It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain to me this...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
So basically the people who say chemtrails are contrails (water on the wings that becomes cloud) probably would have a bit of difficulty explaining this...

Basically two airplanes on formation (one is an AWAC)

At some point the AWAC stops spraying, changes position and "opens up" the spraying again...

Why would the contrail stop and begin again so abruptly? anyone?

edit on 6-10-2013 by Alda1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

Well obviously that's a thermal updraft through which the plane is flying when the "spraying" stops....

It's CGI....

It's, it's...

Nah...I'm just kiddin' dude. I have no idea? Seems to me they are actually spraying something.

Nice find!!

Peace

edit on 6-10-2013 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I have no answer as to what they are spraying, but I would love to hear an OS line on this video.

They are controlling the flow of the spray - surely that is clear to see? I can't see this being explained away easily, but knowing ATS, I'm sure someone will try.

I saw some great trails where I live this morning - a few had what appeared to be corkscrew twists in them, very strange. We had started with a beautiful sunny morning, and ended up with a cloudy morning, in the space of a few planes spraying something above us. Riddle me this...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

not having any knowledge of what contrails are should not be a reason to beleive in chemtrails.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

If you did research you would find the answer.

Here it is:-

contrailscience.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

The atmospheric conditions changed momentarily and the contrail stopped. You realize the atmosphere isn't uniform right? It can change a LOT in a very short distance or even in the same spot in just a few seconds.

When I flew sailplanes, I was ridge riding one day, and went from a 1500 foot per minute sink rate to a 6000+ (my gauge stopped at 6000) foot per minute climb rate, to a net zero rate in about four seconds. We turned back to look for the thermal to ride it, and by the time we got back to it, it was gone. That's how fast things can change.

As for the altitude in the video there's no way in hell that is "6,000 feet".
edit on 10/6/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Zaphod58

The atmospheric conditions changed momentarily and the contrail stopped. You realize the atmosphere isn't uniform right? It can change a LOT in a very short distance or even in the same spot in just a few seconds.

When I flew sailplanes, I was ridge riding one day, and went from a 1500 foot per minute sink rate to a 6000+ (my gauge stopped at 6000) foot per minute climb rate, to a net zero rate in about four seconds. We turned back to look for the thermal to ride it, and by the time we got back to it, it was gone. That's how fast things can change.

so what you're saying the conditions changed for one plane and the other next to it was fine...

some people wouldn't believe in anything even if it punched them in the face...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
crewman wasn't doing his job and let the tank run out before switching to new tank.
maybe the pickup tube got clogged or frozen.

who knows, one thing is certain, if they are spraying there will never be a official disclosure.

it will always be hear say and official denial, and believers , deniers.

but it is kinda funny how it just abruptly starts again, you would think that if contrails, they would have more gradually came into to view instead of off, on.
edit on 6-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Oh dear.

Atmospheric air condition is not a uniform constant. It can change within a few feet or a few inches.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

If I was going to pick someone to argue about atmospheric conditions in flight, aviation or jets with, it would NOT be Zaphod.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Zaphod58

Are you saying our Atmosphere is an advanced mosaic of temperatures and conditions that vary rapidly over short distances, varying gasses and energies all mixing and merging to create weather and cloud effects ?

Get out of here with your reason and logic... We are talking chemtrails and we will have no truck with such talk in these threads...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

They were at different altitudes with different engines. A C-17 engine will produce a contrail where an E-3 engine won't.

I'll believe it when you have a hell of a lot more experience with aviation than I do, and post something besides a BS YouTube video.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

The atmospheric conditions changed momentarily and the contrail stopped. You realize the atmosphere isn't uniform right?

Sorry but that is the lamest answer I have ever seen, in terms of an effort to allegedly counter a visually convincing video of switching a spray on/off. Black is white and white is black, right?

Then you deride the poster for not understanding that the atmosphere varies. Really? Wow.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Ask yourself why jet exhaust is only visible from planes high up in the atmosphere?
Ask yourself why you only see your car exhaust on cold mornings?

