It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamus Caesar: “No Limits On the Power of the President if He Calls for a National Catastrophe”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
There are many ways this shut-down can go , but one of the most frightening is the one outlined by former US Treasury Undersecretary Paul Craig Roberts.

Should Congress and the President fail to come to an agreement on America’s debt ceiling we could well be facing a situation that leads Barack Obama to implement a last ditch strategy that would be nothing short of a complete takeover of the United States.

I read a theory posted here on ATS about all the spending the Government has engaged in running up to this shutdown.

HERE:-www.abovetopsecret.com...

It stated that nearly every department had blown it's budget on what would be called very unusual spending.

This spending took the form of purchasing millions of dollars worth of ammunition and military hardware that these particular departments had no sence in purchasing.

Was this shutdown planned months maybe years in advance to set up the following scenario.

If the United States were to default, it would be the end of the US as a superpower. No one in Washington wants to lose that kind of power, so I fully expect that at the last minute a deal will be reached. Now, in the event that both sides play a game of ‘chicken’ to the very end, and we are down to the last hours, and fears of a default escalate dramatically, I think one of two things will happen….

A.

The first would be the Federal Reserve, on its own initiative, would simply lend the US Treasury whatever money it would need. You have to remember that the Federal Reserve lent to US and European banks more than $16 trillion in order to enable them to avoid default, or outright failure.

B.

The second possibility would be that President Obama, because of laws that are already on the books, would have the power to declare a ‘national catastrophe’ and simply assume the leadership of the government. This gets Congress and the courts out of the picture. At that point there are no limits on the power of the President if he calls for a ‘national catastrophe.

The Story continues at this link:- www.shtfplan.com... 13

Has Obama not performed just like a Caesar , with his executive orders?

Would not this be his plan all along and his logical next step?
edit on 10-10-2013 by Pinkorchid because: ADDITION

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Breaking news as we're speaking says Boehner may be caving for a deal today on the debt ceiling.

On one hand...it's about time, if they were never going all the way.

On the other? Well.... I never believed they had it in them to take it as far as would be required to make it worth anything, so..

Sucks to have been right on this one because it means our nation is just soooo wrong right now.
edit on 10-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Either way this corrupt Government wins, with an impotent opposition or helping hand from the Fed buddies or Hail Caesar.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I feel you on all fronts pink~ Not wanting as a civillian to over react but prepare for the worst, "just in case" tptb decide to play the ultimate game of chicken... It's daunting.

I had a conversation with my fiance' regarding said shutdown yesterday at lunch. And it went something like this:

"Baby, I know money is tight and I've been working a lot of sidejobs to sock money away. With the state of the union as it is and the gov't being shutdown, if we go into next week with nothing changed, I will be pulling money out of "The Sock" and going and purchasing provisions, "Just in case". If we default the currency as we know is worthless and I want to make sure we have water, rice, beans and whatever else would be required for us to weather a storm."

I honestly don't feel like I'm over-reacting, It trully feels as though this game is being played and established the exact way you postulate. It's worrysome, and I don't know any other way to react...

Do you think I'm out of line? I'm not the preverbial "Conspiracy Theorist" that lurks these halls, I use a lot of logical judgement in making decisions... I guess I'm looking for a confirmation...

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Okay...I'm finally gonna bite on all the SHTF talk...but only as of the last few days...

My bob is packed...it's been gathering dust.
My Marine Corps intuition is honed and my spidey senses are tingling.
All things are leading to something I never wanted to see happen in my country. I will still have hope that it won't...not yet.

I hope not.
I pray not...
but I will be prepared.
I guarantee it.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

Looks like the october surprise (as they call it despite it not being an election year) was for real and was a sort of soft surprise with potential to get very serious.. or not. The Syria thing will throw me until our gov hits them. I considered the gov had reason to stop it.. I have doubt citizens could do anything but delay a war the corporations and government officials want.
edit on 10-10-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Maybe then we would get more stuff done instead of bickering back and forth with Republicans and playing their games that only hurt the economy and the people

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

sulaw
I feel you on all fronts pink~ Not wanting as a civillian to over react but prepare for the worst, "just in case" tptb decide to play the ultimate game of chicken... It's daunting.

I had a conversation with my fiance' regarding said shutdown yesterday at lunch. And it went something like this:

"Baby, I know money is tight and I've been working a lot of sidejobs to sock money away. With the state of the union as it is and the gov't being shutdown, if we go into next week with nothing changed, I will be pulling money out of "The Sock" and going and purchasing provisions, "Just in case". If we default the currency as we know is worthless and I want to make sure we have water, rice, beans and whatever else would be required for us to weather a storm."

I honestly don't feel like I'm over-reacting, It trully feels as though this game is being played and established the exact way you postulate. It's worrysome, and I don't know any other way to react...

Do you think I'm out of line? I'm not the preverbial "Conspiracy Theorist" that lurks these halls, I use a lot of logical judgement in making decisions... I guess I'm looking for a confirmation...

Unfortunately...I feel ya on this one.
Damn it.
What's going to push this over the edge will be the anger of the people...just wait.

Just remember this:
BATTERIES ARE MONEY

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

313.9 million lol

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

Thank bro, I needed that. I was going to go on a battery spending spree for my daughter anyway but logically, what you said is worth more than her battery operated toys and I will surelly purchase more just in case...

I guess Sunday, Monday is going to be a busy day for me...

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

because of laws that are already on the books, would have the power to declare a ‘national catastrophe’ and simply assume the leadership of the government.

