It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama-Reid-Democrats ... Possible Explanation of the Madness ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Please.

Show us the maps and tables with the population numbers.

I'm sure many people would *Luv* to see the facts debunked.

IMO, I think the 're-redistricting' actually cost Republican votes.

....Thank God for checks & balances.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Personally, I think this is a show for the public. Obama met with 3 to big to jail banks last week....all these M'f are crooks and he's meeting behind closed doors(?)

Obama meets w/ 3 large bank robbers

It's like when they lied to us and said nothing was wrong and a few days later the housing bubble cracks.
Something's going on and it isn't what you think.

Dollar Collapse?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by AlienScience

Kinda like the leader of the Senate doing the same thing????

Get over yourself trying to defend one party whom is the same as the other. Unless of course your being paid to defend them????

Most people are waking up to the fact the two party system has become nothing more that the bought and paid for arm of the military/industrial complex.

So either you want to admit that you still believe in the system that you adamantly fight to defend??? Or you admit that your lively hood depends on doing your job to perpetuate the fraud being committed against the Americans you attempt to defend.

So which is it?
edit on 7-10-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

This mess won't turn into the usual "pox on both houses" knee-jerk narrative no matter how hard the corporate media tries to play this that way. The evidence is all over the Internet that this showdown/shutdown was the GOP's plan to try and defund Obamacare since February 2013. So, go ahead and play it however you wish, but the idiots left the memo right up on the FreedomWorks site Seems like an open-shut case here.
edit on 10/7/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

The real problem is a power struggle in the GOP.

I will agree with you there. Stifling Dissent: GOP Establishment Declares War

....since the Tea Party tidal wave swept in an historic number of grassroots conservatives, committed to changing Washington.

Since they arrived, it’s been clear those occupying leadership positions in the House GOP were committed to changing the new members into carbon copies of their ideal member – squishy, moderate, establishment hacks.

Unfortunately, they’ve been far too successful....

Some new members weren’t afraid to stand up for their principles; for the commitment they made to less spending and smaller government when their constituents first sent them to Washington.

These members voted on principle against bills like the Paul Ryan budget for failing to cut spending fast enough (if most members of Congress won’t have a pulse by the time the budget balances, it’s not a serious proposal).

How do those running the GOP repay these principled politicians?

By stripping them of their seats on key committees.

Such a move in an effort to stifle dissent within your ranks is more akin to the acts of a tyrant, not leadership.

This move was intended to send a message to all incoming freshmen and the sophomore class: fall in line, or get out.

In effect, the GOP has declared total war on principled conservatives and the libertarian-wing of the party.

This is hardly the first skirmish of this war either.

In fact, the first shots were fired at the GOP Convention in Tampa.

As half a delegation of duly-elected delegates from Maine was refused to be seated by the credentials committee, the battle lines were forming....

A more general description of American politics is America’s Ruling Class — And the Perils of Revolution

....As over-leveraged investment houses began to fail in September 2008, the leaders of the Republican and Democratic parties, of major corporations, and opinion leaders stretching from the National Review magazine (and the Wall Street Journal) on the right to the Nation magazine on the left, agreed that spending some $700 billion to buy the investors’ “toxic assets” was the only alternative to the U.S. economy’s “systemic collapse.” In this, President George W. Bush and his would-be Republican successor John McCain agreed with the Democratic candidate, Barack Obama. Many, if not most, people around them also agreed upon the eventual commitment of some 10 trillion nonexistent dollars in ways unprecedented in America. They explained neither the difference between the assets’ nominal and real values, nor precisely why letting the market find the latter would collapse America. The public objected immediately, by margins of three or four to one.

When this majority discovered that virtually no one in a position of power in either party or with a national voice would take their objections seriously, that decisions about their money were being made in bipartisan backroom deals with interested parties, and that the laws on these matters were being voted by people who had not read them, the term “political class” came into use. Then, after those in power changed their plans from buying toxic assets to buying up equity in banks and major industries but refused to explain why, when they reasserted their right to decide ad hoc on these and so many other matters, supposing them to be beyond the general public’s understanding, the American people started referring to those in and around government as the “ruling class.” And in fact Republican and Democratic office holders and their retinues show a similar presumption to dominate and fewer differences in tastes, habits, opinions, and sources of income among one another than between both and the rest of the country. They think, look, and act as a class.....