Planes are spraying something...

its called exhaust. The visible part is water vapor. The invisible part is hot burned gasses mixed with a bunch of chemical compounds from combustion itself. There are no catalytic converters like on your car up there reprocessing the vapors to clean them of these soot and chemical compounds. You can't see them whether they are high up or on the ground on the runway. As long as the fan blades are turning the exhaust is there. The higher you go in the atmosphere the colder it gets, the more visible the exhaust becomes.

files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/xk4f83a6ad.gif

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Zaphod58

They were at different altitudes with different engines. A C-17 engine will produce a contrail where an E-3 engine won't.

I'll believe it when you have a hell of a lot more experience with aviation than I do, and post something besides a BS YouTube video.

I guess you know more than him as well right?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

So you know all shot the difference between a high bypass and low bypass turbofan, and know the exact atmospheric conditions in the video, and know for certain that a low bypass turbofan, such as the TF33 that is on the E-3 should have produced a constant contrail?

So you're telling me that contrails can't stop and start? Once they start they HAVE to be a continuous line?

And you call my explanation lame?

link   

First and foremost, the video is very inaccurate. Taking YouTube videos at their face-value is embracing ignorance.

Those planes aren't anywhere near 6000 feet. The author of the video is furthering the "chemtrail" hoax by misleading people with that claim. Those planes are closer to 20,000-30,000 feet.

Secondly, I don't know how he gets C-17 out of that image that you can barely see. The AWACS is obvious.

This video looks like the AWACS was refueling. Then it drops down in altitude below the refueling plane, which happens to be below the altitude where contrails form. Then he turns slightly to port and gains altitude again, climbing back into the region where contrails form. You can clearly see that AWACS descend in altitude.

This is usually standard procedure during a refueling. The plane that gets fuel drops down and back, then turns either to starboard or port and then climbs back to altitude away from the refueling plane.

As far as contrails turning "on and off", that just indicates when the plane enters and exits the part of the atmosphere where contrails form. Any modern flight simulator will also depict this. It's hilarious that people don't go pay a few dollars for any of the available flight sims for PC and try it out themselves.

You can make a dotted line across the sky by ascending and descending altitude at the area where contrails form.

Alda1981
contrails (water on the wings that becomes cloud)

What you're referring to in that quote is wing vortices, which can happen at any altitude. Contrails are from water moisture being expelled by the engine.

Exactly the same as water moisture being visible from your car in the winter time:

And from your breath in the winter time:

If you could drive your car at 30,000 feet, you could leave a contrail across the sky, just as planes do.

The "chemtrail" phenomenon is a hoax. Everything is explainable with known science.

edit on 6-10-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: sp

link   
reply to post by intrptr

Ask yourself why you only see your car exhaust on cold mornings?

So what do you think the air temperature would be at the altitude aircraft fly at?

link   

Zaphod58

According to most debunkers on this site, aviation enthusiasts and pilots are amongst the worst witnesses to unidentifiable phenomena in our atmosphere. Such as UFOs. And yet here you are, with a pseudo 'appeal to authority', which we are supposed to bow down to in awe..? How can aviation enthusiasts be such poor witnesses for UFOs and simultaneously such great witnesses when it comes to debunking highly classified and compartmentalised atmospheric manipulation tests, aka chemtrails?

You guys are unreal. One day, the truth will out, though we'll probably all be dead by then. Not from the chemtrails (necessarily), but simply because the files will remain classified until well after we're all dead and buried.

ETA - I see that the crowd has gotten in real quickly here and started posting long and patronising pro-forma scripts to make us all look retarded. I am certain that these things weren't in our skies thirty years ago, and yet here we are, with a #load of trails above our heads and a happy-go-lucky bunch of debunkers who are always so quick to jump onto the gravy train of having fun at the expense of others. See ya later folks - have fun with each other, we all have to keep busy I suppose.
edit on 6-10-2013 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

That video has been under discussion. It's the OPINION of a pilot, who seems to barely speak English. Pilots are allowed opinions too aren't they?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join