It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why were Adam and Eve driven from the Garden of Eden?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The sumerians invented writing, so hardly any surprise that they came up with the first written account of Adam and Eve - who, being the frst, were not part of any culture or civilization. Their legend was preserved as oral tradition,until they figured out writing. Just because the Sumerians wrote about it, doesn't mean it was their concoction.
edit on 14-10-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Regarding their banishment, it was because they followed Satan. Prior to the events in the bible, Satan had sworn to mislead mankind... Reason being he was punished for refusing to prostrate before Adam, the being made of clay, Adam, was obviously Satans first target,

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n
Regarding their banishment, it was because they followed Satan. Prior to the events in the bible, Satan had sworn to mislead mankind... Reason being he was punished for refusing to prostrate before Adam, the being made of clay, Adam, was obviously Satans first target,

But was does satan preach? What is the ideals (insanely corruptive from my point of view ) that satan follows and what ideals are god following? A lot of people say they believe in god and follow god but how can they know when they are not knowing the 2 different way of thinking and how they are opposite each other. Any religion can be used as a wonderful healing tool or as a destructive imprisoning weapon. When you use it as a healing tool it is nice when you use it as a destructive imprisoning weapon then you are using it to satans benefit and are using religion as a barrier between humanity and god.

How can you battle the demon inside if you are not even aware what the demon is?
edit on 14-10-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

But was does satan preach?

To Eve, Satan preached "Ye shall not surely die".

Christianity preaches "whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Jesus quoted "Ye are Gods" from the Psalms.

Genesis says "the man is become as one of us".

(insert puzzled emoticon here)

edit on 14-10-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

LittleByLittle

sk0rpi0n

But was does satan preach? What is the ideals (insanely corruptive from my point of view ) that satan follows and what ideals are god following? A lot of people say they believe in god and follow god but how can they know when they are not knowing the 2 different way of thinking and how they are opposite each other. Any religion can be used as a wonderful healing tool or as a destructive imprisoning weapon. When you use it as a healing tool it is nice when you use it as a destructive imprisoning weapon then you are using it to satans benefit and are using religion as a barrier between humanity and god.

How can you battle the demon inside if you are not even aware what the demon is?

Satan is a nihilist and preaches destruction and an end to life because it is the only way he will be released from the torture that is being unreconciled with God.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

FreeMason

LittleByLittle

sk0rpi0n

Satan is a nihilist and preaches destruction and an end to life because it is the only way he will be released from the torture that is being unreconciled with God.

Far be it for me to make the note...but you perhaps meant something else, than Nihilism?!...awaiting a new 'ism' to replace it

Å99

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

akushla99

FreeMason

LittleByLittle

sk0rpi0n

Far be it for me to make the note...but you perhaps meant something else, than Nihilism?!...awaiting a new 'ism' to replace it

Å99

No I very much mean Nihilism.

Sorry but nihilism is the most Satanic thing on Earth, you can't really grade levels of Satanic but comparing the German Nihilist war machine that the Nazis marched over the continent and murdered 12 million people with specifically because they wanted to destroy them and believed in nothing and no one would punish them for doing it...is about as evil as you can become.

But it's ok, I understand if you're a nihilist that you have very little understanding of just what nihilism does and did, most people don't realize Hitler considered himself a disciple of Nietzsche and the Nazi movement to be the culmination of Nietzsche's work. Endorsed by the caretaker of his estate, by his sister, and family, Nazism centered everything around Nietzsche's philosophy and its crowing propaganda piece, Triumph Des Willen is taken straight out of Nietzsche's work with the phrase Triumph of the Will.

Most of the SS officers were recruited from the German Universities and were themselves avid Nihilists, the SS became exorbitantly "pagan", having mystic rituals to fill in where Christian-retreat left a void. From the pagan meaning of their symbols, to their prized publication "Schwarzesonne" seen on the floor of their headquarters.

These symbols all led to a new Germanic religion to replace Christianity and its doctrine was Nihilism, there were no gods, their National Anthem became "Gottendaemerung". (Twilight of the Gods) which was Hitler's favorite piece of Der Ringen Des Niebelungen.

Nietzsche and Wagner's work are considered to be intertwined because Nietzsche only described the Nihilist movement that was being made by many more Germans from the late 1800s and excellerated by WW1.

I suggest you read Eugene Rose's "NIHILISM".