Never has there been so little diversity within America’s upper crust... But until our own time America’s upper crust was a mixture of people who had gained prominence in a variety of ways, who drew their money and status from different sources and were not predictably of one mind on any given matter...

whether formally in government, out of it, or halfway, America’s ruling class speaks the language and has the tastes, habits, and tools of bureaucrats. It rules uneasily over the majority of Americans not oriented to government.

The two classes have less in common culturally, dislike each other more, and embody ways of life more different from one another than did the 19th century’s Northerners and Southerners
— nearly all of whom, as Lincoln reminded them, “prayed to the same God.” By contrast, while most Americans pray to the God “who created and doth sustain us,” our ruling class prays to itself as “saviors of the planet” and improvers of humanity. Our classes’ clash is over “whose country” America is, over what way of life will prevail, over who is to defer to whom about what....

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

This mess won't turn into the usual "pox on both houses" knee-jerk narrative no matter how hard the corporate media tries to play this that way.

Actually it does. BOTH parties, and the President are in full stubborn mode.

I mean really,

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it. ~ Nancy Pelosii

So we found out what is in it and we do not like it. So our reps want to defund it. That is part of the political process.

How come no one raised a stink when, as part of the last Amnesty law Congress also agreed to build a wall at the Mexican Border and Obama's Department of Homeland Security decided NOT TO BUILD IT?
For the details see my thread: Napolitano sets stage for False Flag Terrorist Attack

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

seeker1963

Kinda like the leader of the Senate doing the same thing????

Get over yourself trying to defend one party whom is the same as the other. Unless of course your being paid to defend them????

Most people are waking up to the fact the two party system has become nothing more that the bought and paid for arm of the military/industrial complex.

So either you want to admit that you still believe in the system that you adamantly fight to defend??? Or you admit that your lively hood depends on doing your job to perpetuate the fraud being committed against the Americans you attempt to defend.

So which is it?
edit on 7-10-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

I'm Sure Reid does the same thing with the Senate.

Except that this issue needs to begin in the House...so the Senate leadership can't be blamed at all. They aren't preventing Senate republicans from introducing anything with this issue.

Oh yes, how cute, I'm a government agent blah blah blah...if I was, I would be furloughed...right?

I don't "believe" in any systems, I only participate in the systems that are available to me. I don't pretend that I have any control over them or that my support or opposition would make a difference to the system.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

xuenchen

Have the Democrats actually introduced a "CR" ?

If so, please post a quote & link.

Unless they are really powerless.

TIA.

Actually, the fact that a C.R. is even needed is a direct indication of incompetence and failure on the part of the GOP. The only reason a C.R., or Continuing Resolution, is even needed is due to the fact that members of the GOP in both the House & Senate are afraid to negotiate their own proposed budgets.

The Senate has passed their version of a budget, the House has passed it's version and the POTUS has submitted his own proposal as well. The next "normal" step in the process is for both the House & the Senate leaders to appoint members to a conference committee which will meet and reconcile the differences between the budget proposals.

In the House, Democrats repeatedly ask Boehner to do just that beginning in March 2013 and he refused to do so right up until they shut the government down. Now, all of a sudden, he's asking for a conference committee. Go figure!

In the Senate, the GOP minority has blocked the formation of their half of the conference committee with filibusters, 18 times.

If the GOP would just get the hell out of the way, we might just end up with an actual budget and not some bullsh#t continuing resolution designed to fund us for 6 wks., or until the next needless crisis fabricated by the Republican party.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

dukeofjive696969 So the republicans lost the elction, tried to vote out obamacare 43 times, failed misserably, yea americans are so againt obama .

No they didn't.

The reality is republicans were put in to power to keep the administration in check.

In 2010. and 2012.

Nice spin there how 'everyone hates the right' if that was 'true' they would have been voted out both times.

The fact is they WERE NOT,

But the vast left wing BS machine sure does love to spin, BS.
edit on 7-10-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

BINGO!!!!!

I am glad you were honest enough to admit that! My hat off to you!

Thus my next question, "Then how do we argue over which party is right and which is wrong?"! Aren't they all a bunch of immature narcissists????

And if they are, what does that make those of us whom stick up for them?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

seeker1963

BINGO!!!!!

I am glad you were honest enough to admit that! My hat off to you!

Thus my next question, "Then how do we argue over which party is right and which is wrong?"! Aren't they all a bunch of immature narcissists????

What makes you think one party is right? They're both wrong.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

What makes you think one party is right? They're both wrong.

