It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maher mocks WWII vets visiting closed memorial: ‘Nobody said they were the brightest generation’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

buster2010
reply to post by Bassago

No what he said through obvious insinuation is that WWII vets are stupid.

The vets are complaining about about these sites being closed and then pose for a picture with one of the people who was pushing for it to close. Are those the actions of a smart person?

We don't want vets visiting, but it is ok if there is an immigration reform rally on 'closed' National Mall

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The problem is, I think about this in a broader sense than Maher. I think Maher is in the "network". When he makes people angry about this, their anger strengthens their belief that what they are angry at is real. It also strengthens related assumptions. One of which is the assumption that World War II was really the result of political ideologies rather than the fact that World War II was architected by all leadership involved for purposes of applied sociology or the creation of a godless religion.

Maher will never ever ever EVER admit it, but I think he knows what World War II really was. When he looks at those soldiers, he sees men that risked their lives to create their own godless religion. But none of his public comments will reflect that, and none of his public comments will reflect what he really believes. For him this secret knowledge may be energizing, and help him with his persona.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
What is wrong with what he said..it's true.

Why complain about the shutdown then pose with one of the people who wanted the shut down.

Vets Storm Shuttered WWII Memorial in Protest Over Shutdown

Michele Bachmann "very excited" about gov't shutdown, says it's "exactly what we wanted"

Michele Bachmann poses with World War II veterans occupying D.C. memorial

Are you just angry he pointed out the truth

He still stated they were great just not that bright.

So you are telling me this is the first time that a politician is using a situation for personal gain?

I am SHOCKED.....not.

They co-opted the OWS and the Tea Party, they have no qualms in using anyone or anything to push their agenda. Democrat or Republican.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

You have a point but making fun of veterans who just want to see the memorial that has the names of their fallen brothers and sisters on them is going too far. He hasn't made one sacrifice in his life for anyone but himself and if he did, you can be sure he would let everyone know about it.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Bassago

jimmyx

Bassago
All colorful language aside the thread was basically calling Bill Mayer to task for an obsene statement. That it is also a method of the propaganda media arm of the government is also true.

FWIW I don't recall anything coming out of his blathering even way back except it was GW Bush / Republicans fault almost exclusively with some generic shots at the pols once and a while. And that's fine. He can be a political hack if he want's it's a (somewhat) free country. This last statement he made was over the line though.
edit on 939pm1818pm42013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

he's on 1 hour a week on a pay cable channel, and he's a comedian, who criticizes both sides, but mostly the right. rush Limbaugh is on thousands of radio stations all over the country for 3 hours each day, 5 days a week, bashing anything that is democrat, liberal, or Obama. when you take that idiot Limbaugh off the air, I might listen to what you say, otherwise all I hear is..."liberals are bad, blah, blah, blah"...

Limbaugh really isn't the topic of the thread here, it's Bill Maher and his latest eruption of vitriol. If Limbaugh were to give the exact same speech as Maher I'd call him out as well. But then we both know Limbaugh wouldn't have disrespected them like this.

posing with Michele Bachmann, they disrespected themselves...what next, Michele Bachmann cuts off their VA benefits and they give her a hug and a kiss for that, too?.....bill maher pisses off right-wing Christian conservatives, which is fine by me

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

He is a condescending prick whom I only occasionally watch as my wife puts him on. He's a complete, self absorbed, dick-head and needs to be taken to task for this most recent incident of mouth diarrhea.

After this post, I'm writing a letter to HBO asking them to remove his show for this most disrespectful comment. It's complete BS.

I think of the young 20 something's who died in WWII only to allow this A-Hole to be able to carry on like this. He has the freedom to say these kind of things only because these young men and women died for this privilege but he should not have an out let like HBO.

F him!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

jimmyx

Bassago

jimmyx

Bassago
All colorful language aside the thread was basically calling Bill Mayer to task for an obsene statement. That it is also a method of the propaganda media arm of the government is also true.

FWIW I don't recall anything coming out of his blathering even way back except it was GW Bush / Republicans fault almost exclusively with some generic shots at the pols once and a while. And that's fine. He can be a political hack if he want's it's a (somewhat) free country. This last statement he made was over the line though.

he's on 1 hour a week on a pay cable channel, and he's a comedian, who criticizes both sides, but mostly the right. rush Limbaugh is on thousands of radio stations all over the country for 3 hours each day, 5 days a week, bashing anything that is democrat, liberal, or Obama. when you take that idiot Limbaugh off the air, I might listen to what you say, otherwise all I hear is..."liberals are bad, blah, blah, blah"...

Limbaugh really isn't the topic of the thread here, it's Bill Maher and his latest eruption of vitriol. If Limbaugh were to give the exact same speech as Maher I'd call him out as well. But then we both know Limbaugh wouldn't have disrespected them like this.

posing with Michele Bachmann, they disrespected themselves...what next, Michele Bachmann cuts off their VA benefits and they give her a hug and a kiss for that, too?.....bill maher pisses off right-wing Christian conservatives, which is fine by me

That's your opinion. Posing for a picture with any pol who want's to cut big, overbloated and overreaching central government isn't disrespecting anyone.

