It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret is a Powerful Thing that can change your life

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The Secret is very powerful stuff. Some people try to trivialize it because they think the Secret means if you just think or believe you will become successful at reaching your goal, then you will reach your goal.

In some ways, this misconception was sold on purpose by the Publisher to mass market the book. This is far from the truth though.

If you listen to speakers from the Secret and people like Napoleon Hill, the Secret is much more than this.

The Secret is simply this:

It's about reprogramming the subconscious mind to form new habits or what some call paradigms.

That's it in a nutshell.

Throughout your life you form habits. Some of them are good and some are bad. These habits are things that are embedded within your subconscious and they're automatic. This is why you will hear people say,"I've tried to change but I can't." or "I don't know why I keep doing the same thing."

How do we form these habits? Through repetition.

This is the Secret. This is why people talk about repeating your goal over and over again or writing it down. They talk about visualization. If you want to start a business, see yourself running the business and looking over the financial statements from your business.

You're simply creating new habits that will become automatic overtime. It's like a Cybernetic system. Look at the thermostat. You put it on a set goal of 70 degrees and when the temperature deviates to 65 degrees the furnace will click on. So once you set a goal and you form habits that will help you reach your goal, even when you deviate from your set goal the new habits you formed will kick in and put you back on track.

I have experienced this in my life and even when I gave up on a goal that I embedded as a habit, I couldn't escape it and the goal was reached.

So the Secret isn't something mysterious. A lot of people think it's part of some New Age movement but it isn't. It's simply conditioning the mind to form new habits that will help you reach your goal through repetition, visualization and the expectation that your goal will be met.
edit on 13-10-2013 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Act as if it is already happening or "Change Your Thought or You'll get what You always got"

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Sounds to me like a hodgepodge of neuro-linguistic programming and pseudo psychology with a healthy dash of "mystic rhythms".

Sorry.

Call it what it is. If it's merely a measure of identifying your bad habits, replacing with new habits of the rich and successful, might I suggest watching late night infomercials from the likes of Tony Robbins. I've actually read his book "Awaken the Giant Within" a few times. Well worth a read. However, what it distinctly lacks is the "woowoo" of any kind of "Secret(tm)".

Here's a thought. Let's all wear togas, screw it, bedsheets, and drink beaujolais from the bottle...dancing around a bonfire, as we throw glasses with notes written from the previous year about our worries and cares into the fire to symbolize growth, rebirth, and evolution of self. And let's call down the spirits of the Elohim while we're at it. And we need a name, and it HAS to have Nibiru in it.

Definitely Nibiru.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

Your post doesn't have anything to do with what I actually said but it illustrates my point.

You're stuck in the paradigm that the Secret means X. So no matter what, you don't want to deviate from what you already believe.

In this case x=mystic rhythms and woowoo. So even though your post doesn't address anything that I've said, you will not deviate from your set paradigm of the way you see the Secret.

People just need to do the same thing except they need to form new habits that will help them reach their set goals.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

neoholographic
You're stuck in the paradigm that the Secret means X. So no matter what, you don't want to deviate from what you already believe.

You are stuck in the paradigm that the "Secret" means anything but something thought up be people to flog a book and make money!

You are also very touchy when people point out your nonsense - it appears you were one of the gullible ones that got suckered into this nonsense, and are now very easily upset when people point that out!
edit on 13-10-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

LOL, another example of what I'm saying.

So because they sold books and made money it means what they're saying isn't true??

So everyone that writes books and makes money is just lying?

You just have a preconceived notion that you can't change and this is my point.

The Secret is simply forming new habits over time that will help you reach your goal. What isn't true about that?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

neoholographic

Your post doesn't have anything to do with what I actually said but it illustrates my point.

In this case x=mystic rhythms and woowoo. So even though your post doesn't address anything that I've said, you will not deviate from your set paradigm of the way you see the Secret.

People just need to do the same thing except they need to form new habits that will help them reach their set goals.

Did I touch a nerve?

Sounds to me like I did.

Perhaps I cut too close to home?