Good question? Try rereading what I wrote r e a l l y s l o w

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

xuenchen
reply to post by MrSpad

The real problem is a power struggle in the GOP.

I disagree.

If the real problem was 'a power struggle in the GOP',

then we would not be seeing the tactics used by the Left.

The real problem is outlined in the articles IMO.

It is absolutely the power struggle in the GOP. The GOP and DNC worked together on this budget and as usual both sides had to compromise and a deal was made. Only it turned out that the GOP leadership could not control the Tea Party faction in the House like they thought they could. This was not something either party wanted and they both thought they had in it settled. Now nobody can make any sort of deal because the GOP leadership no longer has control. I know they have been looking for loopholes to get around a clean vote while at the same time passing it on to the senate. This is the GOPs best bet. That way at least that way the divisions in the party are not exposed in public. The problem is many in the GOP are talking openly in public about how upset they are about the hold outs. The DNC on the other hand has to try to avoid gloating. Just like members in the GOP can not stop saying publicly how screwed up the party is, members of the DNC can not seem to stop gloating about the GOP collapse and how they are winning. The DNC needs to tell its people to say one thing over and over again, call a vote on the clean budget. The GOP needs to get everyone under control and either as a group publicly turn on the Tea Party hold outs or find a way to pass the clean budget without an even worse fracture in the party. The GOP wanted to focus on 2016 and trying to get back into the Senate and Presidentional races but, they got bent over and now will have a to work very hard just to keep the house in 2014.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

It is absolutely the power struggle in the GOP.

Perhaps what *appears* to be a power struggle is just window dressing.

The so called power struggle is raising enough hell in the Democratic Party right now to fry eggs on sidewalks.

Especially the White House patio.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Wait! you just said "...The more we keep hearing the standard blame game primarily from Democrats against Republicans (and especially the "Tea Party"), the bigger question becomes --- *WHY*..."

I listened to about 5 minutes of Sean Hannity today driving to the library. Couldn't find my Iron Maiden CD in the truck. All he did was blame the Democrats and Obama for the shutdown. The bigger questions becomes Why and here we are full circle.

Now you see the big picture. Both sides are playing a game here and if your from a liberal family, circle of friends state.. then you blame the Republicans. If your from a conservative family, circle of friends or state you blame the Democrats. We've been duped. Wake up!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

NorEaster

...well, there's this theory about what this shutdown is based on

< insert rolling eyes emoticon here >

ROFLOL

And this is how the Democrats respond ?

Is that all they're so afraid of ?

LOL

< insert *CLOSED* eyes emoticon here >

edit on Oct-07-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I see only this. Politicians as a whole are dishonest, lying scum.

The only Madness I can see is that Democrats have no problem placing that label on everyone, but themselves.

Its time "we the people" take back our Country from these idiots.

Seriously.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Rand Paul tonight on Hannity, again showing real leadership. This man needs to be our next president.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Did you not read the rest of my post.

I clearly explained why the House Republicans and John Boehner are directly to blame for this. They control what comes to a vote and they are denying votes when there are enough votes to pass the bills. Reid tables the bills because it is pointless to vote because he knows and everyone else knows that the votes are not there to pass them.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Everyone keeps going back and forth trying to blame the other party. Here's a question: Why does it matter whose ultimately at fault or at greater fault? What's done is done. The only discussion should be in my opinion how to fix things. Personally I happen to think the Republicans have some good points about the ACA but so far they haven't taken the next step. They've pointed out problems but their solution is to scrap the whole thing, not modify existing law. They often times call themselves the party of solutions but all I'm hearing is "government is bad" rather than actual fixes to the problems.

At the same time, I cannot condone their tactics. While part of me feels it was extremely irresponsible of them to not make these an issue during the debate on the law (and Obamacare is almost word for word the conservative supported plan from 1988-2008) and I would like to say the debate is over.... they do raise some concerns that should be addressed. The way to address those concerns though is in congress proposing reasonable amendments like removing the congressional exemption.

The responsible thing is not to hold the entire worlds economy hostage and say the world will burn on the 17th if we don't get our way. I feel like this tactic is economic terrorism, and if it's successful politics are going to get even more bitter rapidly as both sides start using it every chance they get. That's to say nothing of the side effects it will have on things like investor confidence in the US or our debt which was already downgraded once due to both sides being unwilling to work together. When one party starts holding a gun to the head of the worlds economy and threatening capitulation to their demands, people won't stand for it. We have had both civil and world wars started for less than that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join