very well written, hypnotic and extremely persuasive. As time passed, it just became very apparent to me that it was merely a money-making scheme. I think there has been a gradual shift of consciousness that happened between then and now and I can't pin point exactly when. It just happened... I must admit, I am not yet familiar with works of Randi as mentioned by the OP'er here.

Yes...there are many predator "spiritual teachers" the masses are not aware of. I'd have imagined it is becoming much easier to discern whom to trust these days, but I'm apparently wrong. In the end, it is a personal journey and there is no way of forcing others to see situations which have taken me a lengthy process to internalize, digest and finally 'see' and share.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

It does have the truth in it, if it has anything to do with co-creating, thought creates, use positive emotions and envision positive world and what I call law of affinity, instead of law of attraction. It is true and I filled the sky with pink and white cloud hearts.

But that book came out of a mystery school, and so everything has to do with who is revealing it, and their motive.

People who sit there yearning for a fat bank account and a big car/boat, might get a run down boat or car show up, but some of them may also get a big IOU from the dark hats who arranged that for them.

We're supposed to be working on self and having positive thoughts in a non selfish way. Which doesnt mean having the lottery day dream and how you could help is negative, or wrong to do at times, but one should also close off with conscious awareness any permissions for negatives to try to give you this and only be open to positive and good. And for the good of all others. Intent is important too.

The mystery school is ego and distortion. Some of them are just working for the UN agenda to put out alot of new age and occult to bring in a dark magicians era. And yet they draw people by distorting thing that are real, that our spirits are drawn to as we remember them inside. These are soul abilities, but its a big test then, how self absorbed are we or selfless?

They also want to shift people into a oneness, merging with the universe plane itself, when its something enter into and you're not one with. your body may be one with it, but your Spirit/Soul is from Beyond, and Heaven, and then attack the foundation of Family and Source by making us all into gods. Well we are in a sense of the Divine, branches of the Tree, and yet that word is not my favorite. But we also have Source, HS and Mom/Dad/God, and I happen to believe in Christ and Christ Consciousness, and what Jesus taught us.

This is the overall goal they have with souls is to cut them off from source and Family and attempt to entrap them in the school, cosmos, to be recycled as slaves.

So having gratitude for daily miracles, is a really good thing. Seeking within for answers and yet, keeping positive thoughts and emotions is a form of prayer.
edit on 19-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Yes, like the technique used by the mainstream news media and organized religions (especially in the modern era), The Secret tries to offer elements that resonate well with individuals in order to gain trust and follower$.

I had once paid for and undergone a transcendental meditation program since everything I had read about it seemed to ring true. Later on, they invited me to their regular group meditation sessions. It wasn't long before they started asking for donations and persuading me to pay more to enroll in advanced programs, which I declined. I suspected they "planted" some people openly giving donations in front of others hoping the rest would follow. They claimed the Universe would provide multiple times more for any donation they gave. Logically speaking, if that was the case, those running the program could/should continuously give everything they had, thus it would have been all self-funding, wouldn't it?
I didn't donate because it wasn't my intention to ask Universe to meet my material needs. I had enough and was already thankful. When they realized they couldn't squeeze anymore cash from me, they stopped inviting me to the group meditation sessions.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Oh dear, just saw the video with greek voices (edited sound for greek people), they expanded to much... I also laughed so much, all around the world, at least it makes us laugh!!!

This thing is dangerous, it combines spirit into materialism. In a point they say " The energy flows, where your attention is" and 2 seconds after, it says " DO NOT care about the world and the people, care about only yourself" and 2 minutes after the video says " stay away from your ego, misery and greedy, be happy and open the catalog of the universe and ask anything you want"

but the whole video is about materials!

its a parody video...! Is on youtube as "the secret ". Only Kronians could make such a failure... The reason I searched it on Above top secret, I was expecting to find information, what kind of religion is hiding behind it? who knows...

ps: I did asked something though, " ZEUS, ARHS, help us"
edit on 18-1-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join