It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maher mocks WWII vets visiting closed memorial: ‘Nobody said they were the brightest generation’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

its not hero worship so you can stuff that knee jerk reaction to the military.

This jerk made fun of a generation .....because they are old and not very capable of a retort ...nor should they bother.

This is discrimination against an age group and a people from another generation.

One of the most hard working, honest, and self sacrificing people you could ever know.....and the military who served weren't too shabby either.

So please save your speaking up for those who are disenfranchised and meak....not playboy millionaire's who would piss on you....

edit on 10 7 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

edit on 10 7 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

alfa1

“And then I love this — they posed for pictures with Michele Bachmann, who showed up.
Michele Bachmann — one of the people most responsible for shutting the f^^king thing down.

If that true, then it sounds like he's actually right.

Might not be politically correct to say it though... but thats truth for ya.

I think that was what he (Maher) was trying to point out...these old vets should have told Michele Bachmann to get the hell away from them, since she is one of those that voted to close down government, but they didn't, and at least one posed with her smiling face captured in a photo op, so Maher called them out on it.....
by the way, I don't think it was necessary to put up barricades to the monument, but let's not forget what happen to the Lincoln memorial during the last one...it was spray painted by vandals.
edit on 7-10-2013 by jimmyx because: addition

edit on 7-10-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

jimmyx

alfa1

“And then I love this — they posed for pictures with Michele Bachmann, who showed up.
Michele Bachmann — one of the people most responsible for shutting the f^^king thing down.

If that true, then it sounds like he's actually right.

Might not be politically correct to say it though... but thats truth for ya.

sorry, double post.
edit on 7-10-2013 by jimmyx because: addition

edit on 7-10-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

muse7
Well he is right.

The greed of the baby boomers has been one of the main things driving this financial crisis and their "me! me! me!" mentality
You are aware, of course, that the WWII generation are NOT the Boomers, eh? At least Maher has his demographic right.

Ahhh...point already made.

edit on 7-10-2013 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because, eh?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

AlienScience
People really need to end this hero worship of soldiers...past or present.

I can respect the acts they did, doesn't mean I have to respect the person themselves or every single decision they make.

Many soldiers, past and present, are just complete idiots and are illogical, as displayed by these WWII vets posing for pictures with those responsible for closing the memorial.

You fought in a war, I respect that, but that doesn't mean I have to worship you and give you a pass on everything idiotic thing you do. Vet or not, if you do something stupid, you should be called on it.

Hero Worship ?

I have had family members die so you can sit at your computer and insult them.

Nobody said this generation was perfect. Nobody is asking for a free pass.

Maybe just the tiniest bit of respect is due. You are free to continue to insult them.

They made damn sure of that.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Hero Worship ?

I have had family members die so you can sit at your computer and insult them.

Nobody said this generation was perfect. Nobody is asking for a free pass.

Maybe just the tiniest bit of respect is due. You are free to continue to insult them.

They made damn sure of that.

Did your family members die in the Civil War or the Revolutionary War?

Because those are the only wars where someone died for my freedom. If not in those wars, then they just died to further the empires interest.

Again, I don't worship anyone, and I'm not going to pull punches. I'm sure you will be offended by this, but your family member didn't die for my freedom...they died for profit.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Bill Maher is a greater patriot then all of you who are bashing him. At least he has common sense!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I have but one thing i have to say to Mr Maher....

Thank you to all the vets from all nations who gave me the freedom to be critical...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dankojudd

Yes, you are so right what a patriot.

I mean look at the way he saved this world from impending doom, all hail Bill.

Bill is like many of the progbots here they still can't see that it was both parties that shut down the government.

I can't wait to see how the future generations will view this one.

Hey muse what happened you get called out and have no response? typical progbot tactics I guess.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

A true patriot would not have been critical about the men who gave their lives so this asshole could sit on stage doing nothing all day..
These guys served in hell and i for one am truely grateful. I lost my paternal grandfather in WWII, i never got to know him, he was captain of a minesweeper. My maternal grandfater landed on sword beach on D Day, fought through France, Holland, Belgium Italy and North Africa and ended the war in Germany.

As Mr Maher pointed out, maybe all the boys wern't born to be scientist's...but if having ball's was a measure of intelligence, then these guy's were Stephen #in' Hawkins all of them...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Hard to understand his frame of mind or his thinking. Is he saying that expecting a war memorial to be open is too much if it's supposed to be closed according to law? Is he saying the law is more important than the war memorial? Is he just saying that them showing up in pictures with Bachman makes them dumb, since Bachman is one of those who orchestrated closing them down?

The way I see it, how can you close something down that's so important to our nation's history? I can understand closing down a national park to visitors or a museum of fine arts, but a war memorial?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
im glad i got you shills all worked up. keep melting

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

When you make a dumb statement like you did it makes you look like a shill/troll.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

dankojudd

I guess you do not understand how ATS works.

Thoughts and intelligent debate in what is accepted here.

We don't "try to get the shills all worked up."

So far, you are just making yourself look bad.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

dankojudd

The topic is about Bill Mayer and his total lack of any respect for folks he targets for character assasination.

An attribute you appear to share with him.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

buster2010
reply to post by whyamIhere

The man is a attention whore who insulted men who answered the call.

Yes they answered the call and it was called a draft. If you didn't show up you went to jail. Some call.

Let me explain something to you about my Father's generation. My father could have easily avoided the draft for medical reasons. He didn't. They were willing to give him a pass which was highly unusual. They ALLOWED him to join because they needed every man they could get, even though they had already given him a medical pass from the draft. His older brother was also drafted and I never heard either of them speak of even having a passing thought of not joining. Yeah it was some call and most of them answered without a second thought.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoremProved

Okay...?? Nicely written though and worthy of it's own thread.

So what do you think of what Mayer actually said?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

muse7
Well he is right.

The greed of the baby boomers has been one of the main things driving this financial crisis and their "me! me! me!" mentality

Hardly, they were conned into thinking that the government was "looking out for them, providing necessities when they retire."

Hey, I thought you lefties were all in favor for that sort of thing? Always wanting more and more social programs. Guess it is ok when you are getting them and not someone else.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

zonetripper2065
reply to post by beezzer

I stared you. because # maher
edit on 6-10-2013 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)
Beez always makes me laugh. Maher, never watched him, he don't sound to funny. If this is his ideal of funny, he needs to work at it a lot more.

edit on 7-10-2013 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join