How is Satan a Nihilist? Because the main argument of Nihilism by Nietzsche was that God is dead, this is the exact opposite of the fact that Jesus said God is not a god of the dead but of the living for God is Life.

Satan himself desires death to release him.
edit on 15-10-2013 by FreeMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeMason

I will take your word on this...you seem to be very knoeledgable on everything...it's astounding...

Nihilism, at its base, challenges the value of anything...subsequent association attributed nihilism to include theistic associations...but at its base, the word means nothing...a nihilist has a belief in nothing...basically a philosophy of apathetic disinterest...

...and Adam and Eve were driven from the garden because they were too drunk to drive themselves

Å99

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Seems to me that the God of the Old Testament was the one teaching death and destruction. He was the one who imposed the death penalty on humanity. The God of the Old Testament had the Hebrews killing millions of people from other tribes to cleanse the land of the "impurities" of "other gods".

Deuteronomy 32
21 They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.

22 For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.

23 I will heap mischiefs upon them; I will spend mine arrows upon them.

24 They shall be burnt with hunger, and devoured with burning heat, and with bitter destruction: I will also send the teeth of beasts upon them, with the poison of serpents of the dust.

25 The sword without, and terror within, shall destroy both the young man and the virgin, the suckling also with the man of gray hairs.

26 I said, I would scatter them into corners, I would make the remembrance of them to cease from among men

Now, who's preaching destruction?

edit on 15-10-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by LittleByLittle

But was does satan preach?

To Eve, Satan preached "Ye shall not surely die".

Christianity preaches "whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Jesus quoted "Ye are Gods" from the Psalms.

Genesis says "the man is become as one of us".

(insert puzzled emoticon here)

edit on 14-10-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

Why do I get the feeling Genesis is telling two stories at the same time? Of the ones who are overproud and think they know that are not ready yet and those who has "become as one of us". That "become as one of us" make me think of "the blessed ones"/chosen ones/sealed ones.

The "whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" make me think of Paul so I do not take that as a truth since I always question Paul's motives. I do not have a problem with Jesus but Paul is to me trying to hard to convince me he is the real deal to make me think he is the true wolf in sheep clothing. Just because you believe does not prove you follow does it?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
LittleByLittle
I thought the tree was called Tree of knowledge of good and evil.

LittleByLittle
For me it represents the illusion of ego duality and that they fell because they became egoistic and disconnected from everything only pandering to their own egos?

You are right the 'fall of man' was due to eating of the tree of knowledge "fruit/apple" (biblical terms). This is all a metaphor for what really happened. We as the children/slave humans at this point in ancient development--human in composition/no EDEN, were a physical genetic vessel component ONLY that was designed by our creators to specifically breed with (impart intellegence); to create what? its DNA footprint now walking this earth. Hilarious.
edit on 15-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Why were Adam and Eve driven from the Garden of Eden?
Oh,I don't know what to say,I have a feeling that it is the fault of ERS(Edenal Revenue Service),because they didn't pay their taxes,therefore they were driven out of Eden and they have run to what it is today Monte Carlo ,which is free of any taxes and where everyone has a job.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
FreeMason
akushla99
FreeMason

akushla99
Å99

freemason
No I very much mean Nihilism.
Sorry but nihilism is the most Satanic thing on Earth, you can't really grade levels of Satanic but comparing the German Nihilist war machine that the Nazis marched over the continent and murdered 12 million people with specifically because they wanted to destroy them and believed in nothing and no one would punish them for doing it...is about as evil as you can become.

Why attach the architype of Satan to nihilism? The Nazi elitists were of the Vrill society, not worshipers of the nonexistant no-thing Satan; expoused as an entity living in this world conscious or physical (no proof poof!). You CAN reasonably call Nazis or sympathisers nihilists because at some point they were willing self sacrificers (TO A POINT OF UNREASONABLE DEATH NUMBERS) to defend their 3rd Reich MOTHERLAND owned and operated by a insane human. A nihilist is one that has GIVEN UP OR NEVER KNEW its precious Individuality, the IMPORTANCE of its life and will sacrifice itself (knowingly or unknowingly) to a negliable cause (it does not care) as in Germany's case NATIONALISM was like a VIRUS infecting. A nihilist is SUICIDAL to begin with, and has the perfect 'affect' to go into a no win win death situation (the attempt to conquer Stalingrad during a predictably harsh Russian winter while battling 2 other fronts).

edit on 16-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This is interesting because we come across the Sumerians who had the story of Adam and Eve before the bible, and researchers say that the story in the bible is not only the same story but details were left out.

