It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama DOT Plans use of National Guard to close I-495 Capital Beltway tomorrow?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Well this is going to interesting. The Dept of Transportation might block the trucker convoy using the National Guard. Say what?!?

Obama DOT Plans use of National Guard to close I-495 Capital Beltway tomorrow?

Sources within the Department of Transportation have revealed that their plan to use National Guard resources to close federally funded Interstate Route 495, circling the nation’s capital, have been approved by unknown White House officials and will be implemented on Friday morning, October 11, in order to thwart the three day Trucker slowdown announced on the Capitol Beltway starting that date, using the federal government shutdown as justification..

The National Guard resources to be used to thwart the truckers will include rifle toting National Guardsmen called up from units that will be coming in from Maryland, Pennsylvania and Virginia. They will use Guardsmen on foot and using trucks, jeeps and armored vehicles, which will be stationed at all entrance ramps to the Beltway to block incoming traffic starting early Friday morning.

This doesn't sound good at all. Almost looks like the culmination of the "trap closing" that other posters have discussed regarding the trucker blockade. I guess we'll see tomorrow. Maybe we'll also answer a question that's is constantly brought up on ATS, will the military fire on their own citizens? I hope not.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Could this result in the next "shot heard around the world"? Should be very interesting indeed. I know this trucker organization promised peaceful protest, but lime everyother orgnization, it will have its rogues.

Since the Kent State shootings here in Ohio, I don't beleive the NG can carry weapons with live ammo during a protest or demonstration. I could be wrong thought. Very interesting nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I never thought for a minute they would allow thousands of tractor trailers to just go rolling up Pennsylvania avenue, it's too big a security risk. Think of what could be packed in all those trailers - armed men, bombs, toxic substances, etc.
They won't get across the bridges in to town, I'd bet my house on it. Don't get me wrong, I support the truckers and what they're trying to do. They'll just have to strike or do something else to make a statement.
Personally, I think they should print up giant posters and put them on the trailers to say what they want to say. Everyone would at least see their message that way no MSM necessary.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Calls to both the White House and the Department of Transportation to confirm this story were not answered at press time. Unless an announcement is made in advance, it appears the first notice of this new White House plan to punish House GOP members who have cited their Constitutional authority to approve – or not approve – all spending proposed by the White House and their Democratic allies in the Senate, will be early Friday morning.

Our DOT sources point to their Department’s website as justification for the paucity of information and our inability to confirm this story in advance, where they state, “during the government shutdown, some online content may not be updated on a regular basis…”

So they couldn't confirm this but then say it's because of the shut down that the site doesn't update content. I didn't know that a phone call had anything to do with their website. Not so say this isn't going to happen or isn't being planned but the way they left it open to back peddle later when it doesn't happen is convenient. It kinda looks like a story to rile the readers and generate more traffic to their site.

I also searched the title for additional sources but it appears the article is only on alt media type sites of which I didn't recognize many to be very notable...in fact half I had never seen before.

ETA: If they had planned this wouldn't they want to confirm it. I mean they have a perfect excuse to shut it down without the only reason being the protest. I mean we all know it would be because of the truckers but why not come out and confirm it. Would probably deter many people from even coming.
edit on 10-10-2013 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Is it a bit of a false flag?

IMF, World Bank 2013 annual meeting in Washington

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Did the truckers have to let the folks in DC know they were planning a protest? Just wondering why they couldn't have just amassed at a few truck stops nearby and then start in on the city unannounced. Maybe they should just stay home tomorrow and show up another day next week or something and keep the gov't on their toes a bit.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

RickyD
reply to post by Bassago

I also searched the title for additional sources but it appears the article is only on alt media type sites of which I didn't recognize many to be very notable...in fact half I had never seen before.

ETA: If they had planned this wouldn't they want to confirm it. I mean they have a perfect excuse to shut it down without the only reason being the protest. I mean we all know it would be because of the truckers but why not come out and confirm it. Would probably deter many people from even coming.

Guess we'll have to see tomorrow just how credible this really is.

Won't be long anyway.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Oh boy, using the military to stop the American citizen. Don't let truckers drive on the highways their fuel purchase taxes go toward.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

I think they were trying to organize the most truckers possible for this.

