It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maher mocks WWII vets visiting closed memorial: ‘Nobody said they were the brightest generation’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Wasn't sure where to put this one mods please move to appropriate forum as needed.

Have to admit when I saw this story my blood pressure shot up a few notches. This was one of the most disrespectful statements I can ever recall coming out of Bill Maher's mouth and he can be pretty disrespectful. This one puts him on par with Piers Morgan IMO. Hope he takes a ton of heat for this.

Maher mocks WWII vets visiting closed memorial: ‘Nobody said they were the brightest generation’

Liberal comedian Bill Maher ridiculed the group of World War II veterans for visiting the barricaded World War II memorial, telling his audience that the Greatest Generation wasn’t the “brightest generation.”

“That [World War II memorial] was closed, so a bunch of the World War II vets knocked down the barriers and stormed it,” Maher said on his Friday HBO “Real Time” program, making a sardonic face at the audience.

“And then I love this — they posed for pictures with Michele Bachmann, who showed up. Michele Bachmann — one of the people most responsible for shutting the f^^king thing down. They’re the greatest generation. Nobody said they were the brightest generation,” he said.

He insults WWII vets first then puts most of the government shutdown blame on Michele Bachmann. Guess it's a good thing those vets helped win WWII or Bill Mayer might not have the liberty to go on TV and insult his betters.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Mr. Maher probably hasn't done a day of work in his life, so his feeble little mind most likely doesn't understand the words he is told to say on his little TV show.

If people just ignore him he will cease to exist.

Kind of like a fairy.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Isn't Hollywood becoming nothing more than a political arm to spread propaganda? Hell, look at our elected officials inviting these "entertainers" to DC for their extravagant parties.

Maher is a political hack disguising himself as a member of Hollywood.

His job? To continue creating the division that is dragging our country down the sewer.

My answer to people in Hollywood like him, whom do nothing more than splatter the underside of the toilet seat with nauseating partisanship, is to STOP watching them! When the septic tank is full, (meaning they are not getting any viewers to swallow up their filth) then the networks can their asses! Plain and simple!

Partisan brainwashing is nothing more than a tool to separate us! Is he a scumbag for actually saying this? Sure he is! But he walks home with a very hefty paycheck while us serfs fight amongst ourselves! How freaking ridiculous Americans have become. I stop following and "WATCHING" anyone in the "Entertainment" business whom tries to spread partisan nonsense. Talk about the Constitution??? Say things that go along with it and not try to spread division, but try to get us Zombies to work together, then count me in as a fan!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well he is right.

The greed of the baby boomers has been one of the main things driving this financial crisis and their "me! me! me!" mentality

(post by zonetripper2065 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Guess it's a good thing those vets helped win WWII or Bill Mayer might not have the liberty to go on TV and insult his betters.

Actually I could see him on T.V. with a swagger stick, dressed in black with SS on his epaulets being a paid mouth piece for the old party line. He would have made many in the party proud as no doubt he does today; just different clothes.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I haven't watched him in quite a while. When I came across the article I was not surprised at it, just mad. People do need to just shut off partisan hacks like him. This is one reason why.

(post by zonetripper2065 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Obviously, he forgot about the part where they fought for the Freedom for him to even have is disgusting waste of air program on TV...he's an idiot....

Des

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I would agree. while the generation that fought world war two, from many countries, not just the USA, they were and are people of there time. However, the fact that they kicked down barriers to a memorial says something about then that perhaps has been lost in younger generations. The will and knowing right to free acts of free men.

Really? a memorial is closed, I really do not understand how something like this can be closed. It's just there no?

Ayway, while the older generation are responsible for a lot of the worlds gains and ills. it is up to us, the new generation to step up and make up of # up, as we see fit.

What's it going to be folks??

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

zonetripper2065
reply to post by Bassago

Typical pussy fart democrat tactics no?

Absolutely.

Still think he needs a slap for this one.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Destinyone
reply to post by Bassago

Obviously, he forgot about the part where they fought for the Freedom for him to even have is disgusting waste of air program on TV...he's an idiot....

Des

What freedom?

Now if he attacked the Continental Marines that fought in the Revolutionary war or the Union Soldiers then you might have a point.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

muse7
Well he is right.

The greed of the baby boomers has been one of the main things driving this financial crisis and their "me! me! me!" mentality

The baby-boomers were born post-war, meaning that WWII vets would be their parents.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Agreed! But that is what I see is the propaganda in what he said.

Obey you ignorant serfs! Look at how ridiculous these old people look standing up for their rights and sacrifices! It's not cool to stand up for your rights and freedoms!

Even though the two party system still has support from their "believers", they are losing the battle, thus the need for Hollywood to help them out?

When it comes to Hollywood, there is a whole new herd to brain wash and round up!
edit on 6-10-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

muse7

Destinyone
reply to post by Bassago

Des

What freedom?

Now if he attacked the Continental Marines that fought in the Revolutionary war or the Union Soldiers then you might have a point.

I can't believe you even said that...
Jeez

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

muse7

Destinyone
reply to post by Bassago

Des

What freedom?

Too bad it appears you agree with his degrading statement...I thought better of you...

Des

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

muse7
Well he is right.

Baby boomers came after the war. Men who survived came back to the homeland got married and had kids.

But in your mind you must be right: they (WWll guys and gals) went out and worked at real jobs for 40+ years while saving to put their kids through school because they believed in a future America that was promised to them for their children..

(post by zonetripper2065 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

zonetripper2065
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I was talking about Maher.
For his propaganda hit piece.

edit on Sun Oct 6 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by seeker1963

I haven't watched him in quite a while. When I came across the article I was not surprised at it, just mad. People do need to just shut off partisan hacks like him. This is one reason why.

Wish we could shut off partisan hacks on ATS too

<<   2  3  4 >>

join