Now after all the chaos that has happened in the name of religion since the time of David, how can an intelligent human believe that men did not take important information out of the bible?

The book of Enoch is an example, we figured out that it was a close story to Jesus, it should have been in the bible but it was too metaphoric. There was a whole documentary about books that were important but were left out of the bible - so we know that the stories of the Sumerians being more detailed that they are the genuine stories before they were passed down over the years through the spoken word.

So if we put history together - it turns out that around the time of Adam of Eve there were spaceships flying all over the atmosphere, kind of like the UFOs that touched down in New Mexico in 1950 - there were hundreds of metallic UFOs that came down from space. Well in the ancient day it was the same. Aliens had beards. This tells me that the hybrid program int he ancient day was 100 times in effect than during the recent alien visitation. Why do you think people came up with the idea to worship animals with human heads?

When you have that many aliens together you have a different world than today for sure. They would go around creating miracles and magic everywhere. They created a worldwide flood through the mental power of magic. So at that time in the bible when we hear that 'God intervened,' this is because the beings of the world were already proving the physical world wrong so God did make a few statements and ultimately didn't approve of all the power that being had on earth.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

greyer
This is interesting because we come across the Sumerians who had the story of Adam and Eve before the bible, and researchers say that the story in the bible is not only the same story but details were left out.Now after all the chaos that has happened in the name of religion since the time of David, how can an intelligent human believe that men did not take important information out of the bible?

They cant, the Qumran Dead Sea Scrolls proved it (gnostic texts hidden confirming from AD 70 right before the Romans destroyed the Essenes learning/teaching center). Self serving powerful religous men saw these texts as dangerous in that they talked about equality with god in kind as we are the same being. This was diliberate censorship (too metaphysical for the dark ages REALLY? 3/4s of the population were illiterate).

geyser
The book of Enoch is an example, we figured out that it was a close story to Jesus, it should have been in the bible but it was too metaphoric. There was a whole documentary about books that were important but were left out of the bible - so we know that the stories of the Sumerians being more detailed that they are the genuine stories before they were passed down over the years through the spoken word.

Sure, and they are available in print form "The NagHammadi Library" (the definitive new translation of the Gnostic scriptures).

geyser
So if we put history together - it turns out that around the time of Adam of Eve there were spaceships flying all over the atmosphere, kind of like the UFOs that touched down in New Mexico in 1950 - there were hundreds of metallic UFOs that came down from space. Well in the ancient day it was the same. Aliens had beards. This tells me that the hybrid program int he ancient day was 100 times in effect than during the recent alien visitation. Why do you think people came up with the idea to worship animals with human heads?

You should see the flying ships depicted in some very famous renaissance paintings (italian) 1400s--hilarious as so obvious and usually depicted is an 'announciation' or mary with jesus on her lap, WHATS THAT floating above in the sky? Its so obvious yet my art history teachers phoo-phooed them as exagerrated stars. The minitaur and centaur were created by the genious Atlantians, this is why their demise was cleverly hidden as an accidental flood. They were altering (breaking the rules) combining DNA creating abominations of nature; also messing about with explosives (much like we are doing now). Those civilizations that came before us (WE ARE CRUDE in comparison) were highly capable beings.

geyser
When you have that many aliens together you have a different world than today for sure. They would go around creating miracles and magic everywhere. They created a worldwide flood through the mental power of magic. So at that time in the bible when we hear that 'God intervened,' this is because the beings of the world were already proving the physical world wrong so God did make a few statements and ultimately didn't approve of all the power that being had on earth.

Many different lifeforms from other dimensions seeded this planet, the intent to create diverse humanforms; they segregated specific areas using the earths geologic formations, a sea here, mountain range here so as to watch their particular creation see fruition. Of course there would be miracles because in this case "A GOD" would have existed for them as their progenitor and would have announced itself (to show them how to levitate rocks melt the stucture of them to make blocks and create temples, divert water plant seeds/germinate manna). Laugh all you like naysayers, ones truth is another mans toilet paper and visa versa.
edit on 17-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

vethumanbeing
Of course there would be miracles because in this case "A GOD" would have existed for them as their progenitor and would have announced itself (to show them how to levitate rocks melt the stucture of them to make blocks and create temples, divert water plant seeds/germinate manna). Laugh all you like naysayers, ones truth is another mans toilet paper and visa versa.