Everyone going home and then springing a surprise truck convoy was probably not logistically sound.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

RickyD
reply to post by Bassago

Calls to both the White House and the Department of Transportation to confirm this story were not answered at press time. Unless an announcement is made in advance, it appears the first notice of this new White House plan to punish House GOP members who have cited their Constitutional authority to approve – or not approve – all spending proposed by the White House and their Democratic allies in the Senate, will be early Friday morning.

Our DOT sources point to their Department’s website as justification for the paucity of information and our inability to confirm this story in advance, where they state, “during the government shutdown, some online content may not be updated on a regular basis…”

So they couldn't confirm this but then say it's because of the shut down that the site doesn't update content. I didn't know that a phone call had anything to do with their website. Not so say this isn't going to happen or isn't being planned but the way they left it open to back peddle later when it doesn't happen is convenient. It kinda looks like a story to rile the readers and generate more traffic to their site.

Of course this is unverifible, and only found on tons of small-scale - conservative - websites. If you repeat a lie enough times it becomes truth. You're one of the few who're looking at this in a critical light. The average Joe who's put their hope into the Trucker's protest will read this and it'll ignite an internal anger that they'll project/associate on/with the government.

roadgravel
Oh boy, using the military to stop the American citizen. Don't let truckers drive on the highways their fuel purchase taxes go toward.

Working as intended.
edit on 10-10-2013 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

They may end up with a different type of blockade than they planned for if they all come rolling up and get gridlocked at the bridges. Hope they brought coffee and sandwiches as it may take a while to get the trucks untangled.

That's supposing no one goes off half cocked and starts shooting. From either side.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Okay, I can see that. I had thought, for a moment, that they were locked in to a specific timeline or event that they wanted to disrupt but couldn't find one to really connect them with.

I still think that government needs to be surprised the same way they surprise us with crazy laws/bills passing under cover of night.

edit on 10-10-2013 by evc1shop because: formatting

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

The people behind the scenes sure have gotten good at their propaganda and delivery methods haven't they. It's always better to appear to be on your enemies side when tricking them to look at the other hand while you perform your "magic".

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Very true but by tomorrow the story will have already served it's purpose. It will have riled us all up and pushed us to make up our minds prematurely...you see they think 10 moves ahead where the average joe is still wondering if his last was the wrong one.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
If the truckers just stopped all delivery of goods for those three days, that would also have a huge impact.
Or maybe just no delivery of goods to the general area of DC until the government starts to do their job again

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It would be unlikely that anyone in power will even notice this among the daily marches and rides for whatever the cause is of the day. As for the DC National Guard it is all adminstrative or support units. So unless they are planning on deploying some clerks or the band... well you get the picture. This is just bunk to try and explain why nobody shows up for this silly idea to beging with.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Even better only deliver goods to those who are proven to be true supporters of the Constitution. Those who have been supporting the erosions of our rights and the destroying of our country get denied and told why as well. That way once you've been vetted your business could push out those in opposition to not only you but the rest of the general population. Fight them with their own methods.

edit on 10-10-2013 by RickyD because: I musta spaced out whole thoughts when writing

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

RickyD
...they think 10 moves ahead where the average joe is still wondering if his last was the wrong one.

Hah!

Perfectly stated!
edit on 10-10-2013 by BardingTheBard because:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Working as intended.

We will see. The growing police state is real.

Keep your head in the sand.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

RickyD
reply to post by Evil_Santa

The people behind the scenes sure have gotten good at their propaganda and delivery methods haven't they. It's always better to appear to be on your enemies side when tricking them to look at the other hand while you perform your "magic".

Well they have had 100 years of research and development on those methods, as started by Sigmund Freud's nephew - Edward Berneys.

roadgravel

Working as intended.

We will see. The growing police state is real.

Keep your head in the sand.

There's no "We will see" involved here. Before my response was even typed out you proved my point. You reacted with a knee-jerk anger reaction focused at the government.

All signs point to this being BS and as another poster stated, the DC NG is mainly clerical units. Heck, i thought the NG wasn't being funded right now too...

Either way - you're hoping that the NG is deployed at this point because it will validate the emotional investment that you made into the story, but there will be 10 more stories between today and tomorrow that you'll become invested in as well and this one will drift into the nethers as a whisper fades into the wind, but the cumulative emotional effects of those stories will continue to build inside of you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join