In this case Maher pisses off anyone that has respect for those vets. It's not a partisan issue. It's practically... looking for progressive words here... hate speech?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I am done with this guy!

He would not be alive if was not for our fathers, uncles..ect to say they were not smart I can do a large list what my family did right down to the Doolitle Raid!
edit on 7-10-2013 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2013 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of Bill Maher or anything but isn't he just pointing out the obvious here? She is a fan of the shutdown. I'm not sure why this is newsworthy.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ezwip

The point of the thread was Mayer trashing the WWII vets. It was a blatantly disrespectful cheap shot and he needs to be called on it. The Bachmann bit is a side issue.

Simply put Mayer needs to learn some respect.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'm not sure why you are so amped up about supporting people when they are used for publicity purposes. Sure they are vets. Most of my relatives were vets and my grandfather was just off of Japan shooting at them with a big old machine gun while they dive bombed the aircraft carrier he was on. If he posed for a picture with Michelle, and I'm sure he would have if he hadn't recently checked out, I'd still have to agree with what Bill said. They are just being friendly and it's a pretty girl with her own agenda. Why is she even there shouldn't she be doing something behind the scenes to undo this part of it instead of cashing in with pictures? If you want to worship people and wrap yourself in a flag that's fine it's your thing I guess. I know you'll find this offensive and somehow an insult to my grandfather but yeah worrying about govt and stuff... wasn't really his thing he just did what he was told that's the way he was, and he didn't have any love at all for his kids that didn't do the same.
edit on 7-10-2013 by ezwip because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ezwip

Good for you! Here is a *virtual bottle* that you can urinate in to prevent it from getting on you uncles grave!!!!

Bravo to you that it is more important to choose a political team rather than honor you own relatives whom served their country so you had the freedom to spit on them.....

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

jimmyx

Bassago

jimmyx

Bassago

I'm not a right wing conservative Christian but I AM a human and it doesn't matter if a couple vets got their picture with crazy old bachman. Maher talked down to every WW2 vet and called them stupid. I find it digusting.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
What is wrong with what he said..it's true.

Why complain about the shutdown then pose with one of the people who wanted the shut down.

Vets Storm Shuttered WWII Memorial in Protest Over Shutdown

Michele Bachmann "very excited" about gov't shutdown, says it's "exactly what we wanted"

Michele Bachmann poses with World War II veterans occupying D.C. memorial

Are you just angry he pointed out the truth

He still stated they were great just not that bright.
Well there you have it.

Say what you want about Bill Maher (and trust me, you can say a lot of things about him), but he does have a point here. You don't protest something and then take photos with one of the people in support of the thing you're protesting against. I don't like him generalizing WWII vets though. I'm sure there are WWII vets who wouldn't do something like this.
edit on 7-10-2013 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
He should be immediately sent back in time to 1942 and locked up in Auschwitz.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

What's the point of this thread? Everything Bill Maher said is correct. The Republicans are responsible for closing the World War II memorial and shutting down the government because they don't like settled law or democracy. Those WWII vets posed for pictures with the people responsible for shutting down the memorial believing that those people were doing a great job in Washington and not destroying America. They are not the brightest. A lot of people in this country vote against their own interest and praise the people that are hurting them because they have been brainwashed by the media.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Not defending Bill here...just saying that the gist of this bit was that they posed with Michelle Bachmann. That's what he's saying is funny. It would be like posing with any member of congress and smiling after having to storm the memorial and take down the barricades...barricades put up because congress want's this shutdown so they can play their games. Both parties. I myself would never mock or make fun of a vet, especially a world war 2 vet. Those guys were the best. Just makes me sick, that opportunists like Bachmann, who are responsible for this shutdown and are messing with our vets, hang out to make themselves look good like this.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

muse7
Well he is right.

The greed of the baby boomers has been one of the main things driving this financial crisis and their "me! me! me!" mentality

Maybe get your facts straight, the baby boomers were NOT the generation of WWII soldiers
Go back to sleep sheep.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

All you folks who take Maher seriously, have been duped.

He is a very keen/clever troll. Whatever it the top trend, news, tragedy, poll, religion, view.......he takes it and spins it to cause controversy, keeping him in the news and people tuned into his show.

There was a poll a year or two back that showed a high percentage of people who say they hate him, are actually regular watchers.

Real life troll.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

dominicus
reply to post by Bassago

All you folks who take Maher seriously, have been duped.

He is a very keen/clever troll. Whatever it the top trend, news, tragedy, poll, religion, view.......he takes it and spins it to cause controversy, keeping him in the news and people tuned into his show.

There was a poll a year or two back that showed a high percentage of people who say they hate him, are actually regular watchers.

Real life troll.

LOL, same thing happened to Howard Stern, the people that hated him the most were his most avid listeners, to see what he'd say next!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join