It's not like every being of the universe has a progenitor and there is this long line tracing life to the beginning. This creation in the solar system, the beings in the universe, and the creation of now is being created by the same God who took the Jews out of Egypt, Jesus was a Jew and was this same people and follow with them. Muhammad originally served Moses because when Christianity was born it had a big ego, just as it does now. Everything is taking shape is it was planned.

It is too amazing and large for a human to conceive this.

Aliens can create 'miracles' easily on will. However for people it is extremely hard. Could this be because we use about 10% of our proven mind power?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FreeMason

In genesis Chapter 3 verse 23
Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

According to verse 23 in genesis Chapter 3. It specifically Only state Him, he ( Adam ) was sent from the garden of eden.

She, her ( Eve ) was not.

In genesis Chapter 3 verse 34 satate: 24
So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

If we read genesis Chapter 3, we can assume that Adam was actually taken and not formed from the dust on the ground.....

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Sure, and they are available in print form "The NagHammadi Library" (the definitive new translation of the Gnostic scriptures).

Professor of Religion Elaine Pagels has a great book on the subject called The Gnostic Gospels.

You should see the flying ships depicted in some very famous renaissance paintings (italian) 1400s--hilarious as so obvious and usually depicted is an 'announciation' or mary with jesus on her lap, WHATS THAT floating above in the sky? Its so obvious yet my art history teachers phoo-phooed them as exagerrated stars. The minitaur and centaur were created by the genious Atlantians, this is why their demise was cleverly hidden as an accidental flood. They were altering (breaking the rules) combining DNA creating abominations of nature; also messing about with explosives (much like we are doing now). Those civilizations that came before us (WE ARE CRUDE in comparison) were highly capable beings.

Art historians who specialize in those periods have explained that those objects in the sky are angels. It was customary to always have some sort of angel in the sky in art.
In one example of "ancient aliens" an object that looked a lot like a modern airplane was shown to have been altered to look that way by hoaxers. The original did not look like an airplane.

As to Adam and Eve and other cultures, D.M. Murdock in the Christ Conspiracy touches on it:

"It has long been known that the story of cosmic origins as found in the Judeo-Christian bible is a lift from more ancient versions, especially those of Egypt and Babylon. The tale can also be found in China, Japan, India, Scandinavia, and the British and Irish isles, the name a few. Obviously, then, no one culture has a lock on "God" or creation-a fact that cannot be emphasized enough. Nor has the biblical story ever been adequate to explain truly the origins of the cosmos; in fact it is merely a mythologized, simplified explanation filtered through and for finite minds. Of the biblical Genesis, Walker says, "However absurd, these myths still maintain a hold on vast numbers of people deliberately kept in ignorance by an obsolete fundamentalism. Even educated adults sometimes insist that an omniscient god created the world for a purpose of his own."

"Like other major biblical characters and tales, the fable of Adam, Eve and Garden of Eden is based on much older versions found in numerous cultures around the globe. The Hindu version of the first couple was of Adima and Heva, hundreds if not thousands of years before the Hebraic version, as has been firmly pointed out by Hindus to Christian missionaries for centuries. Jackson relates that these myths "seemed to have originated in Africa, but they were told all over the world in ancient times..." Obviously, then, we will not find any historical Adam and Eve in Mesopotamia.

In the Sumerian and Babylonian versions of the Garden of Eden myth, from which the Hebrew one is also derived, the original couple were created equal in stature by the great Goddess. When the fervent patriarchy took over the story, it changed it to make women not only inferior but also guilty of the downfall of mankind..."

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: FreeMason
Were they driven out because they ate of the tree of knowledge? Or because they listened to Satan and not God? I think it is clearly written why they were driven out

I am pretty confident about one thing. I am pretty sure our omnipotent God knew exactly what was going to happen to the apple in the garden with a naked woman prancing about!

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: FreeMason

FlyersFan

No, the Summerians story predates the Jewish one.
The Jews 'borrowed' from the Summerians and changed the story over the years.
So if you want to know about Adam and Eve ... go ask the Summerians.
They are the original source of the story.

There is no way to prove that the two stories do not have a common origin that is older. There is in fact no way to prove that the Sumerian pre-dates the Jewish, because Genesis and Job are both evidenced to be older than the Pentateuch itself. By 1,000 years based on covenant treaty writing.

The cuneiform writings suggest otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join