Hey, I've got a NEW religion for you...It's called the Church of SadistNocturne...you see, you've been deviating from your own predetermined paradigm in order to see "The Secret". You need to send me $49.95 and I'll send you 38 CD's or 67 cassettes, if you don't have a CD player. Upon plugging into the new information I'll be beaming directly into your soullight, you'll understand how the plebeians have weighted your soul down with the souls of dead Grey Aliens who crashed into the Pentagon on 9/11 during the great cosmic schism.

With this new scientific like tool, you'll be able to re-attune your inner frequencies, not unlike the crystal within a radar gun. You'll be shooting straighter than a rocket once you can properly detect the oncoming speed of a black sedan, playing fast forward just as long as they can. But, hey, you won't need a bed, because then and only then, you'll be a fully digital man.

All of my dreams can be yours with this new technology of the soullight. And with your insertion of only 7 AAA batteries, your soullight will shine bright throughout the night!

Let your SOULlight glow!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

SadistNocturne

neoholographic

Did I touch a nerve?

Sounds to me like I did.

Perhaps I cut too close to home?

Hey, I've got a NEW religion for you...It's called the Church of SadistNocturne...you see, you've been deviating from your own predetermined paradigm in order to see "The Secret". You need to send me $49.95 and I'll send you 38 CD's or 67 cassettes, if you don't have a CD player. Upon plugging into the new information I'll be beaming directly into your soullight, you'll understand how the plebeians have weighted your soul down with the souls of dead Grey Aliens who crashed into the Pentagon on 9/11 during the great cosmic schism.

With this new scientific like tool, you'll be able to re-attune your inner frequencies, not unlike the crystal within a radar gun. You'll be shooting straighter than a rocket once you can properly detect the oncoming speed of a black sedan, playing fast forward just as long as they can. But, hey, you won't need a bed, because then and only then, you'll be a fully digital man.

All of my dreams can be yours with this new technology of the soullight. And with your insertion of only 7 AAA batteries, your soullight will shine bright throughout the night!

Let your SOULlight glow!

Nope, it's just you haven't addressed anything that I actually said. You sound like a product of James Randi and you're stuck on using his buzzwords that have no meaning as it pertains to the topic being discussed.

You sound upset because people sold books and made money from the Secret. That's your problem.

Would you please quote something that I actually said and explain how it's woo or mystic rhythms or are you just a James Randi robot that can't think for yourself?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It's just a fancy way to dress up chanting the mantras and praying the hymns.

Same goals, same procedures, same desire to gain control in an uncontrollable world, etc.
Casting a spell if you will. It's just figurative speech really. Read between the lines.

On the flipper side we could also call it "Wishful Thinking".
Wish = Well Fish, Jonah
Enter the Carp
Throw the coin in the fountain.

wish (v.)
Old English wyscan "to wish," from Proto-Germanic *wunskijanan (cf. Old Norse æskja, Danish ønske, Swedish önska, Middle Dutch wonscen, Dutch wensen, Old High German wunsken, German wunschen "to wish"), from PIE *wun-/*wen-/*won- "to strive after, wish, desire, be satisfied" (cf. Sanskrit vanati "he desires, loves, wins," Latin venus "love, sexual desire, loveliness," venerari "to worship;" see Venus)

What do you know, the Secret of the 'Wishful Fish' is Venus Venilia!
That's the fiddler with the violin of violet violence.
That's an abusive lyre!

What it means decoded then re-encoded into the obvious truth:

Some clever occult types came up with a way to "Harvest Gold" from "Fish".
Snake Oil Mer-Chanters selling the Bull Shark?

That's why it's commonly called the "Shovel-nose" Shark my dearest associate.
They are "digging" into "your ears" to trick "your hand" into "emptying your wallet".

It's the $ecret to $uccess it's called P$I-Op$.
She's the Godde$$ of Wealth by the way.

The Latin word ops means "riches, goods, abundance, gifts, munificence, plenty". The word is also related to opus, which means "work", particularly in the sense of "working the earth, ploughing, sowing".

edit on 13-10-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Again, more James Randi type nonsense. You guys seem so upset that people sold books and made money. Will you please address something I actually said.

The Secret is simply forming new habits through things like visualization and repetition.

I remember reading that Will Smith was told by everyone that's it's unreasonable to think a rapper will be a sitcom star and a big movie star. Smith said he kept seeing himself this way and he expected it to happen for him.