Oh yes...those mysterious laws on the books that the OP or the source fails to mention. Could it be, that these "laws" don't really exist?

Please do share with all of us...what are these "laws on the books" that magically turns our Republic into a Dictatorship overnight?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Greetings,

Don't forget this "classic"...

Can't Pay the Mortgage? Obama says "You're just a Deadbeat":

www.youtube.com...

How anyone in the States take this clown seriously is beyond me.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

Executive Order -- National Defense Resources Preparedness isn't it?

Sec. 103. General Functions. Executive departments and agencies (agencies) responsible for plans and programs relating to national defense (as defined in section 801(j) of this order), or for resources and services needed to support such plans and programs, shall:

(a) identify requirements for the full spectrum of emergencies, including essential military and civilian demand;

(b) assess on an ongoing basis the capability of the domestic industrial and technological base to satisfy requirements in peacetime and times of national emergency, specifically evaluating the availability of the most critical resource and production sources, including subcontractors and suppliers, materials, skilled labor, and professional and technical personnel;

(c) be prepared, in the event of a potential threat to the security of the United States, to take actions necessary to ensure the availability of adequate resources and production capability, including services and critical technology, for national defense requirements;

(d) improve the efficiency and responsiveness of the domestic industrial base to support national defense requirements; and

(e) foster cooperation between the defense and commercial sectors for research and development and for acquisition of materials, services, components, and equipment to enhance industrial base efficiency and responsiveness.

All they have to do is call it a National Emergency.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I honestly don't feel like I'm over-reacting

Neither did Y2Kers who emptied their bank accounts and spent their retirement and kids college education on "provisions".

Neither did 2012ers who drove themselves to complete panic and caused themselves sever mental anguish.

Neither did people popping potassium iodide pills after fukushima only to overdose and find themselves in the hospital.

Neither did the heaven's gate cult when they killed themselves in order to board an imaginary spacecraft.

Here is a tip...if you have to say that you don't think you are over-reacting...you most likely are over-reacting.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

That is hardly "taking over the entire government". That is cutting red tape to order and control the military.

Sorry, but no.

I want to see the law that gives the President to pass laws all by himself, enforce them, and be the sole voice in the SCOTUS.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

sulaw

I am a veteran, we are considered poor but are rich in spirit. We have no extra to prepare but we at least live in the country. I would not want to be in a city. I experienced the brink of breakdown during hurricane here. Power was off for three weeks. We all stood together and helped each other. But in the end it was starting to get bad. Law was beginning to get broken and blurred and if power had not been restored it would have been bad.

One thing I learned is the things that are important, food, water, money will be useless, people will want, trade for what they need. Take what you can and get silver, physical silver, preferably in old coins. Of course gold but silver will be used more. Some other things that will be useful as barter are tobacco, which is one of the historical currency, alcohol, of course any food stock items, soap, salt, salt is another that is very important and very valuable. We must have it and it is needed to cure meat. Water will be very valuable.

I don't have the money but if I did I would also have solar panels and a wind turbine... These will provide power for as long as you have parts for them. Solar panels have around twenty-five year life but you do need batteries to store and convert the power. These are just a few things I learned and I hope might be helpful to members.

One other thing I will mention, I have allot of ebooks about this stuff but we must remember without power i won't be able to get the life giving knowledge. More and more books are not even printed, this will come back to bite us, get some real books on this stuff or print select ebooks while you can.

The Bot

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

With regard to the Powers of the Presidency, there are no clear Constitutional authorities to suspend the Government; however, there are practical matters of power that would allow the President to effectively suspend the Government, i.e.:

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.

Source: White House.gov

Where there is the Will, there will be a way.

Just sayin'.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LetsGoViking

Very few, if any of those, are government functions. What you listed is the power to take over essential private services in times of a national emergency. And I 100% agree with that.

What the OP is saying is that Obama is going to take over the government...that is that he is going to assume legislative and judicial powers as well as his own executive powers.

Now, please show me the law...or even an EO...that gives him this authority. The OP says these laws are already on the books...why is it so hard for you guys to just simply show the laws that are being referred to?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

As I stated in my original reply, there is no clear authority, i.e., law or EO, that gives the Office of the President such power. That being said, in a time of emergency (and the definition of an "emergency" is murky and fluid) EO's, such as the ones above, give the Office of the President "effective" power over the government. The normal operations of private concerns apart from the Government is one of the things that separate US Government from the rest of the world and is what has, in the past, given the US it's wealth and freedoms. Remove that, and allow the Federal Government the power to control private businesses and you have a Fascist government with a nominal representative layer. The chances of those in power ever releasing that power back to the people is, historically, very low.

These EO's, while not evil in intent in and of themselves, together make a very attractive "power package" that I would think is very hard to resist.

It is my considered opinion that we live in very dangerous times for the Republic, and that the final approach to the ultimate end that opens the door to a Dictatorship is fast arriving.

"You are cleared for landing."
edit on 10-10-2013 by LetsGoViking because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2013 by LetsGoViking because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
confusion about this should be clarified by: Iraq, Libya, Egypt and countless other governments that have fallen. If you want to see what can happen to the US over a monetary situation generated by the IMF, see Greece and what happened to the leaders of that country. argentina is an example from a decade ago.

Don't be worried about who's in power, it doesn't matter, they are just figureheads with no power at all - none. They sign things and make speeches but the pres of any country is a powerless figurehead. The powerful ones are dictators, like mugabe, or one's that reign over countries that are a mess.

Look to the countries that have fallen in the last ten years. Though, the US won't fall until all the other countries have fallen, as there will be no one to make syria and iran fall.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join