Tell me, what's woo about this? What's mystical about this?

Some people are just stuck inside the head of James Randi and they can't think for themselves. How many athletes say they visualize themselves playing in the NBA or NFL on draft night?

My point is, it's not anything magical, just basic common sense but of course you and others will be stuck on your set points of woo, snake oil salesmen, they're just making money, wishful thinking, mysticism and more.

My advice, get out of James Randi's head and think for yourself.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I want to have an open mind...

But not so open my brain's fall out.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

this topic has come up a few times already,. but I always say the same thing in general,.
It has worked for me, Positive thoughts bring you what you want,. simple as that.

I have done it over time and time again,.
if your a negative person,. then those things you think about that you hate the most will
continue to be there for you,.
Be a denier and you will be denied.

I have made my life what i have.
for me it is one of two things,.
I am either prophetic to my future
or, I make my dreams and wishes come true.

Also, get off fluoride,. it clouds your ability to push positive energy

edit on 13-10-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
A secret won't change your life at all, because it's a secret, therefore you don't know about it.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

Darn, you just revealed our upcoming The Real Secret!

And for $49.99, we will ship an exclusive DVD to you FREE. With every purchase, you will be helping the poor in third world nations across e globe. We KNOW $0.00100 of your purchase, before tax, will make a remarkable difference in their lives. As we always say, believe, and it will be a reality.

edit on 13-10-2013 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

When you mention "The Secret" I assume you are referring to the book? Ok, let's be logical, shall we? Since the publication of the book, have we seen the betterment of humanity? Has there been an explosion of the number of people getting rich? Heightened altruism? Have we witnesses an increase of middle income families in the West? Elimination of poverty? Is america's top 1% now becoming the top 40%?

While positive attitude night help one to keep striving and increase their success rate, following the book isn't at all essential. If anything, buying the book and attending their seminars makes one poorer. But if you belong to the category of individuals who need that kind of motivation to make a change in your life, I have a 1-900 number you can subscribed to and an accompanying lucky bridge you can rent too. You need testimonies? No problem, I will get you some of those too...

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
'The Secret' is itself just another form of what some people have been doing for thousands of years. In essence, it is surrendering to the Universe (in a way - Yourself!), and living in tune with and in synchronisation with the core (or 'pulse') of the Universe.

Very simple to see, write and understand (though many can't really understand it), but very hard to do. It takes a while to get to the 'pulse'.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
If you're after 'the secret' so you can get lots of money or sex, then you're missing the point and you're just doing selfish magic/k. It's about body, mind and soul. THAT is the 'secret'.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

neoholographic

Nope, it's just you haven't addressed anything that I actually said. You sound like a product of James Randi and you're stuck on using his buzzwords that have no meaning as it pertains to the topic being discussed.

You sound upset because people sold books and made money from the Secret. That's your problem.

Would you please quote something that I actually said and explain how it's woo or mystic rhythms or are you just a James Randi robot that can't think for yourself?

Ok my friend, I guess you're just not seeing the simple fact that A) I disagree with your premise of a "secret" and that it is merely dressed up pseudo-psycho babble. You seem fixated on referring to it as a "Secret" and thus somehow imbuing it with power beyond what it really is. Self reflection, analysis, and self change.

B) you're failing to see the obvious humor I was looking to injecting into the thread with the song references, pop culture references and eddie murphy movie references. I was just making fun of it all, including myself. Perhaps you take yourself a wee bit too seriously. I think being able to laugh at yourself is the first and foremost important thing in this crappy world we live in. It makes everything much more simple in the end, when you can laugh at yourself and realize just how fallable you yourself are.

Have fun, and see things for what they are.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Why is it a secret? If its point is to enlighten it should be available to everyone. If desire by the seeker is intended/pure, the knowledge should be given instantly. If its a secret that means its a carrot on a stick dangling and there is more to this, evading or not telling you/the truth. Why again is this a secret, why is anything a secret; to be hidden from you and to be saught after, but never given up. Not that easily even after what you consider a fair payment.

edit on 13-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

vethumanbeing
Why is it a secret?

So they can make money from it....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join